Player Council 2nd Term: Discussion

DeletedUser44426

feel free to make changes to this copy plz do but be more kind this time or give me some one who is kind and not disrespectful because we (as in all the players) would like to see all the gods and goddesses in the game. If you keep being a jerk i will start being a jerk back!!!

Now it's my turn to play TDA. Nobody here is being a jerk to you, you just can' take the criticism of your outlandish ideas. Now your either ignorant, or just to young to get that through your head. Both of your proposed Gods ideas are both wildly unbalanced, and they don't belong in this thread, they belong in a thread under the Ideas section.

DeletedUser55934

first of the god of war is ares and nemesis is the goddesses of revenge and did you not get the point that i said make any changes you would like and some were being jerks

G-Fight

Chiliarch
Ares
Ares is the god of war.
what ever you guys or girls feel like saying about him.
Athena is already in the game as Goddess of war, maybe only from the non-violent side of war, but still war.

1) battering ram----- destroys 4-6 levels of the wall mana 150
so, Earthquake spell from poseidon that costs 200 less favour and does more damage to the wall? (EQ is 1-3 lvls)

2) troublemaker----- causes a revolt in the city for 2 hours and 30 minutes mana 375
That will remove a part of the fighting aspect, in this game, conquering cities is in 2 steps, in revolt are those steps, attack to revolt, and attack to conquer (12hrs later). If you remove the first one, you can literally just take multiple cities of people in a few minutes when they're offline/sleeping etc. Would be hugely unbalanced.

And how would this even work in siege worlds?

4) destruction-------- if you send ares's rams of to battle and you use this spell
his rams will choose 3 random buildings and take 1 level from each of them mana 300
Using catapults with "Stone Hail" researched would do the same thing, only with only damaging one building with possibly multiple levels.

Mythical units
Divine envoy
ram
bear
Catapults are already in game, so is the Caledonian Boar (Artemis MU)

1) de-desire------ gives the attacking land and navel units
fight with 20% more strength mana 70
The same effect as "Heroic Power" as Athena. Only stronger (20% instead of 10%) and cheaper (70 Favour instead of 200) Hugely unbalanced and not needed.

Or the same effect as "Improved Attack" token you can get with Island Quests

2) non-heroic power--- land units become 20% weaker in
the next battle mana 100

So a stronger desire (Hera), that is cheaper (70 favour instead of 140) Again, a stupid overpowered recycled ability that is already in game.
3) no more plague---- increases the basic resources production
in the selectes city by 70% for 4 hours mana 125

"Happiness" of Hera improves resource production with 50% for 12 hours. This is again already in game.
4) rebuilding from destruction---- when you get attacked from
ares and he used destruction if you use this spell thoose buildings
that he knocked down 1 level will regain 2 levels mana 150
Just build it ...

All your spell suggestions are either already in game or blatantly overpowered and way too cheap.

DeletedUser54192

We post suggestions here right? Well I'm pretty sure the tutorial at the start of the game, when it tells you to "either found or conquer" a city for your second city, doesn't teach the player on how to actually conquer a city, which might be problematic for new players not exactly knowing on what they're doing, I'm not sure exactly why it isn't implemented, but they should have a quest or just a tutorial at some point on how to conquer a city, also having that quest either specific to the world (revolt/conquest) or just teach both
Good point. I'll get that into discussion on council.

It is good to post suggestions here, it just needs to be in the right way. A simple suggestion like this one is fine to post here. More detailed/complicated ones are good to post here, but probably better to make a thread in the Ideas forum, then summarise it here with a link to the main thread. (That's my personal opinion, not an official stance.)

DeletedUser36697

Ares
Ares is the god of war.
what ever you guys or girls feel like saying about him.

Divine powers
1) battering ram----- destroys 4-6 levels of the wall mana 150
2) troublemaker----- causes a revolt in the city for 2 hours and 30 minutes mana 375
3) bears for days------ you will recieve 2 rams of ares mana 50
4) destruction-------- if you send ares's rams of to battle and you use this spell
his rams will choose 3 random buildings and take 1 level from each of them mana 300

Mythical units
Divine envoy
ram
bear

Nemesis
Nemesis is the goddess of revenge
what ever you guys or girls feel like writing about her.

