Top 12

DeletedUser41523

I think OV later on comes into play. I also think the Balkan crew has a role to play in the world. Likely as a BWN ally or a Plague one.

I don’t think Plague is going to ignore diplomacy in this world as being overwhelmed by multiple alliances on all sides helped contribute to their 107 downfall.

Xuegou

Phrourach
P**** ally that joined in 35? because they are scared to join in any other ocean? yeah.. no.. i would not want to mention this new OV ever at all, old OV maybe.. this aint it.
Curious to what OV leaders thought when dropping in 035, Maybe they should of joined sim city instead? Good luck getting bp. I guess I can understand Flaming dragons dropping over there, Once you've been rimmed in every other world you want to hide from everyone and sim it out. But let's see.

Xuegou

Phrourach
Oh yeah, This is a top 12 thread and not a trash talking thread right? Alright, here's my thoughts on the current top 12 (I'll be leaving out BwN due to me being bias but i will make comments about us just nothing too serious)

1) The Plague
Interesting roster, On other worlds I've always voted plague as being on the weaker side of the re-appearing alliances however I'll vote them as a pretty strong alliance here. Their roster has big names this time and I think this is the peak plague roster, I just wonder if their leadership is strong enough and stable enough to get them past the next term. Can they survive consistent long drawn out battles? Guess we will see.

Swim

2) Bad with names
obviously I won't be making comments on this alliance due to being apart of it. However people consider us to be the big bad alliance of the server and the most likely to take it all. I'm not really use to being in that spot personally, I'd rather be the underdog in these situations. But hey I'm playing with my favourite people and some new faces. No matter what happens I'm having fun and making new friends so I'll call it worth.

No comment on swim/sink etc, too bias.

3) Hakuna matata
How do I start with this one? MRA as MRA gets, 3 alliances already + probably hugging the rest of the MRA's. I don't see any names here that matter or can impact the world. It's sheer numbers alone keeping them at the current #3 spot.

Sink.

4) Balcan Boyz

I have high expectations of this team, It's an okay roster with some big names coming out of retirement, It's hard to ignore they also have some weaker links in their roster but everyone will have weak links, It's early in the world and that's just how grepolis goes. I don't think I've seen this group in another world (Although mind you, I don't join a lot of worlds like you crazy folk) so It's hard to judge them so soon. I look forward to seeing them grow and I look forward to seeing what happens with them as time goes on.

Swim

5) Vengeance

These guys had 90 players combined in the first two days of the world, That has to be some sort of record for MRA's right? I think most the people in that alliance are here for gold, or simming. Probably new to the game or don't care enough to be part of a serious alliance. They won't last and probably just food for everyone around them. Nothing more to really say here I guess.

Sink.

6) Vengeance academy
See above.

7) Balcan Boyz*
See #4

8) Bazooka Bunnies
Another alliance full of people I've never seen before. Don't really know how to rate these guys. In o54 so have a chance to survive I guess if they can pull off a fight vs free hugs. I won't comment further due to not really having a read on any of their players.

Float for now.

9) Twisted Puddy Cats
I mean respect the name and all. But I when I look at this roster it screams "walls and turtles" I don't think these guys have enough fire power to fight anybody at all. I've seen a few of their faces around in other worlds and they have been okay. Not incredible or amazing but not terrible either. Just generally okay. You can however note they are in 044 which has no real competition yet. It's mostly simmers and MRA in that direction so maybe that gives them a chance to grow and maybe they can show us something exciting.

Float for now.

10) Havoc

MRA number 3. By their alliance profile you'd expect some sort of fight but in reality they kinda... aren't too great. I don't expect them to last over the next month, let alone 6. Maybe I'll be surprised and they can pull off a miracle but they already have inactives and seem to be losing to.. everybody they are close to?

Sink.

11) Lion's guard
See #3

12) Legion of hades
Ocean 44 players, I don't know any of them by name but if you see above to #9 I mention ocean 44 being free right now. I honestly have no clue what to expect from these guys or who they are. I can't make a comment because of that besides that they have a free ocean and we shall see what they choose to do with it.

Float for now.

General take away from this:

I don't play this game enough to know everybody off the back of my hand. I'm super bored right now and I think the forums are funny so I thought I'd put in my two cents for once. I probably know nothing so take everything with a grain of salt.

DeletedUser43553

Vengeance seem to be losing players by the hour ;)

I do not blame them at the rate they are casually losing cities without any signs of support - would expect more from a team of 90 (at the time)

DeletedUser55437

People need to understand that more players is just a burden. The more players you have, yes, more can help, but it also means more will require help. In the case of MRA's it is inevitable someone will lose cities, not all players are great players. Once an alliance starts losing cities, peeps will stop believing in the alliance and it will start going downhill from there.

Xuegou

Phrourach
Even worse they have a pact with everyone who will sign up too! Assume shared forums! You not been asked yet? :)
Kinda insulted, Haven't been asked yet :(

People need to understand that more players is just a burden. The more players you have, yes, more can help, but it also means more will require help. In the case of MRA's it is inevitable someone will lose cities, not all players are great players. Once an alliance starts losing cities, peeps will stop believing in the alliance and it will start going downhill from there.
I think it's mostly newer players who join MRA or people who just want gold in a world, No person who actually knows how grepolis works would join a MRA.. Everyone starts out in an MRA and gets smarter from there on out, for me it was legion xxii or however it is spelt (the numbers always got me confused) I learnt a lot from that crew.

