Top 12 Top 12 Sink or Swim 2.0

DeletedUser50245

look like all others at first I went with the flow regarding the INVICTA hate, but I've come to the realization that it is all a bit exaggerated. INV are good players and although they have arguably the most top quality players working together (120 from invicta+rt+inv 2), they did plow through this world fair and square. Every world people complain about A: being outnumbered or B: having no one to fight. It's one or the other. Complaining is going to happen. Trees, Amici, WC and Bloods were all working together at one point to try and exert as much pressure as we could. We took a couple dozen cities at best. Despite outnumbering invicta&rt in this round. It's just the nature of grepo to find excuses to dislike your enemy.

Luckily most people have stopped with the complaining by now, but there are some a few still blaming each other for all sorts of crap. I do have to agree INV tried to use some crafty diplomacy with AMICI (asking to take them in), and offered a NAP to trees to be able to focus on WC, but that's just part of the game. Everyone does it. Grepolis has two sides: tactics and strategy. Neither is more important than the other. Clever strategy should in my opinion be just as respected as clever tactics.

These are just my twopence. Saying this I have been in touch with every major alliance except for Noc, trying to help my bit in managing diplomacy with the goal of bringing down invicta, but we failed miserably. As we speak TMO is still trying to work out a way to make it work but respectfully I have my doubts. They have motivated and good leadership (Elking, Kraft, etc.) but not an extremely stable playerbase. I do still have high hopes for Bloods, considering they have been able to hold out for very long and are an extremely solid and tight bunch of players.
i dunno ... what i know is that we destroyed Trees and Amici completely ... we haven't taken any players from them ... i might be mistaken ... if we did take some players, its not because we were scared of them, but because they were already crumbling haha

DeletedUser21287

Come now Mark

You beat TVG with mutual assistance from 2 others.
You beat the alliance between you and rts with rts.
You beat deuce whatever with assistance
You didnt beat TEE at all. They were on holiday and still holding you all back
You couldnt beat WC without TEE ghosting and rts assistance
You are pacted with rts who in turn are pacted with 10 others so you get indirect assistance
You are now actually fighting WIB whilst were taking on 4 of the top 6 and were matching city for city.

number one alliance of 80% simmers. 15% with deep pockets and 5% with some skill for the game.

Come back to the Blood Group man where respect is earned not bought

The Resistance Grows

DeletedUser48639

i dunno ... what i know is that we destroyed Trees and Amici completely ... we haven't taken any players from them ... i might be mistaken ... if we did take some players, its not because we were scared of them, but because they were already crumbling haha
Don&austinj joined you, but that was their decision, so not really poaching. There were some tries though, but it was a merge proposal.
(removed)

According to Dawson who has now quit Inv also offered trees a NAP so they could fight WC early january. Not sure if that can be verified, nothing much wrong with a NAP anyway. Just to show you that some things have been going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruthie2

Phrourach
I dont know why the word Bloods and coalition keeps coming up. Yes alliances speak to us as they do everyone.
We are in no coalition.
Invicta are the favourties, so yes they are going to have alot of enemies.

Martin was correct with what he said above, we are fighting 4 of the top 6 here .

Bloods have enemies because we are a group of players who work as one and are a close family group. We want nothing we dont earn and we certainly will never lose our reputation and integrity to gain a crown.

DeletedUser44505

Said perfectly Ruth.. I was wondering why we kept getting dragged into a coalition discussion same as WC's none of us ever agreed to a coalition.

DeletedUser44505

Trees, Amici, WC and Bloods were all working together at one point to try and exert as much pressure as we could.

Neither bloods or WC agreed to anything like this.. you did try to recruit us in for this but no agreement was ever made.

DeletedUser48639

Neither bloods or WC agreed to anything like this.. you did try to recruit us in for this but no agreement was ever made.
You are right. Although it was more of an informal coalition. We didn't share forums with any of the aforementioned. We were just communicating on which days we were organizing ops to stretch support. We were still more or less working together. Even though coordination was minimal.

It was primarily dawson who pushed for an active and organized coalition. I personally always deemed this impossible because of the difficulty of coordinating massive ops but the dream went on. My own correspondence with Bloods concerned primarily world wonders, not as much working together in terms of attacking. But we all know that Trees is not going to be solid competition in WW's anymore lol (doubt we ever would have been).

DeletedUser44505

It was primarily dawson who pushed for an active and organized coalition.

I'd like to draw attention to this part because I've heard SOOOOO much bull about it being Capital Horror (Bloods) who was arranging a coalition! Thank you for clearing that one up...

DeletedUser50245

Come now Mark

You are pacted with rts who in turn are pacted with 10 others so you get indirect assistance
You are now actually fighting WIB whilst were taking on 4 of the top 6 and were matching city for city.

number one alliance of 80% simmers. 15% with deep pockets and 5% with some skill for the game.

