The Demise of Grepolis (premades)

DeletedUser41523

5 years later I feel like rehashing this. Do premades kill Grepolis? Or do they build the community?

DeletedUser

5 years later I feel like rehashing this. Do premades kill Grepolis? Or do they build the community?

I have played both ways-start by myself and join an alliance, and go to a world in a premade. I don't think premades are the issue.

1. There have been a lot of little changes in the last few years, but not the changes that the players have asked for. (A better endgame comes to mind first.) I think a lot of players got tired of doing WWs yet again. Most of the better players and alliances from 3-4 years ago have left, and the newer players and alliances have not joined in numbers to replace the older players leaving.

2. It's hard to keep a game fresh and exciting. There are a lot more competing games than there were 5 years ago. Also many of the newer games are phone/tablet based, not desktop or laptop computer based. I really love Grepolis, but I don't see a bright future for the game.

DeletedUser44167

Might be kind of fun if first Alliance was the 20 people that spawned on starter island.
A little Grepolis tribe :)

Alliance Cap 20
Vote on leader positions etc
Civil War !! Treason!!

Once players drop out can recruit other players from nearby islands but not far far away
Alliance reach certain score unlocks 10 new slots
Then 10 more slots as game goes on

DeletedUser41523

They make an elite community that I can only see destroying the game, lol.

Being fair the counter argument is that players keep playing the game because they're still playing with friends. I do a few pick up premades from time to time. So I'll run through my skype list asking old friends if they want to play, the ones that say no often cite that most their friends have left and they lost interest as a result.

DeletedUser54495

You are spot on buddy even if you are joking.

Wasn't joking mate :) premades are keeping a few more people in but it doesn't make up for the masses of new players losing interest when coming up against them.. Playing with a few mates is fair, gathering the top players on the forums etc. to create an elite group that creates one-way fun isn't.

DeletedUser42565

that's just it my first world was thebes ( I have been in a good few worlds since ofc but thebes was the most crazy world I have ever known) and in thebes unless I was mistaken there were hardly any pre-mades, though I still suspect superbad of being one but they won the world from the rim (could be wrong though) I started in 46 got my *** handed to me as I learned the game, but I was still able to grow and be part of a strong pestilence team. I don't think new players get this opportunity any more cos if you don't cut the grade you are out, ta, nice knowing you kinda thing.

Over-all I still blame pure gold abuse as the main problem in grep, let's face it just how many elite alliances would there be if folk didn't have the thought, "I spend XXX amount into this game, I must be in a team that does as I do as I'm not wasting that money" And inno have encouraged this as they panic about loosing numbers. for example in Nagidos all I have watched around me is the bigger players (not every one other's have ghosted/VM'd respect to them) all jumping ship as soon as a fight was brought to them (absolutely pathetic BTW) instead of having some fun with it... why? because of how much they had spent and then seen the underlings not do so makes folk jump ship. This creates a pointless vacume and inno must get a grip and remember that this game is about more than gold please inno get a grip. Also gold abusers need to get a grip too spending gold to achieve 50 cities is not achieving anything, but an emptier bank balance.

DeletedUser41523

that's just it my first world was thebes ( I have been in a good few worlds since ofc but thebes was the most crazy world I have ever known) and in thebes unless I was mistaken there were hardly any pre-mades.

I was on Thebes in Deathwish's premade, Depraved Tendencies. I rimmed -Achilles- who also had a premade called Kallesti or something. I think LoD and the A-Team were premades there was another premade in their ocean..Dread Fleet or whatever.. There were a few premades in o54 and O44 too. Think the winners were a premade also.

DeletedUser35069

and in thebes unless I was mistaken there were hardly any pre-mades, though I still suspect superbad of being one but they won the world from the rim (could be wrong though)

Superboom was a premade although we didn't plan to join the server. No need to suspect everyone that asked knew, it wasnt a secret. We where playing Gela a 200 cap and got sick and tired of the inactivity on there so jumped to a 35 cap which worked a lot better for us. Hence starting 8 weeks late.

Thebes had quite a few premades running from the start everyone joined there for the settings unfortunately people also liked to sleep and go to the toilet without losing a city so not so many after the first year of the server.

DeletedUser42565

Aha I always thought you guys were a pre-made, as it was my first world at the time I was also doing a lot of guess work :)

loved thebes, but I do remember at the time the experienced folks were already not happy with the way the game was going, turns out they were mostly correct, but I am also aware it's not just grepo to blame.

DeletedUser41523

Grepo is still a fun game. There were lots of updates that sounded like game enders but ended up just being mildly annoying or sometimes even helpful. There's still a list of flaws in the game. But Inno seems to be at least be taking baby steps to fixing them now.

DeletedUser54421

Once players drop out can recruit other players from nearby islands but not far far away
Alliance reach certain score unlocks 10 new slots
Then 10 more slots as game goes on

I like this part of the concept as it would force players perform in order to grow in numbers. But everything before that just doesn't make much sense.