Top 12 Dave's Top 12 thread

XiHerculesGR

Taxiarch
First time trying,dont be too harsh on me.Keep in mind that a)I am a leader of a top alliance,b)this is my first en server so i dont have any experience in the past with any of you.

#1 Judgement Day (#1 Attack / #4 Defense)
- My alliance,wont say anything.

#2 The Ghost (#2 Attack / #2 Defense)
-Based in O55.High Highs,Low Lows.They have some great players.At the same time they have a lot of food to internalise.Their leader suddenly quitted(wishes for speed recover to dat) so they needed to renew their council on a short notice.They are fighting against both of the two great forces inside 45 , TF and MD. No clue who will prevail.Based on the stats ghosts are losing the war but most of the cities they lost were from food players.Time will tell.For now --> - FLOAT

#3 Mud Dogs (#4 Attack / #5 Defense)

- Based in O45.Small group of players. Most of them are good fighters! They have managed to survive even when they were greatly outnumbered. They are fighting mostly against Ghosts recently ( at least based on grepodata ) for the 45/55 borders.They share the ocean with TF ( O45 ) but they are in control of almost all the islands inside O45 which are close to the cross.Due to that,they are in a great position for the end-game. -- FLOAT

#4 True Fear (#3 Attack / #11 Defense)

- Based in O45. Personally , don't know a lot about them.Their core is deep inside 45,far away from the cross.They are mostly fighting Ghosts , getting deeper and deeper inside 55.No clue if they are gonna fight to get the islands inside O45 which are close to the cross.Judging by what i have heard,they have a bunch of premade veterans who have played a lot of worlds together so co-ordination wont be an issue for them.They haven't been under any serious pressure yet.Time will tell how good they are.For now - FLOAT

#5 Tolerators (#5 Attack / #11 Defense)

- Sorry not sorry but this is my point of view so trash talking inc.Won't get into personal drama,this post must be as objective as possible.

Based in O54.Bunch of random players,except from a small group of premades.The only reason that they exist is because i had huge respect for their leader.Long story short,they refused in the long run to be a part of JD by joining our sis.They decided to carve their own path( Imo they bit the hand that fed them ).Front-runners of a huge coalition of 4 main alliances ( Them + Convent + ChEmp +SnowFlakes or how the F they called) and their sis which they made to fight against us.Lost 28 cities on the first day of war vs JD inside O54.I will make sure they will sink.They will need scuba-divers to find them when we finish with them. -SINK

The rest of the alliances are either sis,branch,extension e.t.c of the top ones or they are small alliances who play the classic diplo "neutral game".They just want to have a good relationship with everyone,survive until late game , observe which alliance has the most chances of winning and then join them while back-stabbing the rest of the pack.
Not my cup of tea so imo they are not even worth mentioning.

Tried my best.Will do it again in a month.
Cheers!
Xi

First time trying,dont be too harsh on me.Keep in mind that a)I am a leader of a top alliance,b)this is my first en server so i dont have any experience in the past with any of you.

#1 Judgement Day (#1 Attack / #4 Defense)
- My alliance,wont say anything.

#2 The Ghost (#2 Attack / #2 Defense)
-Based in O55.High Highs,Low Lows.They have some great players.At the same time they have a lot of food to internalise.Their leader suddenly quitted(wishes for speed recover to dat) so they needed to renew their council on a short notice.They are fighting against both of the two great forces inside 45 , TF and MD. No clue who will prevail.Based on the stats ghosts are losing the war but most of the cities they lost were from food players.Time will tell.For now --> - FLOAT

#3 Mud Dogs (#4 Attack / #5 Defense)

- Based in O45.Small group of players. Most of them are good fighters! They have managed to survive even when they were greatly outnumbered. They are fighting mostly against Ghosts recently ( at least based on grepodata ) for the 45/55 borders.They share the ocean with TF ( O45 ) but they are in control of almost all the islands inside O45 which are close to the cross.Due to that,they are in a great position for the end-game. -- FLOAT

#4 True Fear (#3 Attack / #11 Defense)

- Based in O45. Personally , don't know a lot about them.Their core is deep inside 45,far away from the cross.They are mostly fighting Ghosts , getting deeper and deeper inside 55.No clue if they are gonna fight to get the islands inside O45 which are close to the cross.Judging by what i have heard,they have a bunch of premade veterans who have played a lot of worlds together so co-ordination wont be an issue for them.They haven't been under any serious pressure yet.Time will tell how good they are.For now - FLOAT

#5 Tolerators (#5 Attack / #11 Defense)

- Sorry not sorry but this is my point of view so trash talking inc.Won't get into personal drama,this post must be as objective as possible.

