Pnp You can hug or you can fight

• Thread starter DeletedUser14786
  • Start date

DeletedUser14786

yes%20you.jpg
I'm calling out Twisted Souls (#1), The Priory (#2), Kraken (#6), Twisted Minds (#7), Kraken. (#10) for the crime of unbalancing the server. Yes, you know who you are. Coordinating Ops and defense with 5 of the top 10 alliances like this against smaller prey is like cocaine... the high is temporary and the outcome is good players get bored (mostly yours). This PnP is hereby served as a notice and a warning... and includes a parable of how great alliances before you have taken responsibility for their servers and how you can too.

Back in 2012, the #1 alliance in world EN38, world Naxos, was Organized Konfusion, led by Freaknasty022 (I was fortunate to be a leader, along for the ride). At OK's peak we were #1 in ABP, #1 in points, and engaged in multiple wars with core and rim alliances we bordered across multiple oceans.

What made Freaknasty022 such a fascinating alliance founder was that, when given the opportunity to run over the rest of the world the cheap way, he took responsibility to balance the server to make it fun as possible for everybody playing on it. For Organized Konfusion, this meant no pacts and don't recruit all the good players from other alliances in order to keep the competition interesting. I saved screenshots of a personal conversation where I asked about the decision not to recruit a pretty good player who asked to join OK, which I present here.

b54fUYO.png

Zbp9k86.png

U1FJugH.png
(Note the reference to wars against 4 different alliances - Spartiates, VVV, CN and WAS. These wars were in addition to those against Penguins and The Raiders, who were the other great powers ranked #2 and #6 on the server). That's how you do it!

Why bring this up?
  • Because there was a golden age of Grepolis when the top alliance leaders took responsibility to balance the server and make it fun for everyone on it. I was there. You can do it too! :)
  • Because the game used to be focused on fighting and winning cities, not pacts with half the server so you could have some easy takes and then get a wonder victory (I still do not have a wonder victory on the Ituralde account and proud of it).
  • Because I'm seeing Twisted Souls (#1), The Priory (#2), Kraken (#6) Twisted Minds (#7) Kraken. (#10) coordinating on conquests and defense. If you are the #1 or #2 alliance in abp and points why do you need so many allies in the top 10 alliances and top 30 players? Are you afraid to attack each other?
svJ7ZAL.png

UMoxW4x.png

BN96RR7.png

cPOk2Fv.png

I am not saying that the golden age of grepolis has gone. It could return... but the top alliances need to make it so. Nobody will be remembered for hugging it out... and trust me... You have some really great players but your great players will get bored and move to a new server if you don't REALLY fight...and you'll be left with the simmers.

Not that I mind the attention. Jinsl001 is clearly the top player on the server but there is one category he can't quite seem to lock down... keep trying my friend! ;)
b79kgwi.png

So, back to the title: You can hug or you can fight, but win or lose you will only be remembered as a great alliance for your fighting. I look forward to seeing what the next round holds... and thanks for the BP!

Now here's where my threat has teeth: EN106 Gortyn is a speed 2 world with similar alliance size opening in 6 days. I've already been approached by at least one person putting together an alliance out of "the best players" on this server. My guess is you have 6 days to sort this out, otherwise your bored top players are going to move to that server in search of a challenge. And then you're really be up that creek, the one we all don't want to be up, without a paddle. The choice is yours. What kind of server do you want Epidamnos to be?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34426

And someone from an alliance that decided to conquer a city from a player that has serious real life issues is starting this thread. Make yourself credible first, before you demand others.

SlothTzu

Strategos
And someone from an alliance that decided to conquer a city from a player that has serious real life issues is starting this thread. Make yourself credible first, before you demand others.

Why are you more upset about the city than the player that lost it? They didn't seem to mind whatsoever, but you can't seem to stop bringing it up, using their tragedy as propaganda is shameful.

DeletedUser24785

The Golden Age of Grepolis ended years ago, there was a time if you didn't join a server within 2hrs you missed out. As for unbalanced servers, its been happening for ages, MGGA springs to mind for one, but nearly every server has an imbalance usually caused by pre-mades, so get over yourself, if you don't like the server join the next one. Your bleating wont change the game now.
Hamberger Hill quote 'adapt, improvise' but don't whine .

DeletedUser24785

Why are you more upset about the city than the player that lost it? They didn't seem to mind whatsoever, but you can't seem to stop bringing it up, using their tragedy as propaganda is shameful.

They didn't mind whatsoever because they had far more serious issues in RL to deal with , hence we asked , or at least i informed PK about, and to her will always be grateful for her actions regarding a fellow gamer, its not really war you know, its a pixal game.

