Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser14167

1. Caustic Soda- swim
very interesting alliance. power wise i still think they rank at #2 due to noobies strength. We will see if they finally declare on one of the top 4 and see how they handle a proper fight.
2. SMYN- swim
Best alliance so far, strong grasp of 54 but surprised to see they dont have full control of the ocean. whatever it is, definitely looking forwards to see what is gonna happen between them and blood alliances, now that WIB has taken the refugees from eie.
3. drill- swim
I feel this alliance is the dark horse of the top 3. dont know much about them but they look pretty strong at this point in the game. wonder when they will start a war vs a top 4 alliance as well :)
4. blood alliances- float- for now
Starting to feel very mra-ish. some very good players some pretty trash players(who sends 5 ls with 130 fast transports full of troops?). Will see how relations continue after a couple days. will they take on the eie enemies on or will they find a way to diplo it out!? find out on the next episode of grepolis world 95-z. i do however think that if noobies go to war, they will sink after a while. props to them for having a proper hold on 55 now, controlling a massive 1455 cities as of this post.
5-7 are academies of the top 4 so just read up^
8. Noobs- swim
My alliance so no comment
9. slap.- swim
decent position, full control of ocean 35. will be interesting to see what they do with drill or caustic, and if the two giants go to war, will slap side one side or be neutral? they have a good amount of swing power if those two go against eachother.
10. another blood alliance smh
11. lords of the rim- float
horrible position as of now, good players. will be interesting if they diplo with the langoliers and make a decent power and get a good foothold in the north eastern world.
12. thor- swim
dont know much about this alliance right now, seems like they have a good core of decent players. just to the north of noobies, so we will see how their relations with them are and what war implications that could have.

and as of nerds saying, oh we dont need to do anyone above the top 4 cuz every1 SUX, you would be surprised at how many wars between the big 4 are turned one way or another due to small side alliances. as hitler would remind you, NEVER FIGHT A TWO FRONT WAR :)

Beer Wench

Phrourach
The only way an alliance wins WW outside of the top 4 is if all 4 of those alliances fail in epic fashion. allys 5-12 will affect the outcome but won't have one WW within 3 levels once another alliance has completed it. Its a matter of numbers. As far as move sayin us not having enough players to go to the rim, that has to be the most comical comment to date. It takes more active and more players to fight in the core then it does to go sim on the rim.

DeletedUser54067

^^^^^
So true.
But I think if a Rim alliance controls three major rim oceans that alliance can become one of the biggest alliances in the world.

DeletedUser46108

Wench, if you dont realize how relevant it is than Noobies have 60 players that will build WW-cities on the rim, when certain others have up to 150-200, then you are delusional.
For the first weeks, maybe even a month or two, you can keep up in development by just attacking attacking attackin. Once the city-slots start scaling out it doesnt work. Its not subjective its pure logic. Its simply easier to get 50 players still on 10 cities up to 40 cities each. Than it is to get 20 players on 25 cities up to 75 cities each.

Go ahead build outwards with your current roster. You wouldnt stand a chance because you would range on perhaps 70%, 80% at best of the cities Drill and Soda could. Not to mention Blood who actually have way more people, but they have other stuff to sort out.
Noobies has good players, but so has Soda for example. The only difference is Soda have more of them in this world. You wont win a simming-competition. You can create as much havoc as you want in the core, but that alone is not even close to enough to stop the other three. Who by the way are building outwards in their respective direction. So far out Noobies shouldnt be able to reach either, let alone all three.

Ponini, its just a sad thing how Grep has become..
In a modern Grep-world you dont win on the rim under normal circumstances. Especially when we have arguably the best collection ever of greats in the core. There is not enough players still playing Grepolis. The rim doesnt expand long enough and quick enough. Core-alliances building outwards take cities in the inner core-oceans(what used to be atleast) and simply surf on the cities they have built. A rim-alliance would have to build up many cities themselves. Not to mention they started late along with the biggest one that they fall way behind in development with the core-groups getting lots of free BP, sometimes even by doing very little. There is just no coming back from that in the modern Grep.

Ask RT, ask Foo, anyone

DeletedUser54067

I mean you say that, but I have seen rim alliances do it (usually premades), in my active world of Nagidos, the top player is from a rim ocean, the second and fourth place allainces were made up of several rim alliances etc. But that world is slow so it is a slow build up out of the core TBH. But I think if an alliance like Lords of the Rim or Noobs start taking complete control of the surrounding oceans like 64,63,53,43,65,66 etc. If they end up controlling three of these oceans they can get 3+ million in each ocean and become a large alliance quite quickly. This needs a rim alliance that is dedicated but also a rim alliance that is lucky. Currently SMYN is the only core alliance sticking to the, attack other core alliances mantra, while the major core alliances here seem to enjoy rimming people already on the rim. I think the only way a war that SMYN didn't instigate breaks out if all the rim alliances are eaten up. One way for the rim to survive is for Rim alliances to start merging or mass founding till the point were the alliance is as dense as an inner core allaince but very few alliances and players are willing to waste slots on founding cities. This is part of the reason why noobs have a strong core because EiE founded a strong core that Noobs just took over.

