Top 12 7 Wonders of Pharae

DeletedUser56379

Currently there are 7 teams that have a significant amount of influence in the world, and a top 12 doesn't really fit the server anymore. I'll go through each of those teams here.

224b60863b6c8fdeb01f6390db301734.png

Coalition of True Fear - Orange - Currently made up of 3 separate alliances: True Fear, Phoenix Centauri, and Mercenaries. Honestly, this team is probably going to be enough to take the world in the end. It's too early to tell, but this might be the fire power that is needed to end the reign of hugs. My first top 12 that I made for this server, I commented that the only thing that might be able to stop Hugs would be server wide cooperation, and this is probably the closest we're gonna get. They currently control the entire bottom half of the world.

Hug This - Red - Still a power house that is not to be taken for granted in the slightest. Great team with amazing coordination and skill. Despite the numbers and odds, Hugs has a strong likely hood of pulling this one through.

NoName - Yellow - We haven't heard much from them since the beginning of the server. I honestly thought they were just simmers who've been left alone for too long. However they've attacked and won against Nightmares with what seems to be a lack of problems. I've heard to always watch out for the quiet ones, cause they'll surprise you the most. I'm sure this is no different.

Hell Hounds - Green - It'd be nice if someone other than a Hell Hound was willing to put in the effort to make a server analysis. I've been interested to know what the server thinks of us for a loooong while.

Crusaders - Pink - Currently fighting (and it looks like winning) against Old Guard up in the north. They're spread out in a long line, and they seem like a very good team. If I remember right, and I'm not mistaken (Which I often am), a lot of these players are remnants from alliances from the beginning of the server. Give them enough time, and I'll bet they're going to start pushing some crucial battles.

Nightmares of Elysium - White - Recently took a big hit from NoName and pushed out of ocean 55. They've seemed to do a good job in regrouping, and if they can hold their ground, I'm sure they'll be able to stick around until the end.

Old Guard - Cyan - In a war right now with Crusaders, and from what I remember of the tally, they aren't doing the best. Great group of players though. All my interactions with them have been nothing but pleasant, and I'd be sad to see them go. They've got a lot of fight in them, and they're not going to go down easy (or at all, I'm sure)

I was going to include a map, but it seems the last update broke all the external tools. Once they're back up and running, I'll edit the post to put a map in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55891

Coalition of True Fear - Currently made up of 3 separate alliances: True Fear, Phoenix Centauri, and Mercenaries. Honestly, this team is probably going to be enough to take the world in the end. It's too early to tell, but this might be the fire power that is needed to end the reign of hugs. My first top 12 that I made for this server, I commented that the only thing that might be able to stop Hugs would be server wide cooperation, and this is probably the closest we're gonna get. They currently control the entire bottom half of the world.
well in the end only 60 players can get the domination award. Their coalition currently has 154 players. I'm curious if 94 players are willing to give up that award and consequently the victory of the world. Just a remark on my side :)

1saaa

Strategos
Great job Hyperadox!

Edit: i would also like to know what other think of Hell Hounds :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser56439

Coalition of True Fear - Orange - Currently made up of 3 separate alliances: True Fear, Phoenix Centauri, and Mercenaries. Honestly, this team is probably going to be enough to take the world in the end. It's too early to tell, but this might be the fire power that is needed to end the reign of hugs. My first top 12 that I made for this server, I commented that the only thing that might be able to stop Hugs would be server wide cooperation, and this is probably the closest we're gonna get. They currently control the entire bottom half of the world.

Mercs are not part of the "Coalition of TF"

DeletedUser56379

My apologies, I've heard from multiple sources that they were. Anyone have any information of this?

DeletedUser56426

It's funny how you treat everyone like a bunch of butt-buddy huggers when in reality we just all share deep-found animosity for the pretentiousness of Hugs' keisters ;)

DeletedUser56379

Haven't shared a tab at all @OutOfCharacters, We run our own OPs on our own targets, thanks.

