Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 3 - written and edited by a hell hound

1saaa

Strategos
For me, I've given up hope on winning. I'm just playing to build a solid team of players to potentially start as a premade in another world :)

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try though! We'll at least try to give yall a run for your money ;)
more likely we are going to run their money away ;)

DeletedUser29314

For me, I've given up hope on winning. I'm just playing to build a solid team of players to potentially start as a premade in another world :)
Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try though! We'll at least try to give yall a run for your money ;)

Sign me up mate .. ;)

DeletedUser38766

It's pretty obvious that this world is too one-sided - and it takes most of the enjoyment out of it.

And whose fault is that? Pretty sure its not ours cause we are not the ones who have 2-3 branches or pacts. I heared y´all have pact with Mercenaries too, correct me if i´m wrong lol

Never give up mate :). This game is a marathon, anything could happen. And yeap thumbs up for keep trying cause the more you try the more decent team you will have in the future ;)

jameslongst

Strategos
And whose fault is that? Pretty sure its not ours cause we are not the ones who have 2-3 branches or pacts. I heared y´all have pact with Mercenaries too, correct me if i´m wrong lol

Might the unbalancing issues have anything to do with the amount of gold Hugs players are spending? Gee maybe! Pay to win guys...but don't mess around and pay to lose that would be really bad. Thats where smearing TF comes into play.

Maybe you kids are young enough to be comfortable paying for it, but Im old enough to not be.

And for the record, even tho I don't have anything to prove: you are wrong. I have one pact. I play old school grepolis, son...despite the baseless propaganda going around right now.

I invite you over to check anytime you want.

Last edited:

DeletedUser21560

Might the unbalancing issues have anything to do with the amount of gold Hugs players are spending? Gee maybe! Pay to win guys...but don't mess around and pay to lose that would be really bad. Thats where smearing TF comes into play.

Maybe you kids are young enough to be comfortable paying for it, but Im old enough to not be.

And for the record, even tho I don't have anything to prove: you are wrong. I have one pact. I play old school grepolis, son...despite the baseless propaganda going around right now.

I played back in the day, it was not normal to recruit the whole server. That new wave came with Eriks style of play. Talking about a golder and pay to win. Your idol

I cant take you serious anymore. You have just as many golders as we do, its management where it all goes wrong for you. Perhaps you should had let your members take that invite before this world started. Perhaps they could had learned a thing or two, which could then had been added to your team in the future.

One pact, but 7 merges
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

But hey, what do i know.

DeletedUser38766

Ah c'mon man, don´t give me the same lame bs excuse again.

I can´t speak for everybody but me personally can´t afford buying gold to support this game and i´m pretty sure at least 90 percent of the Hug This members are in the same position as me. However it doesn´t mean i don´t have any. Each world, my growth at the beginning is very slow because i´m trading gold. And now im top 20 in the rankings, have used very very little gold, could say almost none.

You can trade just the same way, so don´t come up with that nonsense again. I bet in your team is also that 5-10 percent that buy gold. Unbalancing comes more because of your simming and not really playing. But well what do i really know whats going on inside of your team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55720

Well TF have me (if "Golden" counts towards the Gold term)
I spend Gold that I get in the Market on Olympics but not on Troops

Of course any team spending Gold on troops (while the other Team doesn't) will quickly Dominate - it's easy to demonstrate with a Sigma Square Test or similar statistical analysis that shows a nice relationship of Cities gained using gold spend v Cities lost without Gold spend against probability.
I rest my case on that one.

Grepolis Admin are very happy as it means bigger bonuses for them at the expense of a captive pool of pocket money spenders - now there's Capitalism at work for you :)

Now I could always do with some more Gold to spend on more Olympics - so please buy my discounted Resources (Wood Stone Silver) on the Market Place

Ouch! - who threw that Potato?

DeletedUser38766

Yet again whose fault is that the other team don´t use gold on troops bwahaha :D lmao... however one thing i have to agree with tho. And that is the fact that you can complete troops 100 percent for gold, which really sucks. I wish they at least changed it back as it was in the old days when you were only able to cut half the time.

jameslongst

Strategos
I played back in the day, it was not normal to recruit the whole server. That new wave came with Eriks style of play. Talking about a golder and pay to win. Your idol

I cant take you serious anymore. You have just as many golders as we do, its management where it all goes wrong for you. Perhaps you should had let your members take that invite before this world started. Perhaps they could had learned a thing or two, which could then had been added to your team in the future.

One pact, but 7 merges
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

But hey, what do i know.

