Top 12

kingpg28

Phrourach
If you have a different forum name as opposed to your in game name, that shows your skill level.
Either you popular asf or you trying to stop people from attacking you to test your skill
lmao I've tickled alot of feathers on the forums and you don't see me having a different in game name :D...

is this a jab at me? lol everyone knows me

kingpg28

Phrourach
Every message that you send just demonstrates your lack of thought!

A sound thinker would have no issue adapting what I have said for someone that has 50% split between LS and OLU. But because you are special, I will explain. Let's suppose that you had 150 LS and 2000 slingers in a city. I would build a strong CS ecort which contained Swords and biremes. Additonally, I would build a mixed defensive nuke containing swords and biremes which could deal with your LS and slingers. Then time accordingly to land at the same second.

A much more interesting case that might arise, would be if you had 50% of a defensive unit and 50% offensive unit. But I will leave that to you as an exercise to see if you have understood anything that I have said.

This response confirms to me that EN is a very easy server or you have never fought a real war before. But because you are very special, I will explain. When a player receives 100-200 or even more attacks/supports/spies etc basically any commands sent to a player in a short space of time will slow/lag your grepolis and make recalling difficult. So if you clicked the recall button in your separate window at 12:00:00, it would actually recall at 12:00:01/12:00:02 due to the lag you are receiving from the excessive number of commands that you are receiving.

However, there is a trick to prevent this, but I will not post it in open forum.

If you have anymore questions then feel free to ask and I will be happy to help.

im more curious how you think these timings will actually work,, send LS first then land CS same time, build dlu/bir nuke land same second, lol if it was that easy it would be easy taking cities

DeletedUser56716

im more curious how you think these timings will actually work,, send LS first then land CS same time, build dlu/bir nuke land same second, lol if it was that easy it would be easy taking cities

The aim of this method is to prevent the troops that reside in the target city from sniping your CS. It doesn't take into account snipes that may come from other cities.

Case 1: Defensive target city

Let's suppose that a target city had 400 biremes inside. If we wanted to prevent this 400 biremes from sniping the CS, we would need a LS attack and a CS attack to land at the exact same time, in the order LS>>CS. In order to get the LS and CS to land at the same time, you would continuously attack/recall (making sure that you are launching the LS first each time) until you got them to land at the exact same time.

Case 2: Offensive target city
In the event that the target city has an offensive nuke, as an example 3000 slingers. Then you would need a lot of swordsmen in the CS package and you would need to time a DLU nuke (with a lot of swords to the exact same second). Assuming that the CS and DLU had a similar travel time AND the slingers were sent out after the DLU nuke. Then even if the slingers arrive at the same second as the CS and DLU, it will land after the DLU nuke.

Case 3: Offensive and Defensive target city

In the event that a target has both offense and defense. Let's suppose a city has 200 biremes and 1700 slingers. In this case, you will be timing an LS nuke and a CS (that contains a lot of swordsmen) to the same second. You will also have to make sure CS package has enough biremes to tank a 200 bireme backsnipe or enough offensive troops to tank a 1700 slinger + militia front snipe.

Notice that you are only timing two things together in all cases.

DeletedUser41523

The problem is massing enough attacks/supports in a short period of time Vs an active player and their alliance.

If you got an LS attack or two on the same second that’s great. But the opposing alliance is sending their biremes to front snipe it probably. Usually from the midgame onwards you can mass enough local biremes within 5 seconds to stop a well timed CS. And that’s if they don’t decide to just bireme wall the whole op and send you back to reload your fleet.

Also it’s generally going to be hard to fit enough dlu into a 5 second window to negate mass fliers/on island attacks.

You generally have to force a few contested sieges first to begin a successful op against online targets.

DeletedUser56716

The problem is massing enough attacks/supports in a short period of time Vs an active player and their alliance.

If you got an LS attack or two on the same second that’s great. But the opposing alliance is sending their biremes to front snipe it probably. Usually from the midgame onwards you can mass enough local biremes within 5 seconds to stop a well timed CS. And that’s if they don’t decide to just bireme wall the whole op and send you back to reload your fleet.

Also it’s generally going to be hard to fit enough dlu into a 5 second window to negate mass fliers/on island attacks.

You generally have to force a few contested sieges first to begin a successful op against online targets.

True.

In order to consistently conquer this way, your choice of target must be made to your advantage and you must have an alliance with active members that can time well. I've seen 40k DLU stacked within 5 seconds of CS landing.

CS times must be short also. <30 minute to hit them by surprise

A lot of teams don't bother going for timing attempts, because they are pessimistic and think that it's bound to fail. But that's not always the case. A lot of front liners crack under the pressure and not everyone is always online to time a snipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

That can work and has higher success rates. But the problem there is that a good team will generally move in a line and go island by island. They'll also use and enforce their alarm rules. So you can still muster up snipes from a short period of time. People typically don't time because most sieges involve the CS getting past someone and then they're mmed out.