Based in O54.Bunch of random players,except from a small group of premades.The only reason that they exist is because i had huge respect for their leader.Long story short,they refused in the long run to be a part of JD by joining our sis.They decided to carve their own path( Imo they bit the hand that fed them ).Front-runners of a huge coalition of 4 main alliances ( Them + Convent + ChEmp +SnowFlakes or how the F they called) and their sis which they made to fight against us.Lost 28 cities on the first day of war vs JD inside O54.I will make sure they will sink.They will need scuba-divers to find them when we finish with them. -SINK

The rest of the alliances are either sis,branch,extension e.t.c of the top ones or they are small alliances who play the classic diplo "neutral game".They just want to have a good relationship with everyone,survive until late game , observe which alliance has the most chances of winning and then join them while back-stabbing the rest of the pack.
Not my cup of tea so imo they are not even worth mentioning.

Tried my best.Will do it again in a month.
Cheers!
Xi
You've done some observation. good to see a new and long-waited-for Top12 post uploaded.

mats25

Phrourach
need to give you a like, for the post .sametime i have to give some feedback as well .
i am one of the member of the ship ,what sinks alone, but i am a bit disagree of some things.

1. ,they refused in the long run to be a part of JD by joining our sis:why you needed new sis. alliance as we was you sis alliance, as tolerators understanded.We attacked and had same enemye as you guyes,same friends the same goal.You tell we eated from you hand...no we not,we walked next to you.what you did ,you used us to hold O54 in peace(tactica) till you fighted for O44.
2. They decided to carve their own path:Yes desided ,and only thing for this was, you way as you offered it...Join or be eaten.some of here and others can stay there and be eaten...halleluja...you seems a bit naive or dictator...
Anywayi need to be realistic and tell yes you are killing and attacking powerfully and good,without question ,but one thing i can tell.
you need to eat you words about

I will make sure they will sink.They will need scuba-divers to find them when we finish with them. -SINK
chause here is too much to eat and you just cant eat all this good food.
as i respect Karl as well i stand here till end and hold up Tolerators flag .so happy hounting.

with all respect .

1saaa

Strategos
Let’s have a proper top ten. Where’s 1saaa when you need a good one?
Well that's a callout. I'm not playing this server and know nothing about its current politics so I may get some things wrong. Forgive me if that's the case.

The Top 12 From The Person Not Playing The Server
(don't sue me pls)
1/10. Judgement day. Holding the top spot in both fight points and city points, this group stands imposingly in 54 and 44. They also have strong warscores against other top 12 teams like tolerators and shadow wolf legion (aka the edgy dead mra). The current position of judgement day gives them good long term viability for domination. Long term they do have a potential problem with true fear sweeping up from the south and rolling them up. But for now I don't see why this shouldn't be a swim.

2/12. The Ghosts. Is it just me or does a ghosts team appear on every server? I want to know if this is the same guy making the team every time or if their are just thousands of people in the world who think ghosts is a good name for a team. In saying that, this is also probably the most successful ghosts team I have seen so far (though, that isn't saying much). They currently hold 55 but I wouldn't call it a secure holding. They are bleeding cities to true fear and losing a war to mud dogs (though it is somewhat close). All in all, my biggest surprise about this team is that they aren't dead yet. It wouldn't surprise me if Judgement day had some sort of deal with them because they have sustained no loses from that group as of now (according to grepolife). I think this is possibly a mistake on Judgement days part. Controlling the core cities is key to winning domination and not taking control of those cities will eventually mean your future enemies (cough, true fear, cough cough) will. All in all I think ghosts show all the signs of a weak MRA team that made it this far by being the largest fish in the bond. But, they are in the sea now and it's only a matter of time before the sharks smell blood and tear them limb from limb. Float and then sink.

