Top 12 top 12 sink or swim

DeletedUser14786

Tassies - would love to see your top 12. I can't be bothered to do one myself at the moment.

Also you and I are likely to lose the argument regarding founding-as-a-strategy... a lot of players swear it's the greatest thing. I did it on EN105 when there was a 60% build-time bonus... but that is pretty much the only time I've done it. IMO the issue is, it generally slows down an alliance's growth to have to build up cities from scratch. But who needs fast growth? It's not like this is domination or anything/
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

DeletedUser55961

We recently received notifications from players that Skud and others have been contacting Thermopylae and have been attempting to poach players from our team, Because they fail to break us even with 5 alliances against 1...

Today Del2 and Rasken73 betrayed their team and fell for the snake oil sales pitch. These players are both amateur players and cowards that failed to support the team and were always selfish solo players while they were part of Thermo, I guess they will fit in there with the other 300 people. Everyone should know that they are not to be trusted. They will regret it when they realize that only 60 players could actually win here anyway and they were simply pawns for others benefit.

DeletedUser55961

So, it’s been six days since I posted my last top 12 and I decided to have another go and see how the world is developing, sorry its going to be a long one, probably going to need multiple posts. I’ve had a few people ask me what alliance I am in. So, I am gonna level with you folks, my alliance embarrassingly isn’t even in the top 20, mostly because I am not really playing this world seriously. So, I am mostly an impartial member of the public, I do have friends in 5 of the top 12 so I do get some information from them, but I am trying my best be impartial. This top 12 does not count academies and sisters so for this one numbers 1-15 will be included. Let me know what you think, if you think I am wrong so on and so forth, lets keep the top 12 on track for a day lol. All the city takes are from the last 7 days and are solely from the other top 12 alliances featured on this list.

world_view.png

Confetti, Guild of Infidels & Confetti Overload
Current Position: 1st, 7th & 33rd
As Attackers: 1st, 11th & 34th
As Defenders: 3rd, 12th & 42nd
Number of Players: 57, 42 & 6 Total: 105
Current City Takes: 36 from Thermo family, 2 from The Blame Game, 19 from KAOS, 1 from Sons Family, 1 from FAIL
Colour: Red
Confetti.png

Not much has changed here, Confetti still sits at the top of the heap, still looking strong. Winning their wars with KAOS and Thermo, looks like a few of their players have clashed with others but up until now that’s just a side focus. Their grouping is a bit all over, nice long line down into 55, question remains as to which ocean they plan to dominate or is it they don’t care for oceans right now rather just going where their main food is? If that is the case I hope they’re gearing up for the competition. Poop and Kron don’t usually like sharing from what I remember, they’ll cuddle anyone if they stay out their oceans. Which doesn’t seem to be the case right now. Will be fun to watch this develop. As it stands now they are one of the favourites for winning the world. But only time will tell.

Thermopylae, Thermopylae II & Mobius
Current Position: 2nd, 13th & 17th
As Attackers: 7th, 9th & 18th
As Defenders: 1st, 7th & 18th
Number of Players: 58, 44 & 46 Total: 148
Current City Takes: 1 from Confetti Family, 1 city from KAOS, 1 from Sons Family
Colour: Green
Thermo.png

They are twenty players down from 6 days ago, and more than enough cities down to safely say they are not a massive contender. Poor leadership is probably the biggest issue here, perhaps if they had a leader that read the map and made wise choices instead of spending more time on the forum than he does doing diplomacy. I’m thinking we will be seeing a decline again in a weeks’ time as more lose their cities or abandon ship. Grouping is probably the worst out of the entire top 12 and that’s taking into consideration True Fear have cities in ocean 11. When you overlay Thermo and Confetti on the map the interesting thing is they are almost identical. Confetti are going at them hard and will not stop until they're gone. To all but Criki I wish the best of luck.

