W.A.R.ends here

• Thread starter DeletedUser53981
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
This is the stupidest way to protest stuff like this I can think off

Don't get me wrong, I agree that there's a word to be said about mods being too biased
Wether this applies to WAR is out in the open

But how is ghosting after spending tons on gold going to give a message to Inno?
You give them your money, then you ghost so they certainly won't have any troubles with you
Makes no sense to me, the only people you punish are your teammates and your enemies, none of which should've been the target

But how do we protest then I hear you ask
Simple; play without gold
You still get to play, you don't screw everyone over AND Inno doesn't make a cent off you
It's not that hard really

DeletedUser21774

A nice idea in theory assuming that all players banned are actually innocent. On the flip side telling someone who deliberately cheats how they detect them will make it easier for them to avoid detection next time around.
So does the Internal Revenue Service, and they catch people nonetheless.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
So does the Internal Revenue Service, and they catch people nonetheless.

Cheating in games is a lot different than tax fraud and such, and a lot harder to catch
It's also a lot less riskier, so people are easier persuaded into trying it
If you're interested at all, here's a small read on cheats and anti cheats
That paper was written by the creator of the most notorious hack for a online shooter, even with all the information in that paper being public he kept it undetected for years, only recently it started being detected
Goes to show how hard it is to catch those things if they're written well

DeletedUser31385

Please do not talk about specific instances of cheating or about sensitive information regarding former moderators.

DeletedUser54519

What a shocker, they deleted his post. Not surprised. Yeah, please dont dare talk about real issues. Better to just not address them.

DeletedUser54585

Like Cas / echo / nevnyn being fired as an in game mod the same day this all came out and her trying to keep it a secret? Quite the coincidence. I wonder why she would want to keep that quiet? Yes, absolutely do not talk about that. And definitely do not keep repeating it after posts get deleted.

DeletedUser10962

I never said we did not have cheats in CFZ. We did (and probably still do). I cannot know what someone is doing in their own accounts. There are a few players I know have been reported and screened and their accounts are clean.

I do know that installing an unapproved script or bot, especially the same couple of ones that are all over the internet, is fairly easy for moderators to detect. Install the unapproved script or bot and if you are reported and caught there are consequences to pay. You let your whole team down.

Now...why should players who play according to the rules NOT report suspected cheaters? I will report anyone I suspect of cheating...anytime. I play honestly and I know that the players in CFZ or formerly in CFZ mentioned here play honestly (Cas, BB, Laura, Fluvisol) without bots or scripts. There was no conspiracy against W.A.R. at all. Some players had some unapproved scripts or bots on their accounts. They were cheating and got caught. Deal with it. Its not a conspiracy against any one particular alliance by anyone else. The fact that you all ghosted was a poor response.

One of those played so honestly that if we mention them by name the mods delete the post. You've been duped or you're pretending not to know when you do

DeletedUser52220

So Fig, in a very non specific way, should a hypothetical mod be fired for doing stuff that would be considered "sensitive" information, such as possibly abandoning all sense of impartiality and going entirely against the "contract" they entered into when becoming a mod by favoring friends and destroying the game for non-friends, what's the recourse for those people, you know, the ones who joined lato fully intending to play an honest game and see it through to the end. The ones who probably spent a lot of money on gold simply in order to react to in-game actions directly caused by mod duplicity. I believe we call those people innocent victims? It's all very well a mod being fired and then having all mention of them redacted by their former co-mods, but where is the offer of compensation or simply a gesture of good will to the players directly affected? From what I've seen, when they posted their dismay here they were (and continue to be) shut down by the very people who frankly should be kissing their butts. The same people who not so long ago felt it was appropriate to randomly raise the price of gold by 25% and justify it as being a natural consequence of them investing in "quality" of service. Lol. Time for you inno staff to get real, me thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

If we went around firing every mod based on random accusations we wouldn't have any mods left. Now don't get me wrong there's some terrible mods and the lack of transparency is garbage.

But here's the thing, there's no way that a mod banned these guys "just because" and still gets to be a mod. There was something that led them to believe that this was happening, now whether it was correct or not is definitely up for debate. If someone acted partially to CFZ then they did a terrible job at it because the mass ghosting of WAR was a shocker to us as were the bans. These guys were a couple of days inactive before we fully caught on.

