Proposal Grant Account Anniversary Gifts Every Year

DeletedUser54192

Summary:
  • Players receive Anniversary Gifts every year, instead of only on certain years.

Proposal:
  • Players would receive Anniversary Gifts from InnoGames on every one of their account's anniversaries, rather than the current version where Gifts are only received on specific years.

Reason:
  • The current scheme only grants players their Anniversary Gifts on their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th anniversaries (according to support ticket responses from the moderation team).
  • This system places certain players at a disadvantage to others, especially those who have been in the game for longer periods of time. If your account is 5.5 years old, for example, you will need to wait 2.5 years to receive any Anniversary Gifts, and that could be the last time that you receive any.
  • The increase in power of the Anniversary Gifts based on account age (more token types, greater numbers of tokens) doesn't really give much of a long-term loyalty reward, given that you receive them less often than newer players.

Visual Aids:

N/A - not a visual-based proposal.

DeletedUser50814

Summary:
  • Players receive Anniversary Gifts every year, instead of only on certain years.

Proposal:
  • Players would receive Anniversary Gifts from InnoGames on every one of their account's anniversaries, rather than the current version where Gifts are only received on specific years.

Reason:
  • The current scheme only grants players their Anniversary Gifts on their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th anniversaries (according to support ticket responses from the moderation team).
  • This system places certain players at a disadvantage to others, especially those who have been in the game for longer periods of time. If your account is 5.5 years old, for example, you will need to wait 2.5 years to receive any Anniversary Gifts, and that could be the last time that you receive any.
  • The increase in power of the Anniversary Gifts based on account age (more token types, greater numbers of tokens) doesn't really give much of a long-term loyalty reward, given that you receive them less often than newer players.

Visual Aids:

N/A - not a visual-based proposal.

DeletedUser50814

I completely agree as we are experiencing the same phenomenon in leontini this year. There have been a number of players that have reached their five-year anniversaries and yet I've been playing much longer and won't receive anything this year which is foot met at a significant Advantage versus players that have received their bonuses and is quite frustrating. So you should either receive the anniversary awards every year as is suggested above or not at all.

DeletedUser55187

I agree as well. I just hit 5 years, so I have to wait another 3 years before I get another bonus. I would be better off just creating a new account and using that for the next 3 years so I at least get a bit of a bonus.

DeletedUser29916

Just had my 7th anniversary and dident get nothing, poor Inno being so greedy

DeletedUser54192

A birthday is an occasion celebrated yearly. Given that these gifts are effectively account birthday gifts, my proposal was that they function in the same way (every birthday of the account is celebrated, not just specific ones that lead to inconsistent treatment of different players). The increasing size relationship chosen by InnoGames is something that I hadn't actually addressed in the proposal (although something I would be in favour of keeping as it is), which means that it's not really a relevant criticism to my proposal.

The vast majority of proposals on these forums aren't based on exact numerical data from InnoGames: they are based on how the community might like something to change, i.e. opinions. I see no reason why this proposal should be held to different standards.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
This isn't a thread to discuss the meaning of the anniversary gifts, we're not delving into some philosophical debate about them. As such I've deleted a good number of posts in this thread so if you notice yours is missing it likely got caught up in the conversation that was happening that was not related to this idea. Anyway feel free to go back to normal discussion about whether this idea, as is, should be added to the game.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
I agree. This seems like a fair and wonderful reward for continue play and an incentive to not keep switching usernames.
@.magick. This is an excellent point. Keep a username and don't abuse the current system to get the awards for the early years.

Also, as the game appears to be losing players, giving acknowledgment of loyalty to the game is a great idea.

DeletedUser55069

*The Loyalty reward and some recent changes (an account can be deleted after a period of total inactivity) was probably not only designed to motivate players to use the same account, for example if you haven't logged in since the 5th year reward then you cannot get the 8th year reward, because you already lost the account... It was more of a promotion to motivate some hardcore players to return to / stay in the game: 5-7 divine senses for free on same world are hard to resist and easy to become obliged to play that world seriously and eventually buy (more) gold. Meanwhile many players - most players - never got a chance to get same number of divine senses tokens and were determined to be on the lower end of the rankings despite their dedication (or had to buy warfare packages to keep up). Loyalty rewards are extremely overpowered, even if they would be divided and given every year like in this suggestion.

There is a form of Anniversary gift already /Grepolis Birthday/ when all players get equal bonuses.

That being said, I think it would be a good idea to introduce an Anniversary gift to celebrate personal milestones, but it could work side by side with the Loyalty reward* and Grepolis Birthday too.

Loyalty reward can be only assigned to a single world, but the tokens get added to inventory and the players can activate the bonus effect when it suits them.

Anniversary gift could be bonus effects that run on the day of anniversary only if the player is active, but on every single world they play.
Such harmless effects like shorter VP and Festival time, shorter construction and recruitment time, not something that allows the player to gain too much advantage compared to newer players.

None of the current rewards and proposal could prevent players from switching accounts, main reason is usually that we ran out of vacation days and don't want to start a new world like that, it's a total different problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53578

The confusion and lack of further support to gain from a potential customer base seems more the reason of the prior system setup.

DeletedUser54192

The confusion and lack of further support to gain from a potential customer base seems more the reason of the prior system setup.
  • What is the confusion in the previous system?
  • The point of loyalty rewards is to reward those who continue to commit to the game for long periods of time. If players receive rewards less frequently as they spend more time in the game, then that risks those players feeling unappreciated as customers, and leaving the game. As such, changing anniversary awards to being given out every year would increase the likelihood of those players staying with the game.