The Game is Dead

XUNGA

Taxiarch
After another night being attacked by players that in the dozens of times they came only took a stick or a coin but who keep coming just for the pleasure of disturbing, I discovered that it is common practice in big alliances to farm your own members favor and resources. And that's what other players dream of going to ??? Really the game that I know is dead and any player that enters now will not come back like me and others past years because the community managed to create a World
of psychopathic children, terrorists and where traitors and turncoats are praised rather than singled out for the rats they are. No one can say that I left because this was going wrong. While in a world I never had a conquered city and my wall is full of the corpses of the settlers sent against me. I came here to have fun, this isn't fun anymore.
The most beautiful things about the game are over and only memories keep some honest players here. To them my hug and my advice. Leave this for good, this is already a corpse.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
You know what Xunga, people will mock your post and make fun of you but you’re actually 100% right.

The game is under attack from, as you described, terrorists, willing to disregard the way the game is intended to be played. Whether it be by robbing their own players of favour or resources. (What’s wrong with the trade function!) Or by abusing glitches like the Heracles hero giving favour when defending… these players are a plague and expediting the game’s death.

You know some of them even use external modes of communication to help communicate quicker and gain an advantage over the players using the in game forums? It’s just so unfair.

Alarms and gold are also an issue. Why should I be punished for not wanting my phone to have trumpets blaring when someone attacks me? Especially at night. I also don’t particularly want to spend money on a free game either, but then all these events come along and I just can’t keep up without spending $10 on it, something I can’t afford.

Don’t even get me started on MRA’s. It’s inherently unfair that one side outnumber the other side. You don’t see football matches with 70 vs 11 on each side. Everyone should have the same number of players on a team and let skill decide the outcome.

So inno please please please, release a world without gold, alarms, alliances, events, attackers, forums, humans and make it Roman themed.

Thanks

Trist3

Chiliarch
You know what Xunga, people will mock your post and make fun of you but you’re actually 100% right.

The game is under attack from, as you described, terrorists, willing to disregard the way the game is intended to be played. Whether it be by robbing their own players of favour or resources. (What’s wrong with the trade function!) Or by abusing glitches like the Heracles hero giving favour when defending… these players are a plague and expediting the game’s death.

You know some of them even use external modes of communication to help communicate quicker and gain an advantage over the players using the in game forums? It’s just so unfair.

Alarms and gold are also an issue. Why should I be punished for not wanting my phone to have trumpets blaring when someone attacks me? Especially at night. I also don’t particularly want to spend money on a free game either, but then all these events come along and I just can’t keep up without spending $10 on it, something I can’t afford.

Don’t even get me started on MRA’s. It’s inherently unfair that one side outnumber the other side. You don’t see football matches with 70 vs 11 on each side. Everyone should have the same number of players on a team and let skill decide the outcome.

So inno please please please, release a world without gold, alarms, alliances, events, attackers, forums, humans and make it Roman themed.

Thanks

Is this sarcasm or you being serious?

Richus I

Peltast
I've played alone side Xunga and he can be a little abrupt but sadly all he says is true.
Corvidaan there is a game you crave its called SimCity....but seriously I have just returned to the game after a few years because back then BOTs were the issue. Now it seems that issue has ben somewhat sorted.
The big issue I find now is GOLD.
Inno is a commercial company and here, not for our pleasure but to make money. They produced a product that is/was fun and free to play.
Loose the gold and they loose revenue and stop development.
Current processes just discourage average players from playing.
without these average player you end up with a two level game.....at the top those that pump $$$ at it and those that are interested/curious about the game. Sadly the later don't stay and are lost, as are the experienced players that have player the early versions.

There has to be and MUST be a compromise.

I would suggest and Gold limit....no gold use whilst under Beginners Protection and and weekly/monthly limit.
In this way, the company still get a reasonable income from there investment and players of all levels are able to compete against each other at least until they are established. After that it's down to skill level boosted by controlled gold.

