Top 12 Top 12

jameslongst

Strategos
I guess I will take a whack at this Top 12 Thing. This is my first post on the forums, but please feel free to bash the hell out of me. So here we go.

1. Sons of Odin #2 Attacking/#7 Defending/#3 Fighting
From what I can see this is a pretty Solid alliance. They have Dominated O45 and will continue to dominate. They took out underdog, albeit Underdog didn’t put up a great fight. Top players from Underdog left and joined SoO. Currently taking on Ancient Ghosts and winning pretty convincingly. The only thing of concern is that they really haven't seen a real fight and haven’t been on the defensive. The question is where do they go next; to O44 and fight Indies, or to the East and face Pandora, or to the south and take on True Fear. Swim:)

2. Pandora #3 Attacking/#3 Defending/#2 Fighting
Ah, my alliance's main enemy. They started off very strong but have slowed down. They took on former members of Thunderbird and made a third branch. Good attacking and Defending BP so they know how to fight. Mainly located in O55, they have expanded into border regions of O55/O54 and to the western parts of O55. Their main concern is the Indies to the north. They have lost a few cities to Indies and have taken a few. However that balance seems to swinging in the favor of Indies as of this moment. Top players from the Pandora family have gone into VM once some cities were taken by Indies. But only time will tell if they can hold off Indies. Don’t know if they have a alliance/NAP with Blue Magic. If they don't they could be fighting a two front War. Float for now :confused:

3. Elpis #13 Attacking/#9 Defending/#12 Fighting
Easily the weakest of the Pandora family. They are former members of Thunderbird and some of the smaller alliances in O54. They are too spread out in O54 with a core in the north and in the southeast. I know they only just formed an alliance and that's why their BP ranks are so bad, but when Indies fought them earlier we kicked their ***. We marched right into their core and took over their Islands. Not the greatest of fighters in this bunch. Soon top players will go to Pandora and Pandora's box and this alliance will dissolve. Sink :(

4. Independent II #1 Attacking/#2 Defending/#1 Fighting
My fellow brothers and sisters in arms. Won't say much about this bunch. They are located in O44/O54/O55 similar to the other Indie "branches". We all are one and only reason we have three "branches" is cause of the alliance cap. Main enemy is Pandora and we seems to be on the winning side. Only concern is some of the outer members, but that can be easily fixed. Great Leadership, communication and overall just a good group of people. Swim :):cool:

5. Pandora's Box #6 Attacking/#4 Defending/#5 Fighting
See number 2 :confused:

6. Blue Magic #5 Attacking/#8 Defending/#7 Fighting
Looks like a solid group of players located primarily in the southwestern part of O54. A small but elite alliance. Much respect to you guys/gals. Don’t know much about what is going on down there, but looks like they are making a core and moving north in O55. Don’t know if they are at war with Pandora or True Fear. They haven't really had a test in expanding but from what I've heard from previous worlds, they know what they are doing. They will definitely be here for the long run. Swim :)

7. Independent #4 Attacking/#5 Defending/# 4 Fighting
See number 4 :):cool:

8. Battle Bears #8 Attacking/#12 Defending/#9 Fighting
They seem to riding on the coattails of their Big Brother. Not the greatest BP ranks, but with SoO they don’t need to be that great. Swim :)

9. Independent III #7 Attacking/#6 Defending/#6 Fighting
Many thought they would fall, but they are still here and kicking ***. See number 4. Swim :):cool:

10. True Fear #9 Attacking/#24 Defending/# 11 Fighting
They started off with the small but elite alliance route, but now seems to have a sister alliance. Mostly located on the border of O45/O46. They have all the space to expand southward, but will run into SoO and Battle Bears in the north. Based off the BP they haven’t really fought anyone, but that is to be expected on the border of the rim/core. Have heard about these guys before so I assume they know what they are doing. Don't know if they will fight Blue Magic but it seems like they will fight SoO. Float/Swim for now :):confused: . Don't really know what their plan is, but hopefully we will soon know in the coming weeks.

11. Repossession Agents #10 Attacking/#32 Defending/#13 Fighting
Another rim alliance primarily located in the northeaster part of O54 and parts of O63/O64. Don’t know much about these guys as they are a fairly new alliance. I guess they are slowly taking over the smaller alliance and then maybe go after the northern part of Elpis? However I don't think they will be a major player in this world. Sink :(

12. Amicis Inimicis Promptus #24 Attacking/#23 Defending/#25 Fighting
Another rim alliance located on the border of O55/56/66. I don’t really have much hope for these guys. Don’t really know them and don’t think I will get to know them. Sink :(

So how did I do? Let me know below. :)

Quite a bit of propaganda cleverly hidden around in there, but overall a very good top 12.

