Best Team Ever Assembled?

DeletedUser41523

So we're 102 worlds and almost eight years into this game. I'm curious, what does everyone thing was the best team that was ever assembled on a world for revolt and conquest?

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
EN for most fast paced revolt worlds..
Syndicate for most slower paced revolt worlds.

For conquest worlds, im not that sure who might that be cause they change alliances and start new ones quite often..

DeletedUser41523

I'd say one of the Venoms for Conq. You're def right on fast. But who would win in a head to head? :D

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I'd say one of the Venoms for Conq. You're def right on fast. But who would win in a head to head? :D

Syndicate relies too much on world being slow and their heavy golders building shiny 10k cities and founding and insta building colonies to 5-8k pts within first days, while other people struggle to have 4k cities when BP ends, so Syndicate dominates in lower speed worlds, in speed 3 or 4 revolt, i would say Syndicate would not be able to do much against such machine as EN of course lead by their original leaders..

MissusR

Phrourach
I have given this some thought over the course of today and I think PermanentBan under Socrates was the best for Conquest on the worlds we have played. Sadly they went downhill fast after he "retired". A close 2nd is Krypteia under Diana.

DeletedUser22115

In Revolt EN is at the top. As far as conquest Daizan's crews are usually a formidable foe.

DeletedUser39822

Syndicate relies too much on world being slow and their heavy golders building shiny 10k cities and founding and insta building colonies to 5-8k pts within first days, while other people struggle to have 4k cities when BP ends, so Syndicate dominates in lower speed worlds, in speed 3 or 4 revolt, i would say Syndicate would not be able to do much against such machine as EN of course lead by their original leaders..

The last world that The Syndicate played in was Emporion and we dominated from day one......around 80 players against the entire server. There was only one player that had a 10k city coming out of BP for TS with the majority averaging around 3-4k. No more gold was being thrown around by TS than the top 10 players from each of the other alliances. We do play slow because there is more strategy in a slower paced world....the whole it's a marathon and not a sprint concept, but we have also always said we would move up in speed with the right teams in place to challenge us.

DeletedUser41523

I'd say move up. If only for a world to shake the whole slow speed joke.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
The last world that The Syndicate played in was Emporion and we dominated from day one......around 80 players against the entire server. There was only one player that had a 10k city coming out of BP for TS with the majority averaging around 3-4k. No more gold was being thrown around by TS than the top 10 players from each of the other alliances. We do play slow because there is more strategy in a slower paced world....the whole it's a marathon and not a sprint concept, but we have also always said we would move up in speed with the right teams in place to challenge us.

I am not aware of "more strategy" part in slower paced worlds, because i play speed 3 or 4 only.
While you were getting ready to play higher speed worlds, elite revolt premades are slowly stopping to exist, EN most probably wont be assembled again..
Besides i thought you guys realized after 3-4 worlds won that no speed 1 revolt team can challenge yo your crew.. speed 2 is more less the same in my opinion.. a lot more teams in general are formed for faster paced worlds..

DeletedUser39822

I am not aware of "more strategy" part in slower paced worlds, because i play speed 3 or 4 only.
While you were getting ready to play higher speed worlds, elite revolt premades are slowly stopping to exist, EN most probably wont be assembled again..
Besides i thought you guys realized after 3-4 worlds won that no speed 1 revolt team can challenge yo your crew.. speed 2 is more less the same in my opinion.. a lot more teams in general are formed for faster paced worlds..

Granted it is a matter of opinion and the new insta buy everything has changed the parameters but on the slower paced worlds you really had to be smart with your units or suffer long and tedious rebuilds which meant maybe one op a month.

DeletedUser41523

I think Speed 2 is a big step up from speed 1. The talent gap from what I experienced on Delo (1) and what I got on Pella/Ithica (2's) was night and day.

DeletedUser39822

I don't think it is an indicator of ability as much as it is an indicator of life preferences..........I just played a speed 4 world and did just fine but you probably will not see me there again as it interfered too much with RL. Most of the core players in TS are of the same mindset and are professionals in RL with families and we like this game to be an escape and not a job.

DeletedUser52289

Fast speed versus slow speed is like checkers versus chess.

Fast world you send and screw up and rebuild in days or hours.

Slow worlds you send and screw up and you rebuild for days if not weeks.

In slower worlds, you have to be a lot smarter and more strategic instead of send and attack like a headless chicken unless you like to rebuild for weeks do nothing.

DeletedUser41523

I get that. I've played slower worlds. My favorite setting is 2 speed. The thing people overlook is that in a fast paced world, you trade strategic rationing of troops for strategically picking your battles. You end up at a point where you're always under attack and need to catch people off guard. Because if you just go in guns blazing, even with superior firepower, you're going to come up short.

DeletedUser41523

I'd agree there, NmE did great early on and did it across multiple worlds at once. Whatever happened to them?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Most of them left the game but I'm sure some of them are still about sending people to the rim. NmE was like 5-6 years ago and there aren't many players around from then let alone players from specific alliances.

DeletedUser41523

True. Speaking of old alliances Alliance X should get some consideration.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Before or after their merger in the second half of the age of that world. Before it they were super dominant, after it they were just regular dominant. They controlled like 4 oceans by themselves, it was kind of insane to look at them on a map.