Excessive Gold Use

• Thread starter DeletedUser47953
  • Start date

HarleyMatic

Hipparchus
Another world and another wawawa player complaining about gold.
Has there been a world that someone hasn't complained about gold since insta buy started, don't think so.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
What they could do, is to test 1-2 worlds with an entry fee. 5-10-20€/$ to get in, no in-game gold and all advisors unlocked or you can pick 3 or something. I don't mind gold use, but getting units out and buildings done with gold is kinda ****.

But overall I agree, getting gold is easy, atleast to get the minimum up all the time: Admin and Captain (the rest can be skipped)

this could have been tried and probably successfully done back in the day when worlds had 20-40-60k active players in most if not all worlds, right now with barely 2k players that join, half are just there to gold trade, its hard to make it work when a couple of guys spend that much gold to match what 1k players would bring by "paying" to join the world.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
You Sir, are literally full of bull pocky. It actually your opinion which doesn’t matter, since you joined the biggest alliance and you will be mooching gold for rss off the big spenders.
I haven’t said a thing about my own game other than that I would never presume to beat the gold gods of grepo who win every server.
What I have said is that I have played for many years and have used gold in the past. I even bought 3k here but have used about 500 gold so far with my 6 cities.
My opinion is perfectly valid. I’ve been in alliances that controlled 4 oceans, even led them. However, my observations of the need for a gold cap are fair enough. You say I’m not skilled. That’s an extremely weak dismissal since your hot headed bravado would only be proven by spending a ton of gold to cross the ocean and come beat me down with your rich buddy’s wallet…. and if you do that, over a discussion about gold use on the external forum, you will have proven my point…
You go the personal route because you objectively speaking has lost the argument ahahah. Yeah i totally joined the biggest alliance to mooch off ress, totally not because that's where my friends are. Also, you must be daft, i already told you that O44 only has 70k ress cap in the gold exchange, if you think that is gold abuse you are no smarter than a goldfish

Dude get outta here with your grepo vet vibe, you started in EN50 something, you think that's special? Hahahahhaha
You are nothing else but a 500th ranked dude playing in the rim, you are very very very irrelevant, nothing more than a mere ant

I don't need to 1v1 you to prove my point, we can just look at stats and compare them :) We both played Epidamnos 105, you was 75th fighter, i was 13th

DeletedUser47128

You go the personal route because you objectively speaking has lost the argument ahahah. Yeah i totally joined the biggest alliance to mooch off ress, totally not because that's where my friends are. Also, you must be daft, i already told you that O44 only has 70k ress cap in the gold exchange, if you think that is gold abuse you are no smarter than a goldfish

Dude get outta here with your grepo vet vibe, you started in EN50 something, you think that's special? Hahahahhaha
You are nothing else but a 500th ranked dude playing in the rim, you are very very very irrelevant, nothing more than a mere ant

Those 1800 points must really make you relevant then huh? The amount of disrespect from your posts, utterly ridiculous. I would write more, but then I realized I would be wasting time talking to the most dense person alive.

The fact people can have multiple nukes coming out of bp is ridiculous. Having multiple 10k cities out of bp, ridiculous. Gold has killed the game more than anything else.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Those 1800 points must really make you relevant then huh? The amount of disrespect from your posts, utterly ridiculous. I would write more, but then I realized I would be wasting time talking to the most dense person alive.

The fact people can have multiple nukes coming out of bp is ridiculous. Having multiple 10k cities out of bp, ridiculous. Gold has killed the game more than anything else.
I just started lmao, you start at 100k points or?

I love how you two dudes tell me i'm the idiot and i'm dense, yet you are still to pull out a single proof that gold is a problem in trapezuz

Like, you two can call me an idiot, dense, a liar, a gold abuser etc. etc., it still doesnt remove the fact that trapezuz isnt a gold abuse server, nor that you two guys dont have a single server where you would be considered good.

DeletedUser47128

How about 44 cities in a month on a speed 3 world, 42 of which are bigger than at least 6k... Literally impossible without gold.

It's not even solely a trapesuz issue. It's been an issue of the game for years...

Don't have a single server we'd be considered good lol.... You have to be the best player alive bro. Clearly, you're just too good for the rest of us.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
How about 44 cities in a month on a speed 3 world, 42 of which are bigger than at least 6k... Literally impossible without gold.

It's not even solely a trapesuz issue. It's been an issue of the game for years...

Don't have a single server we'd be considered good lol.... You have to be the best player alive bro. Clearly, you're just too good for the rest of us.

I will take that argument as valid. So right now you have made one valid point: that 1 player out of everyone on Trapezuz uses a lot of gold. How gamebreaking

Also, many players are better than me, i'm just stating the fact that you and your circlejerk mate Zen Shadow arent better than me, nor would you even be considered average.

I think you should actually start hide the fact that you're grepo "vets", it's kind of depressing and almost scary that you can suck soo much when you've played for that many years. You should be ashamed

DeletedUser47128

I will take that argument as valid. So right now you have made one valid point: that 1 player out of everyone on Trapezuz uses a lot of gold. How gamebreaking

Also, many players are better than me, i'm just stating the fact that you and your circlejerk mate Zen Shadow arent better than me, nor would you even be considered average.