DeletedUser48582

1. Sons of Odin
My own lads mainly based in O45 where the recent war against AG was over before it started :) A good group from top to bottom with high level of activity. SWIM

2. Pandora

Based in O55 and O54 with O55 as their core by the looks of it. Are currently fighting the Indi-group which looks to be a bloody war with to big group on each side plus their NAP with SoO went south last week as well. They still don't have domination over their core ocean as Blue Magic are lurking around in the ocean as well (currently BM is no. 1 in O55 :eek:) which can end up being a dangerous alliance to have in their backyard. A solid group overall and seems to be holding their ground in the core instead of moving towards the rim. FLOAT/SWIM

3. Independent II

One of the three big groups in the server and stats shows they like to fight War Pigs, Smokin Guns, Twillight, Pandora etc. (fighters always have my respect). They are spread in O44, O54 and O55 mainly and it could look like they are claiming O44 as their core which would properly the best pick of the three oceans. Was quite sure that some of the branches would break off early but that don't seem to be the case atm although the server is still young :) Looking fairly good in the Pandora-Indie war and has a solid group of members with lots of experience.SWIM

4. Pandoras Box

See no. 2.

5. Elpis
See no. 2

6. Blue Magic
Only 25 players but a lot of skill in the ranks which you can only respect in these grepo-days with many branches and too much diplomacy. Still needs too see them perform in a top-12 war but they should do fairly good with their amount of experience and increasingly size.SWIM

7. Independent
See no. 2

8. Battle Bears
See no. 1

9. Independent III
See no. 2

10. True Fear
Based on the borders of O45/46 and has a "new" branch as well. A few skirmishes with SoO but will properly clear O46 to create their core. Only placed no. 23 on the deff rankings so not much resistance yet from their competitors in O46.FLOAT

11. Repossession Agents
One of the rim-alliances but looks fairly spread. Still have to prove their worth so its too early to say much of them. SINK

12. Amicis Inimicis Promptus
Same of number 11 very spread out and not close to dominate any ocean. Needs to prove themselves still as points aren't enough to make a strong alliance. SINK

All in all this look to be a good server with many upcoming alliances and not too much diplomacy yet which is only a plus :)

DeletedUser52759

Nice top ten. Not dwelling too much on numbers as opposed to getting a feel of it.

DeletedUser50935

Top 12 (From the view of O66)

#1: Sons of Odin SWIM

Seem to have a really solid core in O45 and have a lot of options, fight TF to the south, Independent to the north/north east and Pandora to the east. Will be interesting to see what they choose to do, could maybe use the war between Pandora and Independent to their advantage, who knows? Only question mark for me is the fact that some members appear to be moving into O35, would be a shame if they chose to shy away from the core.

#2: Independent II SWIM

Core appears to be a little spread out however seem to be holding O44 pretty well for now, also appear to be winning the war against Pandora, will be interesting to see how well organised they can be with 3 alliances, though they are definitely not an MRA. Would like to see them fight SoO but whether that will happen remains to be seen.

#3: Blue Magic SWIM

Good core in the south east of 55, with Pandora having to fight Independent as well these guys could well take advantage, seem like a small elite alliance which could do some serious damage, could also maybe see them move east to fight AIP which would more than likely be an easy victory for them but it would be more interesting to see if they could take hold of 55, it seems to be a three way battle.

#4: Pandoras Box SINK

Seems to me like a classic MRA, already been through a merger and really spread out across 54 and 55. Also appear to be losing ground in the fight against Independent, also Report Converter tells me a lot of their players are inactive (VM?) which indicates to me they are definitely losing the fight, unfortunately I don't think they stand a chance.

#5: Independent

See #2

#6: Pandora
See #4

#7: Battle Bears
See #1

#8: Elphis
See #4

#9: Independent III
See #2

#10: True Fear FLOAT

An interesting one. Seem to have a solid core on 45/46 border. Would love to see them move north and fight SoO but seems like they wont, obviously havent faced much competition yet as only #24 Defenders. Maybe they'll move into 56 towards AIP and Blue Magic, that seems like a more likely choice to me and it'd be interesting to see how they fare, overall evidence inconclusive so i'll have to say float.

