Top 12 top 12 sink or swim

jameslongst

Strategos
As always if Erik joins James will follow. James will again wait until he knows where Erik landed then land on the direct opposite side of the world and whinge and complain on externals, again....
Where I will have an alliance smaller in points and higher in bp like always

Ranga1

Strategos
Where I will have an alliance smaller in points and higher in bp like always

Maybe this time you can stop crying all server about it then? Let others play they way they like? Or you going to continue to act like mother teresa "trying" to stop evil from possessing grepo????

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
It's always fun to bash James on the externals, but I respect him far more than the leaders who will get a crown in this world. (And I'm still mad at him for attacking us alongside the coalition early on, lol.) Thizzle, 1saaa, and Donpj make excellent points. Most of the really good players these days are either completely gone, or have chosen to play as smaller, rim-type players who aren't interested in the big win. And why?

I popped from VM a couple days ago with intent to immediately ghost-- but didn't want the big simmer coalition to get an ounce of free bp from my troops or to get easy city takes. So I dodged and sniped and let smaller players and friends land their CS's... and had the most fun I've ever had on this server.

For one day I played the way grep used to be, as an underdog-- pure skill, no gold, no lazy monster stacks, no big bullies... it was a great way to end it and actually left a good taste in my mouth. That's saying something on this server. So thanks to all of you who attacked. :p

I think we all agree that cheating is not okay (though when the next world starts, check out which players grow the fastest and also always have res to sell in the market-- they're unfortunately everywhere). Inno needs to eliminate use of all scripts if they can't track the extra ones people use. That alone changes the game significantly, before even considering the attack/defend scripts. Sure, we'd lose our "approved" scripts if they eliminated them all, but it would be a loss worth having.

Those who say "we all have different play styles" and want everyone to respect the grand hugging/spending-- it's simply not respectable and never will be. It's hiding from real risk. Avoiding doing the work. Buying the win. It's not really PLAYING the game. And it's not even fun. But mostly, you never get to test yourself. I think there are two types of people who play grep-- those who like a challenging fair fight and would rather try hard and have fun than just "win"... and those who like to click buttons and win awards. Maybe instead of WW and Domination they should make Fair Fight and Easy Trophy worlds... the trophy worlds could be named "URAmazing" etc, to ensure the egos are consistently stroked at log-on.

While I'm on the topic, posts like the ABP King one in THIS world make me throw up just a little, because of course if you have no sizable enemies and can event-gold massive offensive troops to use to bully others (especially noobs), you can look good there. I have yet to see anything truly impressive from the largest players in this world.

What's funny is that these players can get mad at that and hammer my last few remaining cities with all their firepower...
but that wouldn't really prove anything now, would it? ;)

1saaa

Strategos
It's always fun to bash James on the externals, but I respect him far more than the leaders who will get a crown in this world. (And I'm still mad at him for attacking us alongside the coalition early on, lol.) Thizzle, 1saaa, and Donpj make excellent points. Most of the really good players these days are either completely gone, or have chosen to play as smaller, rim-type players who aren't interested in the big win. And why?

I popped from VM a couple days ago with intent to immediately ghost-- but didn't want the big simmer coalition to get an ounce of free bp from my troops or to get easy city takes. So I dodged and sniped and let smaller players and friends land their CS's... and had the most fun I've ever had on this server.

For one day I played the way grep used to be, as an underdog-- pure skill, no gold, no lazy monster stacks, no big bullies... it was a great way to end it and actually left a good taste in my mouth. That's saying something on this server. So thanks to all of you who attacked. :p

I think we all agree that cheating is not okay (though when the next world starts, check out which players grow the fastest and also always have res to sell in the market-- they're unfortunately everywhere). Inno needs to eliminate use of all scripts if they can't track the extra ones people use. That alone changes the game significantly, before even considering the attack/defend scripts. Sure, we'd lose our "approved" scripts if they eliminated them all, but it would be a loss worth having.

Those who say "we all have different play styles" and want everyone to respect the grand hugging/spending-- it's simply not respectable and never will be. It's hiding from real risk. Avoiding doing the work. Buying the win. It's not really PLAYING the game. And it's not even fun. But mostly, you never get to test yourself. I think there are two types of people who play grep-- those who like a challenging fair fight and would rather try hard and have fun than just "win"... and those who like to click buttons and win awards. Maybe instead of WW and Domination they should make Fair Fight and Easy Trophy worlds... the trophy worlds could be named "URAmazing" etc, to ensure the egos are consistently stroked at log-on.

While I'm on the topic, posts like the ABP King one in THIS world make me throw up just a little, because of course if you have no sizable enemies and can event-gold massive offensive troops to use to bully others (especially noobs), you can look good there. I have yet to see anything truly impressive from the largest players in this world.

What's funny is that these players can get mad at that and hammer my last few remaining cities with all their firepower...
but that wouldn't really prove anything now, would it? ;)

honestly this is one of the best written posts on the en110 externals period. i wish i also had the time to go solo the way you did :)

also a quick thank you note to The Blame Game. Your attacks on MAD DOGS were perfectly balanced. strong enough to give us some BP to get off the ground. But weak enough to allow us to establish ourselves as an alliance :)

Last edited:

1saaa

Strategos
Or Eric could give us a nice peice of 110s meat to tear apart (I'm sorry but it was to good an opportunity to miss).

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
As always if Erik joins James will follow. James will again wait until he knows where Erik landed then land on the direct opposite side of the world and whinge and complain on externals, again....

This is funny, because we land in pretty much the same spot every world, regardless of who else is playing.

Erik saying he doesn’t talk about James is even funnier. Read back a couple threads from the beginning and you will see who mentions who first.

