Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 6 - written and edited by a hell hound

DeletedUser56439

Correct. Yet we've already went over this. Gold users are everywhere, not just within our ranks. By telling us off from golding a nuke, and then go do the same... we all know TF players aren't strangers to using gold, either.

Fair point although hugs have a larger collection of players who use gold and at a certain point it just becomes a pay to win kind of thing which I guess its just part of the game now so probably not a valid complaint

No. In fact we just took a city off them today.

You took my word for mercs i will take your word for this.

I understand logistic and what you are saying. To me the more players we have to fight hugs the better no point looking into who took in what alliance if it was a merger or absorbing its basically hugs vs the rest of the server atm and it might be until you guys either win or are taken down.

DeletedUser21560

Fair point although hugs have a larger collection of players who use gold and at a certain point it just becomes a pay to win kind of thing which I guess its just part of the game now so probably not a valid complaint

You took my word for mercs i will take your word for this.

I understand logistic and what you are saying. To me the more players we have to fight hugs the better no point looking into who took in what alliance if it was a merger or absorbing its basically hugs vs the rest of the server atm and it might be until you guys either win or are taken down.

I dont buy this thing with us paying to win. Maybe the first week we did spend more gold than the average alliance, but now we spend the same as the next alliance, we just optimize it. Id bet you anything if we played our team vs your team, no gold. Your team would still lose big time. Its all in the coordination and teamplay. If you ever played with us before you would know. If you were on the receiving end, you would also know.

Please dont believe the propaganda out there.

About it being us vs the world atm, it has always been us vs the world, since day one. And it will keep being that until this world is won by us. We chose not to be multiple alliances and not to pact, to make sure the server is balanced. This is the way we chose to play, we want a challenge. We could end up losing because of it, but i doubt it. In case we lose, we can always say we played Grepo :)

1saaa

Strategos
Thizzle is right. his alliances success comes from the coordination. their is something uniquely terrifying when you see snipe windows that tend to average at 1-2 seconds at best. As for coining, thats a whole other can of worms. their are definitely players in hugs who do use amounts of ridiculous coin but its less about the coin you use but how you use it.

jameslongst

Strategos
Thizzle is right. his alliances success comes from the coordination. their is something uniquely terrifying when you see snipe windows that tend to average at 1-2 seconds at best. As for coining, thats a whole other can of worms. their are definitely players in hugs who do use amounts of ridiculous coin but its less about the coin you use but how you use it.

Stick to brown noising and newspapers.

DeletedUser56379

About it being us vs the world atm, it has always been us vs the world, since day one. And it will keep being that until this world is won by us. We chose not to be multiple alliances and not to pact, to make sure the server is balanced. This is the way we chose to play, we want a challenge. We could end up losing because of it, but i doubt it. In case we lose, we can always say we played Grepo :)

It may have been you vs the world the whole time, but the whole time everyone was also distracted with each other. I think what masab is referring to is that for the first time, alliances are starting to forget each other, and focus on you. At my count, there are only 8 world powers at the moment. Crusaders and Old Guard are up north fighting eachother, and NoName may have attacked nightmares, but otherwise everyone else is focused on hugs. It wasn't always like that.

DeletedUser56155

The issue with spamming 2-3k attacks at a player is that it breaks down their Grepo, which means they cant log in and if they can it makes it super slow and not playable. It might be a legit tactic for some, but i do not agree with it. We could do the same and just spam you with attacks so you cant log in. But thats not how we play

Maybe at a smaller scale it can be "ok" to do, but that many attacks/pulls is just pathetic and sad. And damn sure it is annoying not being able to log in while you are being attacked

Hmmm James is able to attack and return so many times that it crashes your client... Lets examine this complaint. James alone on a single client is able to send, then recall enough attacks to crash someone elses client but not his own client. You are accusing him of doing something that is not possible. The attack known as DDOS is what you are claiming he is doing, to do something like that he would NEED multiple clients to overwhelm your client. To attempt to jam 1 client with only 1 client yourself would hurt you as much as your target. There are rules to network communication, I know I am late but I barely get on here.

DeletedUser56439

Fair shout, whats with all the complaining about Players and alliances joining TF then? Your alliance has one way of playing and they have another just get on with it and play the game.

