Toons wins a crown but I am disgusted with it

DeletedUser54775

On December 18th, 2018, The New Chosen Toons won a crown. I was part of this alliance. I am simply disgusted with the way this crown was won and the way it is been cheapened. It is a huge shame on us and our community.

First of all. Our leaders essentially decided to engage with NAP with almost everyone except Invicta, which has been sacked and showed no intention of ever fighting. There was no one to attack and no one that would attack us.

Second of all. Our leaders started to trade world wonders like confetti. Other alliances that had a world wonder were offered the crown in exchange for their world wonder. Rather that us going a destroying their world wonder, we would go and ask for them to surrender it.

Third of all. The world wonders of Invicta were essentially sacked by one individual. A lone fighter that broke away from Nocturnos because Nocturnos refused to attack Invicta. I also left Nocturnos because they explicitly told us to stop fighting.

Fourth of all. Now we are destroying our world wonders so other "allies" can join. How many times is this going to happen?
It can technically happy endless times. Thus, we will have people with crowns that literally did very little during the game.

They just sat and sim the entire game. Now they are getting their "shiny" crown because they happened to be "good" players and did not attack us the Toons. Essentially, this is what is happening in this world. People getting crowns with zero fighting and defensive involvement.

This is a complete shame. I enjoyed world wonders. I hate that this shameless practices brought it to an end.

DeletedUser54775

Lol you hate it yet you did it?????? So you hate yourself?
I do. I have had multiple altercations with the leaders of both Nocturnos and the Toons because they give me orders to stop attacking other players and alliances. They engage in NAP. I came back to the Toons because they were saying that the crown did not mean a lot to them. They wanted to learn to fight and engage in offensive operations. This is how I was lured back. Suddenly, the World Wonders got priority and hostilities were discouraged and NAP and passiveness started to overtake precedence. The last straw for me when they started to plan to destroy the wonderss so they could have multiple rounds for crowns of people, who literally did nothing other than not attacking. I am telling you. Many people are getting crown in this alliance or as an ally without doing anything major. In fact about one third of the alliance members were barely active and just logging in. Myself and Look Left and maybe there or for more of were the ones attacking. The rest simply sim and completely passive. For weeks, I was the only one posting on the offensive forums.

I am not proud of this crown at all. This one is completely shameful. Nothing to be proud about it or brag about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

• Men of Carystus, I do object and condemn these shameful practices of indiscriminate Crown sharing and excessive NAP agreements. For these constitute a grave offence to the spirit of our beloved Grepolis.

Those are the reasons that killed Grepolis as future generations of men will not live to witness these worlds now discontinued for these mere reasons.

I am aware that those leaders who engage in those deplorable tactics are now plotting for my ostracism and execution. That I gladly look forward, for I rather die than in silence take part on such despicable actions.

Men of Carystus, I honor and love you; but I shall obey Ares, God of War, rather than you, and while I have life and strength I shall never cease from the practice and teaching of attacking and launching war, exhorting anyone whom I meet after my manner, and convincing him, saying: O my friend, why do you who are a citizen of the great and mighty and wise game of Grepolis, care so much about laying up the greatest amount of friends and Non Attacking Pacts, and honor and reputation, and so little about wisdom and truth and the greatest improvement of your tactics, which you never regard or heed at all? Are you not ashamed of this? And if the person with whom I am arguing says: Yes, but I do care; I do not depart or let him go at once; I interrogate and examine and cross-examine him, and if I think that he has no virtue, but only says that he has, I reproach him with undervaluing the greater, and overvaluing the less. And this I should say to everyone whom I meet, young and old, citizen and alien, but especially to the citizens, inasmuch as they are my brethren. For this is the command of Grepolis, as I would have you know; and I believe that to this day no greater good has ever happened in the state than my service to Grepolis. For I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons and your properties and your friends, but first and chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of your desire to conquer. I tell you that virtue is not given by your friends and allies, but that from attacking comes expansion and growth. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, my influence is ruinous indeed. But if anyone says that this is not my teaching, he is speaking an untruth. Wherefore, O men of Carystus, I say to you, do as Anytus bids or not as Anytus bids, and either acquit me or not; but whatever you do, know that I shall never alter my ways, not even if I have to die many times.

DeletedUser54775

Calmly waiting for my death....

