The Just For Laughs - Retribution War: A Brief Interview with Retribution's Leader Aestibus

DeletedUser41523

TKF: So its understood that Retribution is a part of a coalition to bring down Just For Laughs and has been since the early days of the protection period. What inspired the coalition to form?

Aestibus:
The coalition formed on a message from Charlie trying to force Retribution out of O54, we said no and he has since used in excess of 100k gold to try and take us out. This of course is unfair to all these new players that just want to play the game. I originally made this alliance so that all players, old and new, can be part of a team without being bullied, but it seems Charlie has other plans. A lot of the coalition members have been in previous worlds with Charlie and know how he operates, none of them positive, and they all want him gone as he makes the world unfair and unplayable for any normal player.

TKF: How do you feel you're doing right now in the war with Just For Laughs? The score seems to indicate that Just For Laughs leads 2-0. How have you responded to this?

Aestibus:
Those numbers aren't right, the 2 players he took cities from were players only in it for the gold, they were just about to be removed, so in retrospect its 0-0. Our response was an attack on a few of his cities, but guess what, he managed to backsnipe within 1 second of CS land while he was driving home, hmmm smells a bit fishy.

TKF: Have other coalition members been participating and supporting?

Aestibus:
Not going to share.

TKF: Have any other groups attacked you?

Aestibus:
Not going to share.

TKF: Whats the current mental state of the coalition?

Aestibus:
The coalitions doing just fine.

TKF: What do you think needs to happen to turn the battle in your favor?

Aestibus:
For c*cklord Charlie to stop spending £300+ a week on a browser game to get a feeling of self worth.

Disclaimer: These interviews are quoted word for word. The leader's name was revealed with their consent. Anonymity is always offered in these interviews if somebody so desires. One word was partially censored to try to fit forum rules.

DeletedUser55889

"Whats the current mental state of the coalition?"

I'm able to answer that. Their top player just folded due to pressure, their leaders don't use alarms at night and some of their more outspoken players also follow suit.
But yep, keep imagining that they're doing just fine.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I kind of like this interview, much like @Aestibus fictional writing, this too is pure fiction, maybe he should stick to writing because he is clearly better at it than this game, not that his writing is any good either.

" TKF: Have other coalition members been participating and supporting? "

answer is pretty simple, out of 10 teams, only retribution and Boom are working relatively closely, and by working relatively closely i mean 1 guy that is trying to help them with LS.

they are drowning and will probably soon disband or start bleeding a lot of cities from all those "gold traders" they have there.

Last edited:

DeletedUser56742

Can you stop stealing alliance names please. Nem and Ret are both alliances in 126. Cuck

DeletedUser57184

"Whats the current mental state of the coalition?"

I'm able to answer that. Their top player just folded due to pressure, their leaders don't use alarms at night and some of their more outspoken players also follow suit.
But yep, keep imagining that they're doing just fine.

Hi Sophie,

As we’re a group of individuals it is not possible give an assessment of our overall mind state but I can tell you that I’m having a great time getting to know a large group of people who, until 7 days ago, were strangers to each other.

No one would play Grepo if they didn’t like the social aspect and as we’ve seen over the last few days there are two polarising approaches; where we like to attract new relationships, you appear to repel them. What we do brings new players into the game and what you do forces them out of it.

A group of us had a very fun time last night watching Charlie’s continued descent into toxic despair (check his discord log around 3AM BST, he had a one-man argument - impressive).

Even though some of the players have left (get well soon Zen) it’s still been enjoyable meeting them. I haven’t yet met anyone in the alliance who bases their sense of self worth on in game success so whilst we’re very happy for you to continue sending insults about our gameplay just be aware that none of them are landing. You will find some of us don’t use alarms, choosing instead to sleep for more than 2hrs at a time in order to be well rested for more meaningful responsibilities – folly, I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

1saaa

Strategos
Hi Sophie,

As we’re a group of individuals it is not possible give an assessment of our overall mind state but I can tell you that I’m having a great time getting to know a large group of people who, until 7 days ago, were strangers to each other.

No one would play Grepo if they didn’t like the social aspect and as we’ve seen over the last few days there are two polarising approaches; where we like to attract new relationships, you appear to repel them. What we do brings new players into the game and what you do forces them out of it.

A group of us had a very fun time last night watching Charlie’s continued descent into toxic despair (check his discord log around 3AM BST, he had a one-man argument - impressive).

Even though some of the players have left (get well soon Zen) it’s still been enjoyable meeting them. I haven’t yet met anyone in the alliance who bases their sense of self worth on in game success so whilst we’re very happy for you to continue sending insults about our gameplay just be aware that none of them are landing. You will find some of us don’t use alarms, choosing instead to sleep for more than 2hrs at a time in order to be well rested for more meaningful responsibilities – folly, I know.

There’s one final thing that you may be able to help me with…

When I was 17, I went to Amsterdam for the first time. Naturally, we took in the sights. As we were walking through the red-light district, we saw a hugely obese and highly intoxicated man stumbling out of one of the knocking shops. It piqued my curiosity but I was too reserved to ask any questions at the time. Maybe you could provide some insight – How much does Charlie pay you? And, is it worth it?
The first half read like a PR statement. Its a shame because you actually fired a few decent shots as well...

DeletedUser56742

This offends me, i think you deserve to be spammed attacked repeatedly with min pop HC's

Wlod

Hipparchus
Hi Sophie,

There’s one final thing that you may be able to help me with…

When I was 17, I went to Amsterdam for the first time. Naturally, we took in the sights. As we were walking through the red-light district, we saw a hugely obese and highly intoxicated man stumbling out of one of the knocking shops. It piqued my curiosity but I was too reserved to ask any questions at the time. Maybe you could provide some insight – How much does Charlie pay you? And, is it worth it?

