Player's Council Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
@Phidippidies, thank you for a thorough note on your process and progress
i wish you luck with continued work and hope all of us help rather than hinder
understand the voting process may need to be altered... has anyone thought to ask the community if/ how they voted?
perhaps the 5 of you really were the top choices, not just the top of the ballot (leaving out the guy that was replaced)
don't know unless you ask

DeletedUser41523

@Baudin Toolan & @figtree2 It might be a good idea for to edit the ideas in bold into the main post so they're not lost in the clutter.

Also I've thought of two possible solutions for better voting on council.

1) Apply my update vote idea to council votes as well. So make it forum based and make an announcement about it.

2) Alternatively seed the players in the final poll based on popularity. In order to do this, host a primary poll on the forums. The most popular secure the top spots and the least secure the bottom spots.

maxilex

Phrourach
ok..erm..ignoring all that - can I raise something for the council members to consider raising with GREPO game designers please...

problem statement: I am sick of this game..

Why - well it is the actual play experience. I am seriously addicted, obviously, and spend a fortune - that is no secret. But the interface - this browser nightmare, lacking any useful features at all is slowly driving me insane.
You cant play the game effectively with just the browser, you have to have the plug ins, to have effective trade, useful reports, to be able to do anything functional - and then the browser cant cope. I have tried them all - IE[blurgh], MS Edge[blurgh], firefox, pale moon, chrome, opera, vivaldi and I am sure some more I have forgotten - oh yeah, safari. I just updated to an SSD - no better..I dont know what else I can add to this machine to make it better - so it is time to look at the software.

Is that really the best you can offer?

Imagine Nintendo offering a game for Xbox that lagged and dragged and slugged through treacle like this does..would you buy it???

well - I am done - sinope finishes in 25 days, I'm playing Tegea as the 100th world, but I am not starting any more and will not play again unless something is done to improve my gaming experience.

I want faster trade - faster farming, to be able to deal with 100 incoming attacks without the whole thing falling over [as that is now the predominent alliance tactic] - what is the point of dealing with morale when a team can send 100 attacks and render a payer useless?

A forum that easier to use, a means to sort and store reports and mails that is searchable.

I am prepared to pay for these luxuries.

I am not prepared to carry on as is, shutting my browser down every 20 minutes because it has lagged to the point of uselessness. The festival screen is the worst - yes I use the very useful add on - and because of that [let me time this..] it takes 33 seconds to put on a round of city festivals. Then, I have to close that screen, reload the page and start over, because that page just kills it. And of course on the app - you cant even do a round of festivals. just one at a time..

If there isn't good news by the time Tegea is winding up, the the CEO of Inno can probably kiss that yacht I bought him goodbye.

DeletedUser22468

I keep editing this down, so hopefully it no longer seems as heated as it was when I started writing it. I'd really love to see a list of people's suggested rl problems with the game, as opposed to a whole bunch of insider talk and opinions. I rarely waste my time on forums because it seems specifically developed for the insiders, and figured the council was going to turn into that mess too. But if you want it to work, then let's line item problems for council discussion.

For instance, do something about spam. Nearly everybody on every server has some definition of what spam is and either thinks it's a valid fighting tool, or thinks it's horrendously heinous to the human existence. Define it, define what's acceptable (and/or what's not), and define action responses to it.

Is there any way for an alliance leader to suss out a multi-accounter? Nothing tears apart an alliance more than to get into a wonders period and get these surprise bans. Why not tell a founder they have an issue with a player and let them deal with it before the ban appears?

How about getting rid of the banners at the top of the page that get in the way continuously, forcing you to click on them to disappear then click on the window/item you want, etc.? For anyone who doesn't think the amount of clicks are important, then please have someone spam you with 100 different single-sword attacks to oh, say, 10 of your cities, and see if that time wasted counts?

A different tack on the time issue .... After a couple years of playing this game, many players become familiar with each other, and with reading various intel sites, and absolutely know when another player is sleeping or at work, etc. There is no mechanism for daily relief from the heavy onslaught of play, especially now during world wonders, where you can't even invoke a reasonable vacation period. I mean, a player can't even take a friggin shower during that time, let alone sleep. How about carpal tunnel? Physical exhaustion? It seems to me that there ought to be a way to invoke a 30 minute meal period or some such for at least a couple of times a day. Never mind what spam does to the emotional wellbeing of the recipient (guess which side I came down on that question) which can be a borderline case of abuse. You'd have healthier (money-paying) players if some of these issues were addressed.

