Polemarch - a new (elite) land unit

DeletedUser54843

Polemarchs were the Officers of the Hoplite armies of ancient Greece. For that reason, why not add them to the game as an elite, expensive and desired land unit to build? Polemarchs looked like Hoplites, except wearing better armor and the style of the crests on their helmets differed from those of the regular Hops.

The Proposal:

New Land Unit: POLEMARCH
Unit Type: Land Unit
Unit Usage: Great on Offense, Good on Defense
Weapon Type: Sharp
Unit Strength: 38
Unit Speed: 14 (hoplite officers can move faster than regular grunts due to their training)
Booty: 12
Defense vs Blunt Weapons: 24
Defense vs Sharp Weapons: 16
Defense vs Distance Weapons: 13
Population Cost: 1 (per unit)

Additional Requirements: Barracks Level 20

DeletedUser54843

Academy Level required in order to build this unit would be Level 22
Research Type (in Academy): Polemarch

Barracks Level required in order to be able to build Polemarchs: Level 20

DeletedUser54843

You are basically just taking old units, make em a little more OP and give them a different name..

Not true. Companions existed in reality. Read up about them if in doubt. Each generic unit type used in Grepo since 2010 had its variations in real, historical, ancient warfare.

What I'm proposing is 3 more combat land units to build. Elite types. With higher required Academy Research and Barrack Levels needed in order to be able to build them. And all 3 of them being historically viable and making more sense in the historical sense.

Wouldn't you rather be able to build Polemarchs instead of Hoplites, once your Academy and Barracks reach the required level (and once you've researched them in acad)

Open your mind and see that these are good ideas.
Time to make the game more complex and exciting.

And, do not post more criticism for the sake of it, you know why? It makes you look unimaginative and this is an Ideas section, clearly not for your type.

DeletedUser56074

I'm not doubting the historic part of your troops, but what you're suggesting is basically replacing the troops we have with more OP ones.

It just takes the balance out of the game, that is what I'm trying to say.
With the troops you suggested, Hops, Slingers and Horses would be completely useless and never be used again, in my opinion a bit of a waste of developers time and resources..
smiley-emoticons-no-sad.gif

DeletedUser54843

I'm not doubting the historic part of your troops, but what you're suggesting is basically replacing the troops we have with more OP ones.

It just takes the balance out of the game, that is what I'm trying to say.
With the troops you suggested, Hops, Slingers and Horses would be completely useless and never be used again, in my opinion a bit of a waste of developers time and resources..
smiley-emoticons-no-sad.gif

Not true, the generic units would still be in use!

The units I'm proposing devs add to the game are more powerful than generic ones, true, but in order to build them you'd need to meet a list of additional requirements like: Higher Academy Upgrades, Higher Barracks Upgrades, Additional/New Research conducted in Academy - after you reach the desired academy upgrade level and Much Higher Resource costs to build than the old/existing/generic units.

This is why there's room for these units in Grepo.

What you claim above makes little sense, do you know why? You are telling me that Polemarchs replace Hops and nobody would build Hops if these new units appeared in Grepo? That's simply not true and you haven't read all the criteria I posted, only went with unit types and strengts.

Lets's compare Hops and Polemarch units then:

Hoplites: (existing unit)
Required Academy Level: 4
Combat Strength: 16
Speed: 12
Booty: 8
Cost to build: Wood: 0 Stone: 75 Silver: 50
Defense vs Blunt: 18
Defense vs Sharp: 12
Defense vs Distance: 7
Population: 1
Barrack Level required to build: 1

Polemarchs:
Academy Level: 22
Combat Strength: 38
Speed: 14
Booty: 12 (Loot)
Cost to build: Wood: 50 Stone: 125 Silver: 200
Defense vs Blunt: 34
Defense vs Sharp: 23
Defense vs Distance: 19
Population: 1
Barracks Level required to build: 20

Now do you see the differences between the 2 units?
Do I have to spell it out for you people...

Additionally, Polemarch might cost few gold coins to get instead of Resources, on top of above building and Academy requirements. Why? Because Inno loves it when we pay to play, and most of you, dear players, do purchase gold from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56074

Do you even play this game?

Slightly higher requirements won't make those units completely overpowered compared to the old ones. And if they would be even, what would be the point in creating them?
It would be more useful and challenging if there would be a new kind of fighting styles, besides blunt, sharp and distance, but your idea just would make the old units useless --> no one would use em anymore

Even in cities that I build hops in, I build all the buildings you set those higher criteria in to at least that level, so the total leftover population doesn't sink for my full nuke. But the strenght of the army rises by over 100% which grants me basically a double hop nuke for the space of one. Hence, I'd never even look at a Hop anymore

DeletedUser54843

Do you even play this game?

Slightly higher requirements won't make those units completely overpowered compared to the old ones. And if they would be even, what would be the point in creating them?
It would be more useful and challenging if there would be a new kind of fighting styles, besides blunt, sharp and distance, but your idea just would make the old units useless --> no one would use em anymore

Even in cities that I build hops in, I build all the buildings you set those higher criteria in to at least that level, so the total leftover population doesn't sink for my full nuke. But the strenght of the army rises by over 100% which grants me basically a double hop nuke for the space of one. Hence, I'd never even look at a Hop anymore

Yeah, I play the game. I've got 12 active nicks on 3 different servers buddy. I play the game since 2 months into its creation.

