Discussion Captain Farming Village Overview Addition

DeletedUser54537

Proposal: To add a button in the captain farming village overview that makes it able to collect for all cities at once

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No

Reason: Once you get a couple dozen cities it takes a lot of time to collect resources from farming villages for every single city

Details: this would be an additional feature to the captain's farming village overview. It would show at the top of the list as All Cities and there would only be 4 options: The 4 times possible

Visual Aids:

Balance: As it is part of the captain's feature you have to pay gold to get it

Abuse Prevention: Does not show how many resources each city gets nor if a city is over capacity

Summary: To create a new addition to the captain's farming village overview. This would consist of adding a box at the top of the farming village overview page that would say "All Cities" and there would be 4 options, the 4 time options.

DeletedUser53824

Yeah, eventually 5 minute farming becomes too time consuming having to select every city

DeletedUser54495

I would love the idea but I feel as if Inno wouldn't add it as it would make it too easy to use farms

Hard to explain but some people will understand what I mean lol

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i believe this was suggested previously and discarded
the problem is that if you have more than one city on an island, the farm all button won't work
or the system would auto choose the first city listed for an island, which may not be what you want

Shuri2060

Strategos
i believe this was suggested previously and discarded
the problem is that if you have more than one city on an island, the farm all button won't work
or the system would auto choose the first city listed for an island, which may not be what you want
I think most people would be fine with the system auto choosing the 1st city. In its current state, I think a lot of players with 50+ cities just simply don't bother or do 8 hr demands because of it taking up 10 mins or more to get through all cities. I'd be happy for the system auto choosing if it has to - better to have it farm than not at all.

DeletedUser54537

You would of course have a choice of choosing all cities and not
you could also just have the choosing all for cities who have the villagers loyalty researched, so there is no 5 minute but 10 minute

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i believe (but not sure) that the argument against last time was that the perks of captain were already a huge advantage, all farms per island at once
and that by adding a feature like "farm all" was too close to botting and would give those that use bots an argument for their legitimacy

however, with the increased price in gold and packages, perhaps this has been rethought
idk

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
i believe (but not sure) that the argument against last time was that the perks of captain were already a huge advantage, all farms per island at once
and that by adding a feature like "farm all" was too close to botting and would give those that use bots an argument for their legitimacy

however, with the increased price in gold and packages, perhaps this has been rethought
idk

I think it would be reasonable to have "farm all" only come up once your account reaches a certain size -- say 30, 40, 50 cities. And if it was an increased premium, I would consider paying it.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
advisors are the last thing to not have an increase in price
perhaps if the farm all is added to captain and something else is added to each other advisor (again at a certain number of cities as RX suggests), this would be a compromise for inno
or even a two-tiered (and cost) advisor system

DeletedUser48257

I second this idea
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif

DeletedUser54537

advisors are the last thing to not have an increase in price
perhaps if the farm all is added to captain and something else is added to each other advisor (again at a certain number of cities as RX suggests), this would be a compromise for inno
or even a two-tiered (and cost) advisor system

I agree,
a two tiered advisor system (but it will be even more pay to win)
something added to each advisor once a certain amount of points/cities is reached

DeletedUser54495

Let's not suggest ways to make us pay more money... there is already plenty of that
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser54886

have a better idea...
Why not have a level 34 research called "Roads" and if you do that, it provides you with a new building at the back of your city, that lets you build a road to each farming village... (costs say 5000 of each resource and 10 gold coins to do) once connected the farming villages automatically provide the 20 min amount of resource to the city every 30 minutes... this means you only have to worry about the cities that have not got to the large size...

DeletedUser54885

I recall having seen the idea of having a Universal farming village button on the US Forum and got no response from Inno. But if you add that it can be an extra option for more gold per month like a "extra premium feature for Commander Inno may listen. Money tends to convince most for profit companies. Or it becomes an option once you hit over 20 cities AND have a premium account.

I think a better idea would be have a lvl 34 academy with a road going to a "brothel". The troops need to improve their morale and it would give them "heightened senses" and create 10% extra BP. Nothing like a brothel to better appreciate your "weapon".

DeletedUser54886

Its not just that - it has to have a game element to it, otherwise what is the point, hence the need to research and build, and you could have it that if you loot the village or the city changes owners the road/s are destroyed and need to be rebuilt... hence some ongoing gold cost as well as convenience for larger premium players...

DeletedUser31385

This idea did not win the last poll and is thus moving to the re-vote discussions section.