And please oh please oh please -- fix the mobile experience. It's just SO SO crazy that you can't post a conquest report without putting your entire life on hold to try to navigate through the browser experience and pray like crazy that THIS time, you'll be able to get to the right window to get the report published and then copied.

So many things to say, so little time. I know GS and Wilsh have heard much of this already, but hopefully these topics remind everyone what the players are hoping comes out of this process. Some voice on how it is we spend our time and on what we spend our money.

maxilex

Phrourach
For instance, do something about spam. Nearly everybody on every server has some definition of what spam is and either thinks it's a valid fighting tool, or thinks it's horrendously heinous to the human existence. Define it, define what's acceptable (and/or what's not), and define action responses to it.

How about getting rid of the banners at the top of the page that get in the way continuously, forcing you to click on them to disappear then click on the window/item you want, etc.? For anyone who doesn't think the amount of clicks are important, then please have someone spam you with 100 different single-sword attacks to oh, say, 10 of your cities, and see if that time wasted counts?

A different tack on the time issue .... After a couple years of playing this game, many players become familiar with each other, and with reading various intel sites, and absolutely know when another player is sleeping or at work, etc. There is no mechanism for daily relief from the heavy onslaught of play, especially now during world wonders, where you can't even invoke a reasonable vacation period. I mean, a player can't even take a friggin shower during that time, let alone sleep. How about carpal tunnel? Physical exhaustion? It seems to me that there ought to be a way to invoke a 30 minute meal period or some such for at least a couple of times a day. Never mind what spam does to the emotional wellbeing of the recipient (guess which side I came down on that question) which can be a borderline case of abuse. You'd have healthier (money-paying) players if some of these issues were addressed.

And please oh please oh please -- fix the mobile experience. It's just SO SO crazy that you can't post a conquest report without putting your entire life on hold to try to navigate through the browser experience and pray like crazy that THIS time, you'll be able to get to the right window to get the report published and then copied.

Spam - yes, it is an insidious tool, and not everyone has the moral decency not to use it that you might expect.

The banners - dear God yes, - why oh why did we ever need those...sometimes i feel it is an experiment to see just how much torture we can bear before we go postal..

A short break - yes this has potential. The VM mode I understand has to be set up to avoid abuse, ie you could send a CS then set a break and no one can attack it. well - grepo can fix that stuff, look what they did with WW cities. I recently had to go for a hospital visit, no phones- for probably a morning..so I'm faced with, do I set VM and have to go through 48 hours of lost game play, careful management and tension wondering if enemies will find it and stick a CS in last minute..for a few hours of peace, then I cant log in for 24 hours - and when I do, face the onslaught of checks to make sure I really came back..or risk it [especially in a speed 6 world]

So - how hard would it be, and what rules would it contravene - and how would it be unfair for me to stick on a few hours break, on the condition that: there were currently no incoming attacks - and any CS's I had in play would return home.
I have had players in car accidents, and in ambulances desperately trying to get VM on and manage it. I appreciate that it is an even playing field - and the idea is that alliance mates look after that situation for you - and that is the purpose of an alliance, but that doesn't stop me feeling it goes too far.

Agree - the mobile experience is unnecessarily difficult, I'm sure - from not being able to navigate cities easily, to running festivals, to posting a simple CQ report. I'm told having the advisors actually makes mobile game play less easy - which is bonkers!!

DeletedUser46395

Good stuff, guys, this is really the sort of thing I think the council is for. Not asking for speed 3 conquest worlds, or even dealing with individual ideas, but looking at the major issues with the game.

DeletedUser48212

I'm beginning to think we need a Council Trash Talk thread. ;)
No not really. Discussions can get heated but to be super nice like inno asks us is not in humans nature. That is why you go to the church and drink tea in a circle.

The most important thing right now is that there are only morale worlds out. Inno does not give us a choice of a morale or non morale world in conquest. Not everyone likes morale and as such we ask that we are given a choice in this matter. Grepolis got big and popular becauseit did choice of morale or non morale, conquest or revolt, different world speeds etc etc. Even WOW gets "new" Classic servers. We had a anniversary world that inno made this year. We want a choice in this matter too as players and not have it forced upon us.