The Resistance Grows
1) TVG was far from us ... TEE killed them
2) the alliances between us and RT were killed early in the server ... it was only 2-3 months after the server opened that we established a NAP with RT
3) Deuce was easy to beat; RT did not participate
4) True ... but our attacks hastened their downfall ... its not our fault that they were on holiday
5) WC was difficult to beat ... that's true ... but what happened to them in the end? they were closer to TEE inactives
6) RT's pacts are their own ... we haven't received assistance from any of their pactmates
7) Who is left in the top 10 alliances? Most of the contenders are already dead or in the process of dying. So weaker alliances move up the ladder

i'm not definitely among the 15% with deep pockets
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser50245

Don&austinj joined you, but that was their decision, so not really poaching. There were some tries though, but it was a merge proposal.
View attachment 12566
View attachment 12565

According to Dawson who has now quit Inv also offered trees a NAP so they could fight WC early january. Not sure if that can be verified, nothing much wrong with a NAP anyway. Just to show you that some things have been going on.
it doesn't matter Internets whether a merge or not was offered to Amici ... Amici chose to fight us ... during the time the merge was offered, they were already sinking ... they have been badly defeated in battle ... they actually lost the war and we received no assistance from RT in dealing with them ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48639

it doesn't matter Internets whether a merge or not was offered to Amici ... Amici chose to fight us ... during the time the merge was offered, they were already sinking ... they have been badly defeated in battle ... they actually lost the war and we received no assistance from RT in dealing with them ...
I agree and I wasn't making a case against it. Was only showing that a merge had been offered.

Silver Witch

Strategos
For the majority of this server we have played with just our pact with RT. For much of that time RT had their own priorities and we had an ocean to take, expansion on our borders and then initially the TEE threat in 55 then WC.

As far as we are concerned we have eliminated everyone in our ocean - no hugging/napping or pacting and we have then fought all alliances on the borders. We do not receive 'indirect assistance' from anyone and never have. I dont know why everyone insists on claiming this. Yes we have a pact with RT and we help each other if needed but look at our bp - its obvious we are doing much of our own defending and RT have their own battles.

Whether your ops on us were coordinated or not there have been several instances where we have been attacked on several fronts simultaneously. There is no doubt that in these circumstances we were heavily outnumbered but whatever the pressures we have had we have worked through them. Yes we lost the odd city here and there but mostly deep red areas and frankly the 'fight everyone' strategy has given us fantastic bp and that means growth.

There has been all sorts of diplo discussions but discussions are just that. We have not pacted or merged amici, trees, border group or anyone else on our border whom we are fighting so why speculate on it now.

I see no reason to critisize bloods. They have undoubtedly pacted more than us and that is reflected in their bp but its a war game and all strategies are good. Our expansion has taken us into 45 and direct conflict now. Its just an extension of the 55 front for us and yes here we can work with RT. Bloods have allies though - i hardly think that even with RT involvement they can suggest they are outnumbered.

We are all now working toward WW. That changes things. The intel suggests that bloods have a lot of helpers but it was always our strategy to build without that kind of assistance.

As far as Invicta is concerned we wish Bloods and any other WW builders good luck in the weeks to come.

Last edited:

DeletedUser50990

please don't post my personal correspondence in public forum. this is disrespectful and in bad taste.

DeletedUser16560

Come now Mark

The Resistance Grows

smiley_emoticons_rollsmiliey.gif

smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

smiley_emoticons_rollsmiliey.gif

DeletedUser21287

For the majority of this server we have played with just our pact with RT. For much of that time RT had their own priorities and we had an ocean to take, expansion on our borders and then initially the TEE threat in 55 then WC.

As far as we are concerned we have eliminated everyone in our ocean - no hugging/napping or pacting and we have then fought all alliances on the borders. We do not receive 'indirect assistance' from anyone and never have. I dont know why everyone insists on claiming this. Yes we have a pact with RT and we help each other if needed but look at our bp - its obvious we are doing much of our own defending and RT have their own battles.

Whether your ops on us were coordinated or not there have been several instances where we have been attacked on several fronts simultaneously. There is no doubt that in these circumstances we were heavily outnumbered but whatever the pressures we have had we have worked through them. Yes we lost the odd city here and there but mostly deep red areas and frankly the 'fight everyone' strategy has given us fantastic bp and that means growth.

There has been all sorts of diplo discussions but discussions are just that. We have not pacted or merged amici, trees, border group or anyone else on our border whom we are fighting so why speculate on it now.

I see no reason to critisize bloods. They have undoubtedly pacted more than us and that is reflected in their bp but its a war game and all strategies are good. Our expansion has taken us into 45 and direct conflict now. Its just an extension of the 55 front for us and yes here we can work with RT. Bloods have allies though - i hardly think that even with RT involvement they can suggest they are outnumbered.

