Proposal Server time displayed in the app.

Fezic

Lochagos
Proposal: Have server time always displayed in HH:MM:SS format on the app.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?yes/no

Reason: As soon as you log into the browser you can see the time and date and it is always displayed. On the app right now to get an exact server time displayed on the app I have to select a city then select trade. I can also have it displayed by selecting a city then selecting attack or support then populating some troop then scrolling down.

Details: In app server clock prominently displayed under the resources, and above the city name bar in HH:MM:SS format.

Visual Aids:

Balance:
This will give app players access to info that browsers players always have. Timing is pretty important in this game so having the time displayed on the app will help with balance.

Abuse Prevention: I can't think of any abuse issue.

Summary: On my phone the app uses the entire screen so not even my phone clock is displayed. On the browser you can alway look at the time the app should be the same.

Fezic

Lochagos
Perhaps if the aesthetics aren't the dev favorite it could be an optional widget that you check a box in the options menu. "display server time" on/off.

DeletedUser55989

The server time is displayed on the command launch overview, so when you're sending supports & attacks you can see the current server time in HH:MM:SS and the landing time.

Fezic

Lochagos
The server time is displayed on the command launch overview, so when you're sending supports & attacks you can see the current server time in HH:MM:SS and the landing time.
I know.
On the app right now to get an exact server time displayed on the app I have to select a city then select trade. I can also have it displayed by selecting a city then selecting attack or support then populating some troop then scrolling down.
When I'm looking at my alliances forum time isn't displayed. So if I'm quickly trying to figure where I can be an effective team mate it's very difficult on the app. It takes a lot more steps. When I use the app mostly I don't have a lot of time because I'm on a break and just checking in. The app is supposed to be used for this as a supplement to the browser. It would just be a better tool if you could see the server time at the same time as you are looking at help requests.

Last edited:

DeletedUser57253

I'm a little late, but I'm all for this, and for all the reasons stated by Fezic!
I think there is adequate room at the very bottom, between City/Map and Menu for a small clock, the font size doesn't need to be larger than you see on those two items.
It would be nice if the menu would be very slightly smaller so the clock could always be in view. I have to scroll to see the whole menu, or alliance forum anyway