Why We Lost

DeletedUser54029

This sounds a lot like an excuse, but Teumessian Fox gave Elgios the win. If TF was one of our allies or at least an NAP, then we could use all of our resources to fight Elgios, but, they constantly rejected us, so then we had to fight them, and we therefore had not enough to beat them.

maxilex

Phrourach
That is odd, cos i recall a time when there were three dragon alliances working with Coastal Wolves and their cubs...what was the excuse for that not working?

Silver Witch

Strategos
Charlie the more you talk the more you make your own team sound ridiculous. I would suggest you talk to dragon leaders before continuing.

We had 130 players in Eligos by the end, Dragons many more. We had one ally maybe 60 players, the rest of the world pacted against us.We took our enemies down one by on throughout the server with tireless attack teams.The dragon location was distant from us, we started attacking you late because of this but the areas where we overlapped suffered. Dragons fared no better than the other alliances under pressure. We won because we prepared for everything.

If the foxes had not attacked you there would have been no one for you to fight. This is a war game. Players who sim learn nothing and get bored.

Effectively here you are saying that if no one had attacked you, if the Foxes had joined you then you could have fought us instead? They are oceans away from us - protected by the rim as you are you should have been able to handle 2 areas of fighting. We handled open war fronts on every side - we deliberately created this. Fighting is what makes or breaks a team.

The Foxes did not join either of us. Well done to them for what they achieved. At least they played their own game.

DeletedUser52814

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
charlie i ask again what game are you playing? it surely is not the one everyone else here has been playing
i suggest something like farmville it may be more suitable for you though i hear some of the neighbors can be mean and won't share their resources with you so be careful

DeletedUser51423

perhaps the dragons lost because you know, they didn't have the skills to win? they couldn't even get the best of an alliance of 13 in the rim before everyone got bored and ghosted.

Shee Ra

Phrourach
I can't find the Face-Palm button.

Umm Charlie - It's great that you care and thought about this stuff - but as said above and also to you in PMs ages ago... we did have to fight with TF else your area (and mine & theirs) would have had no game to play... plus TF despite having a few players that wanted to work with Dragons; their leadership didn't, and that's fine.. they weren't going anywhere.

Magick - not sure what you mean.. must have missed the thing about 13..

Villain... Farmville is one of the most fulfilling and rewarding games I ever played.. I made fantastical visuals out of hay-bales and when my victim would click on my farm he saw his initials and my intent pictured clearly... 3:) I AM the FV seductress, was so sad when it all ended and no one could send me their seeds.. :eek:

Congrats to Eligos, and I think Charlie might be a strategist of the future - at least he makes the effort to consider this stuff... and Bring back Farmville!

Shee Ra

Phrourach
Was your reply suggesting I asked someone on Ocean Where? 34?

67291417.jpg

DeletedUser54029

I can't find the Face-Palm button.

Umm Charlie - It's great that you care and thought about this stuff - but as said above and also to you in PMs ages ago... we did have to fight with TF else your area (and mine & theirs) would have had no game to play... plus TF despite having a few players that wanted to work with Dragons; their leadership didn't, and that's fine.. they weren't going anywhere.

Magick - not sure what you mean.. must have missed the thing about 13..

Villain... Farmville is one of the most fulfilling and rewarding games I ever played.. I made fantastical visuals out of hay-bales and when my victim would click on my farm he saw his initials and my intent pictured clearly... 3:) I AM the FV seductress, was so sad when it all ended and no one could send me their seeds.. :eek:

Congrats to Eligos, and I think Charlie might be a strategist of the future - at least he makes the effort to consider this stuff... and Bring back Farmville!
If TF wasn't there to fight, then we could use all resources to fighting Eligios, therefore we could destroy everything. I'm sure no one has heard of this, but Legion XIII was going nowhere either. Sure, everyone is thinking, who the heck is Legion XIII, they were right below the fighting zone of TF and Dragons. We fight them, we waste minimal resources, TF is our allies, big assault on Eligios, Elgios loses, Dragons win, everything is happy.

To all my doubters, this is why my plan didn't work. I know that it didn't. Don't rub our faces in it.

DeletedUser51423

The dragons winning i'm pretty sure that wouldn't make everything happy.. in fact if they had won i'm pretty sure that would have been the most pathetic thing that has happened in years. Eligos dominated the core since the beginning of the server, they deserved to win. They came to win, they chose their allies carefully and they outplayed. But the Dragons having a chance to winning, the thought is kinda funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54029

The dragons winning i'm pretty sure that wouldn't make everything happy.. in fact if they had one i'm pretty sure that would have been the most pathetic thing that has happened in years. Eligos dominated the core since the beginning of the server, they deserved to win. They came to win, they chose their allies carefully and they outplayed. But the Dragons having a chance to winning, the thought is kinda funny.
Don't laugh, we were plenty good and came close.

