Proposal Domination - Capture an Alliance Fortress

Silver Witch

Strategos
Good one mate, I like it and hope more players will check your offer and give their opinions so this suggestion will become close to perfection.

Anyways still got few words to say :)

You say that each alliance can control only 1 Fortress, but I see you also added 1% extra bonus for intruder and I guess these two features come into contra with each other, since if one alliance owns fortress and manages to take all cities from enemy fortress island, they will definitely won't own that 2nd fortress, but whole 20% bonus will be moved towards their side. Also having total of 40% attack/defense boost is already huge, so thought about little change in this and got to this idea.

Suggestion:

So each alliance can own 1 Fortress and use all it's features and choose whether they want to have 20% attack or defense boost. If they manage to boot out all enemies from their Fortress island, they gain extra 20% bonus and enemy looses it, in this case this alliance will have 40% bonus boost, but this time they shouldn't have ability to choose whether they want 40% attack or defensive boost, but just make it balanced and the alliance will have 20% boost on both attack/defense and nothing can be changed there.

And after this, if by magick they manage to take at least 1 city from another (3rd) fortress they won't gain extra 1% bonus, but make it just vanish from enemies. This way stronger alliances won't have ability to reach supreme bonus and have huge bonus boosts, but they'll still have motivation to take enemy fortress cities, because that will reduce enemies' bonus. If enemy regains that city, that vanished 1% bonus goes back to them.

Lol that is exactly what i meant. I must have not been clear. Read this bit again and see if it makes sense. Ive separated that bit into a separate point to make it easier to read.

Fortress Benefits

• On completion of the fortress all members of an alliance who contributed to its capture receive a set of bonus tokens. I believe speed should also be rewarded here since that would indicate improved planning - say some extra tokens for 1st, 2nd and 3rd but everyone receives some tokens.

• The fortress provides a defence or attack bonus to the alliance commensurate to the number of cities held on the island. So if all 20 anchors are filled then the alliance receives a 20% bonus. Once captured a fortress can never be lost but loss of a city on the island results in a 1% loss to the bonus, 2 city losses results in a 2% loss and so on. Cities on the island can never be less than 100% morale as a defender or under siege.

The alliance leaders/founders allocate the bonus as they wish to defence or attack but this cannot be changed more than once every 3 days. and cannot exceed 20% for either defence or attack.

• The bonus 1% can be taken by the enemy if an island city is captured provided the enemy also owns a fortress. This will mean it is possible for an alliance to have a 21% bonus with one extra city, 22% with 2 extra cities etc to allocate as they wish between def and attack.

• Players must be in the alliance for 72 hours before they can benefit from the bonus. This will help the jump in jump out for avoiding the BP restrictions.

• The fortress cannot be attacked but can be used by members of the alliance to dodge troops including myth units. Once dodged all troops can hide in the fortress. The tt from any alliance city to the fortress will be standardised - say 10minutes. The fortress has access to all temples on the island so as long as all 6 gods are represented in the island cities then all myths can be dodged there.

I know its a lot but this is a fight to win game so I think its appropriate and everyone has the chance to defend their fortress island and to take others cities. I'm expecting all alliances to be able to build a fortress so the 20% attack/defence bonus should cancel itself out to an extent - the real difference will be in the number of other alliance cities that are taken.

This was bonus transfer was your idea really mate and i think its brilliant.

Last edited:

DeletedUser50990

It looks great. I like the changes and would love to play this.

antz2013

Phrourach
The only issue I can see is if you have players participating with the initial set up (capturing the castle, etc) then entering permanent VM afterwards. This issue will need to be addressed as a possible abuse method.

Great job besides that.

Silver Witch

Strategos
The only issue I can see is if you have players participating with the initial set up (capturing the castle, etc) then entering permanent VM afterwards. This issue will need to be addressed as a possible abuse method.

Great job besides that.
Thanks thats a really good point - ive covered that now.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
Lol that is exactly what i meant. I must have not been clear. Read this bit again and see if it makes sense. Ive separated that bit into a separate point to make it easier to read.

My apologizes mate, I must have misunderstood something haha. So now all we have to do is hope that this amazing feature will be added to the game :) Great job again mate.

DeletedUser46193

Firstly. As you know. I dont do external forums. So count yourself lucky.

Having read this. I agree many of the proposed features are promising. It sounds like a fantastic plan to ensure a show of strength, upkeep of morale for players, less lagging boredom meaning less players leaving. However I do have a few concerns.

I'll put some time aside later in the week to thoroughly evaluate the scenarios, situations and any potential improvements that can be made to this but I am liking your enthusiasm and initiative.

Well written. Good proposal. I'll come back to you if there are beneficial modifications.

I would love to see this released coinciding with the release of the new bot scanner that's being tested in DE servers. That'd certainly make for a DOMINATION world. :)

DeletedUser46902

Having seen how the Domination era works - going through it in Methone - it becomes obvious that something needs to be done to keep players interested. As soon as the rankings are published, those smaller alliances and players realise the chance to 'win' are near impossible, so ghost and go inactive - and there is nothing more boring to most fighters, than having to spend their slots on ghosts and inactives.

