GNN Breaking News

• Thread starter DeletedUser54775
  • Start date

DeletedUser54775

Our leadership does not condom the spying and does not encourage this type of actions.
These disgruntled members had volunteered out of their own volition.

GNN reports to the world.

DeletedUser54192

....you do realize how desperate you sound when your main bragging is count in your coalition two alliances that sooner where going to become enemies ...
So, you admit that REPO and HEROES were soon going to become enemies of Thermopylae. Which means you have proven yourself a liar as, just after HEROES dissolved their pact with Thermopylae, you claimed that there was never any plan to turn on them. Now you say they were going to be enemies soon anyways. Congratulations. :)

you guys do not have a concrete tactical achievement (i.e. new islands conquered or relevant cities controlled over a period of a month)
Again, the feeble of excuse that any cities you lost can't have been relevant. Grow up and admit that you lose sometimes.

DeletedUser54192

So, having read the rest of your rubbish, we can come to a few conclusions:
- Thermopylae approves of players betraying their own team. If they didn't approve of such actions, they would inform our leadership of the players who were doing this.
- Given that the operations apparently failed, it is clear that Thermopylae used this information, thereby giving implicit approval of members who betray their teammates.
- FutbolTango is insistent on glorifying his leadership, despite serious flaws in at least two of them. (Jimbobicus is a proven backstabber and even a traitor to his own team, while TheAlgarvian attempted to push HEROES and REPO around while they were pacted with Thermo. Also, having seen TheAlgarvian's leadership first hand on Selymbria, I would say it leaves a lot to be desired: he almost completely neglected his role as defence coordinator for the alliance, and the only time he tried to put any effort into the role was when he was at risk of being replaced.)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Over 80 full nukes ripped apart in a couple of days. Bodies everywhere. Hundreds of victory parades through the alliance. One of the biggest battles in the history of this world, if not the biggest. Enemy forces in disarray. Unable to mount any attack after such sounded defeat.
The numbers do not lie.
Defence points on August 1 (11.202.929)
Defence points on August 9 (12.078.293)
This is close to a million points....it has been a blood bath for the forces of the rim. Seven alliances and they have NOTHING to show....

your numbers li, unless you really believe 700k = 1M
here are pics to prove it

Attachments

• therm this week.jpg
    therm this week.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 7
  • therm def this week.jpg
    therm def this week.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 4

DeletedUser54192

As you may have now discovered, Futbol doesn't like telling the truth. Trash talk is fun, but when one side just keeps smearing lies on the forum and just resorts to "you are irrelevant, we are great" whenever they are proven wrong, it gets dull and irritating. This wouldn't be the first time Futbol has made claims that turned out not to be true, but if I go into more details on the first case that springs to mind, I'll get infracted. If you want to know, I can always tell you in a PM.

DeletedUser54775

As you may have now discovered, Futbol doesn't like telling the truth. Trash talk is fun, but when one side just keeps smearing lies on the forum and just resorts to "you are irrelevant, we are great" whenever they are proven wrong, it gets dull and irritating. This wouldn't be the first time Futbol has made claims that turned out not to be true, but if I go into more details on the first case that springs to mind, I'll get infracted. If you want to know, I can always tell you in a PM.

If what I want I am reporting is not true, you and the others would not be so upset and rushing to try to rebut it. It bothers you because you know that it is based on facts and reality. I must say, a reality that hurts your ego, but what can I do... Write things to please your distorted sense of reality so you do not feel bad.... I do not think so.

As for the leakers, they have done it in a clearly manner. They have done it through third party, so we do not know who is sending the information.
The info shows up from time to time from different sources. I will give you a hint.

Island 61657

Even when we block them, then the info is sent from another new player.

What do you want me to do? Do not stack the city when the CS is landing?

"....on 2017-08-04 at 12:12
Cs land time is: 15:18:04
o36.SE1"

As you can see, I have gotten the award of "defender of the day" many times. Sometimes two days in a row. The information of Your clever leaker has helped me a couple of times.

