Pre-World Dorylaion Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Strategos
In Germany we already had such a world.
de. 100 Selymbria ran from 9th January to 28th July.
The cities had 3.240, 2.090 and 997 points
Was not so nice.

The start with three cities has consequences.
Inactive with 175 points are no longer deleted after 2 days. Because they now have 6.327 points and are thus deleted after 30 days and then leave ghost towns. Their number increased very quickly in the thousands and influenced the game very much.
In particular, the dominance.
In addition, the settlement area and the dominance area was artificially inflated.
So there were always enough ghost towns in the dominance area.
A fight did not take place practically. It was all about which alliance has more slots.
Be it selfbash or gold.
This is actually being addressed before these worlds are released. Account deletion will be adjusted to work differently based on the number of starting cities.

curadh

Phrourach
@Richard no answer appears to have been given as to whether revolt players will be getting an Anniversary server or it is conquest players only getting this special treatment?

DeletedUser22054

@Richard, wouldn't it work better to start with 3 cities if the system was WW?
Considering the size of the dominance area, it certainly don't makes sense to start with more than one city. It takes to much space and the victory for the bigger Alliances are much to easy. However, this does not change the delete routine. Until now, only 175 points accounts will be deleted and so I really wonder, what there was changed.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Considering the size of the dominance area, it certainly don't makes sense to start with more than one city. It takes to much space and the victory for the bigger Alliances are much to easy. However, this does not change the delete routine. Until now, only 175 points accounts will be deleted and so I really wonder, what there was changed.

you are apparently new to this endgame.. so let me explain it... 3 starting cities has 0 impact on the endgame... with alliance cap of 35 players, each player needs to have 150+ cities for ally to be anywhere near 40% of domination, even then its doubtful they reached that percentage.

EN100 was the same speed as this upcoming world and it took them months to reach 150+ cities.

DeletedUser22054

you are apparently new to this endgame..
I am with this game since 2010 :p

...and the thesis was that with several starting cities, the dominance area is stretched to such an extent that it is practically impossible to overthrow the leading alliance. ;)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
@Richard no answer appears to have been given as to whether revolt players will be getting an Anniversary server or it is conquest players only getting this special treatment?

There will not be a second anniversary world coming out for revolt with the 6/6 settings this world has. However we have not forgotten that players do want a high speed no morale revolt world and we're going to try to see if we can't get one this year. It likely won't be a super high speed world like this speed 6 though.

DeletedUser48256

There will not be a second anniversary world coming out for revolt with the 6/6 settings this world has. However we have not forgotten that players do want a high speed no morale revolt world and we're going to try to see if we can't get one this year. It likely won't be a super high speed world like this speed 6 though.

Side - speed 4 revolt - Opened April 2nd - Still a good 3-4 months left.
Amphi - speed 3 revolt - Opened July 16th - Definitely hurt the success of Side.

Please do open a high speed no morale revolt world but please don't do it until at least Side is finished!

And world wonders could be a nice change ;)

curadh

Phrourach
Last Anniversary servers Conquest got the super high speed and revolt didn't .. that hardly fair is it? And 2 Conquest servers within a week of each other negates the argument of impacting on current servers as well

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I am with this game since 2010 :p

...and the thesis was that with several starting cities, the dominance area is stretched to such an extent that it is practically impossible to overthrow the leading alliance. ;)

so have i... and the idea of domination is not to overthrow them, its to combat them, and force everyone to fight for the top spot, not hug with all alliances, its not that hard for every ally to fight ally with most % of domination.

curadh

Phrourach
Side - speed 4 revolt - Opened April 2nd - Still a good 3-4 months left.
Amphi - speed 3 revolt - Opened July 16th - Definitely hurt the success of Side.

Please do open a high speed no morale revolt world but please don't do it until at least Side is finished!

And world wonders could be a nice change ;)

By which time many revolt players will have quit the game and innos can have all conquest as that is obviously what they want. Some alliances only joined Side to kill the summer expecting a 'decent' server in the autumn and aren't going to wait 4-5 months for one. So if Innos want to half their market at a stroke they are certainly on the right track

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
By which time many revolt players will have quit the game and innos can have all conquest as that is obviously what they want. Some alliances only joined Side to kill the summer expecting a 'decent' server in the autumn and aren't going to wait 4-5 months for one. So if Innos want to half their market at a stroke they are certainly on the right track

Inno isnt really worried about people that leave the game and spend nothing, people who buy and spend lots of gold in revolt will continue to do so because they are hooked to the feeling they get when they dump 6-10k gold to instant buy something and kill people who cant do that :)

DeletedUser41523

The consolidation prize world that’s released after a few En119 teams get knocked out is gonna be lit.

curadh

Phrourach
I don't spend nearly as much gold as I used to mainly because I don't see value in it .. my gold spend is less than a quarter of what I used to spend. Boring events (the only one that actually engages the brain is spartans vs hades .. the rest anyone with 2 brain cells can complete). If I saw value then yes I would spend a lot more.

DeletedUser48256

What's wrong with Side? Bar active morale, which 80% of worlds are nowadays anyway, it has pretty perfect settings.

curadh

Phrourach
We joined Side to kill a little time over the summer not to actually play it. Summer is a bad time for a lot of players and we were looking for a server that would start early Autumn .. any later than than and it runs into summer again. So I guess players will either quit the game or wait a year

Status
Not open for further replies.