------------------------------------------------
I guess you can watch my death from a far...but I can tell you those guys will not have it easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMSgxo5ozD0

and if you dare to join....be my guest...cowardice have no name...as only in a group you would be able to defeat me...

I am actually looking for that honourable death as my troops will go to Elysium for their bravery of fighting alone...

"And they live untouched by sorrow in the islands of the blessed along the shore of deep-swirling Ocean, happy heroes for whom the grain-giving earth bears honey-sweet fruit flourishing thrice a year, far from the deathless gods, and Cronos rules over them

— Hesiod, Works and Days "
--------------------------------------------------
But you will know that you sent a man to fought for you and shared the field of combat with you by the mere fact that he disagreed with you with words...not even by actions...merely words...

Raydium88

Strategos
Next time, just don't take the crown. Perhaps you won't feel disgusted by it. I've turned down 2 crowns already because that's all they are... cheap, rotated and sold profile ornaments. Anyone can get masters, just by outlasting a world.

DeletedUser54775

I will keep it and put an explanation. One crown won by an alliance with blood effort and warfare, and the other one won by appeasement.

DeletedUser54775

You are right. I have to concede. It is a long journey for consistency.

DeletedUser36697

• Men of Carystus, I do object and condemn these shameful practices of indiscriminate Crown sharing and excessive NAP agreements. For these constitute a grave offence to the spirit of our beloved Grepolis.

Those are the reasons that killed Grepolis as future generations of men will not live to witness these worlds now discontinued for these mere reasons.

I am aware that those leaders who engage in those deplorable tactics are now plotting for my ostracism and execution. That I gladly look forward, for I rather die than in silence take part on such despicable actions.

Men of Carystus, I honor and love you; but I shall obey Ares, God of War, rather than you, and while I have life and strength I shall never cease from the practice and teaching of attacking and launching war, exhorting anyone whom I meet after my manner, and convincing him, saying: O my friend, why do you who are a citizen of the great and mighty and wise game of Grepolis, care so much about laying up the greatest amount of friends and Non Attacking Pacts, and honor and reputation, and so little about wisdom and truth and the greatest improvement of your tactics, which you never regard or heed at all? Are you not ashamed of this? And if the person with whom I am arguing says: Yes, but I do care; I do not depart or let him go at once; I interrogate and examine and cross-examine him, and if I think that he has no virtue, but only says that he has, I reproach him with undervaluing the greater, and overvaluing the less. And this I should say to everyone whom I meet, young and old, citizen and alien, but especially to the citizens, inasmuch as they are my brethren. For this is the command of Grepolis, as I would have you know; and I believe that to this day no greater good has ever happened in the state than my service to Grepolis. For I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons and your properties and your friends, but first and chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of your desire to conquer. I tell you that virtue is not given by your friends and allies, but that from attacking comes expansion and growth. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, my influence is ruinous indeed. But if anyone says that this is not my teaching, he is speaking an untruth. Wherefore, O men of Carystus, I say to you, do as Anytus bids or not as Anytus bids, and either acquit me or not; but whatever you do, know that I shall never alter my ways, not even if I have to die many times.

so you can quote Plato's " Apology of Socrates"Plato
what was the point of your post?

DeletedUser50245

Noc got cheap crowns, so what? we all know who won this server ... perhaps, they should have competed with us when Invicta was still alive
smiley_emoticons_flucht2.gif
... bunch of scared clowns

DeletedUser36697

That you should try to figure out....but I am not quoting Nietzsche and also what happened to Socrates?

I understand now why the council is such a failure..
this type of cryptic dung is corporate/ company speak
no right, no wrong answer simply an empowerment tool to bring attention to ones self

how sad

DeletedUser54775

I understand now why the council is such a failure..
this type of cryptic dung is corporate/ company speak
no right, no wrong answer simply an empowerment tool to bring attention to ones self

how sad
I should not that this is how you want to see it. Your response is more telling about you and your mental programming.
I am not part of any company. In the words of Ancient Greeks:
---------------------------------------
"Make your own nature, not the advice of others, your guide in life"
Soc. Then my perception is true to me, being inseparable from my own being; and, as Protagoras says, to myself I am judge of what is and-what is not to me.

Theaet. I suppose so.

Soc. How then, if I never err, and if my mind never trips in the conception of being or becoming, can I fail of knowing that which I perceive?