#11: Repossession Agents FLOAT/SINK

Hm... A rim alliance, have faced little competition as ranked #27 in defence, but Awakening appear to be moving towards them and I think that will be a real test of their mettle, however I don't think it's a test they'll pass, also may have to deal with Elphis, or what will be left of it, right now I can't say but it looks like a sink to me although they seem to have a fairly good core, so may prove me wrong.

#12: Amicis Imimicis Promptus SINK/FLOAT/SWIM
My biggest threat :( top alliance in O66 however seem fairly spread out with no real core at all, will be interesting to see how they do, despite the lack of core they do seem to be establish in O66 and if they can begin to dominate it, it could serve them well as a core, will be interesting to see how they fare against Pandora and Blue Magic who appear to be the nearest big alliances, but personally I think the only way for them to survive is to establish themselves in O66 and prove themselves from there.

So thats my top 12, feel free to leave comments and criticisms, I'd be really interested to know what people think.

DeletedUser41102

Breaking News !!!

Losing a few cities would be water off a ducks back for me . ZAPHOD is about to discover today that not all cowards are Bullies. Or something like that .

The newly formed T.I.M is honoured that he accepts the premise that failing to strangle TIM and Me at birth will have repercussions.

Neither I nor TIM have it in our DNA to go quietly into the darkness of enslavement

Remember The Alamo and the Rimlords brief and Noble stand against Tyrany . ( terms and condition s apply - only on edefiant gesture per household)

Brief indeed. T.I.M are now an academy for Sons of Odin. The award for quickest alliance fall now goes to you.

DeletedUser54192

@Jamezbeast:

Nice Top 12, obviously put some effort in. However the bits about Pandora and Independent are a little confusing. Both families have 3 alliances, and both are apparently rather spread out, yet one is a classic MRA and apparently has no chance, while the other is given a strong review and is definitely not an MRA? I'm pretty sure that Independent got their third branch before Pandora did, by absorbing the alliance that was started by War Born and Amazon King (I don't remember the name of the alliance), which would mean that they were taking in players quicker than Pandora was. I'm not saying whether or not either side is an MRA, but to give 2 alliances similar comments (3 branches, spread out) and then to make completely different predictions for the two of them seems a little odd so far as I can see.

On a side note, just because the war tips one way or the other doesn't mean it is finished: I can't speak for everyone, but some of the Pandora players have proven themselves to be tough cookies on the last server I played with them, so I'd say that it's far from over for Pandora.

DeletedUser

@Jamezbeast:

Nice Top 12, obviously put some effort in. However the bits about Pandora and Independent are a little confusing. Both families have 3 alliances, and both are apparently rather spread out, yet one is a classic MRA and apparently has no chance, while the other is given a strong review and is definitely not an MRA? I'm pretty sure that Independent got their third branch before Pandora did, by absorbing the alliance that was started by War Born and Amazon King (I don't remember the name of the alliance), which would mean that they were taking in players quicker than Pandora was. I'm not saying whether or not either side is an MRA, but to give 2 alliances similar comments (3 branches, spread out) and then to make completely different predictions for the two of them seems a little odd so far as I can see.

On a side note, just because the war tips one way or the other doesn't mean it is finished: I can't speak for everyone, but some of the Pandora players have proven themselves to be tough cookies on the last server I played with them, so I'd say that it's far from over for Pandora.

Kal it's over for pandora..The ship has already begun to sink Enjoy sinking with it i will enjoy taking your cities

And kal the difference is in the bp :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

Kal it's over for pandora..The ship has already begun to sink Enjoy sinking with it i will enjoy taking your cities
A couple of things:
- As I already said, just because it goes against us for a while doesn't mean it's over. Maybe you have that sort of attitude, but not everyone is as defeatist as you think. I've had an alliance I am in predicted to sink before, and we proved just how resilient we were. The Pandora players that I know from en94 showed rather similar attitudes there, and I see no reason why they won't do so here.
- How exactly were you planning to take my cities when I am in VM?
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser54192

yea half ur alliance ran into vm
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
Did you ever consider the fact that people might go into Vacation Mode for something to do with their real life? I mean, it is now summer for northern hemisphere players, i.e. the most likely time for people to go on holiday. And I'm in VM for RL reasons, not for anything to do with Indies.

DeletedUser

Did you ever consider the fact that people might go into Vacation Mode for something to do with their real life? I mean, it is now summer for northern hemisphere players, i.e. the most likely time for people to go on holiday. And I'm in VM for RL reasons, not for anything to do with Indies.