Its all in the coordination and teamplay. If you ever played with us before you would know. If you were on the receiving end, you would also know.
I don't doubt that I am not saying hugs is where hugs are because of gold you have experienced players who really know what they are doing. All i am saying is gold has helped you get to where you are and your alliance most definitely use more gold then others.

It may have been you vs the world the whole time, but the whole time everyone was also distracted with each other. I think what masab is referring to is that for the first time, alliances are starting to forget each other, and focus on you. At my count, there are only 8 world powers at the moment. Crusaders and Old Guard are up north fighting eachother, and NoName may have attacked nightmares, but otherwise everyone else is focused on hugs. It wasn't always like that.

Spot on

DeletedUser21560

Fair shout, whats with all the complaining about Players and alliances joining TF then? Your alliance has one way of playing and they have another just get on with it and play the game.

Our complaining stems from prior history. TF have always been the "MRA Killers" and always been mocking others for merging and being multiple alliances, and here they do the exact same thing. Hypocricy thats why.

[QUOTE="I don't doubt that I am not saying hugs is where hugs are because of gold you have experienced players who really know what they are doing. All i am saying is gold has helped you get to where you are and your alliance most definitely use more gold then others.[/QUOTE]

I do not agree with you, the markets tell a different story. 45 is booming with sales, 44 and 54 are almost at a complete stop. Gold helped everyone not just us.

But lets play your game. Lets say we have spent more gold then everyone else. Us playing without a single pact or nap, that should set us back loads. Considering the other top teams have been napped since the start. no?

DeletedUser21560

Hmmm James is able to attack and return so many times that it crashes your client... Lets examine this complaint. James alone on a single client is able to send, then recall enough attacks to crash someone elses client but not his own client. You are accusing him of doing something that is not possible. The attack known as DDOS is what you are claiming he is doing, to do something like that he would NEED multiple clients to overwhelm your client. To attempt to jam 1 client with only 1 client yourself would hurt you as much as your target. There are rules to network communication, I know I am late but I barely get on here.

Yes if u add a full blown op the attacks add up and make your game crash, we have all tried it before. If you are telling me its not possible you are either delusional or not used to being attacked

DeletedUser48696

You don't need to go as far as arguing about crashing clients. Even if it doesn't crash anything, constant alarms would make anyone want to shut the game off.

From an objective point of view, any reasonable person would say it is simply wrong, unethical, immoral and a whole host of other words. I'm saddened to see players defending this tactic. Everyone should just forget who is accusing who of doing what, and just accept the very obvious fact that this cannot be defended in any reasonable way.

DeletedUser38766

All i am saying is gold has helped you get to where you are and your alliance most definitely use more gold then others.

Fact or your assumption? This is very slow world and you have to play it very smart (i´m not gonna give lecture here lol. No doubt gold helps but most definitely that´s not the reason of our success).

Look man, i believe the reason why we even brought this spamming problem up here on externals, is because we want to play the quality game and actually the way it´s meant to be played, okay (and don´t come at me with that ego stuff lmao, as vladimir said any reasonable person knows, that´s not the way how to play). But since James, who is the leader of TF and who actually started that spamming thing, then here´s now the question to you: Would you enjoy spam war? I highly doubt so. But if this joke continues then we do not have another choice i am afraid.

DeletedUser56155

Yes if u add a full blown op the attacks add up and make your game crash, we have all tried it before. If you are telling me its not possible you are either delusional or not used to being attacked

I am a network technician, I was speaking to you saying James spam attacks, and recalls to crash clients. I was simply saying he cant do that with a single client, so if your blaming him alone that couldn't be the cause... Now James + an op is possible, especially with Grepo. My app crashes all the time, it's not hard for me to believe you crash easy, just not that James is taking you out single handedly without inflicting the same injury on himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21560

I am a network technician, I was speaking to you saying James spam attacks, and recalls to crash clients. I was simply saying he cant do that with a single client, so if your blaming him alone that couldn't be the cause... Now James + an op is possible, especially with Grepo. My app crashes all the time, it's not hard for me to believe you crash easy, just not that James is taking you out single handedly without inflicting the same injury on himself.

