Grepo: Current problems that need to be solved

Varun

Strategos
Figured there needs to be a thread about this.

I'll start

First and foremost, app alarms. I really don't know why Inno believes that this problem isn't worth fixing quickly. I read somewhere where it said that the alarms "don't directly affect" gameplay. Well guess what, they do. Also this:

https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/app-alarms.11861/

Seriously? Am I supposed to stay up nights until you miraculously come across a solution? We really don't need the knowledge on how alarms work. We need them to work. It's a feature of your product that isn't working. Several have shown proof that it isn't working. So fix it.

Second is the app alarm notification sound. On the devices that app alarms do work, the alarm notification is a general message sound rather than the regular trumpet. How is that supposed to be an alarm?

Third is increasing number of events. Are you kidding me? You have the time to refactor the code for events but you don't have the time to fix push notifications that ran perfectly well just a few months ago?

Please devs and council. Don't make excuses to my concerns. You see my profile there. I've been around here for way too long to be pushed around. We aren't just players. We are also consumers who happen to be the userbase which keeps your product running.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Also we are customers who are not being provided with an adequate service, and an awful lot of us will not be returning customers. So your profits will take a plunge and you only have yourselves to blame.

Also you have a link for players to recommend this game to their friends, I will be doing the opposite I would never recommend any innogames product to any of my friends.

DeletedUser55431

Third is increasing number of events. Are you kidding me? You have the time to refactor the code for events but you don't have the time to fix push notifications that ran perfectly well just a few months ago?
The number of events is still a debate in which no one can say which is the right or wrong solution. Maybe some people wants to do something apart from Grepolis but still do it in game, and they will like events -not the wheel or something like that, but there's too many events that I can't even name one-, and there are people (like you) who hardly dislike these events.
I can assure you that InnoGames heard it, and is working on it. We can't tell you every details and line on this and on what we are working on, but I can assure you that your representatives (Dan and Phi so far) are doing their jobs pretty great.

DeletedUser44867

Concerning the alarm:

We're supposed to have a section dedicated to mobile development priorities on the call tomorrow - I'll try to bring up the mobile alarm and see if I can get a timeline for when it's expected to be done, or otherwise an explanation of it's current status and what we should be expecting.

DeletedUser

Concerning the alarm:

We're supposed to have a section dedicated to mobile development priorities on the call tomorrow - I'll try to bring up the mobile alarm and see if I can get a timeline for when it's expected to be done, or otherwise an explanation of it's current status and what we should be expecting.

well the simple answer to that would have been, when they knew there was a problem with the udpate. Remove it and replace it with the previous one until they sorted it out. Players are getting sick of losing their cities when they are asleep, because they don't even know they are being attacked because of the app issue.

Also there is an issue with short travel attacks from the same island, the app does not give any indication of an attack until it is either too late. Or like what happened to me yesterday, I eventually got an indication from the mobile app 26 minutes after the attack had landed.

If the only way of getting anything done is to mail innogames direct via their public relations page, I will do that as their public relations has gone out the window.

DeletedUser54192

@grahamrobe - @Rachel.L is right. Here's what happens:
  • You put in a support ticket asking for someone higher than the Community Managers, because the Community Managers are refusing to deal with an issue.
  • The moderator forwards the support ticket to the Community Manager, who says that they are the final authority and will listen to your concerns.
  • You grudgingly explain your concerns.
  • They take over a week to reply, and when they do reply, they parrot the previous answers, which heavily implies that they didn't bother to review the case as they claim to have done.
  • You email InnoGames. The email then gets sent to the "appropriate person", who happens to be the Lead Community Manager. The Lead Community Manager takes your issue back to the same Community Managers and Moderators who were the cause of the issue anyways. In the meantime, no-one emails you to tell you that someone is actually dealing with your concern, so it seems as though they are dead-ending you again.
  • If it's serious enough, you find their parent company and email them. The parent company sends it straight back to the Lead Community Manager, who only then gets back to you.
  • Some of the issues get sorted (albeit not particularly fast, and not necessarily in a consistent matter), and the other half of the issues are explained away with "you don't have proof that that is an issue because there's information that we won't show you that means we are right no matter what".
So in the end it goes back to most of the same people who are ignoring/dead-ending the concerns in the first place, except with a bit more pressure to give some sort of explanation for their actions/inaction. It may get your issues/concerns sorted, but at the same time there is no guarantee.

*Screenshotted for future reference.

DeletedUser35069

The app should be been rolled back to the previous version the second such a huge bug was discovered. Or the Apk supplied to roll back to the previous version. Only thing clear from this is Inno can't be trusted to release stable or tested app releases to the market and only way to counteract is to have auto updates turned off.

There would probably be a ton more players being extremely vocal about this situation but they are muted by the fact they can't exactly post on the external and not give away that their app is not working properly to anyone reading. Absolute farce this has been like this for weeks now with no fix. People are having to swap and change their notification settings around for phones just to have the slightest chance of hearing them now.

If you have the android version I would suggest posting a honest feedback with appropriate star rating on googleplay. Maybe if enough do it they might actually look at fixing it.

DeletedUser

So basically you might as well talk to the wall.. you will probably get more response from that then innogames or the moderators.

So it all goes back too profit above customer satisfaction...

Varun

Strategos
The number of events is still a debate in which no one can say which is the right or wrong solution. Maybe some people wants to do something apart from Grepolis but still do it in game, and they will like events -not the wheel or something like that, but there's too many events that I can't even name one-, and there are people (like you) who hardly dislike these events.
I can assure you that InnoGames heard it, and is working on it. We can't tell you every details and line on this and on what we are working on, but I can assure you that your representatives (Dan and Phi so far) are doing their jobs pretty great.

Mate, the Innogames that I grew up loving and wanting to work in at a point used to never have these problems. The game ran solidly and the mods actually listened to the players. They even put in an account named as The Divine Envoy who was an employee of Inno to whiom we could directly post our concerns.

I have seen game breaking issues in past resolved within weeks of posting a ticket. No lengthy explanations or apologies. The job was done and you didn't have to break a muscle.

Now it's just bureaucratic red tape. Why is that? I never said that you guys aren't listening but isn't it high time that you get the priority of issues in order?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The current information we have on the notification sounds being broken is that they are a high priority and are being worked on. I do wish we had more to say on the matter but unfortunately that is all we know. The current devblog mentions it.

Varun

Strategos
The current information we have on the notification sounds being broken is that they are a high priority and are being worked on. I do wish we had more to say on the matter but unfortunately that is all we know. The current devblog mentions it.

Come on Baudin. You must have a date or a fixed point in time when the issue will be fixed. At the rate that it's going, I think that I would see the end of Rhodes before this gets fixed. :/

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I honestly do not know when it will be fixed, if I had that information I'd have posted it already. When we find out about when a fix is rolling out we'll let everyone know.

DeletedUser35069

Could you ask them to release the older 2.132 android .apk so players can get their apps back up and running? Doesn't have to be via playstore they can provide it via here. Most would rather have the app working than the updates. Can't use the new updates.with no cities.

Its now at the stage where people are missing cs's/attacks. Reds are figuring this out and players are getting chewed up each night, this is having a huge impact on servers now and simply isn't good enough to be waiting for someone to fix. If they are working on adding new stuff like amending city names they seriously do not have the priorities right in what the app needs right now.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I don't know if we can roll back to an earlier version of the app at this point. I will however try to find on come monday morning the current status of the bug and it's fix.