DeletedUser

There is huge bundle of changes in research planned... are you gathering feedback anywhere? If not, why?

DeletedUser41523

1) What was the original plan to stop spam? Like what would you want to see?

2) If this is the interested of the players and they're not interested in it then what's the point of the council? To sit and look pretty?

3) So same as 2013 then.

4) Sweet. Big app improvement at least.

DeletedUser46395

2) If this is the interested of the players and they're not interested in it then what's the point of the council? To sit and look pretty?

Well we're very good at that, but there are other issues with the game than just this one. Have to say it's disappointing that Inno won't listen to the voice of their customers, though, particularly as relates to major issues rather than individual cases.

DeletedUser

@The Smilodon Fatalis: At the second point, it's quite understandable that this isn't task of the GPC. Simply, the game's back-stage isn't so monotous as you maybe think. There're many points of view which have to be considered in detail. And I can say player isn't able to do that because of lacking experience. You don't know the dark side of the community, respectively players' behavior or you probably can't consider technical obstacles or other things which could be illogical after any change in the system being implemented.

I'm sure if that discussion is started by the community teams, then the company will discuss it as well.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
2) Moderation
Inno informed us that it is not the task of the council to come up with / push any ideas as it pertains to punishments and overall moderation.

that's fine
but since this is a major problem on many servers/ platforms/ languages, please pass the word to them that if the council is not allowed to pass on ideas and fixes, then inno themselves better get off their collective a#$%^ and do something

Rachel.L

Phrourach
I understand
just venting a bit of frustration and not at you
my point is that inno should get that this is an issue and the fact that so many of us here (and other servers) have mentioned similar problems will hopefully wake them up

DeletedUser

I don't think it's constructive to talk about something (and internal things like a game moderation or punishments are that example) where you really don't know how it exactly works. Yep, of course, there are issues but I don't believe you can correctly analyze them. It's out of your range let's say.
And last but not least, it can be quite a hot topic to discuss it with regular players.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
@ThasossCZ, part of the point is that some mods play favs and b/c punishments are not written down for all to see, they can be applied as they choose (or not at all)
they provide a "guideline" but not what really happens
really sucks when you send evidence of cheating (or report bad behavior) and then get a response from a mod who is a friend of the perpetrator
this is one reason many ppl are leaving
yes, I understand gpc is not allowed to address it
i'm saying the community needs to tell inno to do something

DeletedUser46395

I don't think it's constructive to talk about something (and internal things like a game moderation or punishments are that example) where you really don't know how it exactly works. Yep, of course, there are issues but I don't believe you can correctly analyze them. It's out of your range let's say.
And last but not least, it can be quite a hot topic to discuss it with regular players.

What I wanted to see was for the Inner Council (subject to an NDA) to be told exactly how it works, what bot detection methods were in place, and what punishments were applied and so on; then there would be some transparency to representatives of the players that things were being done fairly and equally, without giving information to those who choose to use bots, and without undermining mods. At least then we could all have more confidence in the system, so long as the Inner Council members reported back that they were happy.

DeletedUser

@Rachel.L Firstly, an in-game mod isn't allowed to play a world which he maintains. Secondly, if he's mate of that perpetrator from another world, you can ask to reassign your report to another in-game mod. CoMa should be able to accept your request without speaking. If not, then something is wrong. Thirdly, I banned hundreds (maybe more than 1k) players in the past. Several dozens of them were my good co-players from older worlds, of course. However, I didn't take this into account. Did they break the rules? Yes, they did. They could repeat "Hey, you know me! You know that I'm innocent!" but this wasn't helpful as you can't use as an evidence some... crap. You can use only info which you can find in game tools as well. It's difficult and I'm not going to share detailed info with anybody but... you should trust in first and don't be offensive unless you're sure that member breaks internal rules in any way.

Why there is no list of banned players? There is some privacy... that's why.

@Bearissimus I think you understand that Inno can't provide such kind of information.

DeletedUser46395

@Bearissimus I think you understand that Inno can't provide such kind of information.

Well no, I don't understand at all that they can't provide such information to people who have signed an NDA. (Non Disclosure Agreement). Could you explain, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.