Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Bacon's almighty Top 12 Sink or Swim
Part I

1. Meme Machine / Meme Maracas / Meme Mammals - Early Swim - Mid world stage depends on diplomacy and expansion strategy.
Points: 975 279 ; Players: 92 ; Cities: 258 ; Top 100 Fighters: 18 ; Top 100 Players: 25

memes 1.png

Dominant early power of the world situated in ocean 45 with presence on ocean 55 border islands. Could be said that they currently have the best core as cities are clustered among nearby islands indicating that they are actively working on a solid coring strategy which will aid them long term. Can't say that they are fighting any serious wars at this time, some early skirmish with Black Zone Crusade and Brought Back alliances. Quite interested to see how this fight plays out in particular the Black Zone Crusade fight ( rooting for rofami to survive this world without spam ptsd ) . This team has good options for further expansion if they consolidate ocean 45, could be ocean 44 or ocean 55 as they maintain presence on both borders.

2. Real Estate Invest. LLC / Emerging Markets LLC - Float for now
Points: 558 972 ; Players: 67 ; Cities: 157 ; Top 100 Fighters: 6 ; Top 100 Players: 10

real estate 4 .png

Located in ocean mostly in ocean 55, with some presence on borders of ocean 45 and 54, core looks good at least the main part of it nearer ocean 45 border. Previously named 300, but rebranded, probably with changed leadership and less deadweight which is probably for the best considering who they are sharing the ocean with. Currently fighting Twisted/Twists and Dominators at the same time, while ignoring Phoenix which is probably the best move as they have enough on their plate as is. Somewhat even with Dominators while eating Twisted/Twists cities which will help them down the road. I do not exactly have much optimism for this city as Dominators are quite an enemy to have in that ocean right of the bat. Their best move is to take as many cities from Twisted/Twists so they have more firepower against Dominators who will most definitely look to pick off offline/inactive players to boost their overall firepower.

3. Demons / Demons Academy - Float > Sink
Points: 533 488 ; Players: 82 ; Cities: 175 ; Top 100 Fighters: 3 ; Top 100 Players: 7

demons 5.png

This team is in a lot of trouble... Position wise they have very similar predicament as Phoenix, instead of being spread out between 2 oceans they are spread inside one quite a lot and sandwiched between 2 alliances that i would rank a bit stronger than they are. As of now they dont really have much room to expand since above them are Funky Bunch and below them is Black Zone Crusade and i have a feeling that Black Zone Crusade will feel immense pressure from Memes when real war starts which will force them to grow north inside 44 and thus fight Demons and take their cities on the border to run from Memes. Only question for this ally is whether they are strong enough to hold Black Zone Crusade in 45 and repel the invasion. Even if they manage to repel Black Zone Crusade long enough for memes to kill them, they would potentially face the same issue if Meme leadership decides to expand into ocean 44 while still having Funky Bunch above them... tough tough positioning.. maybe they can expand towards ocean 34 taking islands in that directions if islands fill up, otherwise i dont think they will be here long.

4. Phoenix - Float > Swim/Sink depending on what moves they make for ocean 54
Points: 495 356 ; Players: 43 ; Cities: 121 ; Top 100 Fighters: 10 ; Top 100 Players: 10

phoenix 2.png

Some of you might wonder why i have already marked them as Float and then Sink, well for most experienced players it is enough to simply look at their map and positioning. They have 2 cores, 1 in 54 and other in 55, unless their entire group are top tier grepolis fighters, fighting in 2 oceans right of the bat will prove troublesome even for the best teams. In ocean 54 for opponents they have D-Day a team who they are actively taking cities from which is great, and then they have Venom, another team that if they allow them to grow in their backyard it would result in them losing most if not all of their 54 cities slowly but surely, while in ocean 55 they have Dominators who as well are not an easy team to share part of your alliance with. I would love to eat my own words and prediction here that they will not slowly lose 54 cities and then 55 cities when dominators sense weakness but it is as i currently see it based on many years of experience when it comes down to strategy, location and early multi front wars. There is not much advice i can give for their survival since they are in really bad spot, only possible outcome for them is to focus on D-Day and take as many cities as soon as they can and immediately challenge Venom while they have an advantage, otherwise the outcome remains as predicted.