DeletedUser10962

If we went around firing every mod based on random accusations we wouldn't have any mods left. Now don't get me wrong there's some terrible mods and the lack of transparency is garbage.

But here's the thing, there's no way that a mod banned these guys "just because" and still gets to be a mod. There was something that led them to believe that this was happening, now whether it was correct or not is definitely up for debate. If someone acted partially to CFZ then they did a terrible job at it because the mass ghosting of WAR was a shocker to us as were the bans. These guys were a couple of days inactive before we fully caught on.

I know that's what makes them actually firing one make it so obvious they were doing something pretty bad.

DeletedUser41523

That sucks. Minnesota's Head football coach got fired for suspending half his starting line up for commiting sexual assault. Guess if enough people complain anything can happen.

DeletedUser54519

That sucks. Minnesota's Head football coach got fired for suspending half his starting line up for commiting sexual assault. Guess if enough people complain anything can happen.
So you are saying that nothing happened with this mod? Or just implying that is was just because of people unjustly complaining? Kind of a bad response.

DeletedUser52220

Guess if enough people complain anything can happen.

Alternatively if mods don't pass on information about impending bans to their teammates, putting it in writing no less, there wouldn't be anything for the aggrieved to complain about. But sure, lets go with your entirely pointless and irrelevant football thing.

DeletedUser41523

So you are saying that nothing happened with this mod? Or just implying that is was just because of people unjustly complaining? Kind of a bullshit response.

Fact is a lot of people complained and that person is gone. We had no clue about what you all are claiming so im left to assume mass complaints work. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe not.

Personally I think people got caught doing stuff they shouldn't be doing and just needed someone to blame. I believe this based on past experiences with friends who got caught doing stuff they shouldn't be doing and claimed every reason under the sun that it was the mods fault and not theirs when it later turned out to be 100% them.

So with all due respect, even though I like a lot of you, I think most of you are full of bananas on this issue and anything short of hardline proof really won't unentrench me from this position.

DeletedUser41523

Alternatively if mods don't pass on information about impending bans to their teammates, putting it in writing no less, there wouldn't be anything for the aggrieved to complain about. But sure, lets go with your entirely pointless and irrelevant Football thing

Actually that wasn't pointless or irrelevant. You see, obviously people who do the wrong thing should be suspended until they at least clear their name.

What is pointless and irrelevant is your imput on a world you long rage ghosted on and abandoned. About a person and team that you negative bias against anyways probably more so than anyone else debating this. On a subject you most likely have no proof in.

DeletedUser10962

Fact is a lot of people complained and that person is gone. We had no clue about what you all are claiming so im left to assume mass complaints work. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe not.

Personally I think people got caught doing stuff they shouldn't be doing and just needed someone to blame. I believe this based on past experiences with friends who got caught doing stuff they shouldn't be doing and claimed every reason under the sun that it was the mods fault and not theirs when it later turned out to be 100% them.

So with all due respect, even though I like a lot of you, I think most of you are full of **** on this issue and anything short of hardline proof really won't unentrench me from this position.

Personally I think people often get banned after a lot of people complain. So you're saying your logic is when a lot of people complain and someone gets banned they're guilty. If people complain about a mod and they get fired but then claim "every reason under the sun" that it's not true they're innocent.

Given you're ok with bans when mods shouldn't provide evidence to players you seem to have a large double standard on your requirements of evidence here. Which makes you look like a massive hypocrite.

DeletedUser41523

I think evidence should absolutely be provided. The lack of transparcy is stupid and I think we don't even have a debate going about this if Inno would be more transparent. However my past experiences tend to lead me to the conclusion that odds are people were botting. And when people get caught they blame the mods, the other team, The illuminati, or whatever other conspiracy suits their ends. So I'm a skeptic here.

But does the lack of transparent proof on their end suddenly absolve you from having to provide proof that they're guilty of what you're accusing them of? Like I said, if you can prove this, I'll admit you're right and be on my way. Until then I'm going to assume that people were probably actually botting and the only thing different about this is that everyone complained. Because from my end, there's nothing indicating otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.