Attack of the Hydra Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On November 6th the Attack of the Hydra event will begin. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread.

DeletedUser54192

@Baudin Toolan, I don't suppose you'd be able to answer this: why has this event been altered from Hades' Portal in order to make inferior? The missions now take significantly longer, have a much lower chance of success and a greatly increased chance of losing the troops sent on the mission. (The individual quest rewards have been increased, but seem to work out approximately the same when you consider the increased quest time.) The event duration has been increased from 4 days to 7 days, undoubtedly to give us more time to collect the heads for the final reward, but I don't know if this will be enough, given that the time to obtain each head has been increased by a lot, lot more than double. And that brings me onto the topic of the final reward: they have halved the number of land expansions obtained when you finally collect all the objects. (Hades' Portal had a final reward of 6 +100 Land Expansions, while Attack of the Hydra only gives out 3 +100 Land Expansions.)

Note: I have asked this question multiple times on the Inner Council forum, but it was repeatedly ignored by the Lead Community Manager in her replies (and the Lead Developer is still completely absent from that forum).

DeletedUser48256

Kal, it's Inno. What do you expect lol? Soon we might have to pay gold to use the forum
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif

DeletedUser54192

Kal, it's Inno. What do you expect lol? Soon we might have to pay gold to use the forum
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif
I would be inclined to agree in most cases. But it doesn't really make sense in this particular case, as this event (as with Hades' Portal) has absolutely no gold use in it that I have seen on the wiki or in looking at the information in-game on the beta server. So InnoGames gain nothing from making this event more difficult and more frustrating, except more frustrated players.

I do not know why the event was changed in difficulty, length, and reward amounts. I will certainly ask though.
Thank you. I hope you have more luck than I did. (The LCM was intentionally ignoring that particular question, which implies that they either didn't think we'd notice, or that there isn't a good/acceptable reason for doing so.)

DeletedUser54192

Am I the only one slightly confused by the text in this event?

• The event information states that your troops always have a chance of capturing a hydra head. When you have collected all 6 heads, you have the option to burn them to receive the overall event reward.
  • I've sent missions on several worlds. Each one has told me on completion that the troops I sent were successful, and that I may be able to burn the hydra. However no hydra head appears on the event screen, even after reading the battle report and accepting the reward.
Screenshot_717.png

So, what's the confusion?

• The success report seems incorrect:
    • No hydra head is received.
    • The units I sent died.
    • You receive the resource and favour rewards no matter the result of the mission.
  • "might be able to burn the hydra". The event information states that burning is the option when you have captured 6 heads. As such, there should be no "might" factor: heads can only be burned by choice, and only when you have received all 6 heads.
    • It could be referring to the fact that you might be able to burn the hydra if this is the 6th head that you receive. If so, then that implies that the mission was successful as stated in the first sentence of the message, but the lack of a head appearing on the wall states otherwise.

To add to this, there seem to have been a couple of smaller mistakes:
  • The event tutorial actually shows a different event reward to the one depicted on the main event screen. (3x Heightened Senses, as opposed to the 3x Land Expansion on the main screen.) Hades' Portal offered Land Expansions as the event reward, so I would assume that it's a coding mistake in the tutorial. However, as the app has the same mistake, it would be nice to get confirmation that the final reward is the Land Expansions as opposed to anything else.
  • The "?" button that directs people to the wiki page to learn more about the event doesn't actually send you to the right page - it sends you to the Sparta vs Hades event wiki page instead.

@Baudin Toolan would it be possible to find out the answers to these issues?

I'm actually wondering why they didn't just use the Hades' Portal event, which worked fine last year, and was probably the least-criticised event in the game in the last couple of years, at least from my experience.

collect78900

Phrourach
the previous event of hades portal was much much much better....this event has me saying "cr*p in*o is run by idi*ts".

dont want to be banned so used star never know what mods will ban u for now days....but u get the message.

DeletedUser27063

@Kal Gordon i dont think you will get a response on this from the devs because your points are valid. If the local council isn't receiving a response directly from the devs, then why did they even propose this so called "Local Council" thing. Its total anarchy that devs will implement anything they wish and the players who love this game from first generation have to deal with crap until they give up on the game. The changes that have been made in game have no effect on the people who have their pockets deep. They still are running the show with infinite myths and ls (additional thanks to those war packages). The only players who continue to suffer are players who pay medium to no gold on the game. And in the eyes of devs, Those players are useless as they aint responsible for the money generated by game. Maybe putting monthly subscription on playing a world like 10 dollars per month will directly convey us the message that This game aint meant for us in future.

- Just a person who is watching all events get ruined from quite some time

DeletedUser54192

Just a quick update. I finally received a Hydra head on one of my worlds. The end-of-mission text is exactly the same. The only difference is that when you click on the battle report, a hydra head shows up next to the favour reward and resources reward. So it looks like the end-of-mission text isn't result-specific: it just states that you were successful, whether or not you actually were.

I'm actually sceptical of whether I will be able to collect all 6 heads on any of my worlds. It will be interesting to know how many people actually complete the event before the time runs out.

DeletedUser34939

Being successful and still not getting a head is annoying but other than that I don't have a beef with this thing.

Instead of thinking of it as an "event" think of it as a fun little side quest that may or may not net a few population buffs. No big deal either way.

I'd like to see little events like this more often. No gold, no way to abuse it, not a game changer if you win or lose.

DeletedUser54192

@MissusR
  1. You don't have to burn the heads straight away. You can keep doing missions, and just burn the heads on the last day. (Or at least that's what it says on the wiki.)
  2. How did you complete it so far? I've sent quite a few swordsmen quests on multiple worlds, and still have a grand total of... 1 (across all worlds).

MissusR

Phrourach
I did not see any way to continue past the burn heads.

I did 30 min swords when online and at bedtime a 4 hour run.

curadh

Phrourach
Others have also said that the ability to send again is greyed out once all heads are collected even though the tutorial says you can. I thought these events were tested prior to launch or was it that no one on beta server was able to collect all 6?

DeletedUser54192

I did not see any way to continue past the burn heads.
Others have also said that the ability to send again is greyed out once all heads are collected even though the tutorial says you can. I thought these events were tested prior to launch or was it that no one on beta server was able to collect all 6?
So yet another bug/mistake with the event. This event was tested on Beta, very shortly before it was released here. There was no official feedback thread on the Beta market's forum, but one player did state on a thread in another area that they did manage to collect all 6 heads.

This event was released on very short notice (they only decided to include it approximately a week before it was announced), however they made it last year during a lull in the development schedule, so it shouldn't have been a last-minute rush.