Where are my soldiers?

DeletedUser55327

I sent 80 soldiers to accompany on an island quest. I got busy off-line and when I came back the soldiers were gone. No attack report. I am under newbie protection and this was a majority of my troops. Is there a way to get them back?

DeletedUser55327

Hi,
I used most of my soldiers to raid a nearby (on the same island as me) ghost town for supplies. the report said that non of them were killed. but they never returned home! the population did not decrease, yet these soldiers used did not make it back. are they lost somewhere?
They showed back up after an hour

DeletedUser31385

Your soldiers do not attack when accompanying on a quest. If you are simply dispatching units for an island quest, they will return once they complete it. In your case, the travel time was around 30 minutes so it took the units half an hour to complete the quest and another half hour to return to your city.

DeletedUser35069

They don't return of their own accord. Nor do they return when you complete it

They return when you accept the reward for the quest, upto then you can leave them in the quest for as long as you want provided you sent enough to complete the quest.

Silver Witch

Strategos
They don't return of their own accord. Nor do they return when you complete it

They return when you accept the reward for the quest, upto then you can leave them in the quest for as long as you want provided you sent enough to complete the quest.

Or, if you need the troops but do not wish to accept the quest reward, you may recall them yourself via Agora, outside. In this case the quest remains completed and available to accept when you wish but the troops return home.

DeletedUser55327

I understand what happened in the above case but I have a new mystery. I built a new city. I had extra free pop so I built archer reinforcements 162. They built fine and I had 162 Archers. With the Grepolympia I used 120 (2x60) as training units. This worked well at first but then I started losing units. Before long the 162 turned into 132 then 82 evene when I wasn't doing any training. I logged on today and I have l0 archers. I have built swordsmen and those numbers have been stable. I don't know what happened to my archers. I haven't attacked anyone or used them in island quests. They just disappeared. How can I get them back?

DeletedUser35069

If you used them for training for the event you don't get them back they disappear as you use them.

Silver Witch

Strategos
This is what the wiki Winter Grepolympia says about training troops:

Training
For each discipline, you have an athlete that you can train. In order to train him, you need units (land or mythical units) to assist. You can rely on any unit from any city to help with the training, but be warned - Units used for training will be permanently taken from the army.

The Training Grounds offers 2 free training slots, and another 2 can be purchased for 100 and 200 gold respectively. These slots remain active throughout all disciplines. The number of units that can be trained in each slot is limited, and this results in the training time being 1.5 hours per slot.

Once you begin training your athlete, you cannot cancel it and you cannot get the units back. Think carefully whether you wish to use that unit. Each unit used will provide training points for your athlete, and each unit provides a different amount.

https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Winter_Grepolympia#Training