Top 12

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Here is a tip for conquering Filip, as it seems the only thing that he knows how to do is recall his troops well. If he has an LS nuke in the city you are trying to conquer, then you time a bireme nuke to land the same second as the CS. You do this by constantly sending and recalling until you get the CS and Bireme nuke landing at the same second as the CS. Make sure the CS has a similar travel time to the Bireme nuke, to prevent anything from landing before the Bireme nuke. Hopefully everyone knows if an attack and support land at the same the second, then the one that was launched first will land first.

A similar concept applies if he has a Bireme nuke in the city, then you time a LS nuke to land the same second as the CS. As long as the LS were launched BEFORE the CS, then the LS will arrive at the same second as the CS, but will land BEFORE the CS. Make sure the LS and CS have similar travel times when doing this. This way he cannot front snipe with that Bireme nuke.

Alternatively or in addition to the above, you can send many attacks/supports. 200+ attacks/supports. This will mess his recall up and it most likely won't land when he wants it too.

nice try but both my cities in 54 and 55 are half ls and half olu just in case :)

besides, im thinking recently about switching ls to triremes so i can front and backsnipe depending on their times ;)

adding up attacks/supports wont mess up my return because i click on my return to open it up on separate window so the movement list in commander overview plays no role :)

and you suggesting them all these things tells me you dont know much about me nor this game, just sending them to slaughter feeding me bp :)

so... good luck to anyone that tries anything, and thank you for the BP !

DeletedUser56716

nice try but both my cities in 54 and 55 are half ls and half olu just in case :)

besides, im thinking recently about switching ls to triremes so i can front and backsnipe depending on their times ;)

adding up attacks/supports wont mess up my return because i click on my return to open it up on separate window so the movement list in commander overview plays no role :)

and you suggesting them all these things tells me you dont know much about me nor this game, just sending them to slaughter feeding me bp :)

so... good luck to anyone that tries anything, and thank you for the BP !

Every message that you send just demonstrates your lack of thought!

A sound thinker would have no issue adapting what I have said for someone that has 50% split between LS and OLU. But because you are special, I will explain. Let's suppose that you had 150 LS and 2000 slingers in a city. I would build a strong CS ecort which contained Swords and biremes. Additonally, I would build a mixed defensive nuke containing swords and biremes which could deal with your LS and slingers. Then time accordingly to land at the same second.

A much more interesting case that might arise, would be if you had 50% of a defensive unit and 50% offensive unit. But I will leave that to you as an exercise to see if you have understood anything that I have said.

adding up attacks/supports wont mess up my return because i click on my return to open it up on separate window so the movement list in commander overview plays no role

This response confirms to me that EN is a very easy server or you have never fought a real war before. But because you are very special, I will explain. When a player receives 100-200 or even more attacks/supports/spies etc basically any commands sent to a player in a short space of time will slow/lag your grepolis and make recalling difficult. So if you clicked the recall button in your separate window at 12:00:00, it would actually recall at 12:00:01/12:00:02 due to the lag you are receiving from the excessive number of commands that you are receiving.

However, there is a trick to prevent this, but I will not post it in open forum.

If you have anymore questions then feel free to ask and I will be happy to help.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Wow you must be so good, why dont you fight me instead of just talking, seems you must be like the best player of grepo ever lol

DeletedUser56716

Wow you must be so good, why dont you fight me instead of just talking, seems you must be like the best player of grepo ever lol
At this point, I no longer want to argue with you. But, if you have anymore questions then just feel free to message.

DeletedUser38766

Fixed rates, this stuff is not new to any elite player. It´s not that i´m defending lethal but you just sound like you was the only one who knows that stuff. Appreciate your effort tho but you probably just offended half of the server by saying "casual players" (i don´ttake it personally lol :) )

DeletedUser56716

Fixed rates, this stuff is not new to any elite player. It´s not that i´m defending lethal but you just sound like you was the only one who knows that stuff. Appreciate your effort tho but you probably just offended half of the server by saying "casual players" (i don´ttake it personally lol :) )
This stuff is indeed basic stuff, but it seems many players don't even understand what I am talking about which is a shame. I will head back to the Greek server after this world because it is quite boring.

DeletedUser38766

Might it be boring cause you don´t even play this server maybe?
This stuff is indeed basic stuff, but it seems many players don't even understand what I am talking about which is a shame. I will head back to the Greek server after this world because it is quite boring.
Why insteed you don´t take your Greek friends here and make things more interesting here? And show how things are done.

DeletedUser56716

Might it be boring cause you don´t even play this server maybe?

Why insteed you don´t take your Greek friends here and make things more interesting here? And show how things are done.
There is nothing to gain from fighting casual players like Filip. But we are already here!

DeletedUser10810

@fixed Rate, I stopped commenting here long back... you should too. Bacon is an attention seeker clown whose age is 14. Best way to irritate him is to not reply to his non-sense words.