Quite a few people in your coalition are royally pissed at your leadership.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
futbol, i haven't said anything other than you lied about stats and proved it

maybe if you were truthful more often, ppl would believe what you are selling
if you want your accomplishments (and those of your alliance) to mean anything, stop parading fake news everywhere and be the fighters you claim to be

DeletedUser54192

If what I want I am reporting is not true, you and the others would not be so upset and rushing to try to rebut it.
Actually, I would, as anyone who knows me would agree.

Write things to please your distorted sense of reality so you do not feel bad.... I do not think so.

Coming from you, this is hilarious. Your entire PnP campaign on this server has involved plastering lies, false accusations, and biased stats on these forums, to glorify yourself and your alliance. You showed us stats: they were false. You claimed that Virdian's MMs about Jimbobicus to your alliance were based on fantasies, we found proof that Jimbobicus was doing exactly what Virdian said he was (proof which you must have seen, in order for you to use the quotations in the same message trail). You accuse us of tyranny, after your leadership spent months trying to boss HEROES and REPO around as if they were your subjects.

As for the leakers, they have done it in a clearly manner. They have done it through third party, so we do not know who is sending the information.

The info shows up from time to time from different sources. I will give you a hint.

And yet not once has Thermopylae leadership contacted us to say that we have someone leaking our OP plans. If they didn't approve of treachery and deceit, they would tell us that someone is doing that. Yet they haven't, and are using that information. Therefore they are implicitly approving of it.

What do you want me to do? Do not stack the city when the CS is landing?
I'd like you not to be using information that is obtained in a way that is dishonourable and deceitful, while claiming that you are righteous and honest.

As you can see, I have gotten the award of "defender of the day" many times. Sometimes two days in a row. The information of Your clever leaker has helped me a couple of times.
Thank you for that. You have just revealed that some of the awards that you brag about getting, are only achieved because you actively use leaked information, which you claim not to approve of. That just makes your fighter ranking all the more pitiful for someone of your points ranking.

DeletedUser54775

futbol, i haven't said anything other than you lied about stats and proved it

maybe if you were truthful more often, ppl would believe what you are selling
if you want your accomplishments (and those of your alliance) to mean anything, stop parading fake news everywhere and be the fighters you claim to be

You might want to think that you proved it, but you have not. You can check my profile, and you will see the consecutive awards of "defender of the day". On those two days your nukes rained on the supported city like there was no tomorrow. I do not know if the sources that you are using are accurate or might be delayed, but I certainly got the biggest defence boost ever.

Thank you very much. Please do it again.

DeletedUser54775

Kal,

The leaders of the coalition of the rim and you should take responsibility for the problems that you, yourselves, have created. Why do you want that we bail you from the mess that you created internally?

You guys have pissed people in your coalition to the point that they are willing to betray you and even take the task to cover their traces. These people must be really upset.

My sympathy to you guys. I must suck to prepare operations, so your own peers sabotage it and help with the sunk of your CS and nukes.
It also must be hard for you guys to be doing things that are wrong and not realizing that they are wrong and are alienating people and encouraging them to betray you.

The question that begs itself.

Who are those people?

What have you done so they are willing to betray you this badly?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
You might want to think that you proved it, but you have not. You can check my profile, and you will see the consecutive awards of "defender of the day". On those two days your nukes rained on the supported city like there was no tomorrow. I do not know if the sources that you are using are accurate or might be delayed, but I certainly got the biggest defence boost ever.

