Ideas/Concerns

DeletedUser35722

It is good to see that others have a similar concern to mine.
I posted a response as well on the development blog yesterday morning about my concerns ( about how this is a strategy game etc) and have still not got a response, I'll keep an eye on that.

DeletedUser44867

As far as stacking a city to prevent a CS - I would assume it would be the same deal? You wouldn't be killing an alliance members' troops - you'd be killing an enemy cities' troops that are attacking your cities' troops. I've asked for clarification either way.

(also as far as response time goes - i think they don't really go on during weekends, and usually check once a day.....at least, that's my assumptions as far as I can tell, from how often I check devblog...... not something devs have told me, just observations.)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
you are right, phi, I may not have thought about that second point enough
I appreciate you trying to get info since players aren't being answered
it just seems that, once again, nonplayers are making decisions without gaming experience
if devs want to do a new end game, do THAT
deal with the rest at a different point
otherwise the waters are muddied
jmso once again

Rachel.L

Phrourach
so, just been on the dev blog and today they replied to the last weeks' worth of posts... sort of
my question went unanswered, there's a response but not an answer
several other players expressed concern about items and were also dismissed with little response
(why have a blog post where you ask for comments if you are going to respond with nothing... oh yes nda can't say anything)
-eyeroll-
what I found most disturbing was the complete dismissal of a player's opinion b/c it wasn't something the DEV'S intended
my reply telling them they were rude will never be posted

as players we have all found loopholes and strategies and ways to use what we have that the devs would never imagine
if it is legal, within the rules, and does not take away from other players, I have no idea why these options must be removed and disincentivized
i'd much rather attention be focused on illegal matters like bots or multiaccounting

a new endgame with crowns and benefits, okay
rewriting the game in a way that hamstrings players, I vote no
but mine doesn't count anyway

DeletedUser36697

After all my time in this game the only thing that has changed is:
How blatant the Complete lack of respect for the playing members.. all pay lip-service but few major changes via suggestions are ever incorporated. The exception being ideas that more money can be sucked out of the players..

This game forum is a Dictatorship... haven't seen a system of redress for the Moderators decisions.

There seems to be an ever-growing sense of entitlement among this forums moderators looking at the names that they carry..GOD for example.. ... I wonder if that offends any religious folks?

Game-play books being written and titled after the authors Why is a battle guide named after the writer.. that didn't fight a lick in my alliance, might get banned now for stating facts evident in GRCTools but hey eh?

I counted 4 members 32 guests and 16 robots... bots in the forum wth eh. this game has over 50,000 members

Then folks run POLLS; for what purpose and why? there is no Quorum or anything near a majority but rather this game is being decided by the "Forum Fighters" we also called them "Canteen Commandos" ,"REMFS" in the old days.. Their job was and still should be support the frontline troops... not make the tactical decisions.. Dude giving you rations or doing the laundry should'nt be telling you how to engage the enemy... cuz he heard somebody talking about it?

I hate to say it but my feeling is its all a short term con game... with communications now going through about 6-10 filters before we get the ... well you folks all know where this is headed..

another election for the inner and outer ring, more time to figure out, understand, then get the turnover, to what start all over again? if they dont like where the folks got to... Every corporation has figured out direct minimal comms lines lead to greater efficiency and effectiveness.....we get added layers..

Final point.. although the forum says it speaks for this group... I have NEVER RECEIVED AN E MAIL TELLING ME ANYTHING THAT IS BEING DECIDED or under questions or that there is a vote.. yet game play is being decided by those that dont really play ??? Mods decide whats passed on

So I would suggest that this forum isnt always in the players favour but rather for the decision makers

wonder what kinda bans i get for this?

DeletedUser22115

After all my time in this game the only thing that has changed is:
How blatant the Complete lack of respect for the playing members.. all pay lip-service but few major changes via suggestions are ever incorporated. The exception being ideas that more money can be sucked out of the players..

This game forum is a Dictatorship... haven't seen a system of redress for the Moderators decisions.

There seems to be an ever-growing sense of entitlement among this forums moderators looking at the names that they carry..GOD for example.. ... I wonder if that offends any religious folks?

Game-play books being written and titled after the authors Why is a battle guide named after the writer.. that didn't fight a lick in my alliance, might get banned now for stating facts evident in GRCTools but hey eh?

I counted 4 members 32 guests and 16 robots... bots in the forum wth eh. this game has over 50,000 members

Then folks run POLLS; for what purpose and why? there is no Quorum or anything near a majority but rather this game is being decided by the "Forum Fighters" we also called them "Canteen Commandos" ,"REMFS" in the old days.. Their job was and still should be support the frontline troops... not make the tactical decisions.. Dude giving you rations or doing the laundry should'nt be telling you how to engage the enemy... cuz he heard somebody talking about it?