You do not seem to get my point. thoussands attacks at someone just to pull back is not OK. That is my point. Single or multiple clients, James or not james, it all doesnt matter. You do not seem to want to understand, so we will just leave it there. Have a nice day

DeletedUser56439

Fact or your assumption? This is very slow world and you have to play it very smart (i´m not gonna give lecture here lol. No doubt gold helps but most definitely that´s not the reason of our success)

Guys i am not saying that Gold is the reason for where hugs is right now never said that your organisation and timing is to be complimented , but i do believe it had a part to play in it that's all

Considering the other top teams have been napped since the start. no?

I don't think that's entirely true. Most of the top 12 alliances have been fighting each other since the start. Noname V fiacso noname v NOE NOE and IA just to name a few.

44 and 54 are almost at a complete stop. Gold helped everyone not just us.

I am sure you can pick a day and find 44 and 54 booming as well.

DeletedUser56122

Yes... it was part of an "OP", that was denied as an OP... but was an OP nonetheless. The DBP gained by OOC would indicate a little more than merely send and recalls were taking place. Generally speaking 100K DBP just doesn't happen due to spam.

But, is spam the way that we are to play the game now? Where is the fun in that, for anyone? It can't be fun to do as the one sending it, and it sure isn't fun to be on the receiving end. And if that is all someone is capable of doing, then maybe grepolis isn't the game for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56155

Yes... it was part of an "OP", that was denied as an OP... but was an OP nonetheless. The DBP gained by OOC would indicate a little more than merely send and recalls were taking place. Generally speaking 100K DBP just doesn't happen due to spam.

But, is spam the way that we are to play the game now? Where is the fun in that, for anyone? It can't be fun to do as the one sending it, and it sure its fun to be on the receiving end. And if that is all someone is capable of doing, then maybe grepolis isn't the game for them.

You can play how you like, I personally dont spam. Many people have different play styles.

I am not a developer of this game I cant stop the ability to do this. The developers of this game are more than capable of stopping it if they choose. I suggest you get with them if you would like the option removed from the game...

DeletedUser56122

You can play how you like, I personally dont spam. Many people have different play styles.

I am not a developer of this game I cant stop the ability to do this. The developers of this game are more than capable of stopping it if they choose. I suggest you get with them if you would like the option removed from the game...

I don't spam, and I never will spam. I respect the intent of the game, and my opponent too much for that type of nonsense.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
The gold use “acccusation” is just propaganda designed to shame a well-coordinated team out of their victories, not unlike any of the other accusations out here. All the big teams have players who will gold.

During their OP on me — or whatever TF calls it when they launch hundreds of attacks at one player including thousands of spam attacks in 36 hours... I bought ZERO ress. Not a drop. This is because I had teammates at the ready to help buff me up where needed as I communicated, by staying online the whole time (which it turns out, IS actually possible). ;)

After the first round of attacks hit I received a mail from a True Fear player bragging about the gold markets running wild in 45 because we were such big golders...at which time I realized it was TF golding back their sunken transports and offense to send back. We don’t even have enough cities in 45 to light up the market that way, not to mention we were getting hit in 44. Rather than complain about the golden offense that came back at my cities, I simply chose to sink it again. I actually think the top True Fear players gold more than my teammates... but I don't care, because we are better at working together. Gold will not beat dedication. Spam will not beat an active player.

Things like RC's, helping a player defend appropriately when OP'd, coordinating fearful offensive OPs... these are things that take a great amount of communication, consistent leadership, and teamwork...not to mention time. If any of you haven't had a chance to experience this, I highly recommend doing so on your next server, as it's truly the most fun you can have in grep. There are very few teams that can create this environment without egos or drama, and it really takes effort on behalf of leadership. It's something quite cool to be a part of, and it elevates your game.

I play for the competition and teamwork... I play for a good fight. I don't care about a crown. If it would stop all the nonsense (and were possible) I'd gladly declare our enemies the crown winners so we could get back to the business of good honorable competition.

L9aOUCo.png

It's so darn noisy in here, I can't hear the True Fear attacks coming... oh wait, they're not coming.
Bummer. I guess the noise scared them off.

1saaa

Strategos
Newspaper is probably going to be delayed until i can get reliable intel on warscores and stat gains. If anyone knows a website that provides a similar function to grepolife that is not dead then please contact me. For now here is a grepolis meme that will join a few more on the paper:

If anyone has any more for me just drop a PM ;)