Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser54029
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

1) Stay Cool- Told you so. Swim

2) OSG4Life-
Honestly this group looks a lot better than the MRA brand would have you think. Swim

3) Order 66-
Seems to be losing ground to SC and lost Sohoglory to them. Pretty hefty loss considering the event is coming. FLOAT.

4) Plague Bunnies-
Kind of funny that the academy passed up the main branch but hey, they're now back on track and that's what counts. SWIM

5) Stay Enraged-
See SC.

6) Killer Bunnies-
See KB.

7) Zero Tolerance- Gone tit for tat with these guys. Not bad players but something seems off as a group. Kicked a player while under siege, sent an unsupported CS at us. Have some dead weight. But the top overall is formidable. But the current lack of team work I think will do them in long term. FLOAT then Sink.

8) Winners- Having a nice little war with SC and allied to O66. But they're gradually losing ground. Sink.

9) Rejects-
Internal problems with OSG? Being fair, OSG spreading to O45 at this time was a reach. Rejects gets to FLOAT for now.

10) Project Snuggle- Appears to be the little spoon in O54 and are losing cities and players quickly. I don't see them lasting much longer if something doesn't change. Sink.

11) OSG Empire-
See OSG4Life

12) Turtle Time- These guys suck plz get me out of here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51283

OSG and rejects merge sort of thing didn't really work out.

More or less both alliances doing the same thing only under one banner.

DeletedUser51219

anyone want to do another top 12? It has been a few days and some things have changed.

DeletedUser54486

I'll do another one for Old Times' Sake (I'll be bundling Families together and listing alliances as they are currently ranked):

1: Stay Cool Family SWIM
These guys have picked a lot of fights and still are faring pretty well and earning a lot of BP while they do it. As #1 in points and #1 in ABP and overall BP, I don't see these guys going down any time soon. Their only real opposition in O54 is the Winners Family (more on them later)

2: OSG Family SWIM
These guys are doing pretty well for themselves, with little resistance in their home O44 (besides Thracians, but more on that later) they look in a solid position with #2 in Points, ABP, and overall BP.

3: Bunnies Family SINK
These guys had their founder saved by a glitch, and only beat Project Snuggle due to a combination of IRL events and mass-pacting. While #3 in points and overall BP, I don't think these guys will be able to hold their own against an opponent around as tough as they are VERY spread out.

4: Order Family: FLOAT
While losing Sohoglory was a bit of a hit to them, I think they'll survive at least a bit longer due to Stay Cool being involved in multiple wars at the moment and no other neighboring power really being strong enough to take them down. They are currently ranked #5 in points, #5 in ABP, and #6 in overall BP.

5: Zero Tolerance: SINK
Frankly I don't like these guy's odds much right now. They are surrounded by alliances better-cored than they are (notable exception is frontier cities of Rejects, to be mentioned later) and have a lackluster BP ranking for their Points ranking with #6 points ranking, #11 ABP, #10 overall BP.

6: Rejects: FLOAT
Formerly OSGAnarchy, they reportedly broke away from OSG because of their disagreement with OSG's pursuing of a NAP with ZT. While their core will be difficult to penetrate, their frontier cities may become easy targets for their enemies. They are ranked #7 in points, #7 in ABP, and #9 in overall BP.

7: Winners Family: FLOAT
They've been currently surviving in their war against Stay Cool (a feat in and of itself), and do not have the full ire of Stay Cool directed at them (for the moment at least). Should they become the only enemy of Stay Cool I doubt they'd last long, but that is a situation I don't foresee for an alliance like Stay Cool.

8: Turtle Time: ABSTAIN
You guys really want me to tell you how great my alliance is?

9: OCEANS VETERANS: SWIM
They may not be an obvious choice to many, but through smart diplomacy and solid coring they've set themselves to be in a good place for weeks to come at the very least. I bet we'll be seeing these guys higher in the rankings quite soon.

10: Project Snuggle: SINK
They're still alive? I thought they died already.

11: Thracians: SWIM
Solid coring, good BP (ranked #14 in points, but #6 in ABP and #8 in overall BP), there is not much to dislike about this alliance. Like OV I predict this alliance to be one of the few that will last for weeks if not months to come. Their main existential threat at this point seems to be OSG, but I believe they'll pull through (I remember saying that about Project Snuggle though, so maybe that doesn't mean so much).

12: The Charlatans: FLOAT
I'm underwhelmed by these guys, but at the same time I'm confident in their ability to diplomatically align themselves as to prevent their imminent demise. I can't say that I expect to see these guys any higher (if even at their same place) a couple weeks or a month from now.

I would do an honorable mentions (as I like to do) but this Top 12 already goes through the Top 15, so I'll pass on that one for now. I'm sure there are some other alliances that haven't been mentioned in this list (Immortals perhaps) that may rise into notoriety in the weeks to come.

