Losing the Beginner's protection after attack

DeletedUser

In the update 2.152, there will be probably released a change in the Beginner's protection system.

Currently, a player doesn't lose the Beginner's protection when he attacks or spies other cities.
After change, this behavior will be reverted - a player will lose his protection when:
  • attacking city of any player
  • spying city of any player
  • casting a negative spell on city of any player
  • trying to conquer/siege a ghost city
Other actions stay unaffected.

When perfoming an action which leads to losing the protection, a player will get this confirmation prompt:
begprotect.png

In my opinion, it's a great change. Sometimes, a hardcore gold player could log into a new world few days later and rush all players on his island without facing any potential counter-attacks. This will be removed now.

However, I'm afraid that newbies will lose their protection unwisely (no thinking, just *click* *click*). The warning text just warns. But it should discourage players from attacking (or losing the protection itself better said) imo.

DeletedUser

An important thought by player Mim le Fay from the Beta forum which I did not realize before.
I started a few weeks ago on a new world on DE. I remember that there is one beginner quest, to attack someone. This beginner quest is very early, it could be that it appear on the second day.

Should this task appear much more later to avoid any misunderstandings? For example, it could happen after loosing beginner protection.

DeletedUser41523

I actually am not sure that's how it worked in 1.26. But its been 6-7 years so I can't remember everything right? Haha

DeletedUser22115

In the update 2.152, there will be probably released a change in the Beginner's protection system.

Currently, a player doesn't lose the Beginner's protection when he attacks or spies other cities.
After change, this behavior will be reverted - a player will lose his protection when:
  • attacking city of any player
  • spying city of any player
  • casting a negative spell on city of any player
  • trying to conquer/siege a ghost city
Other actions stay unaffected.

When perfoming an action which leads to losing the protection, a player will get this confirmation prompt:
View attachment 12381

In my opinion, it's a great change. Sometimes, a hardcore gold player could log into a new world few days later and rush all players on his island without facing any potential counter-attacks. This will be removed now.

However, I'm afraid that newbies will lose their protection unwisely (no thinking, just *click* *click*). The warning text just warns. But it should discourage players from attacking (or losing the protection itself better said) imo.

@ThasossCZ Do you have a suggestion as to what could be done other than displaying a warning message? Personally I think the warning message is sufficient enough, it is of the players own accord as to whether they want/or don't read the message to leave BP.

DeletedUser

I mean only the text, not that confirmation prompt itself.