Newspaper Trash talk with a newspaper at the start

DeletedUser54339

There is no such thing as a free press, kids. Everyone's got a bias. 1saaa's bias is keeping his newspaper tilted in a more friendly fashion towards Hugs. He knows which side his bread is buttered, and who can blame him for that? He's got to do what's in the best interest of his alliance after all. I mean we're not talking Breitbart levels of dishonesty and hyperbole, that's probably more Thizz's style, but there is always an angle.

That applies when you read the Morning Star, the Manchester Evening Guardian, the Wall Street Journal, Pravda, Frankfurter Zeitung or anything anyone posts on here at all. Why get so angry because James is calling it out?

(P.S. If anyone cares to have a look, the best newspapers I've ever seen on here are those written by Bearissimus on EN95. Humorous, informative, irreverent and always with the best interests of his own alliance in mind...)

DeletedUser54192

I've tried to stay away from the sparring on this world's forums, but I thought I'd just point out @jameslongst's hypocrisy before slinking back into the shadows. This isn't the first time you've complained about outsiders contacting your players, despite you feeling perfectly free to contact other team's players yourself both here and in-game. Let's just have a little reminder of the last time...

JamesMeme01.1.png

Thank you @1saaa for keeping the externals alive and putting all this effort into your work!

And now, back into the shadows...

DeletedUser56379

Summary of the paper:
~ Update of the wars between Hug This and everyone else. Which is pretty much everyone at this point, so it makes sense to group it all together. Nothing but facts presented, except for the one opinion at the end that he hopes NN will do well against Hugs.
~ Interview with James. 1-2 sentence responses to questions that were presented to all the interviewees.
~ Mercs interview. He complimented every top alliance in some way. Also this was information given from a perspective other than the writer of the paper.
~ True Fear vs. Mercs update, which shows True Fear winning, presenting the facts of that. Also an opinion from a perspective other than the writer of the paper.
~ Interview of HH member, more for comedic relief than anything else
~ Another interviewee from True Fear who has a chance to contribute in a positive way.
~ An interview from a player of Hug This, where just like the other two, the information given was the information published. If this is swinging a bias towards Hug This, perhaps some more positive contribution on the end of True Fear would even it out. Just my own thought on that.
~Memes making fun of different alliances/people:
Hug This: 5 making fun of them
True Fear: 1.5 making fun of them
Hell Hounds: 6.5 making fun of them

Looking at the summary, I'm failing to see the bias in it. I'd be open to looking at specific examples if yall will point them out for me?

1saaa

Strategos
Well i knew this paper would become the next trash talk thread but i did not expect it to descend into trash talk this quickly. A few things to note:

Re-reading the paper the only section that in my opinion was slanted against True Fear was the bit with mercs VS. True Fear. I opened the segment by stating the warscore (in True Fears favour). I then proceeded to post a fairly vague sentence about how attacking mercs may have been James' fatal miscalculation. My reasoning was that it would create an extra enemy for True Fear to fight and would make alliances less trusting of True Fear in the future. I did not make either of those points clear and that is my own fault. If your going to bash me for that fair enough but it was not intentional.

My last comment about how it was sad to read that True Fear seemed to have been poaching players could also be interpreted as biased. But, i would like to point out that this goes against my morals as a player. I also called out Hug This for similar poaching of NoE players earlier in the server (please do not open that can of worms again). My morals apply to hug this as well and when hug this does something that specifically irks me i will call them out on it.

And if you still think I'm biased just look at the memes. Plenty of those memes were making fun of Hug This as well my own team (and a few prodding True Fear as well). If you truly have an issue with me thats fine. You are all entitled to your own opinions. But, please tell me where i went wrong before dropping the hammer on me. And, if you have something that is on your mind. Just PM me. I will discuss with anyone who wants to and i prefer it miles over a shouting match on the externals.

DeletedUser21560

This has gone from a magazine to a Hugs propaganda machine and now its just turned into a place where we get to see Thizzles boots licked by Saa.

I'm totally done reading it, and while we are at it stop contacting my players about it. Keep talking to Hugs they love to talk about how great they are, and you love to quote them at it.

James.

Everyone, STOP bullying James. Poor little soul. You have pushed him away you monsters

Anyways, i dont think this newspaper is praising us too much, hes just reporting the facts. You are just salty that your interview is pure rubbish. You had the chance to say something with 2 interviews, and you blew it both times.

Answer: I am very satisfied with the results of our Huggie campaign. It looked at first like this server would be a gold fueled runaway. Now it doesn't look that way. Nuff said.

This might be your problem altogether, you gotta aim higher. If you are satisfied with taking 0 cities with 2 OPs, there is something seriously wrong with your ambitions. The latter part of your comment is just laughable, if anything, you helped us get closer to our win by feeding us BP :)

Seriously, its like you arent even trying. At some point, when we win, the rest of the server will accuse us of winning because you helped us. That is so not cool.

And i gotta tell you, i dont like your new persona. Crazy James was amusing, summer edition james just reminds me off... Well let me show you with a gif instead.

LazyOldAegeancat-small.gif

If you stop losing and start playing it might stop hurting this much. Besides you started this propaganda "war" we always sticked to the facts. If you feel the newspaper is biased, you are the reason why. Too much shady business.