3. Mud Dogs. If you changed one letter in this name, to make it the superior descriptor for a dog alliance, I'd be giving you guys a swim and I could get onto the next group. Alas, this madness lives only in my dreams. Holding third place in both fight points and city points, mud dogs currently hold the northern part of 45. They also have Stannis-Storm somewhere in leadership, so I can pretty safely say that they don't have morons running the show. With strong warscores across the board I should be giving these guys a straight swim, right? Yeah even my bias for dog alliances (despite hating dogs) can't stop me from pointing out a big problem. That problem being that these guys are absolutely surrounded. Judgement day and wolves on the north, true fear on the south and ghosts on the east. I have no doubts that this group will be able to scrap its way through a lot but if they show even a hint of weakness every alliance surrounding them will go for a piece of the pie. In my eyes, the best path for this team lies in forming a powerful core somewhere less risky than their current position. All the potential risks from their positioning aside, this is otherwise a solid team that I'll be giving a swim (for now). I give them a swim because unlike other teams (such as ghosts) I think MD (I love using that acronym) has the potential firepower and organisation to make their current position better. So a swim it is.

4/7. True Fear. Oh fun, this is the part that I'm going to get flamed for. YAYYYYYYYYYYY. True fear seem to be building a powerful core on the 55/45 border. They are currently slashing through ghosts in southern 55 and will continue to do so. In a server like this true fears strategy of dropping later will work really well for them because they don't have to worry about attacks from multiple sides. They can keep on pressuring team one at a time and making them fold with their only real threat being the team they are fighting. People like to take shots at true fear for their dropping late strategy but I think in this kind of server it can potentially be a winning one. If true fear stick to their guns and play solid grepo they can easily come out on top to win this server. It's normally at this point that I'd list out some of the negatives of a team. True fears biggest problem will be judgement day IMO. I don't know enough about judgement day to say how a 1 v 1 would go down but the headstart in points will help judgement day quite a lot. In other words its a tossup. But me desperately trying to look into the future should not prevent what is an obvious Swim rating.

Now that I've finished with the big boys (and the dead team walking) it's now time to move onto the supporting groups. These are smaller groups that are simply not on the same level as the ones I've listed before. But, don't let that fool you into thinking that they will have no impact. These groups can play a decisive role in supporting or fighting larger teams ultimately playing a hand in their eventual victories or downfalls. That's enough dillydallying from me though, time to list them out.

5. Tolerators. I think this team is going to sink. They are getting smacked down by judgement day and have lost some of their players to the larger group. Furthermore, they have no true established core to fight back from. I won't go into much more detail because I don't truly think it's necessary. Sink.

6. Shadow Wolf Legion. This group has all three MRA naming tropes in one name. That's... impressive. Unfortunately, that's about the only impressive thing that this group has. They are currently losing in city takes to all other major teams and are in prime position to get smashed by either mud dogs or judgement day. Compounding their problems is the spread out nature of the group they have. They have people in scattered across 45 that are going to die to true fear and MD. With organised leadership and strong discipline a group in their position can easily bleed outlying cities and form up in 44 to continue fighting. But, I personally don't see it. Judgement day are already bearing down upon them and when they show weakness MD will be all over them. Currently floating but these guys are probably going to sink unless they have strong leadership.

8. The Covenant. These guys have a lot of problems. They are spread in two oceans, small group in 44 and the main group in 54 and have unimpressive fight points. Both of these oceans are shared with judgement day. But, I do think this group will survive in some form for a decent while. They stand to gain a lot of players from tolerators eventual collapse that will give them more muscle and they can easily form up on judgement days rear and be a pain in the backside. I'm willing to bet that if Judgement day attacks them first they will never forget and haunt Judgement day for the rest of the server. With competent leadership and some diplo shenanigans, this can be a fatal formula for larger groups. They will float along for a while simply because I don't think judgement day will go out of their way to fold them (many cities could be outside of the dom circle). This will create a scenario where they aggravate Judgement day across the rest of the server but will only be able to make an impact if they are going alongside another team. I'll give them a float for the rest of this server.

9. Nameless. This group is one that I can 100% see making an impact later on in the server. They have a decent core and are right in judgement days back garden. I also recognise some names in the group. This team is in a powerful position to pick up players fleeing other fallen MRA's and pact with other groups. Overall they also have some significant breathing room from judgement day and solid warscores against other MRA's. They haven't been tested yet which leads me to hold back from giving them a full swim. But, they certainly aren't floating so I guess a swim it is.