I didn't recruit the whole server, I just recruited people that hated you. It turned out to be a long list go figure.

DeletedUser56333

I didn't recruit the whole server, I just recruited people that hated you. It turned out to be a long list go figure.

There's some irony in you, the most hated person in the server, calling others "hated".

Thizz is a good man and a good friend of mine. Anyone who dislikes him obviously has never gotten to know him.

DeletedUser54407

I have absolutely no problem with people that use gold in-game and I have no problem with people that do not use it either. I think most of us use Gold, whether that Gold is earned from the Market or purchased, to a certain extent.

My only gripe with Gold is those that spend ridiculous amounts on the game and then claim it is skill that has got them the win. And that is not to say that, by spending Gold, you immediately have no skill either. The two often go hand-in-hand - Gold being used by an experienced player is usually very effective.

And this isn't an attack on anyone - more just my view of Gold in the game in general. If you spend heavily on Gold, don't then complain that nobody can match you and it's boring - that's because you've created another level that skill cannot reach.

On a side-note, if only Inno would create a gamemode where Gold is not an option - it would be awesome to see what the results would be like!

Just my thoughts! Slip.

DeletedUser21560

People disliking me in a war game is only a good thing if you ask me.

Besides those same players disliking me, tend to like me when they join us. The people disliking you are the ones that have played with you and then left because of you. Huge difference

Slippery, i think our skills speak for themselfes throughout the last many servers, but if in doubt, one can just take a city close to us and experiance the fun

1saaa

Strategos
i have no idea how much gold HT spends but what i do know is that that is not the only reason for their success. HT is a well organised team which helps a lot with their success.

A team that only wins due to coin is not able to sink very powerful and talented alliances within a week. that shows their skill as well. i like both Thizzle and James a lot but James. It is obvious that replying to these posts is giving you nothing but grief. you have defended your corner well and i do agree that a lot of your merges were good decisions from both a moral and strategic perspective but in times like this when you have what seems to be the entirety of this servers external community ganging up on you it is just best to cut your losses and run :)

btw the newspaper is delayed this week. RL will have me in a tight grip for all of Saturday, a lot of Friday and most of Sunday. that gives me two days to get interviews done and write the paper up.

so it will come on Tuesday or Monday :)

DeletedUser54407

I am pretty sure that I made it clear in my original post but some people apparently missed it: my comments on Gold were not strictly related to this World but to Grepolis in general. Since it seems to be such a major bone of contention on this World though, I figured I would mention my thoughts on it.

Slip

Ranga1

Strategos
Well TF have me (if "Golden" counts towards the Gold term)
I spend Gold that I get in the Market on Olympics but not on Troops

Of course any team spending Gold on troops (while the other Team doesn't) will quickly Dominate - it's easy to demonstrate with a Sigma Square Test or similar statistical analysis that shows a nice relationship of Cities gained using gold spend v Cities lost without Gold spend against probability.
I rest my case on that one.

Grepolis Admin are very happy as it means bigger bonuses for them at the expense of a captive pool of pocket money spenders - now there's Capitalism at work for you :)

Now I could always do with some more Gold to spend on more Olympics - so please buy my discounted Resources (Wood Stone Silver) on the Market Place

Ouch! - who threw that Potato?

A better test would be activity. Higher activity can trump gold. Gold helps if you aren't active, that has always been and always will be the test of the best alliances. Teams with most activity will always win. Some players like James who don't spend gold and login once or twice a day will always be mediocre at best.

DeletedUser55720

A better test would be activity. Higher activity can trump gold. Gold helps if you aren't active, that has always been and always will be the test of the best alliances. Teams with most activity will always win. Some players like James who don't spend gold and login once or twice a day will always be mediocre at best.

MIAOW!

DeletedUser55720

What I'd like to see is a Grep' World where there is either:
a prohibition on joining an alliance that has another player with whom you have already been in an alliance with (including in other worlds - maybe within 12 months ).
i.e. each player would have to be in an alliance with totally new (to him) players.
or
a Maximum alliance size of @ 12 players

It would provide a lot more diversity and a lot less of "more of the same"

Raydium88

Strategos
a Maximum alliance size of @ 12 players

I actually believe the smaller the cap, the more you tend to see multi-branched MRAs forming, yet this could also be because everyone has contacts these days and the ability to spawn in premades... I agree, is indeed very overpowering. I would like to see a world where you couldn't.

Problem is, players who mutually know who to trust, will always find a way to meet and associate with each other, even if you restrict spawn/alliance/anchor invite links.