Pnp Alex's Last Words for Interlude

• Thread starter DeletedUser53868
  • Start date

DeletedUser53868

Interlude got this in their bag, but lets be honest, what did they do to deserve it, actually?
They recruited everything around and always escaped the big fights, as they are at least 300 players now.
The braggers lost it, but these ones are not better winners.
Killing the game just to win a damn crown is fair, huh? Thanks for the tip.
Remember about the 7 months they passed here recruiting everything around, and then forget about them forever

REST IN PIECES

Alex

DeletedUser46235

it may be unfortunate but thats how WWs are won. getting a crown means nothing anymore. im not upset because i had a great time with my alliance and would play again even if i knew we wouldn't win

DeletedUser53998

I don't think it has much to do with who 'deserved' you may think others should get it because they fought more. People enjoy the game different ways that just how it is. Nobody deserved anymore than anyone else. Also as for HH it was a shame we never got attacked by anyone. TD attacked and took alot of NSD/EPI cities with very little retaliation.

As for our merge that everyone seems very annoyed about in the end we maybe had maybe 160-170 players contributing on a regular basis. So no more than your alliance.

Well done to NSD they have fought well and I believe will continue to do so its isn't finished yet an we will take nothing for granted we have achieved nothing until that 4th WW is built.

FYI - We don't want a crown we want to win the world

DeletedUser53868

it may be unfortunate but thats how WWs are won. getting a crown means nothing anymore. im not upset because i had a great time with my alliance and would play again even if i knew we wouldn't win
The same here. I never wanted to win, although ofc I like when it happens. I knew our chances were little to non, but I decided to stick because of friends. But when I spoke about braggers, I spoke about the "old NSD", as EPIDEMIC was the alliance that played grepolis like it should be played, without saying a single word on this pit of toxicity. Congrats to you guys for playing that way, I have respect for you guys, and thats rare when coming from me.

I don't think it has much to do with who 'deserved' you may think others should get it because they fought more. People enjoy the game different ways that just how it is. Nobody deserved anymore than anyone else. Also as for HH it was a shame we never got attacked by anyone. TD attacked and took alot of NSD/EPI cities with very little retaliation.

As for our merge that everyone seems very annoyed about in the end we maybe had maybe 160-170 players contributing on a regular basis. So no more than your alliance.

Well done to NSD they have fought well and I believe will continue to do so its isn't finished yet an we will take nothing for granted we have achieved nothing until that 4th WW is built.

FYI - We don't want a crown we want to win the world

Wait what? TD didn't even have a full ocean "on their bag"

If you had 160-170 players helping regularly, that is already more than the total of players we have.

We have 130, 75 tops (which is only one full alliance) were contributing to the WWs actively, this when counting both alliances.

It is incredible how you guys won with the biggest amount of cuddling i've ever seen and you still manage to criticize us when we didn't manage to build a single wonder until now.
So please, get outta here, congrats on the win, enjoy your undeserved certificate.

DeletedUser53998

Like I said nobody deserved anything any more than anyone else. Don't complain about what others do.
Yes you are right I thought there where more people in your second alliance.
I think we created more salt than the 'Pass the salt' thread woops

DeletedUser54339

"This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

- TS Eliot, "The Hollow Men"

DeletedUser53996

Good speech, Alex.
I must say that it was a very good move. Sure it was not polite, cowardly, and they did not put up a good fight.
But it's a game after all, and that was a good move on their part. So IO, my congratulations to you.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

Alexander

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
The real shame here is still that the endgame is not consistent with the rest of this great game. I want to make two points about that.

Inno tried to make some changes that would reduce the benefit to super-coalitions in building WWs, but IMHO this has actually made it harder for a smaller number of players to coordinate and did not level the playing field.

In many ways, we (TLB) changed our playing style for this world to try to make ourselves more appropriate for the endgame earlier on. We focused a lot on our core and less on our usual way of just fighting everyone who looked like a fun enemy. The only thing we did NOT do (despite the alternate facts sometimes posted here) is cuddle up with a lot of big nearby alliances to avoid war or make backroom deals on splitting up the wonders to assure victory. Apparently, those are the two things that actually matter. Well, I have no interest in playing that way. And if that's what it takes to win, I'll go back to being a kingmaker or spoiler. It was WAY more fun.

DeletedUser53998

While I do agree Inno do need to make further changes. But I would also like to see the number of points WW required become a world setting tbh (i don't think they will get rid of them is all).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54163

Regardless of whether you like what we done or not. we still had to work damn hard. NSD were in front on quite a few wonders at one point. But the fact you had to create this thread shows your lack of sportsmanship. Working with other alliances or in your words "cuddling" makes you stronger. It's also extremely hypocritical of you as well. since TF-LB cuddled and NSD cuddled up with EPI (even though i believe their bio says no cuddling allowed). If you want to keep QQ'ing go ahead.

Working with other alliances or in your words "cuddling" makes you stronger. It's also extremely hypocritical of you as well. since TF-LB cuddled and NSD cuddled up with EPI (even though i believe their bio says no cuddling allowed). If you want to keep QQ'ing go ahead.
Exactly what i was thinking. :rolleyes: Altough its not just alex, its almost everyone here who is here that is calling someone else a cudler, but did it their selves.

Last edited:

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
Regardless of whether you like what we done or not. we still had to work damn hard. NSD were in front on quite a few wonders at one point. But the fact you had to create this thread shows your lack of sportsmanship. Working with other alliances or in your words "cuddling" makes you stronger. It's also extremely hypocritical of you as well. since TF-LB cuddled and NSD cuddled up with EPI (even though i believe their bio says no cuddling allowed). If you want to keep QQ'ing go ahead.

No, no. Let's be clear. A merge is not cuddling. We slam NSD for this, because they called our merge a cuddle then did one themselves.

This is a war game, and if by stronger, you mean promising not to fight anyone near enough to attack you so you can all build your pretty cities and then collaborate on WW without any real opposition, you are not using the word strength properly.

NSD fought the good fight. They could have moved out a little and fought some tougher enemies, but I suspect they would have done well. We never had the chance to run any real ops on them, because our strategy went a different way, but I know we would would have had to work for it. And EPIDEMIC kept us on our toes both offensively and defensively for the first half of the server.

While two of the biggest players in Interlude hid out in our alliance for a good part of that time pretending to be part of the team, but fighting their own battles and helping their old friends in TD. Then tried to wheedle us into that group by going around our founder. Talk about lack of sportsmanship.

DeletedUser53868

Did you have too much booze friday night?
Merging is not properly the same as cuddling, unless when you merge 5/6 alliances into one like you guys did.
Exorcistul, guineeapig, etc have some great sportsmanship, right? I learned from them.
Dont talk before looking to yourself and your team first, please and thank you

DeletedUser54163

I dont know anything about the exorcistul stuff so i wont comment on that. the 4th wonder is yet to be completed yet so ill be careful not to shoot myself in the foot. Yes this a war game, and allies are needed. we had more than you clearly. The fact is you were out played. i reckon you could have got atleast 1 wonder if you had concentrated correctly but you didnt. And the fact of the matter is yes we do deserve to get a crown, we worked hard day and night making sure we had the timings perfect. ill speak on behalf of everyone, next time just say well done, instead of dumping salt on the forums and throwing a tantrum.

DeletedUser53824

Did you have too much booze friday night?
Merging is not properly the same as cuddling, unless when you merge 5/6 alliances into one like you guys did.
Exorcistul, guineeapig, etc have some great sportsmanship, right? I learned from them.
Dont talk before looking to yourself and your team first, please and thank you
Ok, how exactly were we meant to compete when everyone else going for the win had merged?
Yeah we did a bigger merge than everyone else.
About exo and guinea, I don't speak for them but they both started in TD, they leave and join you and that's not a problem - it's their decision. They come back - it's also their decision.
You came expecting an easy win, something like 'tf-lb, road to victor of the world' and you didn't win and now your angry.
Respect to NSD, DBD and TF/TLB though

'Remember about the 7 months they passed here recruiting everything around, and then forget about them forever'
Got to admit this confuses me. TD and HH were on no way an MRA, nobody in interlude went around the externals boasting, we didn't spend our time simming and treated TF/TLB with respect.

DeletedUser54055

I dont know anything about the exorcistul stuff so i wont comment on that. the 4th wonder is yet to be completed yet so ill be careful not to shoot myself in the foot. Yes this a war game, and allies are needed. we had more than you clearly. The fact is you were out played. i reckon you could have got atleast 1 wonder if you had concentrated correctly but you didnt. And the fact of the matter is yes we do deserve to get a crown, we worked hard day and night making sure we had the timings perfect. ill speak on behalf of everyone, next time just say well done, instead of dumping salt on the forums and throwing a tantrum.
I'll say well done- but the fact you merged with anyone that wasnt tf-lb or dbd together and still only just won on the tomb by 16 hours does not give you any bragging rights what so ever

DeletedUser54573

I have certain amount of respect for all alliances/players in the world and apart of WW and any world I play in but saying some deserve it more than others. No, we all deserve it, just in different ways. Sure, what happened and how it happened kind of sucked but if it were you in our shoes, would you be saying what you are saying, maybe, I doubt it. Either way, someone wins and someone doesn't and whoever it was, the other(s) wouldn't like it. It's how the game works with winning or losing but it's how you deal with it, take it, handle it or accept it and move forward that matters.

DeletedUser54055

I have certain amount of respect for all alliances/players in the world and apart of WW and any world I play in but saying some deserve it more than others. No, we all deserve it, just in different ways. Sure, what happened and how it happened kind of sucked but if it were you in our shoes, would you be saying what you are saying, maybe, I doubt it. Either way, someone wins and someone doesn't and whoever it was, the other(s) wouldn't like it. It's how the game works with winning or losing but it's how you deal with it, take it, handle it or accept it and move forward that matters.
Oh I've completely accepted the fact that IO won :). Most of them came to this world just for ww and they got it I'm happy for them.l- I'm not devastated that we lost either- I'm here for the pvp aspect of the game and I had fun in this world :).
My point is the way IO won ww means they take the crown and that's it. I can accept IO winning but I can't accept them bragging about winning- because of how they won.
In any case it was nice to have a world with active externals and to all those whom I did not have contact ingame within hope that some time down the road I'll meet again and there can be a bit more fighting as well as trash talk :p