11. The Rim Collective. Okay, another alliance name that is very similar to one of my previous groups. Anyone got some hell hounds to round off this sick parody? Currently they hold a strong position right at the bottom corner of 45. This would be a great area to build up from and expand outwards but they have true fear right on top of them. This is not a fun position for any rim team to be in. They could easily end up being true fears food or a group that harrasses true fear (similar to how nameless could do the same with Judgement day). But, overall true fear seems slightly more likely that Judgement day to just turn around and kill them. It's hard to say what their fate is at this stage because it wholly depends on what the groups around them do. I'm gonna give them a float.

1saaa

Strategos
And that's my top 12 done. I will take a moment to play the game of soothsayer and see if I can make any predictions about this server.

Prediction 1: Ghosts will sink. This is going to happen pretty soon. I imagine that true fear will scoop up southern 55 and Judgement day will get a northern bit. I don't see mud dogs getting a massive piece of the pie.

Prediction 2: Mud dogs are going to move into the 35/34/44/45 area. This isn't really a prediction because it's already sort of happened. But, this group is not in a viable position for the long term and they've already got a bunch of cities near the 45/35 border. Adding onto this, stannis-storm has moved his group into safer waters before. Add in perceived weakness of EDGY MRA NAME GROUP and 44 in general and it seems like a pretty likely bet.

Prediction 3: Judgement day will not win this server. This is the rather ambitious prediction that could well be wrong but I think I have a valid case. So, Judgement day players, feel free to @ me if you do win this server but not a moment before ;) Right now they are leading in every possible aspect, this is true. But grepolis is not a sprint, it's a marathon and judgement day have a lot of hurdles do get over. Right off the bat leading early on is asking for a serious coalition to come together and tear you down. Adding onto this problem is the fact that they have nameless (a potentially competent team) on their border and MD quite possibly flanking them on another side. I can easily see a scenario where true fear sweeps up from the south with more dom cities under its control and then hits Judgement day with MD and Nameless. Smart diplo play and good fighting would negate these issues but they are still potential problems. I don't really know how to wrap this up but I'd like to add this on by saying that I have no clue how good Judgement day is. They could have no backbone whatsoever and fold when the going gets rough (we've all seen the all bark no bite teams) or they could knuckle down and provide this server with a smackdown. I'm gonna be honest in saying that I don't know which one it is because I can't know.

So that's the top 12. I'd like to remind everyone that I don't play on this server, therefore my knowledge is inherently flawed and will be lacking in some areas. I could have said something completely incorrect and if that's the case theirs no need to kick up a fuss. And I feel like I need a good way to wrap this up so ummmmmmm. Have a nice day? That'll work!

jameslongst

Strategos
What none of yous has factored in is JDs brilliant new plan of recruiting all the food in two oceans like a true MRA. That in conjunction with the foundlings they put hours behind our lines will truly turn the tables I’m sure.

Not been in this world long, but have been around in Grepo a while. On the face of it its a won game by Judgement Day, and it will be really hard for other alliances to make sufficient inroads into them, however there are significant risks for Judgement Day - I think back to Bad with Names in Himera who collapsed spectacularly and the result was that Ocean Veterans played a cohesive quiet strong game and won the world petty easily in the end. The risk in big alliances is internal power struggles and fallouts between strong proud players and also the burn out - spending more money in the early stages golding and expanding than they can sustain. Also the other reasonably big alliances near them tend to form a big coalition to stop the inevitable win. So I expect Judgement Day to win, but I wouldn't risk my money betting on them to win.

jameslongst

Strategos
Not been in this world long, but have been around in Grepo a while. On the face of it its a won game by Judgement Day, and it will be really hard for other alliances to make sufficient inroads into them, however there are significant risks for Judgement Day - I think back to Bad with Names in Himera who collapsed spectacularly and the result was that Ocean Veterans played a cohesive quiet strong game and won the world petty easily in the end. The risk in big alliances is internal power struggles and fallouts between strong proud players and also the burn out - spending more money in the early stages golding and expanding than they can sustain. Also the other reasonably big alliances near them tend to form a big coalition to stop the inevitable win. So I expect Judgement Day to win, but I wouldn't risk my money betting on them to win.
I think the main threat JD faces right now is catching these hands and they're doing everything they can to back away.