Oh they all just happen to be after losing a few cities OKAY kal keep making excuses

DeletedUser48582

A couple of things:
- As I already said, just because it goes against us for a while doesn't mean it's over. Maybe you have that sort of attitude, but not everyone is as defeatist as you think. I've had an alliance I am in predicted to sink before, and we proved just how resilient we were. The Pandora players that I know from en94 showed rather similar attitudes there, and I see no reason why they won't do so here.
- How exactly were you planning to take my cities when I am in VM?
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
FYI: The Pandora you know looks to be close to dissolving Kal. The Best branch is now placed as No. 9.

DeletedUser54495

FYI: The Pandora you know looks to be close to dissolving Kal. The Best branch is now placed as No. 9.

That happened very quickly. Where are the players going?

Edit: I would still like to know where the players are going, but if pandora merged their coalition (most of the people left are loyal premade folk) they would still be a top 3 alliance at least, no? Is theircore now infiltrated?

DeletedUser54192

From the questions I have been asking people, a bunch of players defected to form a new alliance called Awakening, who very quickly got some sort of deal with Independent.

Am I allowed to ask whether it's suspicious that a splinter from Independent's main enemy instantly gets a deal with Independent in order to fight us? I mean, if Independent were winning the war as much as people say they were, they wouldn't need to instantly hug anyone who leaves Pandora? It just seems awfully quick diplomacy for what looks like a fairly spontaneous secession.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

From the questions I have been asking people, a bunch of players defected to form a new alliance called Awakening, who very quickly got some sort of deal with Independent.

Am I allowed to ask whether it's suspicious that a splinter from Independent's main enemy instantly gets a deal with Independent in order to fight us? I mean, if Independent were winning the war as much as people say they were, they wouldn't need to instantly hug anyone who leaves Pandora? It just seems awfully quick diplomacy for what looks like a fairly spontaneous secession.

Just to clarify we'd never intentionally do that, that was an effect of internal issues probably caused by the fact pandora was losing lot of cities.

Anyway it seems pandora is officially defeated and although I can be disrespectful at times it's just the competitor in me I love talking S****. But nothing but respect to Pandora an crew it was a hard faught battle

DeletedUser54495

Just to clarify we'd never intentionally do that, that was an effect of internal issues probably caused by the fact pandora was losing lot of cities.

Anyway it seems pandora is officially defeated and although I can be disrespectful at times it's just the competitor in me I love talking S****. But nothing but respect to Pandora an crew it was a hard faught battle

Yeah. They look like they are down for the count. :\

DeletedUser54192

I don't know you personally, nor do I know most of the other the Independent leaders (I don't actually know who is leadership there and who isn't, except for Dave), but I have to say, in my short time in this game, I have seen enough backstabbing, dodgy deals, etc, to not be suspicious at times. And a sudden hostile secession followed by a very quick agreement with Indies is something that I am naturally going to regard with at least a little suspicion at first, even if it eventually turns out not to be like that.

Yep. I can definitely agree on that. Shame that they had to fall as they did, with people running away, but I suppose that's what happens in Grepolis these days.

DeletedUser21418

Just to make it clear, ther was no deal whit Indy before the break, no deal after, and ther will newer be one, Panora was broken for one reson, it was a MRA whit a shitty leadership, 2-3 push at the right time and it went down.

DeletedUser54192

Just to make it clear, ther was no deal whit Indy before the break, no deal after, and ther will newer be one, Panora was broken for one reson, it was a MRA whit a shitty leadership, 2-3 push at the right time and it went down.
As much as I might like you, Kraniet, I have to disagree with you:
- Whether or not there was a deal before (we'll never really know, as if there is one, people won't admit it anyways), I'm sure there is a deal now.
- If it was an MRA with bad leadership, I'd be interested to know why you chose to join it, and were eager to get another person into the alliance quite recently.
- If your new alliance of defectors and runaways is so great, how did you let one single Pandora leader get 3 revolts on one of your beloved new leaders this morning?

The thing is, I know a bunch of their leaders. I've worked with Pacman, Stackattack and Baldy before, in a war that wasn't going our way at times. And yet they kept fighting and leading and got pulled off some great results at times. You know what was different this time, compared to last time? The difference was that a bunch of players decided that loyalty and courage meant nothing to them, and that it would be better to run away as soon as the fight turned against them. Pandora might have been losing the war to Independent, but what broke Pandora was the lack of any sort of loyalty from many of the players that now form Awakening.