This seems like a very good idea, and it would be good to see it work :)

DeletedUser48122

Great idea to spice up Grepo, no matter if it’s Dom or CQ or even Revolt

My few cents (sorry for the essay) ...

Fortress isles and “Capture fight”:
As we spoke … starting “Capture fight” (when you will be able to attack enemy’s Fortresses) just before Dom/WW era won’t spice up things that much, some time in the middle could do the job.
With “300 cities in ocean” criteria Capture isles will start to popup in 3-4 weeks. This means players will have couple of +5k cities and will have to deal with stacked Capture cities (as suggested – wall 15, 15k birs + 30k DLU) which will take additional 2-3 weeks to capture them.
That’s 5-7 weeks after server opening … let’s say it’s 10 weeks after server opens, so there’s minimum of 16 weeks before Dom/WW era but only if server is fast enough (speed 3 or faster) as on slower servers Dom/WW is postponed for several months pretty much often.

As Inno changed the math for Dom/WW beginning after initial 180 days, about the same math can be used in “Capture fight” case, i.e. if server is on numbers for Dom/WW to start in 180 days “Capture fight” will start in 90 days and we will have 2 countdown data – one for Dom/WW and one for “Capture fight” (here’s also suggestion for Inno developers to change countdown timer to be accurate ). Fortress isles could be marked with a flag which will change the colour to green when it become attackable.

72h rule … this simply must be implemented!
Limiting forum sharing to prevent hugging (which recently become serious issues just like spamming) won’t help because many (the most of) players/alliances use other services for chat/planning/other (Skype, Line, Discord …)

Bonuses:
20% in total and sharable between: Attack, Defense, Favor and Resources production.
Losing 1 city will cause with 1% down.
Potential issue – if you split those 20% to i.e. Attack and Favor 10/10 which one will lose this 1%?
Suggestion – if city is lost alliance lose 1% and Bonus share reset’s so founder/leader has to reassign percentage share.
Gaining additional percentage by capturing enemy’s Fortress cities - 1% per city. Pros and Cons for limitation
Cons – strong alliances will become stronger. Is it actually Con? To capture more than 1 Fortress city you will also have to fight for it and those who lost the city will definitely defend them and try to recapture lost city. Also, you’ll have to travel long distances to capture another Fortress isle and this will be very unlikely because Dom/WW will already start and alliances will be focused on server victory rather than Fortresses.
The real Con I see in possibility of handing over Fortress to Friendly alliance – ultimate result of hugging. Therefore, I’ll suggest all additional bonuses (above 20%) to reset to 0 when Dom/WW starts. Alliance who’s holding their Fortress will benefit from initial 20% for their activity/planning/fighting before Dom/WW era and handing over won’t benefit anyone.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Ok thank you @Dementivs that is helpful feedback.

I think it might help if I explained how this fits into Dom timing. I am going to use the speed setting for a fast Dom in this. I will also add this as a note on the main page for clarity.

Dom timing and how the fortress fits in
The initial time from world start to Dom era is 90 days. During this time alliances build their base and put their strategy in place. There is plenty to do and all to play for. I am suggesting that the fortress island locations are known throughout this period - those in 45/44/55/54 are known from the start and outer oceans are known once their population hits 300 cities. This enables an alliance to include the fortress in their planning process.

The fortress islands may be designated and the fighting started 10 days before the start of the next era so 80 days after the world start. The idea is that they take at least a week to actually capture - a kind of mini comp halfway through.

Then after that first 90 days the Dom era begins, the sweep happens so the valid islands are known but there is another 90 days where nothing much happens exept fighting. One alliance has to get 40% of cities. I would expect many alliances to still be capturing their fortresses at the start of the Dom era and then while they increase their city base they are able to use the bonuses and capture a few extra cities on other islands. The fortress capture is therefore approximately halfway through.

@Dementivs reading your comments I think you agree with this but my initial proposal was obviously not clear.

Bonuses:
Suggestion – if city is lost alliance lose 1% and Bonus share reset’s so founder/leader has to reassign percentage share.

Thats a great idea i am going to add this.

The real Con I see in possibility of handing over Fortress to Friendly alliance – ultimate result of hugging. Therefore, I’ll suggest all additional bonuses (above 20%) to reset to 0 when Dom/WW starts. Alliance who’s holding their Fortress will benefit from initial 20% for their activity/planning/fighting before Dom/WW era and handing over won’t benefit anyone.

This is a valid con - i will also add to the main page. @Skuduish has also messaged me along the same lines.
I think its worth adding that pact alliances gain no benefit from extra cities but I accept that alliances can still hug without an official pact. I think we have to wait and see a bit here. Realistically its not preventable but if 2 alliances work together like this the smaller players need to recognise they will gain nothing from the world. Loyalty has been lacking in Dom and this fortress capture should inspire a bit more loyalty.

However taking the con into consideration I think I will add that when Last Stand is activated then all the additional bonus % resets so no alliance has more than 20%. If an alliance fails to complete last stand then the extra bonus comes back into play.

DeletedUser53141

I think this is definitely worth trialing and would add an extra interest to the game.
well done silver
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif