Pre-World Pharae Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On February 19th EN114 will be opened. Feel free to discuss the new world in this thread. As always this thread will be closed and moved to its world forum once the world is opened.

DeletedUser21625

Because LEGIONS of players were begging for a slow world. They were so happy with the casual world and they were all like "Oh, what can we play that is as good as this amazing casual world?" And.... (good golly gosh), a slow revolt came along. So, thank you Inno, for really taking the time to listen to us players and giving us yet another exciting offering. Hop skippity jumping, only 8 more sleeps.

*no sarcasm was harmed in the making of this post.

DeletedUser48582

So Inno... how many players voted for a slow revolt World in the ridicoulus poll you made a few weeks ago?

Please refresh my mind - geez.

I figure that next time there is a vote up for future settings we all vote on the scenario we dont want or simply close our eyes and click randomly.

DeletedUser41523

Not often that I defend the Comas. I even said they should retire. I still whole heartedly believe that and if they read this I can only say: Please? Seriously at this point watching you both attempt to manage is as painful as being on the US servers and we all know what happened there. It’s time to lay Ole Yeller to rest.

But they and the people who signed off on the world got this right. There’s 1 open fast revolt and 2 open fast conqs and they were all opened in succession of each other. There’s 1 open slow revolt I think. No open mid speed revolt that’s not casual. And no open mid speed Conq. That’s a lot of needs to be addressed before the next fast world.

Of course the argument can be made it’s their fault for releasing half a year’s worth of fast speed worlds and opening a poll with fast options that tied and ultimately had one tie to unaddressed. But that’s a whole other discussion.

D.Dall

Phrourach
Oh my God! You make a vote where you say the majority must decide the next world, the poll says majority for revolt world speed 3 - 4 and domination, the first huge disappointment is that you give us a world of conquest,
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif
and now this another disappointment slow revolting world,
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif
when do you listen to your revolt players?
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

DeletedUser54948

Really? Then I guess that just shows how irrelevant he was, since I don't even remember him
Sema tell me when you have you ever been relevant. Didnt I watch you ghost out because you can nothing but spam and other things that I'm not allowed to mention?

DeletedUser36510

i think i am missing something??? what is this world exactly? Revolt or Conquest? which speed?????
all i hear it is a slow world.

DeletedUser45360

Sema tell me when you have you ever been relevant. Didnt I watch you ghost out because you can nothing but spam and other things that I'm not allowed to mention?
I honestly don't remember who are you are. If you wish to argue with me at least be king enough to tell me your IGN

Richard

Strategos
Hey,

As has been covered somewhat by TSF, the reason for a new slow world is fairly simple, we've not had a slow Revolt world since July 2017. Variety of world settings is important to Grepolis at this point in it's lifecycle, as there are different types of players who prefer different types of worlds.

Additionally, we have had a bit of a over-saturation of fast worlds over the last few months, with the introduction of Domination which we intended to be fast, at least at first, so we could get a proper grasp on how the Endgame performs in real world scenarios, as opposed to the sandbox of Public Beta. We've continued to make adjustments to Domination to improve its balancing, and with this in mind, it's important to return to slower world speeds, to cater for those who want slower worlds.

In the "old days" of Grepolis, we had a fairly consistent approach to fast, slow, fast, slow as well as alternating Revolt and Conquest. We have larger gaps in our world releases than we used to have, as you all know, which means that sometimes its hard to keep a consistent approach to releasing world types that make everyone happy.

Either way, I appreciate the feedback on the settings, but I really firmly believe that EN is overdue a speed 1 world, and especially a speed 1 Revolt world.

Thanks,

Richard

Mole man 420

Phrourach
In all fairness i hate slow worlds as well .. just not my thing... but variety is key in this genre of online gaming.

Granted the vast majority of ppl who talk on these forums wish for fast worlds ( me included) .. but that doesnt neccesarily represent all of greps gamers.

Think of this.. some ppl have crazy RL responsibilities where they cant focus in game often enough to keep up with speed 3/4 worlds. So much so that a lot of you would even tell them not to play because it doesnt work.. what are those types of players options? In my opinion, sensibly, a slower world would suit there needs, also, being so busy there not the types to jump on the external forums to "shoot the breeze," so there preferences arent heard. Innos the ones responsible to represent and provide to there needs. I argue with many of innos decisions.. but y'all gotta be open minded

Rich is right, variety is needed.

1saaa

Strategos
In all fairness i hate slow worlds as well .. just not my thing... but variety is key in this genre of online gaming.

Granted the vast majority of ppl who talk on these forums wish for fast worlds ( me included) .. but that doesnt neccesarily represent all of greps gamers.

Think of this.. some ppl have crazy RL responsibilities where they cant focus in game often enough to keep up with speed 3/4 worlds. So much so that a lot of you would even tell them not to play because it doesnt work.. what are those types of players options? In my opinion, sensibly, a slower world would suit there needs, also, being so busy there not the types to jump on the external forums to "shoot the breeze," so there preferences arent heard. Innos the ones responsible to represent and provide to there needs. I argue with many of innos decisions.. but y'all gotta be open minded

Rich is right, variety is needed.
your right :)

i am not huge fan of slow worlds either but variety is important.

DeletedUser54965

Hey,

As has been covered somewhat by TSF, the reason for a new slow world is fairly simple, we've not had a slow Revolt world since July 2017. Variety of world settings is important to Grepolis at this point in it's lifecycle, as there are different types of players who prefer different types of worlds.

Additionally, we have had a bit of a over-saturation of fast worlds over the last few months, with the introduction of Domination which we intended to be fast, at least at first, so we could get a proper grasp on how the Endgame performs in real world scenarios, as opposed to the sandbox of Public Beta. We've continued to make adjustments to Domination to improve its balancing, and with this in mind, it's important to return to slower world speeds, to cater for those who want slower worlds.

In the "old days" of Grepolis, we had a fairly consistent approach to fast, slow, fast, slow as well as alternating Revolt and Conquest. We have larger gaps in our world releases than we used to have, as you all know, which means that sometimes its hard to keep a consistent approach to releasing world types that make everyone happy.

Either way, I appreciate the feedback on the settings, but I really firmly believe that EN is overdue a speed 1 world, and especially a speed 1 Revolt world.

Thanks,

Richard

what about the part where TSF said you guys should retire? is that still an option?

DeletedUser56252

I'm looking forward to play this world. I was waiting for a slow world to play casually just few hours at day.