BP Penalty revamps

DeletedUser54537

As we all know you only get a percentage of BP from attacking yourself, alliance members and allies. However people find ways to get around it

Proposal
Pretty much just a readjustment to make it less annoying/more fair

BP you get from yourself should be 0%
You shouldnt be killing your own troops and if you really need to get a friend to kill them

BP from alliance members should be from 90%-100%
When a player goes inactive or decides to leave the game you can kick that player from the alliance to get full BP but others will target him more as well. To bypass this players leave their alliances, get full BP and rejoin right after. This shows that this penalty does not work due to such easy bypasses. Hence why there should be no penalty or just a very small one.

BP from allies should stay as is
I dont know the exact percentage but it should stay low, there is no reason to bypass it and it just works

DeletedUser54192

@Notmad:
  • Killing your own troops already grants you 0% BP.
  • At the moment, “allies” groups together teammates and players in pacted alliances. (Killing units belonging to “allies” gives 20% BP.)
  • I do agree that reducing/removing the “allies” penalty for inactive players for teammates in the same alliance would make a lot of sense. What would you regard as a suitable period of inactivity? (I’m assuming that you’d use the “not logging in”’definition of activity, to avoid exploits.)

DeletedUser36697

@Notmad:
  • Killing your own troops already grants you 0% BP.
  • At the moment, “allies” groups together teammates and players in pacted alliances. (Killing units belonging to “allies” gives 20% BP.)
  • I do agree that reducing/removing the “allies” penalty for inactive players for teammates in the same alliance would make a lot of sense. What would you regard as a suitable period of inactivity? (I’m assuming that you’d use the “not logging in”’definition of activity, to avoid exploits.)
When they go Red consider them dead. a strong leadership also has the option of booting the idle ..... after attacks have been launched and prior to arrival

DeletedUser54192

When they go Red consider them dead. a strong leadership also has the option of booting the idle ..... after attacks have been launched and prior to arrival
There are certain situations where having to boot an inactive player isn't an option, even when you have the ability to time attacks, such as in the endgame if the player has WW cities or if losing their cities temporarily would cancel Last Stand.

In general circumstances, kicking is an option, but having to kick does mean that the system is biased towards the opposition in terms of taking the inactive cities.