Thank you very much. Please do it again.
i posted a whole week of stats from grepointel
it shows the source in the pic just so you can't claim it's made up
even if today was delayed, you are fooling only yourself about the rest

and, i hate to break it to you, sweetie, since you obviously aren't paying attention, those weren't "my nukes"
i'm not on this server so talking trash about "my" performance is meaningless, more propaganda, and just shows you don't have a clue

great, you got dbp, still doesn't answer the fact that you lied
i tried to help you make your case better for you and your alliance
but you are a brick wall and and the only thing they are good for is bouncing a ball against

DeletedUser54775

i posted a whole week of stats from grepointel
it shows the source in the pic just so you can't claim it's made up
even if today was delayed, you are fooling only yourself about the rest

and, i hate to break it to you, sweetie, since you obviously aren't paying attention, those weren't "my nukes"
i'm not on this server so talking trash about "my" performance is meaningless, more propaganda, and just shows you don't have a clue

great, you got dbp, still doesn't answer the fact that you lied
i tried to help you make your case better for you and your alliance
but you are a brick wall and and the only thing they are good for is bouncing a ball against
darling...what do you want me to do? You have a set of numbers. I have a different set of numbers (given by modscripts), the two consecutive awards given by the server, and the reports. I really can not understand why you refuse to believe that nukes were destroyed on those days, other than wishful thinking.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
things may have been destroyed
were they nukes? we don't know because you haven't posted reports... not saying they weren't but who really knows
and i repeat, i never questioned you being in a battle, just said i wasn't involved
you are being swfully defensive about things
i only said your numbers and your math were wrong
i showed the source of my numbers so there was no question about authenticity
even when you posted your numbers (from modscripts you say), you claimed 1M points when obviously that was pretty generous round up (by YOUR posted numbers)

i could care less about your award so stop shoving it in everyone's face
i have plenty of my own so who cares

again, all you want is to promote your agenda, truth be damned
and since i don't care about crap, i won't be reading your posts any longer

DeletedUser54192

The leaders of the coalition of the rim and you should take responsibility for the problems that you, yourselves, have created. Why do you want that we bail you from the mess that you created internally?

I don't ask you to bail us out of anything. I ask for Thermopylae to, for once, show that they can act honourably. Or is that too much for you? Perhaps you'd rather keep getting hold of that information so that you can get undeserved rewards.

You guys have pissed people in your coalition to the point that they are willing to betray you and even take the task to cover their traces. These people must be really upset.

Or it's just the same as every other server in this game, in that there are always people who prefer to sell out or cause issues for their teammates for whatever reason (sometimes even just for the thrill of doing it).

My sympathy to you guys. I must suck to prepare operations, so your own peers sabotage it and help with the sunk of your CS and nukes.

I think your sympathies should go to you, as you have revealed to us that many of your supposed great victories were obtained through information from deceitful players, rather than through any actual skill or strategy. :)

It also must be hard for you guys to be doing things that are wrong and not realizing that they are wrong and are alienating people and encouraging them to betray you.

Unfortunately, we aren't doing anything wrong. As I have said earlier in this post, there are always people who get a kick out of betraying their supposed teammates.

Who are those people?
If you had any sense of honour, you'd tell us yourself.

@Rachel.L: This guy just won't give in. It doesn't matter how many times you point out facts that contradict his claims, he either calls you "fake news", goes back to his mantra of "we are great, you are irrelevant", or changes the topic and goes on a personal attack.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
kal, met one or two of these before
tried point out where he could help himself
but some ppl are just too great for us lowly players
you and i agree that his attitude won't change
that's why i won't bother again

DeletedUser54775

"Unfortunately, we aren't doing anything wrong. As I have said earlier in this post, there are always people who get a kick out of betraying their supposed teammates."

This is really tragic. You might want to keep deceiving yourself. People are not participating or sabotaging your leaders because they are not liked.

"If you had any sense of honour, you'd tell us yourself."

I do not know. They have taken the precautions to make sure that they are not identified as they hide via small players or players without affiliation.

In any case, even if I would know them, I would not given them away.

I know that our leadership has the same position than you. They do not like spionage and information gathering. I do respect their decision and follow orders, but I do not personally agree.

