Wheel of Fortune Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On December 7th the newly reworked Tyche's Wheel of Fortune will begin. Please post any feedback about the event you have here.

DeletedUser55437

Question - is there a list of possible tokens you can roll? Like all the rituals, dlu, myth tokens etc...

Tons of Tobi

Taxiarch
I love the artworks of the paintings, but one criticism i have after using it for one time:

the inventory window is way too small // the favor reward cant properly show the digit of the amount

Darth Akula

Lochagos

For a Christmas/New Year's Event - it's the stupidest thing ever. Bring back the Wheel of Fortune!!! That is a staple event!!

This event does MUCH better replacing the stupid, pointless, and otherwise less participated in Grepo-games (Grepo-Olympia).

Otherwise, the event itself is great, great work devs and mods. Just bad spot/time to place it. Please kill the grepogames and use this there instead and give us back the wheel of fortune

DeletedUser55437

For a Christmas/New Year's Event - it's the stupidest thing ever. Bring back the Wheel of Fortune!!! That is a staple event!!

This event does MUCH better replacing the stupid, pointless, and otherwise less participated in Grepo-games (Grepo-Olympia).

Otherwise, the event itself is great, great work devs and mods. Just bad spot/time to place it. Please kill the grepogames and use this there instead and give us back the wheel of fortune
wheel of fortune gives non-golders one token per day. Every other event including this one gives wayy more... This is better

Darth Akula

Lochagos
wheel of fortune gives non-golders one token per day. Every other event including this one gives wayy more... This is better

So you're complaining about a feature of the game, that allows the game to be the game and ad-free, and one that has been a staple in the core of the game and one that thousands of players utilize - all because you choose not to? Got it.

Not better at all - great event, not better than the WOF as that IS the Christmas event. This, is not.

DeletedUser55437

Why are you so emotionally attached to an event just because its "The Christmas event"
So you're complaining about a feature of the game, that allows the game to be the game and ad-free, and one that has been a staple in the core of the game and one that thousands of players utilize - all because you choose not to? Got it.
So you are saying old event is good because golders have a heavy advantage?

Darth Akula

Lochagos
Why are you so emotionally attached to an event just because its "The Christmas event"

So you are saying old event is good because golders have a heavy advantage?

I'm not "attached" to it. Just giving feedback that this event is a poor replacement and that the WOF should never have been replaced. It's one of if not the best event Grepo has. And golder ALWAYS have an advantage. Just like ANY person who plays ANY game and spends money will always have a slight advantage. Same is true in real life war too - you got the bigger stick, typically, you're naturally going to win. I'm not seeing your complaint here other than maybe you're butthurt that golders, you know, gold?

bigpol16

Peltast
i do not like an event that has capped coins in this case. you can reach the max within 5 minutes of playing. but i do like the addional inventoy space. bring back a chicken that you feed and it poops out an egg but dont limit the amount of food you get

1saaa

Strategos
This event is a big improvement over the wheel of fortune. I'd take this over the wheel of fortune any day. Some Christmas theming around the artwork and such would be pretty fun but overall great job Inno.

DeletedUser54192

As a free-to-play, I currently prefer this event on a mechanical level.

Pros:
  • Multiple spins (average 7) per day, means that you will usually get at least a couple of useful tokens each day if you want to, without having to spend gold. On Wheel of Fortune, if you got unlucky, you could end up with 1 pretty much useless token, and that was that unless you wanted to spend gold. (For example, a Trojan defence on a conquest world.)
  • The possibility of doubling a reward is always nice.
  • The "grand prize" tracker meaning another bonus is a nice concept, and it's interesting to see it turn up in more Grepolis events (it's a part of the majority of their events over on Forge of Empires).
  • The ability to save tries from day-to-day means that you don't have to waste attempts on a wheel if there's not much that you want, or you can intentionally save up enough to fully-deplete a wheel on a day that you absolutely have to get a particular token.
Cons:
  • Christmas artwork would have been preferable.
  • Some of the tokens are significantly lower value than you would have seen in Wheel of Fortune, from what I can remember. (Shorter recruitment/construction boost tokens, and small resource packages.) Then again, I suppose that balances out against getting around 7 tokens per day.
  • Skewed probabilities for different items. I will expand on this later.
  • I like to see a greater variety of mythical (and non-mythical) units tokens available through events. But I do think that there needs to be a little more structure. Having Cerberi as the non-daily-special mythical unit on my wheel 3 days in a row on a conquest world can be a little irritating.
  • While the idea of a grand prize is always fun, I'm not a huge fan of this particular upgradeable reward. The obvious counter-part to Ares' Rage, except that it's much more situational, and of extremely-limited usage on conquest worlds.

That's just my thoughts at the moment. Perhaps these will change as the event goes on, perhaps not.

And now to come back to skewed percentages. As I'm sure everyone here has noticed, the chances of getting the more valuable items are generally lower than the chances of getting the less valuable items. The daily special has an extremely low initial chance by comparison. Normally, I'm not sure that I would mind too much. However, InnoGames introduced this skewed probability mechanism into the previous Wheel of Fortune type of event, for the 2017 Tyche's Advent Calendar, claiming that the change was made based on feedback (although the community seemed unable to locate the feedback triggering the change). A lot of players, I believe across multiple markets, pointed out that this was unnecessary and negative change, for a number of reasons. InnoGames actually listened, and removed the skewed probabilities shortly afterwards (I believe in time for the Spring incarnation of the wheel event). And now they've brought the criticised change back in as part of a larger overhaul. While I like this new event as a whole, I feel that this particular aspect was a betrayal of the community, as it flew in the face of significant feedback, and reversed one of the few recent occasions where event feedback was positively acted upon.

xFate

Strategos
I'm not "attached" to it. Just giving feedback that this event is a poor replacement and that the WOF should never have been replaced. It's one of if not the best event Grepo has. And golder ALWAYS have an advantage. Just like ANY person who plays ANY game and spends money will always have a slight advantage. Same is true in real life war too - you got the bigger stick, typically, you're naturally going to win. I'm not seeing your complaint here other than maybe you're butthurt that golders, you know, gold?
The best event

mate go back to whatever server you came from

bigpol16

Peltast
i still prefer the Halloween one with spells.
really no advantage of someone using gold
100 coins for 1200 gold i rather have 24 olympic games for the same amount
thats 10 spins of what i noticed as not as many mythical reinformences or offensive based prices
no daily ranking
no overall ranking
in the case of halloween i learned the hydra spell quick for lets say the same amount of 1200 gold i could get 50-100 hydras
thats a more likely decision to spend my gold
artwork is nice though