Top 12 Top 12 Alliances

• Thread starter DeletedUser56554
  • Start date

DeletedUser54339

Oh boy this forum is deader than my jokes. And thats saying something! Lets see if i can get something started again.

New top 12. In case you couldn't tell ;)

1/4. Poor people. This team has demonstrated is power since my previous top 12 currently dominating True Fear with a 63-8 warscore (with a little help from some puppets). It has also spent a lot of time destroying local MRA's in its oceans such as HRE (35-0) and and Newbieez (35-0). These guys have proven there metal and i have no doubt they will continue to do so as this server progresses. No real issues facing them right now so I'm giving them a swim.

2. Fake news. -Insert terrible joke about fake news here to avoid analysing your own team here-

3. Licensed to Ill. If I did this top 12 a few days ago i would probably skim over them with little to say but due to the recent FN OP on them i am going to look a bit more in depth. You can view this OP in two ways. LTI would point out the cities where they manage to just about hold as successful defending. Whilst, FN can point to there goals being achieved during the OP. I think if it weren't for peacetime LTI would be in a much more challenging situation. If they can get there dead weight under control and gain some more strong players this team would be very scary. But, for now its going to have to be a float.

5. True Fear. I'm starting this one with another "If i was writing this last week I'd be saying something different." True Fear has just taken a big hit from Poor people and have lost one of there top fighters (Khaos). Whilst, they have bounced back in size its certainly a weakening blow. I think that true fear does have the capability to continue to hold the line against Poor people and perhaps even hit back BUT the question will be if they will put in the effort and grit there teeth to get down in for the long haul. If they do then this team could easily last till dom but thats an if for a reason. I don't really know what ranking to give True Fear because if you ask me there fate is in there own hands and I do not have any clue what is happening in any council on this server.

6. Grepo addicts. This is the part of the top 12 where i start to go into MRA territory and long long longshots. Whilst this team is pretty large they are very spread out and are not doing great on fight points. Furthermore, they are also True Fear's food (judging from the warscore). Unless they can sort out those two issues its a sink.

7. Survivor warriors. For a team that is called survivor warriors they aren't really fulfilling either part of there name. 19th on fight points and losing ground to both FN and LTI. Furthermore, they are pretty spread out. Unless they pull some good diplo skills out of the bag its a sink.

8. Isle of Mifstis toys. They seem like they are very closely bound with LTI. Just an observation from the stats sights (i could well be wrong) but because of that I'm gonna be lazy and give them the same rating as LTI. Float.

9. The last stand. Whilst, this teams odds of ever starting the last stand are slim i do believe they are worth mentioning. So far they are the only MRA that has survived poor peoples initial assault. This shows grit and at least one experienced leader. Both of those qualities are great for a rim MRA. Furthermore, they are in a pretty decent position not as spread out as previous entires and they have plenty of nearby food (potatoes are delicious). Because of that, they are getting a swim for now.

10. The golden horde. I could make a very bad historical joke about how they have named there alliance after an insignificant and failed historical empire but there tightly packed core compared to others and fairly decent warscores have caught my eye. There distance away from major action will give them long term viability. Food from nearby failing alliances will help them grow. Its gonna be a swim from me.

11. Donspuppets. From what I've heard they are pretty chummy with Poor people (please correct me if i am wrong).

Delightful that poors (and puppets) out size TF almost four to
One.
Not gonna lie i find that a bit tacky especially if this theme continues throughout the server.

Interesting name.
Super interesting actually.

Never count these guys
Out though.
But, something about that
Odd name makes me
Delirious.
Isn't it funny how i put more
Effort into a joke that only a
Select people would get rather than just doing a decent top 12.

Pathetically I am playing for time so i can find a good
U. Thats cheating isn't it?
Pah. I don't care at this
Point. I've
Effectively dug my grave
To the bottom.

Did that satisfy you lord don?

12. Lightning Raiders. I could just call these guys an MRA scream sink and move on but they do have quite a tightly packed core and some names i recognise. But, the fact that they can't crush a bunch of potatoes half there size is a strike against them. So, they get a swim with a chance of potatoes.
The irony of Poopsta... - whoops - I mean nobodiespuppet - choosing an alliance name joking about a team which was there at the end of Side when he himself was not... pretty mindblowing tbh.

DeletedUser56649

It has been 2 months since the last listing. Could we have an update, here, please?