For me spionage, source gathering are all fair game. As I have stated before, the USA would not have achieved independence, would not have defeated the Germans and Japanese, or won the Cold War without the pivotal role of spies and information gatherers. Even, God tell us in the Bible that espionage is something to be approved, encouraged, and sanctified. Blessed are those who spy and provide information for a good cause.

I do understand that many do not agree with this view, but I do agree with Washington, Truman, Reagan, and God.

DeletedUser54192

This is really tragic. You might want to keep deceiving yourself. People are not participating or sabotaging your leaders because they are not liked.
You really won't listen, will you? On every server there are people willing to betray their teammates for whatever reason. And if someone has an issue with their leadership, the right thing to do is come and talk to someone in leadership about what the issue is, and how it can best be solved. If they are choosing to turn traitor instead, that is entirely their fault.

I do not know. They have taken the precautions to make sure that they are not identified as they hide via small players or players without affiliation.

Is this the same as how you "knew that Virdian was lying", despite having proof that he was telling the truth?

In any case, even if I would know them, I would not given them away.

And that says all we need to know about you in this case: you will happily take dishonourable advantages in order to gain your precious rewards. At least we all finally know how you are getting those achievements, and it's not through skill.

I know that our leadership has the same position than you. They do not like spionage and information gathering. I do respect their decision and follow orders, but I do not personally agree.
Then perhaps Thermo leadership isn't quite so dishonourable as I thought. (It does not, however, change my opinion of individual characters like Al and the now-demoted Jim).

For me spionage, source gathering are all fair game. As I have stated before, the USA would not have achieved independence, would not have defeated the Germans and Japanese, or won the Cold War without the pivotal role of spies and information gatherers. Even, God tell us in the Bible that espionage is something to be approved, encouraged, and sanctified. Blessed are those who spy and provide information for a good cause.

I do understand that many do not agree with this view, but I do agree with Washington, Truman, Reagan, and God.
I think everyone would appreciate if you kept religion out of this, Futbol. We play this game to escape from real life, and dragging religion into arguments to try and prove your point is clearly inappropriate.

DeletedUser54775

I am listening. It is you the one that you are not and not willing to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

1) A good leader does not blame the traitor. A good leader understands that treason comes from the shortcomings of leadership. It really does not surprise that people are betraying your guys. It is the logical outcome.

2) I really do not know who are the ones who are betraying you. They are doing this quite well. I must admit. If I would know, I would not tell you.

3) About 1% of the defensive battle points that I have come from people in your camp leaking information. As my leadership directive, I do not actively seek it or encourage it. Thermo leadership and particularly Jim had the same values that you have. We exchanged opinions very respectfully several times on this issue. They are never dictators or autocratic. This is what I like about them and why I think that they are great leaders.

4) I do deeply hold religious values. I do read the Bible for guidance in my every day life including this game. I am just communicating to you in this discussion the way I think and act. I am not trying to prove a point. I simply articulating to you how I see and play the game, and religious thoughts play a strong role. By the way, when are you going to attack "Virgen del Carmen" or "Santa Lucia"? About half of my city names honour religion, and in case you fail to realize Grepolis has a strongly religious component.

DeletedUser54775

GNN (Grepolis News Network)
Moving Truth Forward

Welcome to Mesembria's Most Read and Most Trusted News Network.​
We have news of heavy fighting in the southern border around oceans 55 and 65. Thermopylae continues with the liberation of towns that were under the rule of Atlantis Imperials and Carpe Diem. One of the 'unsung heroes' of this world is commander Zenopolos, who constantly defeats the enemy forces with ingenuity and wit.

The forces that reside in the darkness of the rim have put a bounty on his head, but he always escapes their traps. A true nightmare for anyone who has to defend against him or wishes to capture this brave commander.

GNN has also heard rumours of an internal which hunt and purges among the forces of the rim as they are desperately trying to capture those who have betrayed them, but the story is developing a twist. High ranking officers from the coalition of the rim might be involved in this as a plan to confuse and distract the leading alliance in this world. A very interesting story with lot of rumours, betrayal and deception that is characteristic from the alliances of the periphery.