5. D-Day / D-Day 2 - Sink
Points: 459 423 ; Players: 70 ; Cities: 151 ; Top 100 Fighters: 5 ; Top 100 Players: 3

d day 7.png

Most of their core is nicely clustered in ocean 54, however they have a lot of cities scattered across 54 and north 55, which might be troublesome and hard to keep in following weeks. They are already fighting both Phoenix and Venom right of the bat which is probably the worst thing that can happen for an alliance in their shoes. Currently bleeding cities to Phoenix would indicate that it will be very hard to keep this alliance and its players together for longer period of time, mostly morale wise. I would not be at all surprised if in following days top players jump ship to Phoenix and eat the remaining players left in the cold. Most if not all cities they have in north 55 can be called lost as they are just serving as food for northern 55 Phoenix core or Dominators if they are smart enough to recognize their opportunity. There is absolutely nothing that this team can do to survive the onslaught that will follow in upcoming week or 2.

6. Twisted/Twists - Float > Sink
Points: 442 249 ; Players: 83 ; Cities: 153 ; Top 100 Fighters: 3 ; Top 100 Players: 3

I would say that this is probably the most spread out alliance i have seen in this world so far, terrible positioning, probably due to mass recruitment, just making it harder for the overall team to survive in ocean 55. Currently losing cities to both Phoenix and Real Estate, however since a lot of them are in somewhat central/south-west 55 and some are far to the north-east side of the ocean most teams wont be going after them right of the bat, so they have chance to bounce back in those a bit remote parts of the ocean but still... not much optimism for this team as they stand now, we shall se what upcoming weeks bring for them.

7. Dominators - Float > Swim
Points: 411 427 ; Players: 34 ; Cities: 100 ; Top 100 Fighters: 7 ; Top 100 Players: 6

dominators 3.png

This team is located in north 55 close to 45/54 borders, core is not ideal, a little spread out but there is still hope fore them to cluster up and properly core in order to fight other teams in 55 more effectively. They are currently fighting Finger of Fate and Real Estate, no cities taken from Twisted/Twists would indicate that they are ignoring them or have some sort of NAP, which is probably a bad move as they need as much food as they can to fight these 2 teams mentioned above and have good chances of survival. Right now they are somewhat even with their enemies as it is still very early, but apart from picking off offline/inactive enemy players their chances of survival go down by a lot due to sheer enemy manpower. I have a feeling of sort that they will in some way climb to the top of 55 with efficient and careful conquests of weak enemy links, this would be a lot faster if they started taking twisted/twist cities to boost their overall firepower to fight 2 teams at the same time, but we shall see what happens in upcoming week.

Last edited:

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Bacon's almighty Top 12 Sink or Swim
Part II

8. Finger of Fate - Float > Sink
Points: 341 734 ; Players: 41 ; Cities: 97 ; Top 100 Fighters: 3 ; Top 100 Players: 5

Another team with unfortunate location, sandwiched between ocean 45 and ocean 55 while having cities on few rocks on the border. Recent takeovers would indicate that they are working with Real Estate team against Dominators so they expansion is focused on ocean 55, while recently recruited players are mostly in ocean 45 which might present an issue of sorts with Memes, if it continues it might draw a juicy target on their backs which i dont think is in their interest at this time. Right now they are not bleeding cities which is a good indication that they are floating around, but i am not exactly sure for how long and what their general options are other than expand to ocean 55 as quick as possible.

9. BLACK ZONE CRUSADE - Float
Points: 330 898 ; Players: 44 ; Cities: 106 ; Top 100 Fighters: 9 ; Top 100 Players: 2

bzc 8.png

This team started in north 45, then recruited falling Reborn players, which boosted their presence and somewhat solidified northern 45 area. Unlike other teams, this team has option, direction and room to expand in case war with Memes does not start favorable, above them are Demons and in my opinion they do not present such a difficult challenge for Black Zone Crusade players to break and conquer the area above them. Not choosing this route early on would most likely result in state of war not being in their favor and somewhat premature collapse of their team. I'm inclined to give them a float for now without trying to predict their later status as most of it depends on what strategic moves they make in following week or 2. Fighting Memes straight up and possibly fighting Demons on 44 border is the worst move they can make as leadership/alliance. Would have had higher hopes for this team if they dropped in any ocean but this one.

10. Funky Bunch - Swim for now
Points: 299 799 ; Players: 32 ; Cities: 81 ; Top 100 Fighters: 3 ; Top 100 Players: 6

funky bunch 10.png

Dropped in somewhat central 44 closer a bit to 54 border, core seems decent, and area does not have any immediate difficult enemies, so coring up and overall expansion should come rather easy for this team. I am unsure how many players are filling up ocean 44 behind them and to the left side, but i'm somewhat sure that most decently sized food will be to the south of them towards ocean 45 border.
This team same as Memes has a lot of room to expand and decide where they want to go after they sort our their core and immediate drop area. Both options to push towards 45 or into 54 remain completely open. This is probably one of the quiet teams to watch in this world.