Also on a serious note, apart from in game diplomacy and future strategies, calling EN server a server for casual players might not be the best move. As my good friend Jooser said, many players takes that as a direct insult here. You just fought a clown like Lethal-Bacon, i.e. Fillip I guess. There are many great alliances and players around. EN Server is among the most difficult servers of Grepolis as here players from all around the world meets whereas regional servers like US, Gr, Au are based on particular countries. Competitions are supposed to be less there theoretically compare to EN Servers. I hope in time, you will see what I meant here.
** Disclaimer: Again, this is my personal thought in this post, this should no way reflect my alliance or leader's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56718

By making logical assumptions, you can easily figure out the number of LS he sent or at the very least you can figure out a small range.

The first logical assumption which can be made is that battering ram has not been researched in the defending cities as the cities are quite small.

I thought this stuff was as easy as learning the alphabet, but it seems there are many players in EN at Filip's level. I guess the international server attracts more casual players.
Every message that you send just demonstrates your lack of thought!

A sound thinker would have no issue adapting what I have said for someone that has 50% split between LS and OLU. But because you are special, I will explain. Let's suppose that you had 150 LS and 2000 slingers in a city. I would build a strong CS ecort which contained Swords and biremes. Additonally, I would build a mixed defensive nuke containing swords and biremes which could deal with your LS and slingers. Then time accordingly to land at the same second.

A much more interesting case that might arise, would be if you had 50% of a defensive unit and 50% offensive unit. But I will leave that to you as an exercise to see if you have understood anything that I have said.

This response confirms to me that EN is a very easy server or you have never fought a real war before. But because you are very special, I will explain. When a player receives 100-200 or even more attacks/supports/spies etc basically any commands sent to a player in a short space of time will slow/lag your grepolis and make recalling difficult. So if you clicked the recall button in your separate window at 12:00:00, it would actually recall at 12:00:01/12:00:02 due to the lag you are receiving from the excessive number of commands that you are receiving.

However, there is a trick to prevent this, but I will not post it in open forum.

If you have anymore questions then feel free to ask and I will be happy to help.

You can do that to take his city, or you can stop wasting time and take 5 other cities instead in the meantime, somewhere else. This game boils down to efficiency. Funny how you say that en servers are for casuals, yet every time any french/portugeese/russian alliance tried any of the en servers, they never gotten even close to winning, for at least the time i was playing.

archdude

Phrourach
While I enjoy occasional banter, this post has had a long time since a Top 12 was done, but that's what I'm here for actually. While I haven't done a top 12 before, I've seen some, so let me try this one time.

Aarambh's Top 12:-

1. Bad with Names/Numbers:- I've seen them play worlds prior and seen them win worlds too, this one looks no different. They have pretty solid core and plenty of top players. They also seem to have not lost a single city to any other alliance which is quite impressive. If nothing changes, they'll take away the crown. FLY

2. Bazooka Bunnies:- Recent merger with Free Hugs have made them jump to 2nd place on the points table, they too have a pretty solid core in 54. Stats show that they have hammered Double Trouble, and it seems likely they'll start consolidating the whole ocean and with plenty of feed in it, they shouldn't have any problem short term. SWIM

3. Balkan Boyz:- They've stayed in the top tiers for quite a while but don't seem to have reached the level of BWN in terms of having a core. They're a bit spread from what I can see, but this is a non factor right now and they have plenty of room to move. However they're pretty solid in terms of bp, which is always a positive in my book. If they core up and secure their ocean, they'll be real contenders for the world. SWIM

4. Spirtum Sancti:- They've risen towards the top of the table really fast, that's all I can say for them now. Their ability to sustain seems untested so far, I know the leaders there, and they're good, but their speed of growth seems disproportionate with their achievements in battle so far. Untested yet but looks solid on paper, also they have little to no competition in 44, so they have time on their side. SWIM

5. OCEAN VETERANS/Flaming Dragon:- All caps and a rim alliance would be an automatic sink in my opinion, however considering they have established a solid core in 35, and are doing fairly decent in terms of bp, I think they're worth a watch. Not a top tier team in my eyes, but like Spirtum Sancti, largely untested. FLOAT

6. ThePlague:- Again another team I know from a different world, and again the same formula. They started strong on the server but the momentum fizzled out. They'll most likely fade out from the server sooner than we think. SINK

7. Unnatural selection:- Again another rim alliance from 53 jumping in the top leagues. They've got a good few islands in 53, and they seem to be moving south for action. No opposition so far makes them an unknown quantity and since they've started on the rim, they'll lack any form of opposition for some time. They'll have to fight a few wars before a verdict can be given. FLOAT

8. Double Trouble:- They're truly an alliance about to get eliminated entirely. They seem to have no core sustain and with Bazooka Bunnies hammering down on them I don't see a future for them. SINK

Special Mention

Souvlaki:- They're small but that is largely due to their small member count. They've taken quite a few plague cities, and seem to have plenty farm for themselves. While they haven't collided with the top teams their stats are impressive and sooner or later they'll have to duke it out with the top guns. If they survive they'll emerge as one of the very best on the server.
SWIM

Forgive me if there are a few mistakes, as it's my first. Any positive feedback however is welcome.