Ranga1

Strategos
This is funny, because we land in pretty much the same spot every world, regardless of who else is playing.

Erik saying he doesn’t talk about James is even funnier. Read back a couple threads from the beginning and you will see who mentions who first.

Lol I suppose if you consider the same world the same spot I guess you are right. Is ocean 65 the same as ocean 35 these days?

1saaa

Strategos
where is the super alliance at? come on Erik! get your act together! or maybe you are packing your bags because you realise that this server will not be a cakewalk after all ;)

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Maybe they was shocked by the fact that they will only have around 20-25% domination if they put their 50 highest ranked players and the 10 leaders or so in 1 superalliance.

I'm putting my money on MASS-COLONIZATION, it would really suit the way they have played until now
smiley_emoticons_cuinlove.gif
smiley_emoticons_hecheln.gif

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Okay, we're a solid day or more into this domination era. Loads of alliance changes have been happening as the golden blamers swap around their minions for this next step. (It's actually comical to look at the points of the top 2 once they pushed their top players together, especially if you start looking at the discrepancy between that and BP earned during the server.)

There are a lot more domination islands than I thought there would be-- and strange gaps where I can't tell why the "sweeping" skipped over only a few random islands... but not nearly as many gaps overall as I anticipated. I didn't think they would reach as far out as they do here, or require as broad of actual world domination as they do. Likely others underestimated it as well, which leads us to this next phase. Unfortunately, everyone will have to sim at least a few more weeks before this can be over!

Here's my version of today's EN110 Top 2 SWAP or HUG (interestingly, not very different from my Week 1 newspaper predictions)

Week Boring-Something -- Predictions:
1) Golden and TBG will continue to act as though they might each try to win alone, likely even misleading their poor minions into believing it, while continuing to attack the little guys, taking ghosts, and colonizing, until they have enough cities to merge the ones they want into the "winning" alliance. Just like all server, they'll still try to poach the top few players out there who could boost their numbers (instead of taking their cities, which seems way too much like "work"). They'll gently attack themselves to generate enough bp for new cities and to feel like fighters when they look at the stats. They might even get bored with themselves.

2) they'll wait for the threshold to drop far enough for the merge to work, in true warrior fashion :rolleyes:

3) it won't be the top 60 players, it will be whoever has learned the secret handshake, so it will happen later than we think, lulling us into believing it may not happen...then when it does it won't be worth trying to take the cities because-- (a) they'll be well over the threshold, AND (b) those players will have been prepping their defense long before the switch, catching the server by surprise (though why, I don't know), rendering attacks useless as they can afford to lose many cities while defending and holding domination

4) there will be many people who feel shocked at this and have hurt feelings... then fall for it all over again next server

5) there will be no battles at all between the top alliances before this server ends

6) nobody will be making any popcorn to watch the rest of this sim-fest, even though it's cold outside in many places right now
...and...

7) some people will still think this is "great strategy" executed by "great players" (and I will continue to think those are the type of unwitting people responsible for the rise of sadistic dictators throughout history)

Even at this moment, after EVERYONE is fed up with this approach (even many in the Top 2 themselves), the leaders in these alliances could save a little face by actually squaring off against each other. But I'd bet my house it ain't gonna happen...

DeletedUser55892

Okay, we're a solid day or more into this domination era. Loads of alliance changes have been happening as the golden blamers swap around their minions for this next step. (It's actually comical to look at the points of the top 2 once they pushed their top players together, especially if you start looking at the discrepancy between that and BP earned during the server.)

There are a lot more domination islands than I thought there would be-- and strange gaps where I can't tell why the "sweeping" skipped over only a few random islands... but not nearly as many gaps overall as I anticipated. I didn't think they would reach as far out as they do here, or require as broad of actual world domination as they do. Likely others underestimated it as well, which leads us to this next phase. Unfortunately, everyone will have to sim at least a few more weeks before this can be over!

Here's my version of today's EN110 Top 2 SWAP or HUG (interestingly, not very different from my Week 1 newspaper predictions)

Week Boring-Something -- Predictions:
1) Golden and TBG will continue to act as though they might each try to win alone, likely even misleading their poor minions into believing it, while continuing to attack the little guys, taking ghosts, and colonizing, until they have enough cities to merge the ones they want into the "winning" alliance. Just like all server, they'll still try to poach the top few players out there who could boost their numbers (instead of taking their cities, which seems way too much like "work"). They'll gently attack themselves to generate enough bp for new cities and to feel like fighters when they look at the stats. They might even get bored with themselves.

2) they'll wait for the threshold to drop far enough for the merge to work, in true warrior fashion :rolleyes:

3) it won't be the top 60 players, it will be whoever has learned the secret handshake, so it will happen later than we think, lulling us into believing it may not happen...then when it does it won't be worth trying to take the cities because-- (a) they'll be well over the threshold, AND (b) those players will have been prepping their defense long before the switch, catching the server by surprise (though why, I don't know), rendering attacks useless as they can afford to lose many cities while defending and holding domination

4) there will be many people who feel shocked at this and have hurt feelings... then fall for it all over again next server

5) there will be no battles at all between the top alliances before this server ends

6) nobody will be making any popcorn to watch the rest of this sim-fest, even though it's cold outside in many places right now
...and...

7) some people will still think this is "great strategy" executed by "great players" (and I will continue to think those are the type of unwitting people responsible for the rise of sadistic dictators throughout history)

Even at this moment, after EVERYONE is fed up with this approach (even many in the Top 2 themselves), the leaders in these alliances could save a little face by actually squaring off against each other. But I'd bet my house it ain't gonna happen...
so...how fancy is your house?