I've got nothing to talk about with the likes of you.

Please do not respond to my posts. You aren't a creative person, simple as that.

DeletedUser56074

Yeah, I play the game. I've got 12 active nicks on 3 different servers buddy. I play the game since 2 months into its creation.

I've got nothing to talk about with the likes of you.

Please do not respond to my posts. You aren't a creative person, simple as that.

A creative person? I'm just giving my thoughts to your ideas. And your idea has a different name for each casual land unit that is already existing, trying to make a totally OP one for each.

And to repeat emphasize my edit from my former post: Even in cities that I build hops in, I build all the buildings you set those higher criteria in to at least that level, so the total leftover population doesn't sink for my full nuke. But the strenght of the army rises by over 100% which grants me basically a double hop nuke for the space of one. Hence, I'd never even look at a Hop anymore

DeletedUser54843

A creative person? I'm just giving my thoughts to your ideas. And your idea has a different name for each casual land unit that is already existing, trying to make a totally OP one for each.

And to repeat emphasize my edit from my former post: Even in cities that I build hops in, I build all the buildings you set those higher criteria in to at least that level, so the total leftover population doesn't sink for my full nuke. But the strenght of the army rises by over 100% which grants me basically a double hop nuke for the space of one. Hence, I'd never even look at a Hop anymore

Before you'd get to Polemarch, you'd need to upgrade your barracks to level 20!
Hops are available at Barracks level 1!

Hops you get at Academy level 4. Polemarchs at Level 22.

Takes time to get both buildings upgraded!

Also, if Polemarchs cost was 3 gold a unit, for example, that would make you think twice too.

Don't you get it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54843

I've played grepo since 2010. On US, EN and 1 other Country/Region Server. Currently have 12 active nicks/accounts I use from time to time. Right now playing on 2 US Worlds under different nicks that I won't name here.

So yeah, I've got game experience. More than most of you here that dare to criticize my good ideas.
And these ideas are only for the betterment of the game.
And if ever implemented, even only couple of them, you'd love them, you're just too short sighted to understand it right now.
All you know is your sling nukes and bir walls and crap like that.

DeletedUser56554

I've played grepo since 2010. On US, EN and 1 other Country/Region Server. Currently have 12 active nicks/accounts I use from time to time. Right now playing on 2 US Worlds under different nicks that I won't name here.

So yeah, I've got game experience. More than most of you here that dare to criticize my good ideas.
And these ideas are only for the betterment of the game.
And if ever implemented, even only couple of them, you'd love them, you're just too short sighted to understand it right now.
All you know is your sling nukes and bir walls and crap like that.

Now that is an absolute lie. The biggest of lies I've seen in quite some time on these forums. Your just another newbie player trying to prove his ideas are amazing and great, when in reality your ideas are mostly terrible, outlandish and not to mention, you yourself don't know how to handle criticism, so your insulting people and crying about people knocking your ideas down.

DeletedUser56074

Before you'd get to Polemarch, you imbecile, you'd need to upgrade your barracks to level 20!
Hops are available at Barracks level 1!

Hops you get at Academy level 4. Polemarchs at Level 22.

Takes time to get both buildings upgraded!

Also, if Polemarchs cost was 3 gold a unit, for example, that would make you think twice too.

Don't you get it?
No I don't get it, the cities I build hops in don't stay with Barracks lvl 1, if you'd actually know how to succesfully play this game.
A required level of a building is just s low of a criteria as it gets. All cities I build OLU/DLU in have the barracks at least at lvl 20, so why bother building hops if I can get a better troops for just a little bit more rss.
As of paying gold for troops that are OP, great idea, just give even more advantages to those people who invest $200 a month into this game
smiley-emoticons-blush-pfeif.gif

If you'd played for 10 years, you should know how this game works. But apparently you just were a pain to all players you fought with, otherwise there wouldn't have been a need to create new accounts.
I've played for almost 8 years as well now, using 1 acc on DE, 1 on US and 2 on EN (the one I'm using for Forums was made for a Meme alliance.)

So don't come at us with your bullcrap and learn how to deal with reasonable criticism.

DeletedUser32250

Just go play Rome 2, you'll love it honestly.

Now leave our game alone and stop trying to ruin it with these bombastic 'visions'. You want this game to be something else, something completely different, and if you have been playing this for as long as most of us like you said, you'd understand that these ideas are just silly.
I'm all for this thread being about the players putting their voice across, but until you learn to appreciate others opinions and their concerns, treat criticism with respect and take it on board, please don't post again. The comments on your thread(s) have been fair.

Shuri2060

Strategos
38 atk per pop for a non myth lmao and sharp at that?

You're just spewing random numbers without realising the meaning behind them or anything.

The numbers we have for our units now were carefully thought over and adjusted multiple times on paper before being implemented.

These posts completely disrespect a game dev's job when it comes to creating and balancing a game.

Go and learn some math/game theory before you even try to make more 'ideas'/'improvements' for games.