Theaet. You cannot.

Soc. Then you were quite right in affirming that knowledge is only perception; and the meaning turns out to be the same, whether with Homer and Heracleitus, and all that company, you say that all is motionand flux, or with the great sage Protagoras, that man is the measure of all things; or with Theaetetus, that, given these premises, perception is knowledge. Am I not right, Theaetetus, and is not this your newbornchild, of which I have delivered you? What say you?

Theaet. I cannot but agree, Socrates.

DeletedUser36697

I should not that this is how you want to see it. Your response is more telling about you and your mental programming.
I am not part of any company. In the words of Ancient Greeks:
"Make your own nature, not the advice of others, your guide in life"
Soc. Then my perception is true to me, being inseparable from my own being; and, as Protagoras says, to myself I am judge of what is and-what is not to me.

Theaet. I suppose so.

Soc. How then, if I never err, and if my mind never trips in the conception of being or becoming, can I fail of knowing that which I perceive?

Theaet. You cannot.

Soc. Then you were quite right in affirming that knowledge is only perception; and the meaning turns out to be the same, whether with Homer and Heracleitus, and all that company, you say that all is motionand flux, or with the great sage Protagoras, that man is the measure of all things; or with Theaetetus, that, given these premises, perception is knowledge. Am I not right, Theaetetus, and is not this your newbornchild, of which I have delivered you? What say you?

Theaet. I cannot but agree, Socrates.

to play your game just once... can you figure this one out?

Jean-Paul Sartre > Quotes > Quotable Quote

“Man is nothing else but what he purposes, he exists only in so far as he realizes himself, he is therefore nothing else but the sum of his actions, nothing else but what his life is.”

Silver Witch

Strategos
Lol this thread is crazy. I must admit we tried to play for an outcome with no rotations. We didnt quite manage it - i think we rotated in 10-15 players after our 7 win.

But the fighting on all sides for months, whilst it made us stronger and more capable to build the 7, was exhausting and i think part of the reason we won and then we stopped worrying about it all. Inevitably another group has taken advantage - i say well done to them. Its a different way of doing it but its legitimate and quite hard work. Thats grep - move on and win another.

You know. I really do not understand what is the issue here. Females and Males are socialized in different ways, so they do tend to lead in different ways. In some ways, it is an interesting topic because many of these NAP were to a large degree negotiated by female leaders.
This in itself is an interest topic to contemplate and reflect.
Are female leaders in Grepolis more likely to engage in NAP?
Are male leaders more likely to engage in direct confrontations?
Are players in Grepolis more likely to question the leadership decisions of a female leader?
All these are very interesting topics of discussion. Please remember, there is no point in arguing which the way the world is. Only by understanding it, then we might have a chance to change things in the future.

Do ladies nap more - well speaking personally - certainly not. Id rather have an academy than a nap or pact - you just never know what another leader might do.

Did players question my decisions - well no - and thats true of all the alliances ive led. Democracy doesnt really work that well in grep - imo :)
I think a male/female leadership works best. Covers all angles.

WISHING ALL OF YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS
smiley_emoticons_hexefliegend.gif

smiley_emoticons_xmas4_laola.gif

DeletedUser54775

Now that I think about it...why we do not have this war....

I do challenge TJkanniben, Harriden, SilverWitch, and Wanda.p to a match with yours truly, Futboltango.

A four women versus a man in a Grepolis war. Just give me one day to re arrange troops if you accept.

-------------------------
Let a man learn how to fight by first daring to perform mighty deeds,
Not where the missiles won't reach, if he is armed with a shield,
But getting in close where fighting is hand to hand, inflicting a wound
With his long spear or his sword, taking the enemy's life,
With his foot planted alongside a foot and his shield pressed against shield,
And his crest up against crest and his helm up against helm
And breast against breast, embroiled in the action—let him fight man to man,
Holding secure in his grasp haft of his sword or his spear!

Silver Witch

Strategos
It would help if you fought us before we won. I cant even remember Carystus that well but looking at it ive still got an ok attack rank even though I stopped playing. I just dont remember you in the months when we fought - you just seem to have appeared once we all left.

Look forward to fighting on a new world mate but ive got a RL im enjoying so im not rebuilding a load of attacking troops on a dead world.