Question 1: Could you quickly rundown your role in True Fear?

Answer: Yes of course,

I normally deal with Ops (I have a military background) I'm also the Headmaster as I have a great deal of patience when dealing with new players so I'm normally found in TF's Academy

That explains it all. Knew it must had been someone with a military background. Can i ask you a question. Are you equally satisfied with the results of the OP as james was? Was the goal really to take 0 cities, why settle when u can take more? Not trying to rub James salt in it, just curious to hear what you as the OP commander think of it.

Hugs
Thizzle

DeletedUser21560

There is no such thing as a free press, kids. Everyone's got a bias. 1saaa's bias is keeping his newspaper tilted in a more friendly fashion towards Hugs. He knows which side his bread is buttered, and who can blame him for that? He's got to do what's in the best interest of his alliance after all. I mean we're not talking Breitbart levels of dishonesty and hyperbole, that's probably more Thizz's style, but there is always an angle.

That applies when you read the Morning Star, the Manchester Evening Guardian, the Wall Street Journal, Pravda, Frankfurter Zeitung or anything anyone posts on here at all. Why get so angry because James is calling it out?

(P.S. If anyone cares to have a look, the best newspapers I've ever seen on here are those written by Bearissimus on EN95. Humorous, informative, irreverent and always with the best interests of his own alliance in mind...)

We are simple folks over here, we do not lie and we always keep our word. Please name one, dishonest thing i have done on any server?

1saaa

Strategos
Generally speaking good leaders keep their dishonest things behind closed doors :p

Not saying folks have done dishonest things but I am saying that most are smart enough to keep the dirt they do have firmly under the rug.

DeletedUser52274

@1saaa I have to admit that when you first started this newspaper you got off to a bit of a shaky start but to your credit you have stuck at it and your newspaper has improved. This was a good read, keep up the good work.

I fail to see how this edition was biased towards Hug This.

One thing of note, having a military background doesn't make for being a good Ops Officer. Many of us old vets and those still serving will tell you that military tactics don't play any part in Grepolis. Because of the game mechanics it's almost impossible to use any form of military tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56155

One thing of note, having a military background doesn't make for being a good Ops Officer. Many of us old vets and those still serving will tell you that military tactics don't play any part in Grepolis. Because of the game mechanics it's almost impossible to use any form of military tactics.

The Corps does not approve of this message! Knife hands are good in any climb and place! Stay motivated pups...

DeletedUser52274

The Corps does not approve of this message! Knife hands are good in any climb and place! Stay motivated pups...

You just be careful now playing with your Swiss Army knife they tell me it can be quite sharp, wouldn't want you hurting yourself now would we.

DeletedUser56155

You just be careful now playing with your Swiss Army knife they tell me it can be quite sharp, wouldn't want you hurting yourself now would we.

I cant tell if you get the joke, and are just being equally sarcastic back. Or if you totally missed missed the joke completely and started talking about a swiss army knife....

Raydium88

Strategos
@1saaa as I understand i have given you grief for brown nosing (another reason I don't understand why TF players believe this to be Hugs propaganda, but whatever), but by all means don't let the opinion of few (or even mine) to stop you making these newspapers. Even if all you got to do is give Hugs some crap, at least know your work doesn't go unnoticed.

As for TF players... as was stated here before, if you want praise out of the public you gotta give the public reasons to acknowledge your gameplay. The late actions of TF leaders have been questionable to say the least... so you only get what's coming back at ya :) I guess fair game for finally opening up on 2 fronts... next time try not to do so with your former ally's deff at your cities... snakey snakey... Might save ya some public outcry and less "biased" newspapers ahahah

DeletedUser56470

You're right Ray, I really miss those 2 biremes and 100 hoplites.

I have played this game on and off for years and never bothered with the forums but have been enjoying the newspaper editions here. A Bit of fun.
Never felt the need to get involved.... Until today. Propaganda is the attempt to sway the minds of others with half truths, bent omissions or out right lies. An example lies above, Sorry MR Galland for singling your quote out. Nothing personal.
The 12,000 troops i had on the front lines of TF quite simply put the above comment to shame and show it for the lie it is. Trying to justify your alliances betrayal by diminishing what we were doing for you is quite frankly the lowest. You simply betrayed us and now seek to very weakly justify why.

I apologise if we were growing faster than you were and it hurt some egos but the end result would have meant a win for both. We had the strategy and presented it to you. Your betrayal has seen that possibility disappear. I walk through this game as i walk through life, with Honour. The Majority of our team walk with Honour. Can you guys truly say the same.

I accept that i will probably now be targetted even further but i cant see bullshit without wiping my arse. 29 CS on the wall whoop whoop bring it

pgalland25

Strategos
I am a man of my word. And I lost 2 biremes and a handful of DLU after you (mercs) pulled out. I cannot speak for others, but you did nothing to help me.

DeletedUser56333

I am a man of my word. And I lost 2 biremes and a handful of DLU after you (mercs) pulled out. I cannot speak for others, but you did nothing to help me.

So you're just okay flipping on your allies? Serious question. I thought you of all people would feel some sort of guilt.