Siege Time is Too Long

DeletedUser49104

I just don't get the point of this, i am a revolt noob but bare with me. The point has been made that ls can get anywhere in the world within 12 hours. Surely that means bir and dlu can get anywhere within 12 hours too? am i missing something? the setting is equal to everyone! if you rely solely on working out where the person is from and trying to sneak in a ninja CS while they are sleeping does that make you a good player or does it make you incapable of taking the city when the player is awake?... This setting is a setting and equally benefits all parties as all have equal TT and even the most active/inactive of players deserve a chance of defending themselves against multiple timezones, dont play the EN server if you want to prey on a differing timezone... play the server of that timezone.

Settings are equal for both defence and offence

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48583

grepointel current has 3k+ ppl playing 109
14/3000 is not most
i see a ton of likes for all the posts telling you to put on your big boy pants and man up
just b/c you are the loudest whiner doesn't make your opinion the most valid

Charlie has a valid point complaining on this matter, for those who spent years playing on fast conquest worlds the settings make no sense and is a legit kick in the teeth to the players who invest time and money into the game. 8 hours for the siege is most understanding for this speed. 12 is too much given the distance that players can reach now.

DeletedUser34939

Neily it’s not about trying to end a siege before someone wakes up it’s how long it ties up the support. If you sleep through the first 3 hrs of a siege the city is probably lost unless the player you have in siege has a much much bigger alliance than the attackers alliance and can field an overwhelming amount of breakers.

12 or 8 hours makes no difference when CSing someone who is asleep and doesn’t have an alarm.

The problem is that it ties up so much support for so long. The majority of the time we are talking hours and hours after the siege has already been won and now we are just twiddling our thumbs waiting for it to officially end.

If your alliance is regularly trying to break a siege in the 9th hour you are probably not in a very good alliance.

DeletedUser49104

My point, however, remains. Whether they are trying to break it in the 9th or save it in the 9th isnt relevant. If they only try to break it then there should be sufficient defence to stop it as timing is the same. It just benefits the most active bigger boys... Revolt is ALWAYS a 24 hour process meaning that you have 12 hours to even begin getting defence there to stop a takeover and yet we are noobs?

<My point is that this setting is equal to all so it isn't a disadvantage to either side unless you are only trying to take a city knowing a player SHOULD be offline

I'm not trying to be argumentative or annoying but i'm struggling to see the problem when it is a setting that is equal both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachel.L

Phrourach
3000?!!! Have you ever seen mere then 30 active people on the externals?
i didn't say on the externals
i said on the server... pay attention please
my point is a few ppl are here complaining out of all the ppl PLAYING
charlie said most ppl want it changed
in actuality the majority of those ig are NOT here saying there is a problem

beside all this discussion is moot
in another thread where there is also complaining, two mods have posted and there is nothing being done, that they can do
so all you are doing here is bellyaching
send in a ticket, bug the devs, or do something else

i didn't say on the externals
i said on the server... pay attention please
my point is a few ppl are here complaining out of all the ppl PLAYING
charlie said most ppl want it changed
in actuality the majority of those ig are NOT here saying there is a problem

beside all this discussion is moot
in another thread where there is also complaining, two mods have posted and there is nothing being done, that they can do
so all you are doing here is bellyaching
send in a ticket, bug the devs, or do something else
Even if, they can still do so here in a thread made specifically to complain about it lol it's not like you or the mods can do anything about it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34939

My point, however, remains. Whether they are trying to break it in the 9th or save it in the 9th isnt relevant. If they only try to break it then there should be sufficient defence to stop it as timing is the same. It just benefits the most active bigger boys... Revolt is ALWAYS a 24 hour process meaning that you have 12 hours to even begin getting defence there to stop a takeover and yet we are noobs?

<My point is that this setting is equal to all so it isn't a disadvantage to either side unless you are only trying to take a city knowing a player SHOULD be offline

I'm not trying to be argumentative or annoying but i'm struggling to see the problem when it is a setting that is equal both ways.

Wanting shorter siege times has nothing to do with gaining an advantage and everything to do with livening up the pace. As you said 12 hr siege times being equal for all gives nobody an advantage. The same goes for 8 hr siege times.

DeletedUser55069

Charlie has a valid point complaining on this matter, for those who spent years playing on fast conquest worlds the settings make no sense and is a legit kick in the teeth to the players who invest time and money into the game. 8 hours for the siege is most understanding for this speed. 12 is too much given the distance that players can reach now.
Too much for the experienced players? Will your opponents fight back? Oh sorry... figure it out...

The problem is that it ties up so much support for so long. The majority of the time we are talking hours and hours after the siege has already been won and now we are just twiddling our thumbs waiting for it to officially end.

If your alliance is regularly trying to break a siege in the 9th hour you are probably not in a very good alliance.
That's the point... which team can organize support better.
Instead of everyone supporting their own Sieges and cry for alliance help when there are incoming attacks players will have to pull or massive rebuild until they realize it has to be teamwork that starts with planning - landing is easy.
More players will have to cooperate, build more support less or zero LTS to spare them for Siege support. Less population to break Sieges = eventually won't be that hard to hold Sieges. Harder on core alliances than usual, targets are more limited in general. Low morale drivers won't spoil this world. Perfect fix for Heliopolis, if you don't like the long Siege time of 109 then play 107, it's only 3 months old. :)

DeletedUser55187

His resource production is way lower than it should be with Merchant active plus happiness and resource boosts. I checked my cities and 1 of them is too low as well, for all 3 resources.

DeletedUser55069

His resource production is way lower than it should be with Merchant active plus happiness and resource boosts. I checked my cities and 1 of them is too low as well, for all 3 resources.
yeah something is not ok, I should have 1119 wood production and get 1273 instead.
the founded city is fine
upload_2018-7-29_18-55-25.png

DeletedUser38223

I messaged support and they were pretty quick at fixing the problem.

As for siege times I thought the times for everything other then tts are supposed to be (world speed 1 times) divided by (world speed X) or in the case 24hrs/4 = 6hr siege time?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
the fact that i have merchant, happiness and improved res production all activated and my wood production is still less then if I had just merchant activated.
since you didn't note the exact lvl of the bdg, i wasn't sure
why i asked
glad you sent a tix and got it fixed
if monkey and molinillo have the same issue, then it may be server-wide

DeletedUser47953

I messaged support and they were pretty quick at fixing the problem.

As for siege times I thought the times for everything other then tts are supposed to be (world speed 1 times) divided by (world speed X) or in the case 24hrs/4 = 6hr siege time?
World build speed is 4, troops speed here is 2. 24/2= 12 for siege time...

DeletedUser38223

World build speed is 4, troops speed here is 2. 24/2= 12 for siege time...
I see, then forum needs updating says troop speed is 3 and alliance cap is 33 even though 4 top 12 alliance have over that amount