Silver Witch

Strategos
If TF wasn't there to fight, then we could use all resources to fighting Eligios, therefore we could destroy everything. I'm sure no one has heard of this, but Legion XIII was going nowhere either. Sure, everyone is thinking, who the heck is Legion XIII, they were right below the fighting zone of TF and Dragons. We fight them, we waste minimal resources, TF is our allies, big assault on Eligios, Elgios loses, Dragons win, everything is happy.

To all my doubters, this is why my plan didn't work. I know that it didn't. Don't rub our faces in it.

No Charlie. Alliances do not win or lose because of one factor. I ask you again to look at the map. And Shee Ra - lol yes its good that he has some ideas but he should be discussing them in your forum where one assumes he has his plan!

DeletedUser54029

No Charlie. Alliances do not win or lose because of one factor. I ask you again to look at the map. And Shee Ra - lol yes its good that he has some ideas but he should be discussing them in your forum where one assumes he has his plan!
We had definitely enough to wipe you out, we had WotK, Hades Boatsmen, and Ocean's Veterans.

It would have been a different story without TF.

We might not have won, but we would be close.

Silver Witch

Strategos
We had definitely enough to wipe you out, we had WotK, Hades Boatsmen, and Ocean's Veterans.

It would have been a different story without TF.

We might not have won, but we would be close.

Note your own contradiction here - 'you have enough to wipe us out' but still 'you might not have won'.

What you do not seem to grasp is that all those alliances were fighting us for the last few months. It wasn't a recent development. This is a conquest world. To keep a city safe all you need is vigilance and a snipe (except occasionally in deep red). Our core (and our WW area) is strong and distant from you. Your coalition had little impact even along the front line borders. Your own admission that one little alliance on the rim prevented you from acting says it all. I am not going to respond any further. To persist as you are against all the evidence demonstrates your inability to understand this game. I wish you luck in the future Charlie but unless you do more homework I'm not expecting you to be a serious threat!

DeletedUser54029

Note your own contradiction here - 'you have enough to wipe us out' but still 'you might not have won'.

What you do not seem to grasp is that all those alliances were fighting us for the last few months. It wasn't a recent development. This is a conquest world. To keep a city safe all you need is vigilance and a snipe (except occasionally in deep red). Our core (and our WW area) is strong and distant from you. Your coalition had little impact even along the front line borders. Your own admission that one little alliance on the rim prevented you from acting says it all. I am not going to respond any further. To persist as you are against all the evidence demonstrates your inability to understand this game. I wish you luck in the future Charlie but unless you do more homework I'm not expecting you to be a serious threat!
If we wiped you out, then we needed to be able to beat our coalition for the win.
And, true, this is coming from a first time player, but that's my analysis without feeling like looking at everything.

DeletedUser52814

you seem to forget that all server long there were many coalitions to fight eligos all the groups you mention were made up of members who already had failed in trying to fight eligos when they had strong coalitions and players with experience

what in the world would make you think that the remaining refugees from those failed alliances would do any better against eligos with new more incompetent leadership then they had previously

did you ever stop to wonder why all those other alliances failed and why their main players ghosted?

long story short :you would have failed no matter how many allies you had in your coalition the remaining players lacked the skill and activity level required to fight an experienced core team in eligos

DeletedUser52859

If we wiped you out, then we needed to be able to beat our coalition for the win.
And, true, this is coming from a first time player, but that's my analysis without feeling like looking at everything.

Am I the only one who is playing "Dream On" by Aerosmith in my mind every time this guy speaks?
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

Seriously bro, what kind of sick dream world do you live in? You need to go back to noob school and understand the game better. Winning worlds rarely come down to numbers alone. Experience almost always wins worlds, Charlie. You openly admit you had the numbers advantage yet you still lost. Why do you think that is? It is quite simple; You didn't have enough seasoned veterans and great strategists to win. You are crying over spilled milk though. TF was not going to help you win. We absolutely destroyed you during WWs and on top of that, we busted the wonder you had the best change at halting the crown win at, the Colossus. If you wish to blame someone, blame your leadership, not other alliances.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54029

Am I the only one who is playing "Dream On" by Aerosmith in my mind every time this guy speaks?
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

Seriously bro, what kind of sick dream world do you live in? You need to go back to noob school and understand the game better. Winning worlds rarely come down to numbers alone. Experience almost always wins worlds, Charlie. You openly admit you had the numbers advantage yet you still lost. Why do you think that is? It is quite simple; You didn't have enough seasoned veterans and great strategists to win. You are crying over spilled milk though. TF was not going to help you win. We absolutely destroyed you during WWs and on top of that, we busted the wonder you had the just change at halting the crown win at, the Colossus. If you wish to blame someone, blame your leadership, not other alliances.
We didn't have TF.

They might not have a lot of people or experience, but, man, they packed their border tight. They destroyed quite a bit of troops for us, so we couldn't use them to press your border.

They weren't going to help us, but they definitely harmed us too much.

That's why we lost.