Corrupt or incompetent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marto81

Lochagos
In the current world I'm playing there has been either a huge break of the rules by mods or Ino, or a complete lack of competence to admit and deal with an issue. When the time arrived for a new WW activation target to be recalculated, the actual score and target score were extremely close thus no calculation took place and the following screen was showing:

image_2022_05_08T01_34_05_914Z.pngimage_2022_05_08T01_34_05_914Z.png
A few days later, we awoke to a new target score (roughly 4M points lower) and the following screen showing:

image_2022_05_08T01_34_38_201Z.png

As one can see, the events dont match what the rules of the game in that current moment were stating. I'd like other players feedback on this.

Marto81

Lochagos
delaying ww has been a tactic used by many alliances in many worlds. With the new WW rules being put in place in all new WW worlds, that wont be an issue any more. That is not the problem here.

The problem isn't whether alliances were trying to delay or not. It's that one day after the recalculation time it said that the target score will no longer be recalculated and then just a few days later they go and recalculate. So either the wording of the WW notification was wrong or there is an error with the apparent coding in the game.

Kosti

Phrourach
delaying ww has been a tactic used by many alliances in many worlds. With the new WW rules being put in place in all new WW worlds, that wont be an issue any more. That is not the problem here.

The problem isn't whether alliances were trying to delay or not. It's that one day after the recalculation time it said that the target score will no longer be recalculated and then just a few days later they go and recalculate. So either the wording of the WW notification was wrong or there is an error with the apparent coding in the game.
fake doctor, id say thats corrupt as well

Corvidaan

Phrourach

Hey Marto,

The calculation times changed 6 patches ago in patch 1.69.3. It enables the timer to change when certain conditions are met even between what used to be set calculation times. It means that constant control of the point level has to be maintained rather than just at set times. In addition to this, you also have to remember (and factor in) to
sugma balls

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
can we be friends now?
dont push your luck

Back on topic, I actually agree with Marto on this one. The wording suggests a recalculation wont take place. Corvidaan's reply explains things well but still doesnt excuse the error in wording. I must admit that I didnt understand why the target score had dropped when i looked at it in game.

Last edited:

Hydna

Grepolis Team
We do have an unusual situation in Pylos but I am unclear as to why this signifies either incompetence or corruption.

I also have screenshots of what happened here. They may not reflect perfectly what happened but they show more accurately why these changes have happened.

Recalculation day
WW NO RECALCULATION.png
WW at recalculation point.png

So on the day of recalculation the difference between points required to begin WW and the actual points of the top 50 alliances was less than 2%. On this basis there was no recalculation. This is an automated feature. I have never seen this happen before, it may never have happened and it is not published. In a normal world it would have taken only a few days to reach the target and this is an automated fail safe to ensure that players in a world are not suddenly rushed into a WW start because of a recalculation.

Here WW did not start normally because players jumped out of the alliance. The points fell to a point where a recalculation would have happened and this triggered another automatic fail safe (where the game checks whether 2% is still a thing or if it's moved) recalculates if applicable and the recalculation schedule resumes from where it left off. In this case the points drop was engineered by players which is not an intended feature but this fail safe would also cover situations where there was a ghosting or other circumstance where points drop. The new target, in a normal world, would still allow players time to plan pre WW.

This is a strategy game. Alliances have to adapt to changing circumstances as they happen and jumping out to artificially delay WW could be considered a strategic move. It forces an alliance to weigh up the benefit of a delay v the disadvantage of players who can't send res for 72 hours. In a scenario with branches this is even easier to manipulate. Deliberate manipulation of this mechanic was not intended by GD though and realistically you cannot expect to delay forever. Everything that has happened here affects all the players in a world so it is fair. You can hardly call it corruption just because the automated features did not suit the strategic plan of one group who were intentionally trying to exploit. I would say stop complaining about what you can't change and use your energies to plan the way forward from where you are now.

Marto81

Lochagos
Thanks finally for the explanation that i have been searching for for days now that another mod was unable to provide. So, if corruption is taken of the table it means there was only a blatant case of incompetence firstly by the game or developers to provide the info you gave above in a clear and easily accessable place and secondly by a mod to explain the issue.

On your statement to -stop complaining-...if we dont complain or bring to notice these issues, how can they ever be fixed or modified in the future to make the game better. Like i stated above, the biggest issue here was the lack of or incorrect info that players were provided regarding the WW activation dynamics and the lack of knowledge of a mod to then explain the situation.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
This is a new situation for us but ultimately the game has recalculated as it always said it would except for when the difference was 2%. Given that the game design is not expecting deliberate manipulation this would have worked in any genuine scenario.

The new WW worlds will not operate in the same way so I doubt this situation will ever occur again anyway.

Marto81

Lochagos
This is a new situation for us but ultimately the game has recalculated as it always said it would except for when the difference was 2%. Given that the game design is not expecting deliberate manipulation this would have worked in any genuine scenario.

The new WW worlds will not operate in the same way so I doubt this situation will ever occur again anyway.
Technically it DIDNT recalculate the way it SAID it would as both your and my screenshots clearly show that it was written -the target score will no longer be recalculated-. However, no need to cry over spilt milk. Maybe have a chat between your mods before one of them replies to a ticket without the correct or full answer in the future and like i said in my initial post, i cant see this issue being a problem in the future due to the changes in WW activation.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
Marto stop being a little cry baby.

Just go build some wonders and say thank you to Hydna for taking the time out of her day to babysit you through your tantrum about not being able to manipulate start time to your liking.

Marto81

Lochagos
I honestly dont care about when WW's start and if you look at the actual game it's Cuddles that have been doing most of the manipulating and delaying of late. I was just reporting the issue here for the reasons mentioned in the above posts. Glad to see that even when I dont have both you and kosti in a world with me you're both still thinking about me and put in the time and effort to comment on my posts...thanks guys, feel the love!

Corvidaan

Phrourach
I honestly dont care about when WW's start and if you look at the actual game it's Cuddles that have been doing most of the manipulating and delaying of late. I was just reporting the issue here for the reasons mentioned in the above posts. Glad to see that even when I dont have both you and kosti in a world with me you're both still thinking about me and put in the time and effort to comment on my posts...thanks guys, feel the love!
I don’t even know who you are unless you played 124, 132 or 136.

My comments to shut up and stop being a baby are based solely off your thread replies here

Kosti

Phrourach
meh, you're a bully and im happy you get to experience some stupid WW delay. Also glad to see that OV cant even win a revolt world after running away from CQ

The mods failed to do anything about the biggest player on the server botting the whole way through, why would you expect a straight answer on this one?

MartinusV

Hipparchus
In the current world I'm playing there has been either a huge break of the rules by mods or Ino, or a complete lack of competence to admit and deal with an issue. When the time arrived for a new WW activation target to be recalculated, the actual score and target score were extremely close thus no calculation took place and the following screen was showing:

View attachment 16206View attachment 16206
A few days later, we awoke to a new target score (roughly 4M points lower) and the following screen showing:

View attachment 16207

As one can see, the events dont match what the rules of the game in that current moment were stating. I'd like other players feedback on this.

Sure it wasnt Ozz doing the calculations ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.