DeletedUser54192

I am listening. It is you the one that you are not and not willing to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.
You blatantly ignore or avoid facts that you are given, if they don't agree with your smear campaigns or self-glorification. I'll take responsibility for an issue if it is presented to me honestly and there is no way that I can solve it. If someone chooses to become a traitor rather than deal with any issues morally, then that is no longer my responsibility.

1) A good leader does not blame the traitor. A good leader understands that treason comes from the shortcomings of leadership. It really does not surprise that people are betraying your guys. It is the logical outcome.

Actually, a good leader does blame traitors if they chose treachery over a reasonable solution, such as raising their issues with the leaders to get them sorted honestly. And once more, you resort to it being "logical" to show a complete lack of moral integrity. Is that your excuse for Jim's actions this server? That it was logical for him to try and make a pact with his enemies to betray his allies (a rather stupid idea unless you know that your enemy is as morally corrupt as you are), or that it was logical to offer information his enemies?

2) I really do not know who are the ones who are betraying you. They are doing this quite well. I must admit. If I would know, I would not tell you.
So you admit that you would rather play this game with deceit and treachery than play honourably. So much for all your claims about Thermopylae being the forces of light and good.

3) About 1% of the defensive battle points that I have come from people in your camp leaking information. As my leadership directive, I do not actively seek it or encourage it. Thermo leadership and particularly Jim had the same values that you have. We exchanged opinions very respectfully several times on this issue. They are never dictators or autocratic. This is what I like about them and why I think that they are great leaders.

You really can't keep your lies consistent, can you? First you say that the information from leakers has helped you to gain some of your Defender of the Day awards. Next you call it insignificant.

Furthermore, TheAlgarvian might not be a dictator in his own alliance (although perhaps that's because he doesn't do much until his authority is threatened, just as on Selymbria), he attempted to be a dictator to your pacts. As such, he is still a dictator. And I highly doubt Jim shares my values - if he did, he wouldn't have betrayed ITM while in The Exiles, nor would he have betrayed his Thermopylae teammates by offering information to the enemy.

4) I do deeply hold religious values. I do read the Bible for guidance in my every day life including this game. I am just communicating to you in this discussion the way I think and act. I am not trying to prove a point. I simply articulating to you how I see and play the game, and religious thoughts play a strong role.
You attempted to use the Bible to justify acting immorally in the game. If religion affects your personal experience of the game, then I'm not going to stop that. But it does not entitle you to use religion as a tool in an argument, or attempt to force a religious justification for immoral in-game acts on other players.

By the way, when are you going to attack "Virgen del Carmen" or "Santa Lucia"? About half of my city names honour religion, and in case you fail to realize Grepolis has a strongly religious component.
If you want to name your city names in ways to do with religion, I am not going to stop you, nor will it provoke me to attack you. In the same way, I'd hope that you are fine with my city names so long as they are not breaching the game rules. However having religious city names, and using religion in an argument to try and force on us the opinion that spying is acceptable, are two very different matters.

Additionally, the game is based upon Greek mythology/religion. If we were to take references from that and apply it to spying, we would come to a very different conclusion. Treachery is often punished in Greek mythology. Perhaps it is fitting to mention Jason and Medea, given that Medea is our new hero (however mythologically inappropriate her bonus is). Medea helped Jason overcome a specific obstacle. She killed her own brother in order to help Jason escape. Jason dumped Medea later on, to marry someone else. Medea killed Jason's new wife, and fled after killing her own children. You could argue that they were both punished for their treachery and immoral actions. Medea was punished for killing her brother by losing Jason's affection, and she was punished for killing his wife by having to kill her own children and flee. Jason was punished for abandoning Medea by having his new wife murdered. So we can see that Greek mythology definitely doesn't approve of treachery.