I hate to say it but my feeling is its all a short term con game... with communications now going through about 6-10 filters before we get the ... well you folks all know where this is headed..

another election for the inner and outer ring, more time to figure out, understand, then get the turnover, to what start all over again? if they dont like where the folks got to... Every corporation has figured out direct minimal comms lines lead to greater efficiency and effectiveness.....we get added layers..

Final point.. although the forum says it speaks for this group... I have NEVER RECEIVED AN E MAIL TELLING ME ANYTHING THAT IS BEING DECIDED or under questions or that there is a vote.. yet game play is being decided by those that dont really play ??? Mods decide whats passed on

So I would suggest that this forum isnt always in the players favour but rather for the decision makers

wonder what kinda bans i get for this?

As far as mail for the voting of the Local Council goes, i am fairly certain that every active player at the time received an ingame mail regarding prior to the voting commencing, then another mail regarding the voting open, with links to each candidates speech as to why they should be voted in.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The forum titles for moderators are years old, like from pretty much the inception of the forum. They were chosen to be game/ancient greek themed in a way. Heroes being level 1 forum mods, Titans being level 2/senior forum mods, Giants being level 1 ingame mods, Legends (which was the most recently changed of them all since it used to be just SIGM) for level 2/senior ingame mods, and Gods/Goddesses for the Admins/Community managers. They were chosen years before the current mod team, myself and Richard included, became moderators. I never considered that having ancient greek themed names would be such a terrible idea so I never changed it. They can be changed to more generic versions if people want them to be.

As for the online member stats the bots are search engines that are indexing the site or something. Not a bot that makes comments or does anything close to nefarious.

The Player's Council was advertised as Kuriants stated via ingame announcements before the nomination period and before voting took place. That is in addition to the week long ingame voting pop up menu that showed up for anyone currently playing at the time of the voting process.

The reason the forums are used so much for feedback related changes is because it is the most effective way for the developers to find out what the players think about the state of the game. The developers can't do into players' internal forums to look at what people think nor are they privy to skype/discord/etc conversations about what players would like changed. However feedback on the various game forums can be viewed which is why it is used and encouraged to be used.

DeletedUser36697

As far as mail for the voting of the Local Council goes, i am fairly certain that every active player at the time received an ingame mail regarding prior to the voting commencing, then another mail regarding the voting open, with links to each candidates speech as to why they should be voted in.

would love to see a copy of the filed message sent to Hyperborea?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
what? there are still active players in hyerborea, Achilles, or bellerophon?
wait wasn't an idea kicked around when discussing world options about a few more worlds like those because they were popular?
can't be so if the players on those worlds don't exist

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
would love to see a copy of the filed message sent to Hyperborea?

The announcement definitely went out to all worlds including Hyperborea, Achilles, and Bellerophon. As for a copy of the message we likely don't have the copy since the initial message went out 9ish months ago and the voting announcement a month or two later. The system doesn't save the announcements that long. Hyperborea would not have been missed in the announcements because when we send announcements they go out to all worlds unless we specify otherwise. So we would have needed to specifically choose to not send the Player's Council announcements to Hyperborea in order for that world to not receive them.

DeletedUser27793

Well even though you made an account in 2012 you havent been active at all. There were quite a lot of active people in this forum a couple of years ago so voting in forums was the best idea.
You complain about lack of active people here but there were countless mails in game to participate in forums either by some competitions or voting.
I didnot even understand what you were talking about a battle guide.
titans/gaints/legends/heroes are part of the community not the company they do what they can.
If you have anyone to blame its either the players who dont bother to give feedback and participate in forums or the company.

DeletedUser36697

Well even though you made an account in 2012 you havent been active at all. There were quite a lot of active people in this forum a couple of years ago so voting in forums was the best idea.
You complain about lack of active people here but there were countless mails in game to participate in forums either by some competitions or voting.
I didnot even understand what you were talking about a battle guide.
titans/gaints/legends/heroes are part of the community not the company they do what they can.
If you have anyone to blame its either the players who dont bother to give feedback and participate in forums or the company.

If activity is counted by the number of forum posts then I am a rank amateur!
If forum activity is a requirement to be a Player then no, I am not a player...
However if playing the game in what ever world and being successful as a Player of the game( Attacking and defending against troops and ships) then I am a Player of Greoplis.
This is again about the REMFS and the Players
Opinions are like orifices we all have them and hopefuly they not all alike

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27793

Yes it is not a requirement for a player to be active in the forums but if you want your opinion/ideas to matter this the place to be. You talk about receiving emails about about ideas that are being decided... thats plain ridiculous, you can check ideas section once in a while to suggest a new mechanic/ remake of an old one or help others build on their ideas. The polls are open for a good amount of time. There are a lot of mods in this forum who are very experienced ingame. Mods only get one vote and nothing else in that matter. You are not active on forums and doesnt help with the ideas but when they are implemented you come whining that you donot like them..... I dont even know what to say anymore.