Divine powers
1) de-desire------ gives the attacking land and navel units
fight with 20% more strength mana 70
2) non-heroic power--- land units become 20% weaker in
the next battle mana 100
3) no more plague---- increases the basic resources production
in the selectes city by 70% for 4 hours mana 125
4) rebuilding from destruction---- when you get attacked from
ares and he used destruction if you use this spell thoose buildings
that he knocked down 1 level will regain 2 levels mana 150

Mythical units
Divine envoy
Arachne
spirit of revenge

feel free to make changes to this copy plz do but be more kind this time or give me some one who is kind and not disrespectful because we (as in all the players) would like to see all the gods and goddesses in the game. If you keep being a jerk i will start being a jerk back!!!

whom are the WE you speak of, why the threats and are you now the spokesman for the All THE PLAYERS////
you sound like what you threaten to become ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachel.L

Phrourach
hey, @Baudin Toolan, did we suddenly lose all gpc members but kal?
fluv and task are no longer designated as local council
and if we added to our group so we were complete, those members have been lost as well
not sure about a 4th and 5th as no announcement was made
those spots have been filled, right?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Fluv and Task are still members they just have a different usergroup that lacks the council title which I wasn't aware of until just now. So I'll fix that today. As for the 4 and 5 spots no luck there so far. Most of the people further down the list are not active on the forum which is where they need to be active so they can talk to the community and gather your input.

destroxxi

Phrourach
Here is my only suggestion I am fine with playing any change in gameplay in mechanics or such. But how about approaching the need to fix Customer support with a proper set of guidelines and punishments, as well as how they are detected and issued. Honestly yes WW got stale for a lot of the older players but a lot of older players also left because of the customer support directly related to grepo.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
I am aiming to get an update out sometime tomorrow. Apologies for the lack of contact.

I would note that council activity in general has decreased in recent weeks, due to the way in which we feel we have been treated by the staff interacting with us. It's not a proper excuse, I know that, but I hope you would agree that it can be hard to remain motivated when the majority of the responses you receive are unsatisfactory in some way or another.

Kal, thank you and the rest of GPC for your continued work. Players have noticed a lack of responsiveness from inno so I can't imagine the frustration you feeling working with them directly.

Multiple servers have complaints about IG mods being unavailable or unresponsive, even more than before. Questions asked in the forums are not answered by mods, even when promised a response. There has been no dev blog post for countless months and the devs have removed the feature allowing players to post questions/ comments. It appears that inno thinks players should be happy to have a new end game, regardless of all other issues. I know grepo isn't the main money maker for inno but if they keep driving players away, it will be 100% dead rather than just crawling.

DeletedUser54192

Do you know when Staff will start responding to questions raised ? What's the point of a council if staff are doing nothing ..
Apologies, but we don't know. They might be on vacation, they have "read it and not decided how to respond", they might not like the questions, or they just might not care. There's no real way to know/prove what the case is.

Also, please could you keep all replies on this thread rather than the updates thread? That way we can keep the updates thread clean. :)

DeletedUser55972

Apologies, but we don't know. They might be on vacation, they have "read it and not decided how to respond", they might not like the questions, or they just might not care. There's no real way to know/prove what the case is.

Also, please could you keep all replies on this thread rather than the updates thread? That way we can keep the updates thread clean. :)

Ah ok , will delete that sorry. It's quite abysmal ... we had a forum event lined up for the start of the month according to @Baudin Toolan but still no sign of a forum competition ..