I think you should actually start hide the fact that you're grepo "vets", it's kind of depressing and almost scary that you can suck soo much when you've played for that many years. You should be ashamed

You let me know what worlds you plan on playing in the future bro. And you also forgot the word to in front of hide... Also technically I never said I was a vet. Zen did...

I was a top 15 fighter on symerna before I quit but ok.. ****, I'll even start trying and will move towards you on this world if you really want. You let me know.

Also realize everyone who posted in favor of gold is in Young Guns LMAO. It's a bad joke honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47128

By the way, if I suck, then your team must be brutal bro lmao...

I'm just looking at the roster... I'm more impressed by dark core than I am with yall, how sad is that?

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
You let me know what worlds you plan on playing in the future bro. And you also forgot the word to in front of hide... Also technically I never said I was a vet. Zen did...

I was a top 15 fighter on symerna before I quit but ok.. ****, I'll even start trying and will move towards you on this world if you really want. You let me know.

Also realize everyone who posted in favor of gold is in Young Guns LMAO. It's a bad joke honestly.
First of all, i'm not in English class, second of all i'm not a native English speaker, although i would say ive become quite proficient in English over the years.

You were top 15 fighter? You know, i lie all the fucking time about a lot of stuff, difference between you and me are that you arent a good liar ahhaha, take a look at your Smyrna stats :) Top 128 is now top 15?
1636629450697.png

Also, you are much welcome moving closer to me on en139 and on en140 when that one starts, having a 30-50 year old dude chasing me in a browsergame would really make my day lol. I'm in your head mate, let it go... Some people are just better than you, it doesnt have to be gold :)

1636629441296.png

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
This went toxic quite quickly. lol

On the top of the page, if someone is using gold for EVERYTHING is what Zen was talking about. (im not against it, I use it myself) but like if a millionaire or something with a sizeable income is playing and dumping a few thousand into gold then using it on everything. Resources, instant building, unit completions - it would grow a quick size issue between that player & others.

However, that could be achieved too on a cheaper notion. Golding up armies and crushing other players through sheer numbers. Get the BP lead and keep it and churn out parties & culture points.

On the original idea posted...a world where gold was limited or a gold cap COULD be interesting. It would be more time dedicated instead of just...dumping a few hundred and pumping up a city to 6k in less then a day or so. Not sure if thats even possible in a world's start but its for example.

Shock

Chiliarch
Buddy, buddy, you realize that Young Guns only has 3 players in the top 20 (2 in the top 10), and 5 in the top 30 right now, right?

Just for reference, Without a Face has 6 in the top 15 (also 2 in the top 10)
Valhalla has 7 in the top 30 (3 in the top 10)
Vikings has 8 in the top 30 (2 in the top 10 as well)

So like.... I don't get how this remark is at all relevant?

Last edited:

DeletedUser47953

This went toxic quite quickly. lol

On the top of the page, if someone is using gold for EVERYTHING is what Zen was talking about. (im not against it, I use it myself) but like if a millionaire or something with a sizeable income is playing and dumping a few thousand into gold then using it on everything. Resources, instant building, unit completions - it would grow a quick size issue between that player & others.

However, that could be achieved too on a cheaper notion. Golding up armies and crushing other players through sheer numbers. Get the BP lead and keep it and churn out parties & culture points.

On the original idea posted...a world where gold was limited or a gold cap COULD be interesting. It would be more time dedicated instead of just...dumping a few hundred and pumping up a city to 6k in less then a day or so. Not sure if thats even possible in a world's start but its for example.
Thank you for going to the point of the post. There is only one guy being toxic and calling us all inferior players. It’s sad that an honest conversation about gold use and game balance is always derailed by some troll who gets his stats by dropping in late, riding the coattails of his wealthy friends, and builds his fighting stats by attacking abandoned cities at the end of a server when no one is playing anymore.
I’ve never cared about final stats, only enjoying the game during the fun part of a server.
I think those of us who’d like a little balance on the gold use are the majority of players, but one very vocal egomaniac can derail a conversation unless we all just stay on point.

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
Thank you for going to the point of the post. There is only one guy being toxic and calling us all inferior players. It’s sad that an honest conversation about gold use and game balance is always derailed by some troll who gets his stats by dropping in late, riding the coattails of his wealthy friends, and builds his fighting stats by attacking abandoned cities at the end of a server when no one is playing anymore.
I’ve never cared about final stats, only enjoying the game during the fun part of a server.
I think those of us who’d like a little balance on the gold use are the majority of players, but one very vocal egomaniac can derail a conversation unless we all just stay on point.

Oh, I am totally the same. I enjoy the combat of the game, timing attacks, defending, holding, dodging/counter attacking. Its all fun. Kind of the reason I've never won a world. Once it gets boring...bye.

However, you made a good point, because if I, for example, can gold up 50 lightships within 25 minutes then break a siege...how is that really fun for the player who just got sniped by basically instant LS force?

Granted that takes mulitple golded resources (20 min TT) dumping it all into the harbor then golding those LS out.

Shock

Chiliarch
only enjoying the game during the fun part of a server.
There's a fun part of the game?

I think those of us who’d like a little balance on the gold use are the majority of players
I'd love if that were the case but it's not realistic for Inno, especially not with this small of a player base now... maybe if they'd never changed it to where things could get golded done instantly, more players would've stuck around and the gold issue wouldn't be as bad