As it is at the moment several players have already reached a level that make them untouchable and as the world is only about 1 month old, there is no way they got there without pumping GOLD GOLD GOLD.

With GOLD your right "The Game Is Dead"

Fizzy LaLa

Hoplite
Its not gold that kills the game so much, Its the abuse of gold i think, Kill the market and it wouldnt happen, You would have 10 or 20 super heavy wallet golders per server and that would be that.

And Bullys in my opinion, I currently have someone trying to corner me and bully me into quitting because they cant take me out so i get 10 lightning bolts a day, Plagues Quakes spy dumps. People can not match your skill so they try to ruin your day and there are no systems in place

This game isnt what it was back in its first years, I take a break for a few months to years in between worlds, There is too much malice in this gamenow which is sad

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
just stop crying
I don’t think people are crying. Game balance is a valid issue for players to discuss. Honestly, if you don’t want to constructively participate in a discussion, why bother posting? Do you believe that the external forum exists for the sole purpose of wallet players to stroke each other’s “egos”…. and insult the majority of players who spend a reasonable amount on the game, but don’t abuse the gold.
Truthfully, you must be afraid that the devs will actually listen to us and experiment with spending limits and you’d have to play better instead of golding troops and spamming HCs all day and night until people let you take their cities. Your repeated interruptions of the discussion show you are deathly afraid of not being able to buy so many pixels…

xFate

Strategos
I don’t think people are crying. Game balance is a valid issue for players to discuss. Honestly, if you don’t want to constructively participate in a discussion, why bother posting? Do you believe that the external forum exists for the sole purpose of wallet players to stroke each other’s “egos”…. and insult the majority of players who spend a reasonable amount on the game, but don’t abuse the gold.
Truthfully, you must be afraid that the devs will actually listen to us and experiment with spending limits and you’d have to play better instead of golding troops and spamming HCs all day and night until people let you take their cities. Your repeated interruptions of the discussion show you are deathly afraid of not being able to buy so many pixels…

i buy like 40k gold a world

im sure im sitting here biting my toe nails hoping they dont remove these features, what will i possibly do with my life

bugeyes10

Phrourach
No systems in place to stop it being abused is what i should have said lol, Its not possible to cover 15 cities permanently
807398044772335648.webp

I have 27 cities cped right now

Corvidaan

Phrourach
807398044772335648.webp

I have 27 cities cped right now

See, you’re just one of these Hercules abusers. Do you have no shame you favour guzzling bandit? Robbing your team of their resources and godly fervour with your pegasi and envoys of an uncaring god. Sending legions of swordsmen designed to defend cities to die as a sacrifice on the walls of an ally to abuse a hero glitch.

You disgust me. What fizzy is saying is that there’s no “real” way to cover all those cities without resorting to the cowardly, vile tactics you no doubt use.

Cur.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
See, you’re just one of these Hercules abusers. Do you have no shame you favour guzzling bandit? Robbing your team of their resources and godly fervour with your pegasi and envoys of an uncaring god. Sending legions of swordsmen designed to defend cities to die as a sacrifice on the walls of an ally to abuse a hero glitch.

You disgust me. What fizzy is saying is that there’s no “real” way to cover all those cities without resorting to the cowardly, vile tactics you no doubt use.

Cur.
wtf are you talking about...what is herc for if you dont use it to it's max. that's like saying someone abuses ari by shifting it from 1 city to the next every 3 hours to rebuild mass numbers of ls nukes. get up to date and in touch with the dynamics of the game before you start insulting other players that are obviously way better than you.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
wtf are you talking about...what is herc for if you dont use it to it's max. that's like saying someone abuses ari by shifting it from 1 city to the next every 3 hours to rebuild mass numbers of ls nukes. get up to date and in touch with the dynamics of the game before you start insulting other players that are obviously way better than you.

you don’t have two braincells to rub together if you thought I was being serious you witless buffoon.

Bugs is better than me though, so you managed to get one of your broken clock twice a day moments in.