Curious

I have played this game many times, this is one of the few times I have the impression there is very little activity. In the ocean where I am based it seems I am in a ghost Ocean. Who has the same impression as I

Burnbrae

Lochagos
You are on the outer rim. You need to move North East of where you are now if you want any action.

AresSpear8

Hekatontarch
I have played this game many times, this is one of the few times I have the impression there is very little activity. In the ocean where I am based it seems I am in a ghost Ocean. Who has the same impression as I

You are witnessing the game in its death throes......every server is less and less players. The core oceans and the "outer rim" are one in the same,

In the past it was a real fantastic game where we had giant teams fighting each other, and the islands were packed up. I guess like all good things they get overtaken by newer games

Welsh94

Hipparchus
you want this game to last simple go easy on the noobs people

image when we started first time playing the game you spend a week building up a city maybe even throw £5 into the game then Boom someone with experience comes along and wipes the floor with you before you even started.

can anyone say they would want play after that?

I think the pre-mades are killing the game. As long as there isn't internal strife then oftentimes now the pre-mades determine who wins before the server even starts. Then the second best alliance works to create a world alliance against the number one but all things being equal they should fail. The point being the pre-mades determine gameplay and strategy none of which involves mentoring and bringing along noobs. In the old days alliances had academies where the noobs could learn. It's also the drive to more BP to grow. If they could attract more players you could even have a noob server where I belong!

Jim Lizard

Taxiarch
you want this game to last simple go easy on the noobs people

image when we started first time playing the game you spend a week building up a city maybe even throw £5 into the game then Boom someone with experience comes along and wipes the floor with you before you even started.

can anyone say they would want play after that?
I have a few suggestions that could help the game and keep newer players in game longer. This would require the main players to abide to the unofficial rules agreed prior to the chosen world starting. It'll need 2 maybe 3 selected players, who volunteer but also need to be voted in by the players. These guys would oversee that fairness is kept in game.
This idea is based on Welsh's training/new guy ideas. Basically, every alliance is allowed a "training" alliance, where new players can sit in and be safe from attack to learn the game, but who they can attack would have to be decided . Once these players are at a particular size or gained enough BP or experience for example, they are then deemed "experienced" enough to then be moved into the "main" alliance.
Someone who is hiding in a "Training" alliance will easily be found out by the city points and BP they are gaining too rapidly. Those who wish to sim can be there too, but there will come a time when your city points are too big to remain protected. So I'd advise against simming at all times lol.
Rules for everything will have to be discussed and agreed upon , but I see this as a good way to keep players long enough in the game to learn what is possible and at worst take the skills learned into a future world to expand upon.
The 2-3 players that were voted in, would oversee these unofficial rules are kept in place and have the power to implement penalties if they think a player has broken or bending the rules to benefit themselves. Nothing too harsh, but maybe free resources sent or a small city given for the worse rules broken.
Needs a bit of a think and alot of work, but if inno has no plans yet to help the game, then at least we have tried to do something to benefit the game in the longer term.

I came up with a different end-game idea about 4 years ago based on territory during skype chats with fellow team-mates back then (one player being erik and a few other big name players in that alliance) and low and behold, I come back to grepo recently and the game has domination endings now lol.
Jim

Last edited:

Welsh94

Hipparchus
Really they need to release a server where you cant conquer!

New players can learn but can still defend and attack and if a player ghosts then cities can be taken with CS like now
imagine how many Oceans would open not to mention the gold experienced players could farm lol
Or
A server where gold is restricted to make it fair gold can be used on Advisors and resources but thats it no Gold CP, no Instant finishes on recruitment or buildings.

Jim Lizard

Taxiarch
Really they need to release a server where you cant conquer!

New players can learn but can still defend and attack and if a player ghosts then cities can be taken with CS like now
imagine how many Oceans would open not to mention the gold experienced players could farm lol
Or
A server where gold is restricted to make it fair gold can be used on Advisors and resources but thats it no Gold CP, no Instant finishes on recruitment or buildings.
The non gold thing will never happen. The servers only last a fraction of the time compared to what they did before , but it must still be profitable for them, quick worlds and fast turnovers. Whereas years ago, it was longer servers with less gold spent per member, but many more players.
The instant build thing and the introduction of all these events, makes inno a killing still but has made alot leave the game.

Welsh94

Hipparchus
If they really wanted to tho they could do it I mean events are a great income for them so taking away somethings could help improve the game.

I mean even taking away the instant build and recruitments makes the game more fair and more Competitive meaning more players would stick around.

EN is International so some players in other countries might not have the money to spend or even when kids start playing I started off about 14 15 I got wiped on most servers due to heavy gold users but kept coming back a few weeks after I left most aint like me lol

Ive spoken to plenty of players who say they cant afford to put anything on the game and they lose interest fast.

or even give new players gold when they start off like 3k so they can learn more and last longer