Sons of Odin & Sons of Thor
Current Position: 3rd & 10th
As Attackers: 2nd & 20th
As Defenders: 14th & 21st
Number of Players: 54 & 42
Current City Takes: 1 from The Blame Game, 4 from Confetti Family, 11 from Grepo Addicts, 2 from Never Walk Alone
Colour: Dark Blue
Sons.png

For the most part tightly grouped but could improve massively. They still aren’t being challenged enough for my liking. My biggest issue with this group was done here in this forum. DonP just a few pages back complained about the entire world cuddling then merged with LoD, though he seems to believe that is not the case. Truth is he took in the ones that could be of some use, left the edible one and the ones who refused or perhaps those who were a little too hard to handle. Those who know him will all admit Kurbads. Is a prized wingnut I can understand why he wasn’t amongst those taken. I’m thinking that so far Sons have only really op’d LoD and instead when the going got tough they merged. Killing browns and smaller alliances does not a warrior make. They are having skirmishes not wars. Hypocrite alert is needed here. I don’t see them as lasting to the end of the world, nor do I consider them a contender for domination. When real alliances come to fight that is when their test shall truly begin. Although Bravo on now having the handsomest Tom on the server.

VELHA GUARDA
Current Position: 4th
As Attackers: 3rd
As Defenders: 16th
Number of Players: 55
Current City Takes: 3 from Fail
Colour: Purple
VG.png

From what I can tell these players haven’t really been fighting anyone of consequence, nor have they been properly tested yet. I’m still reserving judgement as it could be they are just sitting back and waiting for the opportunity to fight. Which as a team that doesn’t know most the big names on this board is probably the wisest play they could make at this point. We will see what the future brings, their grouping is weak, they have some cities grouped but they are fanned out across ocean 54.

The Blame Game
Current Position: 5th
As Attackers: 4th
As Defenders: 8th
Number of Players: 55
Current City Takes: 3 from KAOS, 10 from Thermo Family,
Colour: Yellow
TBG.png

Grouping is strong, some players have gone off on their own which is not a huge surprise for this alliance since it is filled with BP lovers no doubt setting up bp traps, still considerably smaller than some of the other alliances along this route. Fighting Thermo, appear to be winning, so perhaps there is some cuddling going on with Confetti, or perhaps not. We shall see. It’s an awkward one to say whether I think they stand a chance at domination. This group is one of those that could go either way and definitely one to watch.

nice to see another biased post from theguardian now, funny how you blame leadership when the only cities we lost were from inactive/amatuer players who only joined us from this server, Also you claim that I do not read the map, Incase you didn't notice confetti had 3 alliances spawn around us to box us in, so where excatly do we go? they even bring in 2 additional allies to help fight us and continue to poach our players.. Really amazing team Aren't they?

I am barely on the forum but you on the other hand never seem to stop posting on it, your just an MRA fanboy.

DeletedUser55773

In other news, VG is founding en masse around FAIL. I guess if you can't take cities from players who are online...
I mean it's a fair consideration that all those cities will count towards the domination total so actually they could well be setting themselves up better than others for all we know

DeletedUser55892

We recently received notifications from players that Skud and others have been contacting Thermopylae and have been attempting to poach players from our team, Because they fail to break us even with 5 alliances against 1...

Today Del2 and Rasken73 betrayed their team and fell for the snake oil sales pitch. These players are both amateur players and cowards that failed to support the team and were always selfish solo players while they were part of Thermo, I guess they will fit in there with the other 300 people. Everyone should know that they are not to be trusted. They will regret it when they realize that only 60 players could actually win here anyway and they were simply pawns for others benefit.
Hate to do this but the last part you said about using people as pawns...but weren't you the one that said that you exclusively invited people to your alliance for food?

King Soos

Strategos

you had it coming, u merged 3 allainces together on mesembria, you were bound to take with you alot of dead weight

DeletedUser41523

Not wanting to be in a bad alliance with a guy that makes himself public enemy number one. Crazy concept.

DeletedUser41456

Not the first time Del2 snakes around. He did that in Ithica...near WW time.

DeletedUser55741

nice to see another biased post from theguardian now, funny how you blame leadership when the only cities we lost were from inactive/amatuer players who only joined us from this server, Also you claim that I do not read the map, Incase you didn't notice confetti had 3 alliances spawn around us to box us in, so where excatly do we go? they even bring in 2 additional allies to help fight us and continue to poach our players.. Really amazing team Aren't they?

I am barely on the forum but you on the other hand never seem to stop posting on it, your just an MRA fanboy.
MRA fanboy? I'm insulted I've gone out of my way to prove I don't like you!

DeletedUser55998

Aye Novus en mass joined fail already cept the few that went to confetti overload.