Some decent write I am seeing in external forums in a long time. Well done you!

DeletedUser41523

Did I mention that this interview has a part 2 featuring SamuraiViper?

TKF: Its understood that Retribution is a part of a coalition to bring down Just For Laughs and has been since the early days of the protection period. What inspired the coalition to form?

SamuraiViper:
It was fair play BTW aka charlie, that really just needs an ego boost because clearly something isn't going on in his life atm and needs to feel powerful on a browser game, messaged everyone inside our peaceful alliance stating that we have to move from our home ocean or he will spam attack us. He has even attempted to fake mass mail us using his pets in his alliance to get us to support him. Many alliances that are part of the coalition simply just hate charlie and his clear use of bots. Someone or something has to make a stand, whether it was us or the next alliance on charlies intimidation list.

TKF: How do you feel you're doing right now in the war with Just For Laughs? The score seems to indicate that Just For Laughs leads 2-0. How have you responded to this?

SamuraiViper:
As of right now we are in talks to fight back. Granted they will be winning simply because of charlies ridiculous amount he puts into the game, not down to any sole players experience or ability. At this point it is just how much money charlie wants to put into a browser game to feel some sort of power.

SamuraiViper:
No Comment

SamuraiViper: No comment

SamuraiViper: Yeah we are all fine and staying strong despite the clear use of bots :)

SamuraiViper:
For charlie not to use bots/put hundreds into a game and bullying other alliances as he deems fit. Basically for charlie to get a life and that grepolis isnt the be all and end all.

Blank Face

Hipparchus
I can play as the morale driver. Doesn't matter who you are. All you need is to pay me 2K of gold per week and I will work on you. :D

Just bidness and nuthin else.

Waiting for propositions. ;)

But... money the first. ;)

DeletedUser46395

Well this is all very jolly, but I'm struggling to see the point of it. Oh, TKF is just being a good journo, but I really don't see what Retribution hope to gain by cooperating with it. Surely a good PnP would give them more control? The first part of each part reads just like one, but the "No comments" are so damaging - the reader immediately sees the weakness of the coalition.
Nothing will change anybody's opinion of Charlie - those on his side are very grateful for his debit card, whereas everybody else thinks he's completely ruining the game (and I'm certainly of that opinion). The open accusations of cheating are something that would certainly not have been tolerated by the Mods when I was last playing, however true they may or may not have been. Sophie I don't personally have any opinion on, as she seems to have appeared during my absence. Again, though, she seems loved by her own crew, hated by others. Whatever's written in here isn't going to change minds.
So as a neutral that's not particularly well disposed to Charlie on principle, I read this and shake my head. Yeah, it's a bit nasty and personal, but I doubt very much if Charlie and Sophie are the types to care about that - rather they will be delighted at how rattled their opponents are. You're hardly going to get under their skin with stuff that they've mostly accepted anyway. And they'll be delighted at how weak this coalition appears to be, for that matter.
PnPs work when they make the subject look foolish. I'm rather afraid what this has achieved is to make the interviewees look foolish. Not the Kitten's fault, he's made it very clear that they had every opportunity to back out of any and all of it.

1saaa

Strategos
This is spot on. The answer that really gets me is this:

"As of right now we are in talks to fight back."

I'm sorry what? You should not be in talks to fight back. You should not be planning to fight back. You should have an OP ready to go NOW.

But, instead you will talk in your internal forum. No one will be able to take charge because your all very afraid of someone taking charge that isn't you and before you know it their will be no coalition left.

DeletedUser41523

So from my own personal point of view I can’t say I disagree with you @Bearissimus this probably isn’t how I would have responded to these questions. But I think it does give valuable insight into how the group thinks and who the leaders are. This group, given its sheer size and connections to other teams, will likely be around in some capacity for the server. So might as well get to know them. If they want to use it to trash talk, well that’s their business and is no less entertaining.

I planned this as a two parter and want to get the JFL perspective next. I felt it was fitting to start with the other side though as they’re less known. I think if I keep doing this I’ll probably start with the losing side on every conflict and give the winning side a chance to respond.

DeletedUser46395

Oh I'm not criticising you or the article as news in any way. It's a very solid piece of work. I hope what I've said doesn't discourage people coming forwards and answering your questions in future.

DeletedUser41523

Part 3 this time from Retribution II leader himanshu gupta

TKF: So its understood that Retribution is a part of a coalition to bring down Just For Laughs and has been since the early days of the protection period. What inspired the coalition to form?

himanshu gupta:
Seemed like Just for Laughs's leader had alot of enemies from previous worlds

himanshu gupta:
rhetorical question is it :p

himanshu gupta: Well this war is helping alot of our players gain experience so Im guessing it not that bad.

himanshu gupta:
Yes they have been, I guess all that is required is some time so players can land a good nuke against players from JFK who have been using Gold. (Btw Im not against using gold, but we all know it has its advantages haha )

himanshu gupta:
No

himanshu gupta:
Mental state hasnt been affected as attacks from JFK havent been that much of a trouble compared to the size of coalition.

himanshu gupta:
It might be a fast paced game, but its just the beginning. Its too soon to conclude anything :)

DeletedUser46395

Ah, now that's so much better. That's a confident leader that doesn't sound defensive or borderline desperate. THAT'S how to deal with those questions.