DeletedUser41523

The quantity really doesn’t matter. It’s the people themselves and how they work together. 15 bad and/or selfish players will make a bad alliance. 50 good or alarmed supporting players will make a good one. Every alliance loses cities as well.

Vengeance and Hakuna just happen to be alliances of 90-100ish bad or new players.

DeletedUser43553

Agreed. A smaller yet experienced and coordinated alliance is so much more powerful - more fun too, I think it is great when a team starts to know eachother on a personal level beyond the game, that has a massive impact. I bet most of these MRA's have players that have not clicked on the forum once let alone even spoke to its members / leaders.

DeletedUser43553

Even worse they have a pact with everyone who will sign up too! Assume shared forums! You not been asked yet? :)

No, presumably they noticed we only had a small team and focused on asking the other MRA's for pacts instead :cool:

DeletedUser19607

Was personally in Havoc a.k.a WICKED CLOWNS (they flopping names lol)
They are going to end up food for BWN and also Balkan and I think ThePlague might be attacking them
BWN has a really good group they aren't gonna have any problems in there ocean

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38766

Hola amigos! First of all i want to wish you all good luck and a lot of fun in the future :). Secondly, i put some effort into externals as well then and bless y´all with some visual aids.

Himera Map 1.1.pngHimera Map 1.png

DeletedUser56567

Oh yeah, This is a top 12 thread and not a trash talking thread right? Alright, here's my thoughts on the current top 12 (I'll be leaving out BwN due to me being bias but i will make comments about us just nothing too serious)

1) The Plague
Interesting roster, On other worlds I've always voted plague as being on the weaker side of the re-appearing alliances however I'll vote them as a pretty strong alliance here. Their roster has big names this time and I think this is the peak plague roster, I just wonder if their leadership is strong enough and stable enough to get them past the next term. Can they survive consistent long drawn out battles? Guess we will see.

Swim

2) Bad with names
obviously I won't be making comments on this alliance due to being apart of it. However people consider us to be the big bad alliance of the server and the most likely to take it all. I'm not really use to being in that spot personally, I'd rather be the underdog in these situations. But hey I'm playing with my favourite people and some new faces. No matter what happens I'm having fun and making new friends so I'll call it worth.

No comment on swim/sink etc, too bias.

3) Hakuna matata
How do I start with this one? MRA as MRA gets, 3 alliances already + probably hugging the rest of the MRA's. I don't see any names here that matter or can impact the world. It's sheer numbers alone keeping them at the current #3 spot.

Sink.

4) Balcan Boyz

I have high expectations of this team, It's an okay roster with some big names coming out of retirement, It's hard to ignore they also have some weaker links in their roster but everyone will have weak links, It's early in the world and that's just how grepolis goes. I don't think I've seen this group in another world (Although mind you, I don't join a lot of worlds like you crazy folk) so It's hard to judge them so soon. I look forward to seeing them grow and I look forward to seeing what happens with them as time goes on.

Swim

5) Vengeance

These guys had 90 players combined in the first two days of the world, That has to be some sort of record for MRA's right? I think most the people in that alliance are here for gold, or simming. Probably new to the game or don't care enough to be part of a serious alliance. They won't last and probably just food for everyone around them. Nothing more to really say here I guess.

Sink.

6) Vengeance academy
See above.

7) Balcan Boyz*
See #4

8) Bazooka Bunnies
Another alliance full of people I've never seen before. Don't really know how to rate these guys. In o54 so have a chance to survive I guess if they can pull off a fight vs free hugs. I won't comment further due to not really having a read on any of their players.

Float for now.

9) Twisted Puddy Cats
I mean respect the name and all. But I when I look at this roster it screams "walls and turtles" I don't think these guys have enough fire power to fight anybody at all. I've seen a few of their faces around in other worlds and they have been okay. Not incredible or amazing but not terrible either. Just generally okay. You can however note they are in 044 which has no real competition yet. It's mostly simmers and MRA in that direction so maybe that gives them a chance to grow and maybe they can show us something exciting.

Float for now.

10) Havoc

MRA number 3. By their alliance profile you'd expect some sort of fight but in reality they kinda... aren't too great. I don't expect them to last over the next month, let alone 6. Maybe I'll be surprised and they can pull off a miracle but they already have inactives and seem to be losing to.. everybody they are close to?

Sink.

11) Lion's guard
See #3

12) Legion of hades
Ocean 44 players, I don't know any of them by name but if you see above to #9 I mention ocean 44 being free right now. I honestly have no clue what to expect from these guys or who they are. I can't make a comment because of that besides that they have a free ocean and we shall see what they choose to do with it.

Float for now.

General take away from this:

I don't play this game enough to know everybody off the back of my hand. I'm super bored right now and I think the forums are funny so I thought I'd put in my two cents for once. I probably know nothing so take everything with a grain of salt.
Balcan boyz will probably win this world