Last edited:

DeletedUser56719

I am going to try my best to build a top12, as much as a beginner can do.

1. Bad with Names/Numbers - This alliance rock. This alliance has both great leadership and great players. They don't look like they are rushing things. They do follow a plan and make things step by step. With no major competition in 45, for now. I am sure this alliance have the biggest chance to win. They all are very active players and that helps them to remain above any other alliance in this server. As a leader I am glad I could saw their play style. In this moment they are favorites for crown, but WoK and OV may create some problems to them in future if they don't pay enough attention to secure their home ocean. Every team should be afraid by then because no one can touch them lol, as grepolife is saying. Also they seem to be aware of this problem so, here's a big SWIM from me.

2. Bazooka Bunnies - Here's another strong contender for crown. They are located in 54, that is a home ocean for a lot of food. If they manage to secure their ocean they may have the possibility to steal the crown from BWN. Also they may try to join the central war between BWN/Balkans and TP, in order to secure their 54/55 border. Without risking to be sandwiched by anyone I think they have a real chance to win this world with smart policy and a smart strategy. Some of their players may look arrogant, but I am sure they are going to secure ocean until the new year. So take a SWIM guys.

3. Balkan Boyz: Located in ocean 55 this team managed to destroy TP's chances to crown, with some help from BWN that didn't thought too much and jumped in their help to destroy TP. However you look at them, this team is strong, very strong. They may don't have always the best timing, but they are active, aggressive and persistent. With a very high morale and a smart leadership they may be another favorites for crown. Also their smart plan to surround TP and to block their expansion in 55 was devilish. I love their way to do things and I am sure this team will be a future strong contender for crown. They also have a history in their back with nice achievements, like winning against TP for several times. Adding this to their alliance, it means some percents added to their winning chance. Another SWIM, well done guys!

4. Spirtum Sancti: My alliance so no comment. I don't want to be subjective in this top. Peace!

5. OCEAN VETERANS/Flaming Dragon: This alliance has one of the most interesting core's location. Being based in ocean 35, they plan to build WW area before building a core to fight, even this strategy is very risky, it may work if they succeed to approach BWN to war. Thing that they are going to do, based on their lastest conquests in the node 34/35/44/45. They have some strong players and as it looks like they have a smart leadership too. Even I may be more war less sim, if they win, then they were smarter than anyone else. Because of no competition in their ocean, I give to this team a SWIM too, at least until the conflict with BWN start, then we'll see.

6. ThePlague: TP is one of the most controversial teams on this server. They started as gods and ended as mortals. They had a diamond roster in beginning, and I will stop here because I don't want to blame their leadership for poor location and internal conflicts that was their fault because this happened and for a poor diplomacy. Ups, I did it already. Even so this is my opinion about them, they failed already and in my opinion they have no chance for crown anymore by themselves. If they don't find another team to feed them cities and put them in a favorable location this team is doomed and because of its leaders proud, that won't happen too soon. I am sorry your your thousands of gold invested just to delay your execution. I am mostly sorry for players that still have faith in TP and refuses to see the truth. This alliance said Bye-Bye a long time ago. They are the first alliance that breaks the ice and receive an imminent SINK.

7. Unnatural selection: Even they talk a lot of **** about me and tries constantly to throw mud on Alcoholics, I won't steal their credit. They managed to climb to #7 (#9 in game) in this list, and I congratulate them for this. Also this team's leadership should pay a lot more attention to diplomacy. Also TBWC is in their back and Daniel has a good reputation of being a leader, as I heard. They need to pay a lot more attention to details and to who their friends/enemies are. I give them a FLOAT for now and only time will say if I am right or not

8. Double Trouble: After many betrayals and a lot of internal drama I don't see this team capable to survive. Even if they have some nice players that are trying hard, they won't survive as an alliance. SINK since their first bunch of people left for FH.

9. Souvlaki: They may be small, but they have a lot of potential, taking cities from TP is not a very easy job, so that's why this team has potential to do awesome moves in future. But Balkans won't let them exist in their home ocean. It will be nice and interesting to see their next move that if they are not right, that will be the first and the last move they do in this server. This team will continue to FLOAT until they don't manage to break through Balkans. But if this team is a part of Balkan it's another story, so they SWIM in this case.

Any other alliance not mentioned here is by default food or they didn't managed YET to join top league.

Last edited by a moderator: