Get Domination Right

DeletedUser23222

Reading through this entire thing, I have to say I support one huge server. Your complaints about language- well, English players play w/ English and Korean play with Korean, not that hard really. All you need communication between alliances is for diplo which convos can be kept short and sweet to talk diplo, and for those short talks use google translate lol. It's really not difficult guys. The server I'm currently playing I'm fighting a Korean team, in EN and they did very well for awhile until my alliance simply started winning the battles & playing smarter, and we had better diplo. As stated before, allow each player to choose the language. not a big deal. and for NB, yes sure you don't have that, but maybe allow each player to choose a 6 hour period where they personally get a night bonus. ex.
player 1 has NB from 00:00:00 till 6:00
player 2 attacks, and on attack screen NB time is stated so attacking player is aware that person has NB at that time.
did I just solve both issues? lol

Your statement about fighting a Korean alliance in an English speaking server overlooks several problems and is inconsistent with our experience in the same circumstance.

First of all, the claim that Google Translate can be used to translate Korean to English and back, while technically true, is practically false. Most translated messages are just gibberish. Hilarious in fact, but so frustrating. We finally found a Korean-American player who explained that Korean is very hard to translate to start with, and worse, most Korean gamers use a slang version of Korean that is meaningless when translated. She advised us that we could not conduct diplomacy without a human translator.

The Korean alliance was completely insular. There was no diplomacy, no pacts, no spies, no recruiting, no defectors, no deceptions, no threats, no praise, no trash talk. Nada. Boring as hell. Like fighting a bot.

More troublesome, you had to be Korean to join their team and their mates would never play with non-Koreans. In short, they discriminated against everyone else based on language and origin/race.

The Koreans had violated two basic game rules...

Rule 2... As the game is localized in several versions, players shall always use the language (ENGLISH) in this version, this applies, but is not limited to messages, player profiles and such.

Rule 5... It is forbidden to discriminate against players based on, but not limited to their origins, race, religion, creed, sex, disability, age or any relevant category.

These rules were created for good reasons. We had several tense discussions with the game mods and finally a community manager. Inno agreed this was a de facto violation of the rules but seemed helpless and reluctant to act.

Korea was on the other side of the world. Night was day there. The entire Korean alliance was waking up and active when we were going to sleep. Of course the opposite was true when we woke up. How much fun was that? I got maybe four hours of sleep a night for four months until we ghosted. IT JUST WASN'T FUN.

This unhappy experience will become the new norm if you force the shrinking player base into one giant Tower of Babel, 24 time zone server.

DeletedUser36530

Your statement about fighting a Korean alliance in an English speaking server overlooks several problems and is inconsistent with our experience in the same circumstance.

First of all, the claim that Google Translate can be used to translate Korean to English and back, while technically true, is practically false. Most translated messages are just gibberish. Hilarious in fact, but so frustrating. We finally found a Korean-American player who explained that Korean is very hard to translate to start with, and worse, most Korean gamers use a slang version of Korean that is meaningless when translated. She advised us that we could not conduct diplomacy without a human translator.

The Korean alliance was completely insular. There was no diplomacy, no pacts, no spies, no recruiting, no defectors, no deceptions, no threats, no praise, no trash talk. Nada. Boring as hell. Like fighting a bot.

More troublesome, you had to be Korean to join their team and their mates would never play with non-Koreans. In short, they discriminated against everyone else based on language and origin/race.

The Koreans had violated two basic game rules...

Rule 2... As the game is localized in several versions, players shall always use the language (ENGLISH) in this version, this applies, but is not limited to messages, player profiles and such.

Rule 5... It is forbidden to discriminate against players based on, but not limited to their origins, race, religion, creed, sex, disability, age or any relevant category.

These rules were created for good reasons. We had several tense discussions with the game mods and finally a community manager. Inno agreed this was a de facto violation of the rules but seemed helpless and reluctant to act.

Korea was on the other side of the world. Night was day there. The entire Korean alliance was waking up and active when we were going to sleep. Of course the opposite was true when we woke up. How much fun was that? I got maybe four hours of sleep a night for four months until we ghosted. IT JUST WASN'T FUN.

This unhappy experience will become the new norm if you force the shrinking player base into one giant Tower of Babel, 24 time zone server.
First of all who cares if they discriminate? are you really crying Someone discriminated against you to make the game easier to play for everyone? Korean speakers SHOULD stick with Korean speakers, English w/ English etc etc. Unless, a certain player has a good translation tool & didn't mind being in a different language speaking alliance. as far as communication then goes, find a way to translate the words "lets be friends?" and that's the only diplo convo you need really, because people don't typically ask to go to war. The scenario you described is nothing more than nooby Koreans, who cares if they fight nobody? the Korean alliance in my world has fought lots of people and are very fun to fight against. never once talked to them, just fight & that's all you need in a WAR game. If you don't like time zones, play a slower world for sleep. Like fast paced? Then my suggestion of each player being able to choose their own 4-6 hour NB makes perfect sense and wouldn't actually be very hard to implement.