DeletedUser36697

this bs is why folks just ignore this place its not worth the bs..
So this so called Grep Community, where Paying customers are required to do all the leg work to stay informed...READ THE FORUM.. while they pay ever increasing prices to continue playing... so i have a choice of playing to get my monies worth or I become a forum folks one who lives and breaths the forum at the expense of the game

Folks have argued and posted for changes for years and whether I posted 1000 times or 49 times its the same result, cosmetic changes with little else..
one only has to read the forum to see how useless it it to rehash the same observations and complaints with little to no real progress..
after all we are only paying customers who have little to say in how the game is run or its direction...
the councils have stated they can only suggest

and this becomes a waste of time to carry on..

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
why are you complaining.. this is superb for fighters.
from what i see this new battle point behavior wont be only for Domination but for all other worlds still open and future ones which is great, there are a lot of cannibals out there.

GRaEle8.png

iim86o

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27793

So this so called Grep Community, where Paying customers are required to do all the leg work to stay informed...READ THE FORUM.. while they pay ever increasing prices to continue playing... so i have a choice of playing to get my monies worth or I become a forum folks one who lives and breaths the forum at the expense of the game
So do you have any suggestion for a better method? if not you are not even helping

DeletedUser36697

Why should I be required regurgitate all the suggestions made over the years to prove I have something to contribute..

Its not rocket science... you have a forum filled with complaints and observations and yet they sit without action being taken on them.

I find it amazing and truly sad that folks cant not take any form of criticism or negative observations,,, Its like this is their life work and all they can do is trash folks that dont think like them. (Kinda like #45 thinks).

So what if anything has been accomplished during this last reign of inner and outer councils, that has had positive and somewhat game changing effect?

here is a positive contribution...
let the developers figure out where their $ are going, when less and less folks join or stay with the game.
The Developers have the paying customers thinking they have some sort of real impact while paying lip-service to the suggestions, that they do get, while still raising costs and providing less for those costs.

however in this case the inmates are not running the asylum, they

Rachel.L

Phrourach
even with time to get their act together in the beginning and perhaps a few extra weeks added for the replacement council members, we are at the time where the mods should be asking for the next round of volunteers for gpc
if we follow the same cycle, it's 4 months of introductions and paperwork, a month to focus ideas, and a month of pretending players have a say
maybe the second round will be better since everyone knows the score and procedure but who knows

if you look at the original posting of what players asked for specifically, the devs have strayed far from it
perhaps that's because all servers have a different idea and a say
but I think what has been expressed here, on the devblog, and in skype rooms is a feeling of being ignored
entire alliances are looking for a home in a new game not run by inno

Rachel.L

Phrourach
https://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=2391
Player Council event – March 8
On March 8, the final player council call for this term is taking place. In this call, we will summarize both the results of the first term, as well as statistics and improvement ideas for this project.

We’re looking forward to meeting with 5 Inner Council members for the last time in their current term and to get hands-on feedback regarding their experience.

Anything any inner council would like to say from your final meeting/ call as GPC members?

And @figtree2, if their time is ending, shouldn't we have voted on new members already?

DeletedUser44867

Yeah - I was supposed to be involved in this call, but unfortunately got pretty sick the day before, and ended up being unable to make said call. Honestly, I'm not sure a summary will be made about this call or not, given the context of conversation.

I've been talking to other members about said call to get an idea of what happened and have gotten a few materials. (Unfortunately since I wasn't there I cant say when/if said summary will be made, or even if the other members think it's necessary since it was just a call about personal opinion and not necessarily about any finite changes to be made to the process. Again, wasn't there. So I don't know for sure.)

From what I've understood thus far, as the description says, it was mostly feedback about how council functions and what the other inner council members had to say about how it ran and how it could be improved in future terms. Devs provided statistics on participation from councils, council provided insight to how things ran on their end. (which is also why the election hasn't started yet, as far as I'm concerned, since they wanted to get feedback about said process and possibly reshape it to make it a more seamless process. That is me assuming again, wasn't in call.)

I know I have a lot of personal opinions on the function of council - even though I wasn't in the call I have been bringing up some suggestions/comments periodically via forum as the term has moved forward (as well as mentioned some other concerns - i.e. randomizing voting order. Not saying it will be done, but just that I mentioned it).
Some of those opinions are dev-centered, a lot of them are suggestions for the people who would be council members next term.
....I'm not going to post all of my opinions/suggestions here, because I'm not really sure it's entirely relevant unless you actually want to be in council...but if you're planning on running for council next term and you're interested/want to know more about it, feel free to pm me, or message me on skype/email.