SlothTzu

Strategos
They didn't mind whatsoever because they had far more serious issues in RL to deal with , hence we asked , or at least i informed PK about, and to her will always be grateful for her actions regarding a fellow gamer, its not really war you know, its a pixal game.

Exactly, I just find it interesting how the player who lost the city expressed gratitude, while akkropolis is very angry about it, here, and in PMs.

DeletedUser34426

My ethical standards are different then yours.

About this request from Irutalde in the top, I guess next he will demand to empty our cities in 54.

DeletedUser55100

The Golden Age of Grepolis ended years ago, there was a time if you didn't join a server within 2hrs you missed out. As for unbalanced servers, its been happening for ages, MGGA springs to mind for one, but nearly every server has an imbalance usually caused by pre-mades, so get over yourself, if you don't like the server join the next one. Your bleating wont change the game now.
Hamberger Hill quote 'adapt, improvise' but don't whine .

Still think it would be interesting to have just one world where landing location is entirely random for everybody. Pre-mades would moan no doubt but for just one world out of of those released why not change things round - if the world is a failure then don't repeat the experiment.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
Well I won't get into discussion about the different cases which was stated above, but just want to express my opinion about this topic and pre-mades.

I agree with Ituralde whatever he said in the topic, but I believe in this case it's not only TS's fault, since everyone must do same in order to keep balance in the world, not just separately, TF, Shadies or anyone else. Other than that I agree.

And well about pre-mades, tbh pre mades have been done even years before when Grepolis still was on it's top. Surely premades couldn't be done in maybe first ten worlds, since game was new and people were just getting in touch with each other. So imo pre-mades aren't thing which ruins fun, it's mass hugging. Which was shame in the past. Nowadays mass pacting is more common than having multiple enemies.

Anyhow it's not prohibited to pact anyone, so whoever thinks it's right they does, but I still think that it would be 10 times more exciting to play if few top alliances weren't backing each other.

DeletedUser24785

Well I won't get into discussion about the different cases which was stated above, but just want to express my opinion about this topic and pre-mades.

I agree with Ituralde whatever he said in the topic, but I believe in this case it's not only TS's fault, since everyone must do same in order to keep balance in the world, not just separately, TF, Shadies or anyone else. Other than that I agree.

And well about pre-mades, tbh pre mades have been done even years before when Grepolis still was on it's top. Surely premades couldn't be done in maybe first ten worlds, since game was new and people were just getting in touch with each other. So imo pre-mades aren't thing which ruins fun, it's mass hugging. Which was shame in the past. Nowadays mass pacting is more common than having multiple enemies.

Anyhow it's not prohibited to pact anyone, so whoever thinks it's right they does, but I still think that it would be 10 times more exciting to play if few top alliances weren't backing each other.

That all well put, but the facts are missing. At the outbreak of the main wars now going on TF had a 2nd branch, TS didn't so because TS and priory were both fighting Shadies they formed a pact against a common enemy, with Shadies being the alliance that fired the first shots.So i think most alliances would see that as a logical pact agreement at that time .
Then TF decided to end a NAP agreement with TS , giving 48hrs notice, therefore ending the cuddling they had been doing since the server started, believing that with 2 branches and their fantastic leadership they should easily be able to move into TS territory esp. as they were already fighting Shadies.TF were wrong, in fact the 1st op. TF ran against TS they lost more cities than they took against just TS as Priory weren't really involved and TS had no other pacts at that time.
Then as we are all aware , TS made a 2nd branch out of ex-wolves alliances, to ensure TF couldn't take easy cities and encroach more cities into TS territory.So now TS had 2 branches the same as TF. A strategic policy which has proven correct as TF now are running West it seems.
TS made another agreement with Kraken, who are mainly to the South of TS hence giving allies to their southern borders.
All of this seems to prove that TS tactically are better than the alliances who decided to open hostilities with them, and the growth of the alliances, not BP etc irrelevent with buffs, seems to prove a correct move. So i cant really see what all the negative comments about TS are based on ,all seem to be pretty good moves on the fighting and strategic fronts to me personally.
But i guess if your not doing well , you have to blame it on something.

DeletedUser55362

Just passing throw to express my gratitude to Ituralde.
One brain found, thanks.
18632464-businessman-choose-easy-or-hard-way-with-stormy-clouds-background.jpg

Pretty much like the fact "are you fat? or are you thin?"

jameslongst

Strategos
That all well put, but the facts are missing. At the outbreak of the main wars now going on TF had a 2nd branch, TS didn't so because TS and priory were both fighting Shadies they formed a pact against a common enemy, with Shadies being the alliance that fired the first shots.So i think most alliances would see that as a logical pact agreement at that time .
Then TF decided to end a NAP agreement with TS , giving 48hrs notice, therefore ending the cuddling they had been doing since the server started, believing that with 2 branches and their fantastic leadership they should easily be able to move into TS territory esp. as they were already fighting Shadies.TF were wrong, in fact the 1st op. TF ran against TS they lost more cities than they took against just TS as Priory weren't really involved and TS had no other pacts at that time.
Then as we are all aware , TS made a 2nd branch out of ex-wolves alliances, to ensure TF couldn't take easy cities and encroach more cities into TS territory.So now TS had 2 branches the same as TF. A strategic policy which has proven correct as TF now are running West it seems.
TS made another agreement with Kraken, who are mainly to the South of TS hence giving allies to their southern borders.
All of this seems to prove that TS tactically are better than the alliances who decided to open hostilities with them, and the growth of the alliances, not BP etc irrelevent with buffs, seems to prove a correct move. So i cant really see what all the negative comments about TS are based on ,all seem to be pretty good moves on the fighting and strategic fronts to me personally.
But i guess if your not doing well , you have to blame it on something.

You didnt like them, and dumped them to join us when you thought it would be easier to play with us. When it turned out its not gonna be so easy to play with us, you dumped us and went back to them. Of course the grepo golden age is over, dude. This thread is about players exactly like you.

DeletedUser22115

Personally I don't like what Twisted is doing, i am not for coalitions etc. but it's all about strategy. If you want to pact everyone and make it a hug it out world so be it, if you want to fight on your own against said coalition so be it. Of course people will criticize your strategy, you are enemies after all.
My reasoning for not liking a coalition is, trust. Too many people, too little trust. Only a matter of time before someone ruffles some feathers, maybe the man from the land down under will surprise some folks :D

TheLastKnight

Phrourach
Lol keeping seeing things about premades does anyone not know TS was never a premade it was just a group that came together at the start of the world.

TS also has done everything you can strategy wise to make sure the outcome is on there favor.

How about these other alliances just think a little more and use your heads.

DeletedUser49229

Personally I don't like what Twisted is doing, i am not for coalitions etc. but it's all about strategy. If you want to pact everyone and make it a hug it out world so be it, if you want to fight on your own against said coalition so be it. Of course people will criticize your strategy, you are enemies after all.
My reasoning for not liking a coalition is, trust. Too many people, too little trust. Only a matter of time before someone ruffles some feathers, maybe the man from the land down under will surprise some folks :D
just to let you in we have been pacted with kraken when they was not even in the top 20 (they grew fast and made a second branch) i would also like to inform everyone that every pact we had was when none of us was on top . When we pacted with TP we was 3rd and they was lower i believer (4th,5th or 6th) we was already pacted with kraken. we get called hugging cause us and our Friends have better growth then most of the server. ? we have 2 pacts 1 of our pacts has a second branch and we have a second branch. If This is hugging then 99% of alliances hug in all worlds if you would of talked about our pacts earlier in the server it wouldn't be called hugging just because us and our friends growth is good it makes us a hugger?

You didnt like them, and dumped them to join us when you thought it would be easier to play with us. When it turned out its not gonna be so easy to play with us, you dumped us and went back to them. Of course the grepo golden age is over, dude. This thread is about players exactly like you.
he never left because he didn't like us he left because he believed he was a burden in 45 as we would have to send our defense long tt this is what he thought.(with reasons to believe the pact was going to end) But like 2-3 weeks after he got there he realized that the leadership was useless (and there first op on us just proved that) this whole time me and tim stayed close cause i understood his decision. then it just got to a point where he couldn't stand the alliance.and wished to come back (which i told him when he left he can come back whenever he is always welcome in ts)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24785

He is alive, for a leader in an alliance this is the first post i've ever seen you do. Funny for a leader. Actually i joined you to help other players, ie chariotsof fire and sivi something , both of who were worried about how good you were and about being attacked, so i said , due to our position on the map your alliance would be a better place to be.I was wrong, and both players have quit , so i was free to return. Leaders need to be more than simmers , and your the best simmer i've seen in a leaders position.

DeletedUser24785

He is alive, for a leader in an alliance this is the first post i've ever seen you do. Funny for a leader. Actually i joined you to help other players, ie chariotsof fire and sivi something , both of who were worried about how good you were and about being attacked, so i said , due to our position on the map your alliance would be a better place to be.I was wrong, and both players have quit , so i was free to return. Leaders need to be more than simmers , and your the best simmer i've seen in a leaders position.
Maybe you should just let the person wearing the trousers in your alliance post replies, and thats not you.