11. Legion LIV - Float > Sink
Points: 275 449 ; Players: 37 ; Cities: 80 ; Top 100 Fighters: 3 ; Top 100 Players: 2

legion 11.png

Again, another team similar to Finger of Fate alliance, positioned right between ocean 44 and ocean 54 alongside the border. Somewhat solid core but i am unsure what ocean is best for them to expand and grow into, to the north of them are Funky Bunch and to the right of them are Phoenix and Venom, neither of those options seems good for this team. Currently not bleeding cities to any team, so that is at least good news, however with quite little room to grow and expand to, fate for this team is almost already decided as is for any other alliance named Legion in the past :confused: :confused: :confused: .

12. Thunderbuddies - Float/Sink - Depending on their expansion plans
Points: 250 033 ; Players: 33 ; Cities: 72 ; Top 100 Fighters: 1 ; Top 100 Players: 3

thunder 12.png

They have dropped in central/east side of ocean 44 closer to 54 border, to the left of them we have Funky Bunch. Now this team unlike a lot of others in top 12 has room to expand/escape Funky Bunch, which is most likely their best bet, fight Funky Bunch while expanding into ocean 54 because i don't see them winning the fight with Funky Bunch if they stay in place losing that war is certain.

Honorable Mentions ( Because editor is BFF with Mik )
Venom - Float > Swim - Depending on Phoenix strategy and their own
Points: 203 926 ; Players: 13 ; Cities: 49 ; Top 100 Fighters: 7 ; Top 100 Players: 7

honorable venom 13.png

Now i honestly expected a better drop/core cluster from Venom, for such team this is somewhat spread out and maybe even dangerous start given that they only have 13 players in comparison to other alliances around them. Now of course there are probably less weak links in Venom with 13 players than Phoenix or D-day with full wings, but in this early stage of the world, numbers matter when it comes to trying to grow and siege cities of other alliances near you. In curious as to what they do when D-Day falls and Phoenix is the only alliance next to them given that Phoenix will most likely be 3 times as big as they are. As for fights, i'm fairly sure they are trying to farm pretty much anyone near them for bp and quicker growth and focusing mainly on other smaller and irrelevant teams inside ocean 54, and occasionally taking a stab at D-Day while they are at full war with Phoenix. Next few weeks will present a better overview of this ocean and i am eager to see what happens next. Aside from Funky Bunch this is probably the other team to watch closely.

DeletedUser56097

Are you a local expert? ) you are a noob and not an expert ))

as it was in server 124, all alliances fled under Charlie's skirt, so it will be ))) Мемe machin is charlie's alliance )) everyone else is afraid to fight with them )) no matter how sad it is, it's a fact )) 12 cowardly alliances that will find enemies just not to fight with meme machines

My expert opinion. With love from Russia .
learn to write short and to the point

Back2Basics

Chiliarch

as it was in server 124, all alliances fled under Charlie's skirt, so it will be ))) Мемe machin is charlie's alliance )) everyone else is afraid to fight with them )) no matter how sad it is, it's a fact )) 12 cowardly alliances that will find enemies just not to fight with meme machines

We're Charlie's Alliance? Do you forget that we took his city as soon as he dropped bp? Or is reading not a required activity in russia?))

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch

compared to you or blank face i'm a god in this game.
why you mentioning 124? still butthurt how we rimmed no mercy noob ukranians/russians or was it bears... i cant tell anymore.. all russian/ukranian teams that try EN server fail so badly.. same will happen to thunderbuddies in 44 except this time you cant blame me for doing the rimming :*

also charlie has nothing to do with memes in this world, they took a city of him on day 1 out of BP while he golded hard, as for others being afraid thats just not true, BZC are being good champs atm standing their ground and enjoying the war, you just like to troll forums and dont even know anything that happens in game.

DeletedUser56097

Meme machine is a very strong alliance )

LoliSlayer I remember this player in 124 server . very cool and smart player )
in 124 servers no one fought against them and they grew up and destroyed everyone ))
here the same thing, venom ran away from them in 54 ocean ) Funky Bunch ran away from them to 44 ocean ))
will now beat themselves in the chest from afar and say that they are cool

DeletedUser56097

pg1OYXdY.jpg