DeletedUser54537

1 Stay Cool - They seem to be holding well against multiple alliances hitting them but with an average loss in the past few days. One of their biggest players (or ex-biggest) ***XXX*** is leaving, shouldn't be a problem though. To be fair these guys seem really good, no wonder a big coalition has been made against them. Personally I despise them; They kick smaller players because they are in it for the good outside impression. So players who don't gold, are bad growers but keep helping the alliance and talking are being removed to be replaced by bigger players who give a better image for the alliance. The exceptions are 2 of the founder, jooser and Sale 75, why don't they get kicked for slow growth ? They should be treated the same as the members, otherwise it's like communism (which they seem to be fans of, just look at Stay Enraged and their members). The alliance members have to be the same but exceptions can be made for the leadership. Then again I might be wrong but its what it looks like to me. an unfortunate SWIM

2 Killer Bunnies - The gap widens between them and OSG4LIFE. They are doing a good job strenghening their core but they still have a long way to go. Now that they have Stay Cool in thier ocean they can't really take it slow. Looking at maps they have a new 54 based enemy (Jagged Swans), the result of a merge between The Charlatans and Necessary Roughness. They have good players and seemingly better leadership (I hear less complaining). SWIMMISH

3 OSG4LIFE - With their no2 on vacation and their no1 inactive they would normally be a lot weaker and prone to fall if the right alliance hits them. Fortunately for them they have 3 branches and Thracians don't seem to be able to topple them. This will slow their growth enormously. FLOAT

4 Stay Enraged - Supporters of communism: High on Communism, Jacksonmaster, derdackl COMMUNISM

5 Order 66 -
Losing ground to SC, Sinking ship, MRA, Star Trek > Star Wars, Han Solo is alive. All statements that will make this alliance rage SINK

DeletedUser51219

What about the more interesting part of the top 10? 4 swims and 1 sink

DeletedUser54490

1 Stay Cool - They seem to be holding well against multiple alliances hitting them but with an average loss in the past few days. One of their biggest players (or ex-biggest) ***XXX*** is leaving, shouldn't be a problem though. To be fair these guys seem really good, no wonder a big coalition has been made against them. Personally I despise them; They kick smaller players because they are in it for the good outside impression. So players who don't gold, are bad growers but keep helping the alliance and talking are being removed to be replaced by bigger players who give a better image for the alliance. The exceptions are 2 of the founder, jooser and Sale 75, why don't they get kicked for slow growth ? They should be treated the same as the members, otherwise it's like communism (which they seem to be fans of, just look at Stay Enraged and their members). The alliance members have to be the same but exceptions can be made for the leadership. Then again I might be wrong but its what it looks like to me. an unfortunate SWIM

2 Killer Bunnies - The gap widens between them and OSG4LIFE. They are doing a good job strenghening their core but they still have a long way to go. Now that they have Stay Cool in thier ocean they can't really take it slow. Looking at maps they have a new 54 based enemy (Jagged Swans), the result of a merge between The Charlatans and Necessary Roughness. They have good players and seemingly better leadership (I hear less complaining). SWIMMISH

3 OSG4LIFE - With their no2 on vacation and their no1 inactive they would normally be a lot weaker and prone to fall if the right alliance hits them. Fortunately for them they have 3 branches and Thracians don't seem to be able to topple them. This will slow their growth enormously. FLOAT

4 Stay Enraged - Supporters of communism: High on Communism, Jacksonmaster, derdackl COMMUNISM

5 Order 66 -
Losing ground to SC, Sinking ship, MRA, Star Trek > Star Wars, Han Solo is alive. All statements that will make this alliance rage SINK

WOW. That was an interesting post.
Let me start by decomposing this mess.

1- Kicking small players for the good outside impression. What ? We organize our players as we see fit. Many top ranked players joined us in the last week or so asking for slots in the Main branch. We moved some players to other branches to make spaces.

2- No one was ever booted based solely on "slow growth". When a player has "slow growth" and/or doesn't participate in team efforts we dont boot , we eat. So much for quality control , I guess we are evil for being demanding of our members in their participation and ativity. I guess that makes us all about the outside impression not about keeping a core of good players.

2- Founders dont get kicked for slow growth because point progression , as I said, is not enough for a kick. Also, try and check your facts , jooser was VM for over a week.

3- (Leaders) - "They should be treated the same as the members". Who are you to complain ? Our members are the ones who get to complain and as of yet our leadership has only been complemented from those who came in from both Order and Killer Bunnies. So the leaders of KB and Order must surely be Joseph Stalin himself ... which brings us to ...

4-Communism - I am sorry but what is your problem with Communism ? In fact forget it. No one cares. You are acting like somekind of witchhunter calling people out for their political views. Whats wrong with you? Anyone can express their political views openly. Your attempt at a witchhunt is both disgusting as well ridicolous.
"4 Stay Enraged - Supporters of communism: High on Communism, Jacksonmaster, derdackl COMMUNISM"
Are these people being exposed for sometthing ?
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

They merely expressed themselves in their profiles. You are the one running around "exposing" them and pointing fingers at them as if they are doing something wrong , as if they should be punished or people take note of this.

