Nature's Wheel of Time Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On May 14th our next event, Nature's Wheel of Time, will start and it will run until June 7th at 23:59 server time. Feel free to discuss the event and post any feedback you have in this thread.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Went to the wiki to check things out. There it says there is a random chance of receiving each reward. Therefore, will someone pls explain the percentages in this pic from wiki b/c I couldn't find another explanation. Tnx.

Attachments

• Natures Wheel.jpg
    Natures Wheel.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 19

DeletedUser54161

@Rachel.L
"The percentages are correct. The bright color only highlights the more valuable rewards, but has nothing more to do with the likelihood."

"In addition, the values change yes, if you turn a second or third time.
The changed probabilities were not mentioned in the changelog, but we will include them in the upcoming announcement for the event."

* Faey on the .DE forums

**Hope that answers your question, if not I'll try again:) Sent you a PM as well.
Cheers

Edit: 5.14.2018
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/top-12-helio.60473/page-9#post-1036455
Information Regarding The Upcoming Event
Release Date:~17th/24th of May
InnoGames today announced the Event "Chronos' Wheel of Time" at Beta. This is identical to the well-known event "The natural wheel of time". At the beta the event starts tomorrow at 10 o'clock. You can test as usual at zz.grepolis.com

How it works
- The event consists of 24 lucky wheels. Every day another one is unlocked. You can only do this for free on the day of activation! If you miss the free spin you have to invest gold to have a shot at the bonuses you want.
- Each Wheel of Fortune contains 6 rewards that are revealed to you. So you know in advance what you can get in the bike. Unlike the Christmas wheel of fortune, there seems to be no "rating" of the rewards. That means the chance of each bonus is exactly 1/6.
- Rewards do not have to be spent immediately or packed into the inventory. You can also leave them in the event (but you have to spend them until the end of the event).
- Every day there is a reward that gives you an additional "Sacred Branch", should you receive it. If you have 5 Sacred Branches you will receive a hero. This is not very strong. As a rule, the 24 free shoots are enough to get the hero.

Period:
- The event will run for 24 days.
- It starts on May 3 at 10 clock on the beta
- on the live worlds, it is not yet announced. Expected is the 17th - 21st May.

Rewards:
- Nothing is known about the exact rewards. However, you can expect the usual rewards (acumen, units, Tyche's blessings, favor, land extensions and things like Trojan and rituals).
- A new hero is being played in the event. This is called Ajax and strengthens the attack and defense power of Hoplites by 16.5- 45%. You can find a picture below.

Gold Insert:
- This event category is the most expensive one at Grepolis! Getting all 6 rewards from a wheel of fortune costs 2,100 gold, and if you're not spinning all the wheels, you have no guarantee that you'll get the bonuses you're looking for! So think about whether you are willing to pay 2100 gold for the bonuses.
This event unconsciously entices you to huge gold expenses. Once you have rotated 2x (still relatively cheap), you really want to continue, because you have already invested gold. Do not fall for it and keep in mind that turning at the end costs 2100 gold per wheel.

- Exact costs:
- 1st turn = Free, 2nd turn = 200 gold, ...., 6th turn = 600 gold. Total: 2100 gold per wheel of fortune
- Replenish wheel of fortune: Price not yet confirmed, but probably 50 or 100 gold.

Spoiler: Hero Ajax
App:
This event is playable via the app

32427948ty.jpg
32579473ad.jpg
*"The bright color only highlights the more valuable rewards, but has nothing more to do with the likelihood."
**"Name was changed from Nature Wheel of Time to Chronos Wheel of Time as the Nature Wheel of Time did not please you or us""
***Note that Changelog 2.152 stated "Chances are indicated by the background color in the wheel. The brighter the field lights, the lower the chances of getting this item while spinning." which decision was reversed for this wheel.
****The Event is currently on the .Beta if you wish to give feedback, and is subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluvisol

Phrourach
And as per usual, something was actually changed for the better and nobody will comment on it, normally a few people are already here before the event even starts to complain :D
Good job on making the first wheel equal percentages, a number of people (including myself though I don't think I did it on the forums) had suggested that, it's great to see the team listening to feedback

DeletedUser55100

Listening to feedback LOL.... your having a laugh aren't you LOL

the fact that we have even got YET ANOTHER DAMN EVENT kinda renders that statement ridiculous.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
And as per usual, something was actually changed for the better and nobody will comment on it, normally a few people are already here before the event even starts to complain :D
Good job on making the first wheel equal percentages, a number of people (including myself though I don't think I did it on the forums) had suggested that, it's great to see the team listening to feedback
wasn't complaining; was asking a question
like you fluv but learn to read
and the reply by @Loves You with all the links was edited to remove the info (don't know why)
was waiting to hear from BT before making any comment (good or bad)

DeletedUser34939

Not sure how anyone else is doing here but the damn wheel keeps loading every other time I push a button on the AP. That's really annoying.

How much gold to get it to stop doing that?

DeletedUser55654

Not sure how anyone else is doing here but the damn wheel keeps loading every other time I push a button on the AP. That's really annoying.

How much gold to get it to stop doing that?
Same... This is real crap annoying

DeletedUser55657

gotta agree.. considering Christmas wheel had 5% chance on rare tokens this is better for sure.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Based on testing I did on the beta server it seems that every day the prizes are an equal probability so 16% of getting any of the 6. When you get one of the prizes the percentages adjust. So with all 6 prizes available you have a 16% chance and if you respin with the 5 remaining you have a 20% chance of getting one of those remaining items.

DeletedUser54192

They did make all the percentages equal, so it shows that at least some of our feedback is being listened to (the majority of the feedback from the last wheel event was in the form of complaints about how the skewed percentages were a negative change).

However it is annoying that yet another update was released which damaged app functionality. I missed a number of snipes on en105 (including for a city which was subsequently lost but only just) because I had pop-ups appear when changing between cities, trying to send troops, or activate militia (both event pop-ups and error messages telling me to login again when I didn't actually have to (could just close the window, but that delayed timings for things)).

In summary, thank you for taking this event back to the preferred format, but perhaps the app-implementation needs a fix (if it hasn't already been done - I haven't been on the app today).

DeletedUser54892

It is nice simple probability problem to count your chances to win a hero given you roll the wheel once a day, 24 times. The answer is about 94%, so one need to be very unlucky not to win Ajax.