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Hello. Time for the weekly update, but I'm afraid that there isn't really much to update on.
  • There have been no posts from the staff all week, to questions that have been posted since at least 8th October. Given the futility of chasing them for updates (believe me, we've tried, and it doesn't seem to hurry them up the vast majority of the time), we're just going to wait 'patiently' until they decide that it's worth honouring us with a reply.
Apologies for having so little to report back on. Hopefully in the coming week we will see some signs of life from those who say they want our opinions.

sorry, why do we have a gpc?
"The goal of this project remains to give our players a better chance to provide input and make suggestions, to get into more direct contact with us as the developers of the game, and to become another panel for professional and active feedback in addition to our forums, our Community Management teams and partners inside and outside of InnoGames."

a year ago, inno wasn't listening to players (at least EN players) and this was supposed to be the small window of opportunity to gain insight and info
but a yr ago, there were dev blog posts and players could respond and other platforms had devs posting in the forum explaining items
all that has stopped
IG mods aren't answering tickets and forum mods seem overwhelmed with things to do as it takes multiple prompts to get promised items
it seems we have moved backward rather than forward
i don't know how the new LCM believes she is fulfilling this promise of inclusion
perhaps it's as they are saying in skype, inno is actively trying to have grepo die
that would suck for them and us

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
It seems like Innogames just doesnt care about the players and even the player COUNCIL..That doesnt sound like Inno at all! :rolleyes:

A new event with no gold-usage in it! How sweet of Inno..They are really trying to stop the Pay 2 win factor!

"InnoGames reports revenue growth of 24% last year, up to €161.5m" https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-02-20-innogames-reports-revenue-growth-of-24-percent-up-to-161-5m

and grepolis is still a freaking pay 2 win game, even though it probably is their least earning game

DeletedUser54663

how do you think this game continues? you think the developers get this site for free? no, its gold buyers who keep this game going so stop the damn complaining about it being a pay to win. if you go look at all games being produced today, they all are like that so if you are just going to sit there and cry about it, why not just quit playing all games that are made today?

kal, its a shame that not even the player council is even cared about. what is even the point of having a player council in the first place if this is the case?

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
how do you think this game continues? you think the developers get this site for free? no, its gold buyers who keep this game going so stop the damn complaining about it being a pay to win. if you go look at all games being produced today, they all are like that so if you are just going to sit there and cry about it, why not just quit playing all games that are made today?

kal, its a shame that not even the player council is even cared about. what is even the point of having a player council in the first place if this is the case?
Last time i checked, the 2 biggest games in the world is completely play for free.

Thats some retarded logic you have there...you see something that a lot of people dislike but you want them to shut up and accept it.
So what a lot of games have this kind of bs that doesnt make it any less wrong.
IF enough people complain about it then maybe something will change look at battlefront 2.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
... There have been no posts from InnoGames staff members in the Inner Council forum since my last update. This ... puts us at a bit of an impasse... we haven't come across much solid information about what the future holds for us or the GPC in general.

Makes me wonder if the new LCM has decided to get rid of all projects of the old LCM and devs, including the GPC, dev blog, app development, and other projects that the players have had a hand in creating or providing ideas/ expertise. Since the GPC term is almost up and we had announcements for new volunteers by this point in the last go around, is this a sign of the end of GPC or just people behind in duties?

DeletedUser55069

Makes me wonder if the new LCM has decided to get rid of all projects of the old LCM and devs, including the GPC, dev blog, app development, and other projects that the players have had a hand in creating or providing ideas/ expertise. Since the GPC term is almost up and we had announcements for new volunteers by this point in the last go around, is this a sign of the end of GPC or just people behind in duties?

Bear in mind that they delivered a new endgame (domination) and a new world type (casual worlds) within the last 6 months which is unprecedented progress in the history of Grepolis. The app development hasn't stopped, but the main tasks were how to integrate the new endgame and now the brand new casual world features. Filling the position of Steffi, the previous LCM couldn't be easy with so many running projects that she did as routine after 3 years (?), but I doubt that only Anna in one person would be responsible for the lack of communication rather that they are all loaded with higher priority work. GPC was an excellent concept but it's still half-baked and could easily keep busy a whole person from Innogames if they had the manpower.

There are no official answers to your questions yet, the reason I took the mic form @Kal Gordon is that I recently got some response as result of my constant poking: it is under deliberation whether GPC will continue, they will evaluate the program and inform us about the decision when that happened. It's not exactly over yet, but not much happens... hunger games between the GPC members...