And I mean, I guess you could consider us an MRA anyways, considering that's basically what we're doing to weed down to a solid team xD

edit: Looks like one of our members knew James before, and "called in a favor". So I guess technically we did. RIP

DeletedUser54067

Yeah, no shared tabs, a member who knew James and needed the extra boost to take a city asked for some TF help in taking a city. We don't have any diplomatic relations with TF, about the only thing we share is that Hugs are both kicking our butts in a war, which off course means, helping us take cities, and the other way around is beneficial to both our alliances. But even then we don't have any relationship besides ones between players as you see now.
But we have attacked TF cities before and they have attacked some of our member's cities. While we aren't physically/technically part of a coalition we are part of a coalition just by our actions, the rest of the world except NOE is.

Our relation with TF is the same as most alliances worldwide. We recognize that any fighting among ourselves just plays into Hug's hands and except for some isolated wars like Mercenaries vs. IA, or NONAME vs. Nightmares, or IA vs. Nightmares, or now Old Guard vs. Crusaders, or Mercs vs. Alpha Centauri as you can see the vast majority of wars don't border Hug This territory at all. The one that did border Hug's territory played straight into Hug's hands, and we have three of the best players Worldwide who weren't already in Hugs join them from NOE and NOE is essentially "cucked" (was thinking of a better word but couldn't really come up with one) and can't participate in any fight in any meaningful way until they recover their size, and build their core out on the rim.

NONAME basically lost any advantage they would have had if the war had continued unabated, "likely would have secured Northern 55 as well as a bit of buffer in 54 and taken in some of the best NOE players themselves or at least gaining the land they had in the core". Obviously it's a bad idea for Hugs to let this happen as it would leave their backside exposed to a strong core alliance instead of a much smaller rim one. Now Hugs played great Grepo, but this action made it clear to everyone worldwide. Forget your personal ventures, if you border Hugs not only will you lose cities, but your war may end up even giving them players to bolster their ranks as well, so if you plan on opping your neighbor, cancel those plans you don't want their best joining Hugs, if your not fighting Hugs or at least planning too, you won't have a chance at winning yourself when they got double the average of the other core alliances and TF can barely compete as the second place alliance.

Because of this virtually any war that will happen can't directly border Hug This or it will lead to both warring sides ultimately losing. Hugs great Grepo play as well as choices in new members have lead to an inevitable, even if it isn't planned global cooperation to focus their attentions on them or at least have some sort of peace with each other before they steamroll everyone else. This is also due to the new Grepo meta. The world's are so much smaller than even 2 years ago, let alone when the game first came out and servers actually closed off because they ran out of space, or the first world where I spawned in 32. If the world's were significantly bigger in size, Hugs could be their current size but Hell Hounds would be twice our size NONAME might be twice their size Mercenaries and TF would almost be twice their current size as well as their other possible competitors far out on the rim emerging.

Currently areas like 33,63,36,66 haven't even formed and their is barely anyone joining this world, hence the focus on Hugs.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
I could never figure out what everyone found so pretentious about a team that joined the server with a stated goal-- as Raydium put it, to fight as a standalone team with no pacts or naps, and do our best under those circumstances. We've stayed true to our course, which is pretty respectable, and NEVER seen in grep these days. Everyone resorts to other tactics to "win" rather than test themselves and have fun. Maybe it's "pretentious" to think that it could be possible? (I'd tend to go more with "delusional" here, but we do like a challenge.)

The golding arguments are nonsense, as I saw firsthand when TF was golding the kitchen sink... so other than Thizzle's mails, which some find amusing and others find offensive... judging our team as pretentious doesn't make sense to me. Just because someone is good doesn't make them pretentious... though I guess it does make them easy to hate. But the best times I've had is when I've fought a strong enemy that I respect. End of day it didn't matter who won or lost because it was a great battle you could tip your cap to afterwards. With all the mudslinging out here, I'm not sure this world will end that way, but one can only hope. And we don't really care if you all work together, we just find it amusing that you would want to play with someone who spouts poison and treats people with zero respect... after all, we ARE the company we keep. It says something about every person who chooses to be a part of it... welcome to grep, I suppose.

And on that note, cheers to StDomingo, who stayed online through the length of TF's OP on him (or was it a non-OP, I can't recall?) and performed wonderfully, proving yet again, that it IS humanly possible.