DeletedUser56550

Here's my ill-informed attempt I guess...
I have no idea what I'm talking about and this list is probably trash. Just wanted to see a new post

1. FN/VoD
As a member of Rich Boys I have to put my bias aside and give them the #1 spot for now. Very slim margin, but they drew first blood in the war and sit at #1 currently.

2. Rich Boys/Girls
Very close 2nd. The number of cities lost to FN looks worse than it is, almost entirely simmers and inactives.

3. Golden Horde
Starting to become a strong presence in O64. Some very good players there.

4. Survivor Warriors
Far enough from the action that they have plenty of room to grow.

5. Grepo Addicts
Some solid players, seem to be holding up well so far.

6. Last Stand/First Stand
Probably the most overrated alliance here. Earn the #6 ranking due to size, but they're doing very little damage relative to point totals.

7. Everyone else. Started to get bored at this point.

Last Place: True Fear/Epilogue/future ghosts. Thanks for the memories lol

DeletedUser56333

Here's my ill-informed attempt I guess...
I have no idea what I'm talking about and this list is probably trash. Just wanted to see a new post

1. FN/VoD
As a member of Rich Boys I have to put my bias aside and give them the #1 spot for now. Very slim margin, but they drew first blood in the war and sit at #1 currently.

First blood seems... inadequate

The number of cities lost to FN looks worse than it is, almost entirely simmers and inactives.

This feels like Fake News :rolleyes:

1582136837802.png

DeletedUser56550

Huh, wasn't aware the puppets were a rich Boys/Girls sister alliance. Wonder if that skews the numbers at all?? :rolleyes:

Fake News indeed...

DeletedUser56550

Hadn't checked, so yeah that's a bigger gap than I thought lol. Like I said though, we had a lot of inactives and simmers. That number is surprising because I've seen less than 10 defensive forums where we lost the city. A lot of uninvolved players have been kicked or internalled, and I expect that future battles will not be so lopsided. FN has earned the #1 spot for now though, which I already conceded in my original post.

DeletedUser56333

Huh, wasn't aware the puppets were a rich Boys/Girls sister alliance. Wonder if that skews the numbers at all?? :rolleyes:

Fake News indeed...

I wanted to let this go, but its been bothering me. You had shared offense/defense tabs with them. You swapped them cities, and took their players in. Not to mention that, but your founder JungleBear was in the alliance for a bit

1582309144449.png

Do you really expect us to believe that they weren't your sister alliance?

DeletedUser56666

I dont think he was trying to pull wool over everyones eyes and atleast he posted.

As for number of cities we all know the cities you took were mostly the LTI refugees PLR tried to save but honestly were a bit clueless to what was going on but i wont defelect there were some good takes in there from some more seasoned players.

It is hard to deny FN have had good momentum but to show those stats knowing most were LTI refugees which you had destroyed from the inside out and capatilisation on PLR inactive players getting eaten is pretty funny.

Hey i know the in Grepo everything goes and trying to call out opponent is all part of the game but having a go a Vanguard for trying to do a top 12 when none of us have even bothered is a low blow.

Respect Vanguard for doing the top 12 mate and was a good read.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56550

That's fair, but as KHAOS said I'm not trying to be intentionally deceitful. I'm not in a leadership position so I'm not aware of all our diplomacy. However in my minds there's pretty clearly a difference between a sister alliance and an ally. Rich Boys/Girls are sister alliances. They were formed together and are extensions of the same team to bypass the alliance cap. As far as I know puppets were an ally but never a sister alliance. Could just be a difference in semantics and the way we define things, but I thought there was a difference. Again, not trying to deflect criticism or hide the truth.

This is the first time I've even tried to do a top 12 because this forum is dead and boring. Now I guess I understand why no one posts theirs... lol

I guess I should have been more careful how I worded things, didn't know my post would be picked apart and analyzed by the top minds of Grepolis. So sorry for the inconvenience that my 2 minute post caused everyone... :rolleyes:

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
Back in the day, when someone started picking at someones else's top 12 there would be people coming in to pick apart the guy doing the picking. And then more people would join in on the picking and trashing. Now people get all iffy. F

Good try on the t12 though, its something.

As for poop, he has this fetish of being an "independent alliance", probably has every alliance brown to him as well, but he really is just another branch.