We are all now working toward WW. That changes things. The intel suggests that bloods have a lot of helpers but it was always our strategy to build without that kind of assistance.

As far as Invicta is concerned we wish Bloods and any other WW builders good luck in the weeks to come.

rts mra's help them allowing rts to help you. indirect assistance. you can spin it all you want lol

dont get me wrong the 15% of you that can actually play with skill would be welcome in Bloods anytime but the simmers and golders walk around as if theyre something above and beyond all others.

Not sure how much gold you use but have a word with your guys who have some honour and I will speak to Ruth and get you all invites. Come and EARN your crown instead of letting a handful of others buy it for you.

Ruthie2

Phrourach

Thank you silver witch, Bloods have the greatest respect for Invicta too, not having respect of a good team is not only stupid but makes you weak not seeing the bigger picture.
Grep always has little gossipers who go around saying they are with these and they are with those.
We dont have multiple alliances we have had the same pact from the start. We are in no coalition and dont intend to become one,

DeletedUser48639

please don't post my personal correspondence in public forum. this is disrespectful and in bad taste.
My apologies. Given the date of the correspondence I mistakenly presumed that there was no problem in offering full transparancy. My sole purpose of making this post to show to everyone that yes, INVICTA did engage in some diplomacy (and nobody should claim otherwise). However, they conducted diplomacy as the victors of a virtually already won war, and even if they weren't, there is absolutely no problem with diplomacy in a war game.

I don't blame invicta for anything. But you are right, I should perhaps have consulted you first before posting your private messages.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Come now Mark

The Resistance Grows

rts mra's help them allowing rts to help you. indirect assistance. you can spin it all you want lol

dont get me wrong the 15% of you that can actually play with skill would be welcome in Bloods anytime but the simmers and golders walk around as if theyre something above and beyond all others.

Not sure how much gold you use but have a word with your guys who have some honour and I will speak to Ruth and get you all invites. Come and EARN your crown instead of letting a handful of others buy it for you.

This is just not logical.

1. I dont consider we beat TVG at all. We started in mid 54, they were 55 and were defeated by WC and TEE before we even got close.

2. No idea who you are referring to but at the start there were Widows/Deuces/Pandas/Griffindor/Fight Club all with full alliances in 54. We took them out. Yes if they had players in 44 RT would have been taking them too. Some were in both oceans and others were closer to 64. We were aiming to get closer to TEE in the south for a big war so we went south and Amici came later.

3. TEE - these guys were a big disappointment. We spent 3 months clearing the way south and then when we hit them they all hit VM. True they had a holiday but thats a few days. Only a few put up a fight when the holiday was over and then they all hit VM again. At no point did they 'hold us back'. It's been a pain but you adapt to whatever the game throws at you.

4. By the time we fought WC we were also fighting the Trees and amici and all 3 of those alliances were fighting us simultaneously. So yes - we fought WC in 55/45, Amici in the north and Trees in 64 while at the same time RT fought WC in 44/45 and their own enemies. It felt like we had the whole server against just the 2 of us - who knows really we were concentrating on our own battles. If RT had help from allies thats their business. Certainly we didn't have help from anyone except RT at any time.

5. We are now fighting WIB on one specific front. We still have reds on 2 other fronts. Clearly WIB has a similar situation then - thats normal. You fight on the fronts you have to fit with your own strategy.

6. Gold - yes there are a few players here that use it. There are players like that elsewhere also. Gold trading gives access to gold for all. I earned 60k in Lato from a base in 64. The real key to growth is activity and bp and gold supplements this. There are many players here who dont spend huge amounts but who are strong in points and bp through hard work. Your comments insult them.

7. Thank you for your offer to speak on our behalf. In Invicta we would not try to recruit Blood players and sink or swim we will remain loyal to the team we are in.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Thank you silver witch, Bloods have the greatest respect for Invicta too, not having respect of a good team is not only stupid but makes you weak not seeing the bigger picture.
Grep always has little gossipers who go around saying they are with these and they are with those.
We dont have multiple alliances we have had the same pact from the start. We are in no coalition and dont intend to become one,

Yep thanks Ruthie we are on the same page here. I think both of us are fed up with all the propaganda. Glad to hear its not a coalition. Its only that i am constantly being sent messages from disgruntled players outside invicta (not bloods) where the implication is that TMO/Trees/Amici all want to work together for a blood win. I dont use spies so the info is not sought. Rumour is not fact I know.

Raydium88

Strategos
it was always our strategy to build without that kind of assistance.

It was always your commitment and word to do so with one lone team (alliance). But I will let that one pass... No point getting into heated argument of who said this and who said what. Chat logs are for me to keep and reassure myself I am not being unfair.

Either way I say it not to take away your merit for putting together a strong team and tactic. Just to clear out some ghosts...