Keep it focused in the game and out of your political agenda.

The ammount of hate SC gets is as we see it normal for such a successful bunch as we have been. I guess we have pissed a lot of people off. But this went to far for me to stay quiet.

DeletedUser41523

1) Stay Cool- Top dog of the world right now after seems to be fighting the world and it looks like Stay Cool is at worst on par with the entire world and at best beating them. My Advice: Keep fighting everyone its ballsy and entertaining. Continue to trim the dead weight too.

2) Killer Bunnies- The odd man out of the top 3. Their main branch looks good. Their other two branches look like food at the moment and I don't see that changing anytime soon. They're currently being eaten by OSG and Stay Cool from the looks of it. My Advice: Start trimming the fat off of the other two branches. Then run an op on either OSG or SC.

3) OSG4Life- What they lost in OSG Anarchy they gained in OSG Vangaurd and recruiting into O35. So many branches, I think over time it'll become hard to manage if they're still recruiting heavily at this stage. My Advice: Disband a branch or two and take the players actually worth keeping in your local areas from those branches.

4) Stay Enraged- See Stay Cool. My Advice: Become capitalists.

5) Order 66-
Currently on the receiving end of the order it seems as Stay Cool takes cities off them and their branches. According to some sources they seem to be leaches towards their allies too and surviving through them. My Advice: Disband. Top players should form a new alliance and try to fight SC with that.

6) OCEANS VETERANS- Should be 5th probably. Probably the only alliance right now with it all together. No advice.

7) Thracians- Suffered internal problems awhile back, seems those players ghosted out. Now they get to fight OSG. Giving the edge to OSG for the moment since they're heavily concentrated in O44. My Advice: Ally someone like Killer Bunnies to do it. Worst case they become a punching bag that you can't eat anyways at this time.

8) Turtle Time- Sack dragging on Zero Tolerance at the moment. All you need to know. My Advice: Stop getting drunk and telling incredibly dark and depressing life stories to enemy players.

9) Rejects- Also fighting Zero Tolerance at the moment. My Advice: Zibute for president.

10) Winners- I get the impression they're better than their allies at the Orders. I also think that they know that. My Advice: Drop the pact with Order and start trying to eat their cities, they'd be better served in your hands.

11) Zero Tolerance- At "war" with Rejects, order 66, and Turtle Time. Not really doing a lot to fight back and getting cleared daily and nightly. Couple of last minute saves by event flyers from their top players but don't see them doing hot after. My Advice: Either attack back or disband.

12) Winners II- See Winners.

DeletedUser54537

WOW. That was an interesting post.
Let me start by decomposing this mess.

1- Kicking small players for the good outside impression. What ? We organize our players as we see fit. Many top ranked players joined us in the last week or so asking for slots in the Main branch. We moved some players to other branches to make spaces.

2- No one was ever booted based solely on "slow growth". When a player has "slow growth" and/or doesn't participate in team efforts we dont boot , we eat. So much for quality control , I guess we are evil for being demanding of our members in their participation and ativity. I guess that makes us all about the outside impression not about keeping a core of good players.

2- Founders dont get kicked for slow growth because point progression , as I said, is not enough for a kick. Also, try and check your facts , jooser was VM for over a week.

3- (Leaders) - "They should be treated the same as the members". Who are you to complain ? Our members are the ones who get to complain and as of yet our leadership has only been complemented from those who came in from both Order and Killer Bunnies. So the leaders of KB and Order must surely be Joseph Stalin himself ... which brings us to ...

4-Communism - I am sorry but what is your problem with Communism ? In fact forget it. No one cares. You are acting like somekind of witchhunter calling people out for their political views. Whats wrong with you? Anyone can express their political views openly. Your attempt at a witchhunt is both disgusting as well ridicolous.
"4 Stay Enraged - Supporters of communism: High on Communism, Jacksonmaster, derdackl COMMUNISM"
Are these people being exposed for sometthing ?
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

They merely expressed themselves in their profiles. You are the one running around "exposing" them and pointing fingers at them as if they are doing something wrong , as if they should be punished or people take note of this.

Keep it focused in the game and out of your political agenda.

The ammount of hate SC gets is as we see it normal for such a successful bunch as we have been. I guess we have pissed a lot of people off. But this went to far for me to stay quiet.

Then again I did say that it was what I saw from the outside and that I could be wrong
the Communism thing was a joke, I didn't expect people to take it seriously

DeletedUser51219

11) Zero Tolerance- At "war" with Rejects, order 66, and Turtle Time. Not really doing a lot to fight back and getting cleared daily and nightly. Couple of last minute saves by event flyers from their top players but don't see them doing hot after. My Advice: Either attack back or disband.
Lets not forget people keep ghosting and getting kicked while they are in siege seems some of their players want to leave the alliance as well