Thank you all for the action provided these last few weeks... who knew Speed 1 could be so much fun?

EDIT: Ponini I posted same time as you but that was a very well-written response and deserves a shout.

DeletedUser56426

Believe it or not, Mercs isn't pacted with TF, and we haven't supported them as an alliance (maybe individuals have, but that would be them representing themselves and not the alliance as a whole, but I haven't seen any of that either).

Another mind-blowing fun fact, some players continue to play completely gold-free instead of paying our way to the top (I'd suggest you try it out sometime if you actually want a challenge). I play solely for the fun of the game; I don't care if I win or lose so much as I just have fun at the end of the day.

What makes this game not fun is when an alliance that's paid their way to the top acts like they're the only group of people that can be good, constantly s***ing on everyone else for any reason they want to. No, it's not all of you, and no it's not solely because of gold that you're at the top, I respect those of you that are genuinely good players and the insane organization that your team has. I have respect for you in particular OOC because of how you conduct yourself in game and on the forum, that much DBP in one night is the result of having some of the best skills in the game.

However, there are some of your teammate that are poisonous with their banter and constantly belittle anyone not with them. What comes around goes around though, and if you hugs players don't like being called out then maybe you should treat others better. Not every alliance is going to be filled with as many dedicated or skilled players as your premade is, but that doesn't justify such disrespectful towards everyone. I play with an amazing and hard-working group of players that are always striving for better, and I will not let you trash talk my fellow Mercs like you do. I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone is tired of it.

On that note: stay safe, don't drink and drive, and remember to feed your cat.

DeletedUser56379

Ponini hit it on the spot, thank you for that.

@OutOfCharacters We hope we were able to give you at least a bit of a challenge this weekend, and it was never a plan or even a discussion to get outside help. Those of us in the council were just as surprised as you were when we saw it, haha.

@That Guy I'll have to double check my sources on where I heard of the defense coming from mercs to TF. Sorry about the misunderstanding there

jameslongst

Strategos
Just talk and talk and talk and nobody knows what the hell they are talking about do they?

I have the answers but nobody said the magic word.

DeletedUser21560

Believe it or not, Mercs isn't pacted with TF, and we haven't supported them as an alliance (maybe individuals have, but that would be them representing themselves and not the alliance as a whole, but I haven't seen any of that either).

Another mind-blowing fun fact, some players continue to play completely gold-free instead of paying our way to the top (I'd suggest you try it out sometime if you actually want a challenge). I play solely for the fun of the game; I don't care if I win or lose so much as I just have fun at the end of the day.

What makes this game not fun is when an alliance that's paid their way to the top acts like they're the only group of people that can be good, constantly s***ing on everyone else for any reason they want to. No, it's not all of you, and no it's not solely because of gold that you're at the top, I respect those of you that are genuinely good players and the insane organization that your team has. I have respect for you in particular OOC because of how you conduct yourself in game and on the forum, that much DBP in one night is the result of having some of the best skills in the game.

However, there are some of your teammate that are poisonous with their banter and constantly belittle anyone not with them. What comes around goes around though, and if you hugs players don't like being called out then maybe you should treat others better. Not every alliance is going to be filled with as many dedicated or skilled players as your premade is, but that doesn't justify such disrespectful towards everyone. I play with an amazing and hard-working group of players that are always striving for better, and I will not let you trash talk my fellow Mercs like you do. I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone is tired of it.

On that note: stay safe, don't drink and drive, and remember to feed your cat.

Poor little kid. Looks like you need a hug :)

The disrespect shown on this forum is clearly towards us, we gold, we invite players, we RC, we cheat, we attack alliances. But in fact All we do is what we said from the start we would do. Play grepo. While you moan about us paying to win, All facts point towards your teams doing the actual paying around here.

Please show me one place where any of us have s***Ed on anyone on this forum. We do it ingame instead.

Stop whining. TF on their own have double our players, the rest of you with TF have double of that. Check the gold markets to see where the most Golding is being done instead of assuming. Stop crying and start playing

What has grepo turned into