This is why the perfect settings IMO are Speed-3 Unit Speed-1 with Morale, because just to top your own core ocean takes serious time and is next to impossible to do and this allows rim alliances to grow unobstructed. Which means new players don't have to deal with the steep learning curve that Grepolis is. But then what ruins this is when a premade gets created in a rim ocean. All of the world settings favor that type of alliance to succeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54029

9. slap. decent position, full control of ocean 35. will be interesting to see what they do with drill or caustic, and if the two giants go to war, will slap side one side or be neutral? they have a good amount of swing power if those two go against eachother.
If I were the leadership of Slap in that position, I would wait weeks, or maybe a month, until both are weakened. Then I would attack with all my might on drill, ignoring caustic and making about 10 WW ready islands in the core, while preparing for other wars.

DeletedUser51786

David there is a reason I am playing slow in Nagidos, my business is booming any way this is my stats from Abdera something you can never reach

shaz boodoo
Rank 115
Points 1282680
Alliance Eviction Notice
Cities 89
City average 14412
BP Total 1108164

Plus I had 12 slots to be filled when you reach my level then talk to me

DeletedUser46395

If I were the leadership of Slap in that position, I would wait weeks, or maybe a month, until both are weakened. Then I would attack with all my might on drill, ignoring caustic and making about 10 WW ready islands in the core, while preparing for other wars.

I'm sure you would, but perhaps you should subtract 39 from your name in the interest of accuracy, as you don't appear to have any. ;)
Still bitter about being rimmed?

Assuming such a scenario, any sane alliance would assess which side to fight based on the strategic situation at the time.

David there is a reason I am playing slow in Nagidos, my business is booming any way this is my stats from Abdera something you can never reach

shaz boodoo
Rank 115
Points 1282680
Alliance Eviction Notice
Cities 89
City average 14412
BP Total 1108164

Plus I had 12 slots to be filled when you reach my level then talk to me

This is a very strange world where some people are very boastful about really modest achievements (and IQs, for that matter). 115th is nothing much to boast about.As recruiter, tell me you're an elite player who has reached the giddy heights of 115th in a world, and you don't get a place. Especially if you had 12 free slots and didn't fill them - an elite team player fills their slots for the good of the team.

Tell me you're a noob and reached 115, then you probably do get a place, although those empty slots would still be a major concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54360

I'm sure you would, but perhaps you should subtract 39 from your name in the interest of accuracy, as you don't appear to have any. ;)

Assuming such a scenario, any sane alliance would assess which side to fight based on the strategic situation at the time.

This is a very strange world where some people are very boastful about really modest achievements (and IQs, for that matter). 115th is nothing much to boast about.As recruiter, tell me you're an elite player who has reached the giddy heights of 115th in a world, and you don't get a place. Especially if you had 12 free slots and didn't fill them - an elite team player fills their slots for the good of the team.

Tell me you're a noob and reached 115, then you probably do get a place, although those empty slots would still be a major concern.

Bear you are just a simming bag of wind. Ignore him pal he is not qualified to pass judgement on anything.. .

DeletedUser46395

Bear you are just a simming bag of wind. Ignore him pal he is not qualified to pass judgement on anything.. .

Another winning argument there, Witchy. Careful, you're so sharp you might cut yourself. Every single point of your IQ has been deployed to full effect on that one, which surely enhances your reputation even further as one of the great intellects of this game.

DeletedUser46391

sURVIVAL in a near impossible situation . What have you achieved fron your much more comfortable starting position ?

Me personally? None I guess, I'm just a cog in our machine and do what I can for the team as a whole.

My alliance?

I suppose we have a chance at winning.
Good working relationships with the neighbors.
Beaten a few top ten alliances.
4 of the top ten fighters (I know you like the fighter ranking).

You know, That kinda stuff.

DeletedUser54360

Me personally? None I guess, I'm just a cog in our machine and do what I can for the team as a whole.

My alliance?

I suppose we have a chance at winning.
Good working relationships with the neighbors.
Beaten a few top ten alliances.
4 of the top ten fighters (I know you like the fighter ranking).

You know, That kinda stuff.
that was my point personally you have done nothing other than try to help smyn crush me when I was ill.

wreakedhavoc

Phrourach

Battle Points: 162 Bearissimus This is not a hammer 113030

Who are you ? what have u done ? pretty clearly nothing other than spending your whole day trolling and running your gob, Don't judge others by points , because points mean nothing , some small players are way more effective in battles than big players.

DeletedUser46395

Who are you ? what have u done ? pretty clearly nothing other than spending your whole day trolling and running your gob, Don't judge others by points , because points mean nothing , some small players are way more effective in battles than big players.

It's a long game. But I have achieved a ranking in a world somewhat better than Shaz's best. My best also has a 1 in it, just no other numbers. World Lapithos, and achieved around WW time.

wreakedhavoc

Phrourach
It's a long game. But I have achieved a ranking in a world somewhat better than Shaz's best. My best also has a 1 in it, just no other numbers. World Lapithos, and achieved around WW time.

I personally don't judge players according to their ranking, but since you are judging Shaz according to his ranking , I did the same to you. u might be more helpful in wars than any player in top 10, rank means nothing , that's all I wanted to tell you .

DeletedUser54360

I know we crossed keyboards mate. But damm straight about time these two whining girls who need to wake up before their two best fighters walk away in disgust.. So fixated are they by the nah nah na nah stuff

Ever heard the expression " People who believe only other peoples farts are smelly? " That is what you are dealing with with these two, - Bear and RT