Ban Gold the 1st 7 days at a World start!

Abbe Faria

Peltast
"lets limit the amount of money we can make"

Does this sound like a good business strategy?

Stop shilling for the capitalist class you indoctrinated myopic mongo. I suggest you try and distance yourself from the propagandized reality you've been led to believe exists. Shed your obvious suppositions of euro-centricity and learn how your behavior contributes to the ongoing economic oppression of the global south; your mentality simply reeks of white supremacy and exploitation. #checkyourprivelege

xFate

Strategos
Stop shilling for the capitalist class you indoctrinated myopic mongo. I suggest you try and distance yourself from the propagandized reality you've been led to believe exists. Shed your obvious suppositions of euro-centricity and learn how your behavior contributes to the ongoing economic oppression of the global south; your mentality simply reeks of white supremacy and exploitation. #checkyourprivelege

Thank god this is probably Rad on an alt. I was worried

Pennaone

Phrourach
Real talk, a goldless world would be so great because then maybe all these half-brains would stop fronting as if they're actually any good.
I'm sure some of them might be, but I'm willing to bet 90% of the people that spew P2W rage-posts would get clapped up regardless.

I am a dirty little whore with gold, and I'll be the first to admit how ESSENTIAL it is in the first weeks of a world to climb away in the rankings. But beyond that? No grepolis is absolutely not P2W, anyone that has gone through an entire server knows there is so much more behind a team's success or failure than the gold that the top 3-4 members spend.

Ask yourself why Charlie, lord of the gypsies (self-proclaimed btw) and one of the biggest gold users in this game 1) never wins and 2) ghosts out a few months into each server? Provided Meme hasn't made him ghost he eventually reaches a point where his gold expenditure can no longer make up for the glaring holes in his gameplay and his behavior. Gold drastically loses value and effectiveness as the server progresses. The amount needed to genuinely tip the scales of an even-sided alliance conflict during the endgame is immense, and I've yet to see it be done. The only exception to this rule is Easter & Halloween events that heavily favor whichever side spends more; even this, however, can be negated if your side is simply less *** than your opposition.

So do me a favor and cull your delusions and quit blaming every facet of your ineptitude on gold.

Tyvm

MartinusV

Hipparchus
Lol im done with this game until they prove they care about more than money, otherwise trust me, id make ure daily life miserable, with no gold and no spam.

Until Grep brings back advertisements, merges large servers, hell figures out anything to make all the worlds not the same…( essentially the same two teams fighting at the end almost every server) i done with this game… Ive spent almost a decade playing this game, youve played one speed two world it appears and claim to be a master tactician, the ego seems to check with the rest of grep so kudos to to you.

But as someone who spent years planning successful ops and making ppl rage quit /hit VM, ill end it off like this, ive seen your type come, “grind” for a world, than leave claiming your better than tbe gold spendersbut they won cause of gold so it’s pointless to keep trying… maybe ull prove us wrong, but i suggest not playing a slow world, where not many competitve players go, get some xp underyour belt , and come back, cause right now you sound like every other tom dick and harry who came into this game, “grinded” for a world, got mad, and never came back…

Hey matey

I was reading back on an old closed world earlier today. The top 12 all had 100 players and not all MRA. Outside the top 12 were maybe another dozen alliances larger than those we see today. The good times need bringing back. No alarms, no mobile app, less gold abuse - skill and respectable teams.

Kosti

Phrourach
Hey matey

I was reading back on an old closed world earlier today. The top 12 all had 100 players and not all MRA. Outside the top 12 were maybe another dozen alliances larger than those we see today. The good times need bringing back. No alarms, no mobile app, less gold abuse - skill and respectable teams.
dang marti, thats just wrong. We're fucked ;)

chance4138

Hoplite
Real talk, a goldless world would be so great because then maybe all these half-brains would stop fronting as if they're actually any good.
I'm sure some of them might be, but I'm willing to bet 90% of the people that spew P2W rage-posts would get clapped up regardless.

I am a dirty little whore with gold, and I'll be the first to admit how ESSENTIAL it is in the first weeks of a world to climb away in the rankings. But beyond that? No grepolis is absolutely not P2W, anyone that has gone through an entire server knows there is so much more behind a team's success or failure than the gold that the top 3-4 members spend.

Ask yourself why Charlie, lord of the gypsies (self-proclaimed btw) and one of the biggest gold users in this game 1) never wins and 2) ghosts out a few months into each server? Provided Meme hasn't made him ghost he eventually reaches a point where his gold expenditure can no longer make up for the glaring holes in his gameplay and his behavior. Gold drastically loses value and effectiveness as the server progresses. The amount needed to genuinely tip the scales of an even-sided alliance conflict during the endgame is immense, and I've yet to see it be done. The only exception to this rule is Easter & Halloween events that heavily favor whichever side spends more; even this, however, can be negated if your side is simply less *** than your opposition.

So do me a favor and cull your delusions and quit blaming every facet of your ineptitude on gold.

Tyvm
and charlie ghosted haha. this aged like wine

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
Well if RP played it better and got on him from the start, he would have ghosted.
Do you remember that world where TJ was a leader and where JFL were playing,i remember no one wanted to touch them because they were huge Golders there was also another golder team and in the end they got really big something i said would happen if Alliances disnt start hitting them right away..

Really hope we can learn from that and go to war as soon as we are all ready with the Mass Golder teams on both Conquest and Revolt Worlds.

Kosti

Phrourach
Do you remember that world where TJ was a leader and where JFL were playing,i remember no one wanted to touch them because they were huge Golders there was also another golder team and in the end they got really big something i said would happen if Alliances disnt start hitting them right away..

Really hope we can learn from that and go to war as soon as we are all ready with the Mass Golder teams on both Conquest and Revolt Worlds.
no clue what world

I do ocasionally join a new world to mine some gold - not very good at it but I get enough to see me through the next world with advisors and the odd boost in emergencies here and there. Players that spend hundreds of $/£ will spoil the game for some others with the overwhelming advantage the gold gives them, and if I'm honest I'd probably be no different if I could afford it - or maybe not, who knows.
There are - from the average players point of view - some good ideas regarding choking the supply of gold in one way or another, which, while pissing off the rich gold buyers, will greatly please the Plebs throughout the worlds.
We must all realise that the ONLY reason we are all here is because the Grepo company want to make money, the main revenue income stream is selling gold coins to players, Why would they choke their supply of cash coming in just to please the few that complain about the gold players.
Never gonna happen.

gkassimis

Hipparchus
we have demonised gold for everything but from my experience you can be competitive without spending gold except for advisors or buying packages. time is money they say and in grepo its true. if you can dedicate time then you dont need money to reach a respectable top 10 ranking. if you dont have time or you want to to achieve a top 3 ranking, then you need gold and packages

Nine Fingers

Peltast
People continue to talk about gold as if it's a problem, the problem is how players jump into alliances they think have the best chance. In the alliance where I am, I've already lost count of how many people have done it, the last one was right after taking possession of a city where everyone supported him. It must be a beautiful environment in these alliances when only 35 can win a crown and those who are relegated to the wings are hoping that the "teammates" get sick or do things wrong

Nine Fingers

Peltast
When Chess came out there were also no rules about shouting in the opponent's ear while he thinks, later they realized that not everyone had education and sportsmanship and that winning at all costs was the law and they had to make rules to that also. there are always people looking to take advantage of others using all possible tricks, it's a shame that some top alliance leaders encourage this and then complain about Inno promoting Grepo. If players really want to promote this, you can start with how certain behaviors are rewarded.