Conquer a Mod Competition (Pseira Edition)

DeletedUser53612

Ok let me sum up here and give you a bit more - its been a week someone needs to get this prize:

Who am I
I am well travelled
I lost my head in London
I have another in Paris
I originated in the area you know as spain
I have built a wall - not my first I might add.........

My location and city name - refer to Herodotus Histories book 2 chapter 73 in translation and abbreviated ' There is another sacred bird whose name is the…………….. It is said that when his father dies he flies from Arabia to the Temple of the sun carrying his dead fathers ashes…………….'

Does this help?

Sorry I missed this
My 2 closest neighbors are not a threat. The island has flamers hence my city name...... For details of the banners read the historical quote above.

Come and get me :)

Reference to Herodotus book 2 chapter 73:
There is another sacred bird, too, whose name is phoenix. I myself have never seen it, only pictures of it; for the bird seldom comes into Egypt: once in five hundred years, as the people of Heliopolis say. [2] It is said that the phoenix comes when his father dies. If the picture truly shows his size and appearance, his plumage is partly golden and partly red. He is most like an eagle in shape and size. [3] What they say this bird manages to do is incredible to me. Flying from Arabia to the temple of the sun, they say, he conveys his father encased in myrrh and buries him at the temple of the Sun. [4] This is how he conveys him: he first molds an egg of myrrh as heavy as he can carry, then tries lifting it, and when he has tried it, he then hollows out the egg and puts his father into it, and plasters over with more myrrh the hollow of the egg into which he has put his father, which is the same in weight with his father lying in it, and he conveys him encased to the temple of the Sun in Egypt. This is what they say this bird does.

Now, go and get her :)

Hydna

Grepolis Team
well my wall just lost 8 levels and the guy doesnt read the forum!!!! - next time you wont get the prize if you dont get the clues!

Although tbh im not sure who is getting these clues even when they do read it!

DeletedUser55889

Maybe because the clues that are given are not very useful and properly thought out.

Is attacking you more than once fairplay or not fairplay btw? I don't want to get banned for 1000 gold.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Mmmm ok but @Loves You seems to have worked it out very early on - this guy seems to have a good chance at a revolt so if he succeeds great but if not I will give some more clues. I will answer questions.

As for attacking - well thats the point of this competition and no one seems to have issues!

thewilsh

Phrourach
Mmmm ok but @Loves You seems to have worked it out very early on - this guy seems to have a good chance at a revolt so if he succeeds great but if not I will give some more clues. I will answer questions.

As for attacking - well thats the point of this competition and no one seems to have issues!

Seems to be some contradiction there then! I read somewhere you guys are banning people for attacking a little more than they should because its not "fair". So answer the question; what is fair play and what isn't because I am sure there are more than just me that are confused around this new adoption of "fair play"

xFate

Strategos
Seems to be some contradiction there then! I read somewhere you guys are banning people for attacking a little more than they should because its not "fair". So answer the question; what is fair play and what isn't because I am sure there are more than just me that are confused around this new adoption of "fair play"

Wilsh??? You're still kicking?????

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Ok looks like my time is running out.........

So let me explain the clues - could they have been improved upon? You tell me. I think this has been fun so I would like to do this again.

I am well travelled, I lost my head in London and I have another in Paris:
1589361395667.png

I originated in the country you know as Spain Hadrian was born in Italica - modern day Seville

The Gods have reason to love me:
Hadrian built a lot of temples to honour the gods including the Pantheon and the temple of Zeus in Athens:

1589362105813.png

I have a wall of 24 - not my first I might add - I LOVE WALLS

Hadrian build 'Hadrian's Wall' which stretches across England in the North to create a barrier to keep out the Picts:

1589361624652.png

My Location and city name:

I was thinking I was in danger of exploding but that danger seems to have vanished! - the alliance Boom Boom was closest originally. They changed to Phoenix.

Herodotus Histories 2:73. Kindly copied over by @bala162425 above:
So Phoenix -the Phoenix alliance is the closest to me.
The Phoenix takes his fathers ashes to the Temple of the sun

My city name Templum Solis is latin for Temple of the sun

1589361991526.png

My Alliance name - not referenced as a clue but from the start indicated Gold - 'Aurum et Circenses' rather than the traditional saying Panem et Circenses'

Well done to @Loves You who did get this very early on

and Congratulations to @MarkusWolf who apparently does not read the forum and when i suggested he did said i was a FB meme!!!

1589369041759.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser54708

How about instead of these little competitions no one cares about you guys actually fix the game ? All commands are stuck as "processing" right after this new update...

Broken for you too? Only thing showing is this. Seems the new update broke Grepo hahah

Attachments

• Grepo Broken.PNG
    Grepo Broken.PNG
    318.9 KB · Views: 8

DeletedUser52840

Yes,literally broke after the update. Everyone is experiencing the same. But hey, at least we got these little competitions right Hydna ?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Yes,literally broke after the update. Everyone is experiencing the same. But hey, at least we got these little competitions right Hydna ?

Indeed in the true tradition of antiquity as indicated in my alliance name:

Definition of panem et circenses
: bread and circuses : sustenance and entertainment provided by government to appease public discontent.

so here

"aurum et circenses' since aurum (gold) is the substance needed to appease the grep community :)